Heathen's school for despicable Villainy. Interest check.

Started by Malgriff, March 12, 2014, 03:28:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malgriff

Name Ruby Baker

Age 17

Family Father - The baker (A.K.A the muffin man) Anthony Baker. Mother - Unknown. Older brother - The ginger bread man (A.K.A Gingie.) Who coaches sports for Hero's school.

Personality Ruby is quite the contrast to other students of Heathen's as she is there quite by mistake. Her personality tends to lean more towards qualities the opposing Hero's school would usually accept. She's kind hearted, empathetic and quite naive. However she's not stupid and has a streak of determination that she's hoping will see her through this school. She may seem bland almost like the princesses from the stories of old, but she's far more pro active when things begin to get difficult, certainly not a damsel when the chips are down. 

Back story Her father, a relatively lonely man had made the ginger bread man in his younger days, and though he loved the boy very much he still yearned for a real child of his own. When Gingie grew up made a life for himself teaching at the school he'd loved when growing up The baker took matters into his own hand. Ruby had not really asked about her mother all that much so it was rarely talked about, and when it was it was skirted or avoided.
She grew up in a small town, raised with all the beliefs and morals any good little girl should. So imagine the surprise and confusion when Ruby received a letter inviting her to Heathen's school for Despicable villainy. It took weeks to get her head around the invitation and convince her father to let her go. She still felt unsure about attending, she was sure she'd applied for the hero's school but it seemed the powers that be had other plans.

Sexuality Undiscovered

Powers/abilities Seemingly none of particular value, save for an affinity for animals (and minions when introduced to them) Maybe further abilities or powers will manifest themselves in her later on in her school career.

I am loving all these characters, the creativity is just astounding <3  One or two more and I'll start up the ooc thread so we can discuss the overall plot of the story then go over some rules before we get into the story.

someinheritthewealth

I told you it was great idea to post, I decided on Freddy Krueger daughter only yesterday, but can't wait to use her.

Malgriff

I thought she was a pretty  good character :3 I can't play evil to save my lift, thus the mix up with Ruby going into the school X3

Ironwolf85

I figured somebody sould give this thing a kick in the pants, you guys were dancing around a good topic so much  :D
Prudence, justice, temperance, courage, faith, hope, love...
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.
Civilization: the ability to put that psycho in prision for killing people.

someinheritthewealth

I wonder if we will get more children of horror icons I hinted at Cenobite children ;).

Ironwolf85

maybe, but there are also other story characters be they the witches and squires of fairy tales, to the usual vampires, and so forth.
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.

Juggtacular

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Name - Death

Age - Very, Very Old

Personality - Death is old. As such he has seen much and done much more. There's not many things out there that surprise him at this point. However, thankfully living beings are so emotional that they are always changing. That's one of the things he likes so much; unpredictability. It's no surprise that a guy named Death has a dark sense of humor, and he often finds himself laughing at misfortune or things others might not find funny. He can't help it though, it's just who he is. He is mostly no-nonsense when it comes to the students, but he an at times show a soft side. Even Death has a family. He does expect excellence from his students, so he'll push them very hard at every opportunity.

Species - Nephilim

Sexuality - Hetero

History - Death seems to be as old as creation itself. Perhaps even older. He wasn't born as many were, he just began existing and has existed for as long as he can remember, which is a very long time. As the personification of the concept of death, he oversees that aspect in this world and makes sure that when it's your time...you punch your ticket and go about your business on the other side. For a very long time he did nothing but his job.

Reaping souls, ferrying the dead to the after life where they could be judged; the usual. But when a concept for a villain school was  proposed, he had to help. He's not a true villain, but make no mistake. Death is a necessary evil, which in some ways make him worse than all the ones who choose it of their own volition. He helped build the school and took on a position there to help future generations find their way.

Powers -

Speed - You know the saying, "No one can outrun Death". Well aside from the philosophical meaning, it has a literal one too. Death is fast. Faster than many think is even possible, but it's in his design. He's probably one of if not the fastest being in existence.

Scythe - The Grim Reaper's scythe is a physical manifestation of Death's power. It's blade severs the connection between a soul and body, which means a quick death...though not always painless.

Darkness Manipulation - Being a creature of death, entropy, and darkness. Death has a great degree of control over it. He can summon creatures from the darkness, create armor, and all sorts of things. He's very creative at this point as he's had lots of time to practice.

someinheritthewealth

Oh Jack the Ripper I think Dinal Krueger in love ;).

Malgriff

Jugg please say you'll be headmaster with that badass you got there :D

Juggtacular

Malgriff

Of course, as long as you don't mind overseeing the story as a gm?

Juggtacular

I haven't GM'd in a while, but I think I'd be up to the challenge.

