Shapeshifters Unite

Started by ninnyblack, September 10, 2009, 01:05:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ninnyblack

[

Happiness threaten to overwhelm Molly as she realized that tomorrow was her eighteenth birthday. There was so much she need to get done for tomorrow's celebration.She needed to make sure the ballroom was decorated, go over the guest list again, check on her dress, she had to go over the menu again, but what she didn't know was that she was also going to find out that she was part of an unique society.

Oh I can't wait for tomorrow! There's so much I need to do. I guess first thing I have to do is check on the ballroom.

As she makes her way down the hall she spots here mom and dad talking. Hoping it has something to do with her birthday presents she stops and hides behind a statue and listens to them.

No I don't think we should tell her tonight. Let her have tonight and tomorrow afterall it is her day. We can tell her after the party.

Shocked by what she is hearing she wonders what they are talking about and why her mom wants to wait. Listening as her dad starts talking.

But dear we need to tell her now in case she starts tonight. I shifted for the first time the night before my eighteenth birthday. It will be a bad idea to wait until after it happens.

She hasn't shown any signs of shifting yet. We don't want to ruin her big day with news like this.

She watches has her mom pulls her dad into an embrace looking him in the eyes.

I promise My Love. Everything will be alright.

That's the last thing she ever heard her mom say. Her house was attacked by who she doesn't know. All she could remember from that night was the conversation she had over heard between her parents and god how she missed them. They died that night in the attack.  the rest is a mystery to her all she knows from after the attack is the next day when she woke up naked in the woods covered in blood. She didn't know who's blood it was only that it wasn't hers.

A couple of days later She found that she liked living  in the woods off the land. She discovered she was a natural at hunting small game. She also realized that she was a shapeshifter. That must have been what her parents were talking about. She could only shift into a wolf at this time, but that was ok with her.

She decided to set out on her own looking for people like herself.
Ninny's on's and Off's

Back online and enjoying every minute of it!

shadowspale

Tia's body quivered as she crouched, her eyes intent on her prey; the tip of her tail twitched, as she watched the bird. *Just a little closer, come on, just a little closer!* she thought.

In the year since she had been living in the woods, she had learned a lot; most importantly that she wasn't a normal girl; not that she hadn't known that that already. Learning she had the ability to shift into a cat had been more than a little shocking but she quickly came to see how useful it could be.

At sixteen, she should have been living with an adult but her stepfather was a leach and her mother's sister was just mean. Since foster care wasn't something she wanted so she had...disappeared.

At first it had been so bad she had been tempted to return to her aunt's; the woods were scary at night, it was hard to bathe and the hunger pains had been horrible but then she had shifted and entered a whole new world of sights, sounds and scents.

Her first meal as a cat had been gross to say the least feathers did not taste good, they were nearly impossible to get out of your mouth and raw meat took some getting used too but it was something she became accustomed too; just don't expect her to eat the same stuff in girl form.

As she waited for the starlings search for food to bring it closer, she thought about what she would rather be eating. Images of Hambers, fries, shakes and pizza danced through her mind and she salivated. Lost in her daydream, Tia nearly missed the fact that the bird had hopped much closer but when she did, her muscles reacted like a tightly coiled spring suddenly released, launching her forward like a black and white missile. She over shot the startled bird by a good two feet.

Sniffing at the fleeing bird, she sat down and began removing bits of leaves and twigs from her fluffy tail; looking for all the world like she had meant to miss the bird. *That's right, fly away! I didn't want to eat your sorry butt anyway, you dumb bird! Bet you are old and stringy to start with!* she thought, glaring in the direction the starling had flown.

Sniffing again, she got to her feet, now twig free tail waving like a proud plume behind her as she went to investigate an interesting new scent.

ninnyblack

Has Molly walked through the woods she was looking at all the beauty around her. She decice that this would be her new home. She noticed a strange scent and wanted to inestigate it.

She started walking toward the smell, when she noticed a cat  hunting a bird. She watched as the cat jumped over the bird. She was thinking of shifting so she could hunt the cat seeing how she hadn't eaten in a couple days, when she noticed the cat was removing debris from it's tail. Now that's weird I have never seen a cat do that before.

Molly walked toward the cat wanting a closer look. She started talking to the cat.

Hello you strange llittle cat! You wouldn't be a shapeshifter now would you!

Molly sat waiting to see if the cat could respond.
Ninny's on's and Off's

shadowspale

Nearly jumping out of her skin at the voice in her head, Tia spun around, her tail now poofed in fright. Seeing the wolf standing there, her first instinct was to dash up a tree and she was half way up the nearest one before stopping.

