D&D 3.5 Forgotten Realms campaign (Funeral Games)

Started by ff, November 20, 2010, 02:39:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ff

If someone has the exact abilities, I can probably suggest ways to replicate most of them. (But there's absolutely no need to to have all the flavor of an archetypical priestess of Sharess.) I actually like the fact that clerics of the various deities aren't super different in their abilities; if they were, people would just play the ones they found mechanically advantageous rather than the god/dess they like the best.

Googling I find one 2nd ed stat block of a SPoS (specialty priest of Sharess) with the following:

"Special Abilities: Cast Suggestion in noncombat situations up to 3 times/day; Receives a +4 bonus to attack rolls and +2 bonus to damage rolls vs snake-like monsters (yuan-ti, hydras, evil nagas, etc); at 3rd level can cast Find Familiar, if successful always attracts a feline familiar of some sort; At 5th level able to Charm Person or Alter Self once/day; At 7th level can speak with felines of all sorts at will; At 7th level cab summon great cat 3 times/tenday to fight for him; At 10th level able to Charm Monster or Intensify Sensation once/day; At 13th level able to cast Memeory Wrack once/day; At 15th level able to undo curse of Girdle Of Masculinity/Femininity by touch."

Charm Person/Monster and Suggestion are on the Charm domain list I believe. There are some celestial cats and lions on the Summon Monster list. For an alter self like ability, Disguise Self is on the Trickery domain list, and-or a hat of disguise is cheap.