Ironwolf85

Faeli

*high fives Jugg*

Since my character is a ghost... that means I'm totally besties with Death right?  right?

Juggtacular

-high fives-

Why not, lol. As a guy who goes back and forth between the living and spirit worlds, I'm sure he's cool with all manner of undead beings. Including a certain ghost, hehehe.

Faeli

WOOT!  Teacher's pet!

*raspberries the rest of the class*

Jefepato

Okay, here's what I've come up with.  I'm not sure if I went too far with the abilities, but the operant idea is that he has serious potential but not nearly enough practical experience yet.

Name: Mahmud ibn Nasib

Family: Father - Nasib ibn R'ad, a prince among ifrit.  Mother - Sylvia Armand, a human sorceress.  A fair number of half-siblings who aren't going to really give a damn about the half-breed until he makes something of himself.

Personality: Mahmud is fairly arrogant, but in a quiet sort of way (at least, considering that he's technically royalty); at least, he's well aware that he needs to prove himself before he can demand the respect he thinks he deserves.  He's pleasant enough to people he considers his peers, but ruthless with his enemies and quite determined to carve out a place in the world for himself.  He definitely has a taste for the finer things in life, although his aristocratic habits sometimes match up quite well with his desire to fit in at the school and sometimes really don't.

Background: Once upon a time, a sorceress of Persian extraction caught the passing fancy of Nasib ibn R'ad, a great prince among the ifrit.  She had (and still has) decidedly mixed feelings about the time spent with Nasib's court, but apparently she impressed the royal djinn enough that it amused him to let her live after he grew bored with her.  Their son was born a few months later.

Half-mortals don't fit in well in the courts of the djinn, but Nasib's pride required that he ensure his son was provided for.  Mahmud was able to attend the finest schools, and his mother was more than qualified to oversee the development of his mystical powers -- important, since he desperately needed to make a good impression on his occasional visits to his father's court; ifrit do not like being disappointed one bit.  Fortunately, Nasib was pleased enough to provide a glowing letter of recommendation to Heathen's school.

Mahmud's been training and studying diligently ever since.  His major is Political Science, with minors in Thaumaturgical Engineering and Economics.

Sexuality: Heterosexual

Abilities:
Physical Prowess: As the son of a mighty spiritual being, Mahmud is physically stronger, faster, and tougher than a normal human.  He has talent as a fighter, but his experience in physical combat is limited.
Pyromastery: Ifrit are spirits of fire, after all.  Mahmud is pretty much immune to flame, and can generate and control it besides, although he's still growing into his power.
Mystic Arts: He can't exactly grant wishes like the djinn of legend, but he's quite good at conjuration and has a decent grounding in elemental manipulation and counterspells.  He's begun to study artifice (being decked out in magic items is a very appealing notion for Mahmud), but it's slow going.
Authority: Mahmud was born to rule.  It's not quite mind control unless someone is very weak-willed, but his presence and charisma are decidedly supernatural, and people who should know better still find it way too easy to go along with him.

Angaroo

Name: Blair Parr
Height: 5'9"
Weight: 145

Family: Father - Rustin Parr, a murderer known mostly for his killing of seven children. He later turned himself in and claimed that the Blair Witch was haunting him and was the one who told him to kill in the first place. He was found to be criminally insane by officials and was sentenced to hang.

Mother -  Elly Kedward, aka the Blair Witch, known for haunting and terrorizing anyone that entered the forest that surrounded the small town of Burkittsville. Many believe she passed away in the 1800's but that isn't true. Through her usage of black magic, she has been able to keep the appearance of a young woman for nearly 200 years, which explains why people, especially children, go missing all of the time.

Personality: Surprisingly, Blair's mother taught her proper lady etiquette when she was young. She is very precise when she talks and often folds her hands together when speaking or being spoken too. She rarely ever gets mad, unless she is being constantly provoked, in which case, she'll resort to a duel to settle the argument. She always stands and sits up straight, never slouching, making her seem taller than she actually is. She loves to read and study the black arts just like her mother. Despite all this though, she has no moral compass and does not see anything wrong with what one might consider to be cruel. Because of this, Blair can come across as cold and heartless.

History: Blair, as she was called by her mother, was born because of a deal Elly had made with Rustin Parr, a Blair Witch cultist that was found wondering her forest. Knowing of the cult and their unwavering loyalty to serve her, Elly, instead of simply killing the man, chose instead to make a deal with him.  Eventually, Rustin would accept the deal, which would later be widely known as the Massacre of the Burkittsville Seven.

Finding Elly to be extremely beautiful, Rustin, having completed his part of the deal, wanted to bed her. Taken back at first by the offer, Elly kept her word. The next morning, Parr was gone leaving no trace of himself behind. Well, none that were apparent right away. Later that very same day, Parr was found pleading guilty to crimes he committed and was sentenced to hang. When Elly discovered that she was pregnant, she was furious, killing anyone who dared to set foot in her forest.

