Striking in the Dark : A Predator Interest Check

Started by undisclosedtoyou, August 15, 2010, 11:36:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

undisclosedtoyou

Striking in the Dark
A Predator Interest Check

I really want to put together a small erotic Predator style group game.  And while I know there are a few games about these aliens floating about E! they weren't exactly what I was looking for.  I don't have a full on plot thought out yet, but my idea was that this game can be centered on a small scrapping ship, with a team of two or three, who come across signs of a crashed Yautja ship.

What they find is the mother load, a ship full of Yautja tech and weaponry.  For the few human settlements scattered throughout space, anything made by the mysterious alien race was worth a lot of credits, enough in fact, that they wouldn't have to worry about finances for a very long time. 

Unfortunately for them, a Yautja ship had been in the middle of answering the downed ships distress call when the small human vessel had shown up and entered the planets atmosphere.  It turns out, that the fallen ship had been full of Unblood's, on their way to Chiva, nothing out of the ordinary there, except for the fact that there weren't any bodies, none, not even a single sign of struggle.  What's more, the arrival of humans was highly suspect

I haven't thought up anything after this yet, but I'm thinking that once they've been interrogated, and scanned, it's found that humans had been experimenting on genetically engineering it's race, using Yautja DNA in order to make them stronger and better able to defend themselves against their stronger alien counterparts.  The engineering wouldn't have gotten that far, just enough to make these humans capable of breeding with the Yautja.  The aliens would have found this highly insulting, demanding to know where the humans had gotten their hands on the necessary bodies of their kind in order to take their DNA.  The captured humans wouldn't know all that much about it, just that it had been going on for the last three generations, and that in all honesty they hadn't really noticed any real noticeable differences between them and their forefathers.

Wanting to kill the abomination immediately, it's only hand of the Hunt Master himself that stalls them.  There's been a shortage of female Yautja, and the chance to mate and produce Sucklings is too high for him to just let these humans be killed.  So the humans are taken and turned into pet's to the Yautja on board.  Somewhere in here would be a plot about the missing bodies, so it could be described as an erotic predator styled mystery game.

If your interested than please let me know, I'd love to start the game, but not if there's not enough interest in it.       
"Not all who wander are aimless.  Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Kraven Trollsbane

hello there, I like the sound of this. im interested in playing it out.
 A&A

Kunoichi

Hmm.  Would a shortage of female Yautja mean that I wouldn't be allowed to play one, or just that there'd be a limit on the number allowed? ^^;

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Kunoichi on August 16, 2010, 12:51:10 PM
Hmm.  Would a shortage of female Yautja mean that I wouldn't be allowed to play one, or just that there'd be a limit on the number allowed? ^^;

Naw, it just means that there's a limit on the number allowed lol.  Your more than free to play a female Yautja.

Quote from: Kraven Trollsbane on August 16, 2010, 12:08:03 PM
hello there, I like the sound of this. im interested in playing it out.

Awesome!  If I get two more people interested I'll snazz up the plot and really work on getting this started.
"Not all who wander are aimless.  Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Sabriel

QuoteThe engineering wouldn't have gotten that far, just enough to make these humans capable of breeding with the Yautja.  The aliens would have found this highly insulting, demanding to know where the humans had gotten their hands on the necessary bodies of their kind in order to take their DNA.

I am curious to know more  ::) Also I could not help but think of the scientists who are always playing around with the Xenomorphs, are you using the sort of crossover thing ? and could one of the human perhaps be engineered more with Xeno DNA, sort of like a reverse human version of the the Xeno queen in alien resurrection.

Something quite creepy neat about the Yautja and Xenothingys >.<

Xanatos

I could be interested, but there would have to be more plot to go on after they become the pets to the Predators.

Also where did you get your information on the world and such? I would need to do a bit of research to better understand things.

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Sabriel on August 29, 2010, 09:00:05 AM
I am curious to know more  ::) Also I could not help but think of the scientists who are always playing around with the Xenomorphs, are you using the sort of crossover thing ? and could one of the human perhaps be engineered more with Xeno DNA, sort of like a reverse human version of the the Xeno queen in alien resurrection.

