Twisted • Naughty •Sexily Wicked Fairy Tale τɄpdateτ

Started by LadyDiscord, August 08, 2010, 02:05:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LadyDiscord

lable: Ex

airytales aren't for Children
Ok before I doll this introductory post up let's get the schematics ⇤ oo..big word ⇥ out of the way.
I have no intention of making this an epic roleplay of epic reasons ⇤ if it goes that way the more the better  ⇥  I'm requesting at least ❹ or ❺ people or more.

The idea is to rewrite the characters in popular fairytales and make it your own. It's like a 'what if' version to the tale. All characters can be from different stories and interact with eachother, it's freeform and thus more fun.

Plot
I'm open to ideas on this since I havn't formulated a plot yet, but below there will be a list of characters given to those who ask for them.

One idea I had in mine was to keep the fairy tales as they usually are without changing the setting or background. It would just have more adult themes and of course wicked side plots and various story arcs with different characters.

Another idea was to have all the characters settled into some large urban city of Fantasy where they would interact with each other as they are.  In any case it should result in a wicked fantasy.

ℸist of Cast ѳf Ͻharacters

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fairy_tales

Post in this Thread and Will be placed on the list once accepted

[size=14pt]Ӎy Puppetmaster is[/size]
[size=12pt][name goes in here][/size]
[size=14pt]Ϊ look like[/size]
[size=12pt][No anime pictures, please do not stretch the page.][/size]
[size=14pt]Ϊ Am[/size]
[size=12pt][Name of character your playing][/size]
[size=14pt]Ί act like[/size]
[size=12pt][How do they act][/size]
[size=14pt]Ί hate and love[/size]
[size=12pt][What do the like and what do they hate][/size]
[size=14pt]ϔou know me[/size]
[size=12pt][They fairytale they are from][/size]
[size=14pt] Ҟnow Țhis..[/size]
[size=12pt][Anything you wish to share about the character, like powers, abilities or goals.][/size]
[size=14pt]  Ӎy Theme  Ӎusic is[/size]
[size=12pt][optional][/size]

Next: Яules..
Join my village and make money.
✔✦✘

Endorphin

This sounds like a really intriguing idea. I think it has a lot of bizarre appeal and is good chance to play some unusual characters with a bit more dark comedic value than normal.

Consider me interested. I’ll catch you via PM.
"The imagination is the spur of delights... all depends upon it, it is the mainspring of everything; now, is it not by means of the imagination one knows joy? Is it not of the imagination that the sharpest pleasures arise?" - Marquis de Sade

Ironwolf85

I was thinking of my own pinocchio kinda character, I had been thinking of one ever since I saw a comic by the furry artist X-pray, the artist abandoned the character and I kinda scooped him out of the gutter...
Prudence, justice, temperance, courage, faith, hope, love...
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.
Civilization: the ability to put that psycho in prision for killing people.

Wolfy

Soo..does this mean I can play the Wolf who wants more than just Red's picnic basket? :P

(An Older Red, of course. :P)

Sabriel

I been keeping an eye on the thread I was planning to ask some questions too, I had a few ideas on twisted fairy tale concepts. My main one was for a Red Ridding Hood Character which id sort of had an idea about before seeing this as a theme of one of my werewolf related seeds, I was curious about what you where terming as counting as a fairy tale however ?

I always loved dark fairy tale things, since that is really how they should be and often where originally I think the "Company of Wolves" is far more true to core theme of Red Riding Hood than any other tales its also wonderfully dark and creepy neat.

LadyDiscord

Endorphin has provided me with some really interesting concepts that I hope he'll run by all those that are interested. Things that I am 100%  on including in this is that it will be Darker (Like Brother's Grimm and American McGee's Alice), everything else I will collaborate with other creative minds (you guys).
✔✦✘

LadyDiscord

Quote from: Wolfy on August 08, 2010, 11:50:11 PM
Soo..does this mean I can play the Wolf who wants more than just Red's picnic basket? :P

(An Older Red, of course. :P)

Lol, if you'd like to yes.
✔✦✘

Kunoichi

I wonder if there's still room for Puss in Boots...