Despite her anger, she decided on keeping Blair alive, solely for the purpose of continuing Elly's legacy, should she die. Growing up, Elly taught Blair everything about black magic and the dark arts. Once she was old enough, the two would go together to capture and kill anyone who entered the forest. To say Blair didn't enjoy going around with her mother was a lie even despite the cruelty of it. Regardless, Blair and Elly lived together in 'peace' until her mother thought it would be a good idea for her to a school to further her powers. At the age of 18, she set off to Heathen's School for Despicable Villainy, a name Blair found to be quite humorous, but exactly the thing she was looking for, to further her training.

Abilities:

-Heightened intelligence
-Dark Magic Spells, read from her Grimore (rituals, summoning, etc.)
-Levitation
-Nightvision
-Freezing Stare (if eye contact is made, the subject is 'frozen' still and cannot move. Eye contact must be maintained and the effect is instantly negated if Blair is interupted.)

Weaknesses:

-Blair's Grimoire (can be stolen or knocked out of her hand)
-Physically weak
-Has extreme Ornithophobia (causes her to hyperventilate, feel dizzy, sweat, etc.) and thinks all birds are disgusting.

More Pictures

Here's mine! Let me know if there's anything I need to change.  :-)

someinheritthewealth

BTW Headteacher I was willing to be Co-GM since I love idea so much, even have some twisted school rules.

Loving how popular this is :D, I know Dinah will be head over heels in love with Jack the Ripper, maybe she even looked up to that person, considering her father was such a proflific serial killer.

Rave

I think this game needs a little bit more crazy, so It's only reasonable that you're all in desperate need of a Mad Hatter.

The skeleton will be up shortly~

Edit: It's done~

The Mad Hatter

NAME: Tarrant Hightopp                              ROLE: Professor (Mind Control / Illusions / Riddles)
ALIAS: The Mad Hatter                                        LIKES / DISLIKES: Promescuity, Talent, Mischief, TEA / Order, Goody two-shoes type of people, People who hate Tea.
AGE: ?? (Presumed Immortal)                                                            TALENTS: Illusions, Swordplay, Mind Control, Exquisite Tea Party Planning.
GENDER: Male                                                  CHARACTER TRAITS: Mysterious, Hilarious, Confusing.
EYE COLOR: Orange                                                HEIGHT: 6'3"
HAIR COLOR: Red                                              WEIGHT: 178lbs

ORIGIN: Ah, but who hasn't heard the story of Alice In Wonderland when they were kids. All stories come from Legend, and Legends are simply old stories that minds have seized to believe. Yet the story was as real as the very air the readers breathed, and the Hatter was no less crazy. The more people read the story, the more people fanned over the Hatter, the more his power grew. He discovered his ability to hop between dimensions and experience different realities which only served to further his madness. Yet the experiences also taught him how to have a small degree of control over it, thus allowing him to interact with most people for short periods of time without having strong psychotic urges. He stepped from Disney realms, to comic book realms, yet finally he found a place where he figured he could settle for a while. He learned of a school, whose primary function is to educate and teach Villians. Oh how he loved the idea of breeding little Hatters to help him drive the world mad. That is how he arrived at the Heathen school, and took up a Professor's position to teach all the impresionable children how to go mad. There was something that needed to go, however. The disguise of a short, stumpy old man that only worked in the realm of Alice. Here, he needed something else. He needed to be like someone else. So he donned a new form, a much more...relatable, form. Oh, and he brought a friend. (See picture above)

ABILITIES:
-Illusions (Damaging and non Damaging. Examples: An Illusion that you're burning alive / An Illusion that you're experiencing the best of pleasures)
-Experienced swords-master and brilliant acrobat.
-Unquestionably high IQ, probably aiding in his madness.
-Science and Tinkering (Specifically: Potions).
-Magic Top-Hat: Within it lies a small dimensional portal where he pulls out small things (Mostly Tea).
-Madness: He's completely unpredictable when he slips into his Madness.

WEAKNESS:
-Sanity (By controlling his madness, he weakens himself significantly. A necessary compromise if he wants to 'teach')
-People who won't indulge him.
-A seductive woman (He's a very horny man).
-Brute Strength (If he can't Mind Control you in time, that is).
-Sorcery (Can usually dismiss his illusions).

Malgriff

someinheritthewealth

I as Co-GM feel we should allow people option to go more than one character, how that sound?

Malgriff

Hmm I'd say two characters max, any more would probably be a bit too much to handle, but if it fills in the number of students all the better.

someinheritthewealth