Something quite creepy neat about the Yautja and Xenothingys >.<

lmao, I dunno.  It's definitely something to think about, and I'm not averse to it.  This game idea has actually been a little side project of mine to work on, so I'd have to see where I am on plot, and if it fits than I'm all for it.

Quote from: Xanatos on August 29, 2010, 11:42:19 AM
I could be interested, but there would have to be more plot to go on after they become the pets to the Predators.

Also where did you get your information on the world and such? I would need to do a bit of research to better understand things.

Oh there is, I'm just working on the game idea and plot at small intervals when I can.  I haven't gotten a whole lot of time to work on it, so it's taking me longer than usual.  But you can be sure that there's way more plot lol.

In the off topic thread there's this, there's some good info, and some links that are useful.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Xanatos

Thank you. I will look at the information after work tonight or tomorrow after school.

Sabriel

Ah that's neat.

Plot is good too but I had expected that from your description and such already it did not sound like it was just going to be about being held captive by the Yautja. Although that is a far better starting plot than many of newer movies concerning the subject in my opinion :P

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Xanatos on August 29, 2010, 02:07:36 PM
Thank you. I will look at the information after work tonight or tomorrow after school.

Oh no problem, I'm here to help :D
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Xanatos

I looked over both links I saw, I read all about the Predators. I will go back later to see if there is any on the Humans. For right now I think I want to be a Human woman. I might want to be a male Predator though... not sure -chuckles-.

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Xanatos on August 30, 2010, 01:37:50 AM
I looked over both links I saw, I read all about the Predators. I will go back later to see if there is any on the Humans. For right now I think I want to be a Human woman. I might want to be a male Predator though... not sure -chuckles-.

Lmao, that is a conundrum!  But I'm sure whichever you choose will be awesome!
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Kunoichi

*will certainly be playing a female Predator when this game gets going*

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Kunoichi on August 30, 2010, 03:23:54 AM
*will certainly be playing a female Predator when this game gets going*

Lol this reminded me.  I'm really working on the details of this game, so it's gonna take a lil bit for it to start.  I hope everyone will have patience with me, as I really want this game to be successful.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Kunoichi

Alright.  In that case, can I ask you to PM me when you've gotten the game off the ground? ^^;

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Kunoichi on August 30, 2010, 02:14:48 PM
Alright.  In that case, can I ask you to PM me when you've gotten the game off the ground? ^^;

Will do!
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Xanatos

Go ahead and PM when your finished as well.

Also do you want people only controlling one character at a time? I ask because I like to control two or more characters at a time.

Lastly, what will the Human pets be able to do once under the control of the Predators? Will they be taught the ways of the Predators or will they be mostly just breeding vassals?

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Xanatos on August 30, 2010, 08:56:16 PM
Go ahead and PM when your finished as well.

Also do you want people only controlling one character at a time? I ask because I like to control two or more characters at a time.

Lastly, what will the Human pets be able to do once under the control of the Predators? Will they be taught the ways of the Predators or will they be mostly just breeding vassals?

People can create more than one character, I don't mind at all if you want more than one under your belt.

And what they will be able to do depends on the Predator I guess.  As pet's they could conceivably accompany their "owners" around the ship, and eat with them in the mess hall even.  But if say they committed a crime, or did something wrong, than the responsibly falls on the owners, so some might give more freedom, while other would maybe lock them up in the bedroom.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Xanatos

Okie dokie. That makes sense. I can't imagine pets going along on hunts, though, especially since Yautja are so fond of going after Xenomorphs; poor Human would be dead before they could blink -chuckles- (at least that's how the movies seem to always show it >.<).

Since your letting us have more than one character, I will play a Predator and a Human female then. What is the highest rank our predator can be? I'm not necessarily looking to be a high ranking Yautja, but it would be good reference to keep in mind.

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Xanatos on August 30, 2010, 11:28:23 PM
Okie dokie. That makes sense. I can't imagine pets going along on hunts, though, especially since Yautja are so fond of going after Xenomorphs; poor Human would be dead before they could blink -chuckles- (at least that's how the movies seem to always show it >.<).