*decided not to make the obvious joke*

LadyDiscord

✔✦✘

LadyDiscord

Quote from: Sabriel on August 09, 2010, 07:01:48 AM
I been keeping an eye on the thread I was planning to ask some questions too, I had a few ideas on twisted fairy tale concepts. My main one was for a Red Ridding Hood Character which id sort of had an idea about before seeing this as a theme of one of my werewolf related seeds, I was curious about what you where terming as counting as a fairy tale however ?

I always loved dark fairy tale things, since that is really how they should be and often where originally I think the "Company of Wolves" is far more true to core theme of Red Riding Hood than any other tales its also wonderfully dark and creepy neat.

I placed a link for a list of Fairtales  in the introductory post. You can choose any and research if you like.
✔✦✘

Endorphin

Quote from: LadyDiscord on August 09, 2010, 11:22:36 AM
Endorphin has provided me with some really interesting concepts that I hope he'll run by all those that are interested. Things that I am 100%  on including in this is that it will be Darker (Like Brother's Grimm and American McGee's Alice), everything else I will collaborate with other creative minds (you guys).

Then I might as well post the ideas from the PM…

I think the Brothers Grimm movie has the right theme for this, which is a bit of a dark comedy that integrates a lot of the characters together. Another really good source of inspiration is Jim Henson’s ‘The Storyteller’, which already provides some great, dark twists on some fairy tales, that’s if anyone can get a hold of it. Also, the Shrek series provides a few ideas, where many of the main characters are thrown into a situation where they need to complete some kind of quest. One more thing that comes to mind is an old computer game called Kings Quest II, which had a lot of fairytale characters. Not sure how it could be used, but it’s out there. Depending on the scope of things, I think it would be really cool to rip some of the memorable characters out of their own fairy tales and dump them into a place where they can run riot.

The first idea that comes to mind, which I would like to play, is a raunchy, perverted Rumplestiltskin who chases the likes of Snow White, Little Red Riding Hood, Cindarella Rapunzel, etc. An older guy with irrepressible energy and vigor, who has an insatiable appetite for fair maidens.

I can also imagine the likes of Tom Thumb, or some little pixie having a troublesome time of getting it on with Tinkerbell. Anyway, I suppose that really depends on who is interested and what ideas they have.
"The imagination is the spur of delights... all depends upon it, it is the mainspring of everything; now, is it not by means of the imagination one knows joy? Is it not of the imagination that the sharpest pleasures arise?" - Marquis de Sade

Ironwolf85

Ӎy Puppetmaster is Ironwolf85

I look like

Ϊ Am Pinnochio/Pintoamalto
Ί act like I've grown up quite a lot, and I act like it. I have gone from puppet, to boy, to man. I'm still optimestic, I used to be gullible but now I know how to trick others as I've been tricked. I'm a pathological liar, and easily tempted into things. But my heart is always in the right place. I'm a bit of a perv ever since I went through puberity.
Ί hate and love I hate being picked on, or mocked it's the one thing that really gets me angry.
ϔou know me from the village story The Adventures of Pinnocho, and my teenage years I went by the name Pintoamalto and fell in love with a woman who turned out to be a princess.
Ҟnow Țhis.. Both the tales are about me, My father carved me from a talking log in the Itilian countryside, and I went on many adventures. Some darker than others I was a local folk hero as a kid. I spent my teenage years working for a farmer before falling in love and starting the story of Pintoamalto ot "the handmade king" turns out my name is diffrent in other Itialian dialects... go figure...
My appearance has changed slightly because "boys that play all day and do not work turn into asses." Since my father passed on, god rest his soul. I've had nothing to do but play with the princess. she's going to get married in a few days to some prince. being made of wood and sterile did not endear me to her father. so I'm on my own again, with my consiance by my side. i wonder what to do now

Ӎy Theme  Ӎusic is [optional]
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.

Sabriel

QuoteI placed a link for a list of Fairtales  in the introductory post. You can choose any and research if you like.