She stared hard at the canine as only a cat can. It couldn't be a normal wolf as she doubted it would be talking to her. *H..hello?* she said mentally, not at all sure she had really heard someone speaking.

ninnyblack

Standing across from the cat she realized it had to be a shifter considering it didn't run away from her.
The way the cat stared at her with a look of intelligence she wondered when suddenly she heard  a voice in her head that stuttered slightly.

Hi there I am Molly! What's your name?

She continued to watch the cat waiting for a responce.
Ninny's on's and Off's

shadowspale

Tia back down quickly, her heart thumping with excitement. *Hi, I am Tia. Are you like, really a girl?* She couldn't help herself and went over to twine in and out of the wolf's legs, rising up to bump her head against its chin.

Had she clothing near by, she would have shifted and gotten dressed just so she could throw her arms about its neck but if there was a way to shift without losing her clothing she hadn't discovered it yet.

*I hope so, I am sick of being alone!* she stated with a loud purr.

ninnyblack

Molly watches as the cat starts twineing between her legs. *Hi Tia. And to answer your question yes  I am really a girl.* Enojying the fact that she no longer alone she licked Tia on top of her head. Molly wasn't sure if she could shifted back she didn't know if she would have clothes on when she shifted back.

*Yes I am tired of being alone as well. She stated with a whine
Ninny's on's and Off's

shadowspale

Are you hungry? I know a place we can get some food but I am not strong enough like this to open the door. Tia said, moving a little bit away so she could blink up into Molly's face.

ninnyblack

Yes I am! I haven't eaten in a couple days. Do you know where I can find some clothes as well?

Looking down at Tia. She smiled in a wolfy way.
Ninny's on's and Off's

shadowspale

Although she knew the display of teeth was meant in a friendly way, Tia couldn't quite suppress the shiver that ran through her. Friendly or not; those teeth were big and there were so many of them!

This way! She said as she took of at a trot. The people are away and left their backdoor unlocked. I can't quite get it opened. As for cloths, I have some; don't know if they will fit or not.

She continued weaving through the trees until she came to a backyard. Leaping up onto the porch, she jumped up to hang from the doorknob; the kind you moved down to open. See, I can't do it alone as a cat and I am too scared of getting caught to shift.

ninnyblack

Molly laughed hoping she didn't scare Tia. She followed Tia to the backdoor of a house, watching as Tia jumped and hung from doorknob.  Molly giggled as Tia just hung there.

Why would they leave the door unlocked? Ok I bet I can get it without shifting. I haven't shifted since I realized my clothes were torn to shreds. Ok I will try!

Molly streches up and grabs the door knob with her mouth, the door opens she looks inside as she sniffs the air.

Well there we go. You can enter first, it smell good in there.
Ninny's on's and Off's

shadowspale

They have bratty kids; the little boy unlocked it so his friend can come get something. The door never got relocked.

Tia waltzed inside, fluffy tail waving in the air. She stopped just inside and sniffed. It did smell good, like the roast the family had for dinner the night before they left.

Going up to the fridge, she sat down, blinking up to it. It was one of those side by side things and she knew she wasn't going to be able to open it right away.

This form is good for a lot of things but it sucks at opening doors! she pouted, tail now lashing across the floor in irritation.

ninnyblack

Well that's kids for you. I guess I should check the closets for something to wear.

Molly walked into the house looking around as she did. The house smelled good has she sniffed the air her stomache growl as she hadn't eaten in couple days. Molly walked over to the fridge and opened it for Tia.

Here you go grab you something to eat. I am going to look for clothes I'll be back when I find something.

Molly walked around looking for a bedroom so she could find some clothes. She finally found one and went inside when she got inside she shifted and walked over to the closet searching.

Well they ain't got much to choose from so I can't be to picky. At least I will have some clothes to wear though.
Ninny's on's and Off's

shadowspale

Although her nose told her clearly there where lots of goodies in the fridge, her form not only prevented her from seeing were they were, it stopped her from getting them.

Casting a quick look around, Tia shifted and darted into the next room to remove the table cloth from the table and wrap it around her in a makeshift toga. Back in the kitchen she poked her head into the fridge; her mouth watering at seeing so many good things to eat.

It was stealing she knew but she was hungry and this family seemed to have so much... Gathering everything she thought she and Molly would like, she closed the door. It ws her thoughts to not only fill their bellies now but take some away with them for later.

Finding bread, she set about making sandwiches, her thoughts whirling. A glance at the calendar shocked her, summer was almost at an end. Maybe it was time to stop living day by day and plan ahead.

When Molly returned, she handed her a thick ham sandwich. I think we end to do some planning; summer is almost over and even shifted, I am not sure we can survive the winter if we don't.