Since your letting us have more than one character, I will play a Predator and a Human female then. What is the highest rank our predator can be? I'm not necessarily looking to be a high ranking Yautja, but it would be good reference to keep in mind.

At the moment the highest ranking Predators in the game would be Clan leaders, I might allow a Adjudicator or two.  But that will be later on.

O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Xanatos on August 30, 2010, 11:28:23 PM

I can see them bringing their human pet's with them.  I'm working on something now, but the humans would have to be fairly good warriors to be allowed to live and breed.  Humans can kill the Xenomorphs, it just...you know, takes a whole lot lol.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Xanatos

Well yeah. I was just looking at it from the point of view that if the Humans were valued enough to be worthy of breeding, then why chance losing these valuable vassals? Female Predators don't hunt, yeah they can fight, but they are not seen as warriors. This is just my view, but wouldn't the Predators see the Human females in the same light?

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Xanatos on September 01, 2010, 09:09:51 PM
Well yeah. I was just looking at it from the point of view that if the Humans were valued enough to be worthy of breeding, then why chance losing these valuable vassals? Female Predators don't hunt, yeah they can fight, but they are not seen as warriors. This is just my view, but wouldn't the Predators see the Human females in the same light?

Oh no my point was that a human could potentially kill during a hunt, in the actual game they wouldn't technically be "allowed" to hunt by law.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Xanatos

Oh yeah, true. Yeah, despite being portrayed as the weakest race in the universe, Humans can kill Xenomorphs -nods-.

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Xanatos on September 01, 2010, 11:32:31 PM
Oh yeah, true. Yeah, despite being portrayed as the weakest race in the universe, Humans can kill Xenomorphs -nods-.

In the Alien and even in the AVP movies, Some are very clearly killed by Humans.  I will admit that it really can't be done by say bare hands, but a kill is a kill in my book.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

wildstar

Hmm this peaks my interest. I always wondered if the Predators had females. I did find a drawing of a Female Yautja Princess i think. I would like to play a strong human male for a Female Yautja. he could be a Marine that was with the Human crew protecting them when they get captured. he could be very well trained for combat agains't Xeno's and if this is allowed he could at least know a little about Yautja.

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: wildstar on September 02, 2010, 08:20:22 AM
Hmm this peaks my interest. I always wondered if the Predators had females. I did find a drawing of a Female Yautja Princess i think. I would like to play a strong human male for a Female Yautja. he could be a Marine that was with the Human crew protecting them when they get captured. he could be very well trained for combat agains't Xeno's and if this is allowed he could at least know a little about Yautja.

Lol, there are female Youtja.  As for training against Xenomorphs and knowledge about the Youtja themselves, he'll probably be able to know a few things, but they are a very private races, so there isn't a whole lot of general knowledge about them.  As for Xenomorphs, they aren't really a prolific race, attacks by them are rare, and they are usually handled directly by the Yautja, so being trained in combat with them would probably mean one or two encounters with them at the most.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Kunoichi

Or being somebody with significant experience working for Weyland-Yutani.  Since, y'know, they just keep doing experiments on the xenomorphs, in spite of the fact that their containment procedures obviously suck...

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Kunoichi on September 02, 2010, 05:38:29 PM
Or being somebody with significant experience working for Weyland-Yutani.  Since, y'know, they just keep doing experiments on the xenomorphs, in spite of the fact that their containment procedures obviously suck...

Or there's this rout lmao, but Kunoichi knows more about it than I do :)
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

wildstar

we can say my character had a run in with the xenomorphs during a resuce operation. he hates Xenomorphs because they killed his men of the squad he was in. maybe could say a Predator for some reason or another saved him from them. would this be ok? 

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: wildstar on September 02, 2010, 07:11:27 PM
we can say my character had a run in with the xenomorphs during a resuce operation. he hates Xenomorphs because they killed his men of the squad he was in. maybe could say a Predator for some reason or another saved him from them. would this be ok?

Well it would have to be a very very good reason to save him, they don't just go around saving people.  It would be better to just not include that in your characters history.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

wildstar

Xanatos

undisclosedtoyou

I haven't finished putting the plot up, so people should hold off making a character.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

wildstar

ok PM me when we are ready for posting characters :)