Id already been reading the one's on the website you suggest so that is nice to know, I think I will hang back with my Red concept and such for now however since I am getting the feeling this might not be quite as a dark and twisted as I pictured.

Ironwolf85

I triefd to blend two itilian characters with simmilar persionality since thery were both living beings crafted from wood, and since this is sexual I added that too.
I noticed that the world he comes from could be turned gothic easily, but pinnoicho always has a kind of... innocence around him dispite things like getting used for a sucker by theves, one pretending to be blind, the other pretending to be lame, robbed, and sent to prison for telling the authorities about getting robbed. later he passed by the creatures that robbed him (fox and cat) and they have become Blind and Lame for real. he assumes it's a trick and he ignores their begging. it also keeps with the gothic themes. though the story itself isn't gothic, it could be made so easily

LadyDiscord

Nice Profile.

I've done alot of brainstorming and some research and I think I'm beginning to put a plot together.
Anywho key themes are to focus on fear, love, hate, sex and perhaps religion or power. Right now I really want to ask what could be so terrible, that it could cause the fairytale worlds to merge as one and become void of moral center?
✔✦✘

Kunoichi

Hmm...

The internet. :P

All the fairy tale villains banding together might be another one, but aside from that, nothing else springs to mind.

Sabriel

Have you considered that the places where all really part of the same thing perhaps already, that the little worlds where these fairy tale characters existed where nothing more than prisons themselves.  The characters in them where doomed to live out there story over and over again.

Perhaps the world have come together because the fairy tale characters accomplish some feat which brings them out of there loop, those that break this loop end up creating another world with there world matching up with those of others who have broke free. 

Some entity or entities watch over these characters and worlds and toy and play with them perhaps now they intend to weave a new story with them for a change. Maybe they are responsible for the corruption or twisting of the characters, each incarnation of them in the story having become more and more towards some sinister purpose they perhaps have for the fairy tale characters.

I think this could fit very well with some of the themes of Fairy Tales as many have sort of warnings, lessons or morals associated with them, pretty much what fairy tales are all about. 

LadyDiscord

@Kunoichi lol...

@ Sabrield Kudos! I like that. So we'll have it already establish that it's now like that. We know how the world came into existence now and why the characters are like the way they are. Now I want to work on character relations.
✔✦✘

Kunoichi

Character relations, eh?

Well, I'm thinking that Puss in Boots could probably be fitted in almost entirely without any change, since at its' core it's a story about a master who sits around doing nothing while the cat uses tricks and lies to get him living the good life...  As critics have noted, it's basically a tale with no moral value whatsoever. ;D

Ironwolf85

wonder how to have my guy fit into all of this, reading the stories, his world is eazsily turned gothic, but he always remains innocent.
hmmmm... gotta think of how to preserve that

Kunoichi

Ӎy Puppetmaster is
[Kunoichi]
Ϊ look like
[Have a link]
Ϊ Am
[Puss in Boots]
Ί act like
[A clever trickster, a catty con-artist, full of false sincerity...  A natural-born liar, if you will.]
Ί hate and love
[Consider the things cats love and cats hate.  That, essentially.]
ϔou know me
[From Puss in Boots, by Charles Perrault.]
Ҟnow Țhis..
[Aside from becoming a beautiful female furry, Puss has changed very little from her original portrayal.  The story she's from had little in the way of morals to twist.]
Ӎy Theme  Ӎusic is
[This one should be appropriate...]
"What's New Pussycat?" - "This is Tom Jones" on DVD

Ironwolf85

I found the moral... from the Wiki
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Puss_in_Boots

The tale is followed immediately by two morals: "one stresses the importance of possessing industrie and savoir faire while the other extols the virtues of dress, countenance, and youth to win the heart of a princess."
gawddamn THAT is a different moral to the story *laughing* still eh *shrugs* it was a french fairytale and I suppose it represents their morals as opposed to the other morals in German, Italian, and English tales.

Ironwolf85

Oh my god....

we all know we would if we could so why wouldn't he ahahaha

Kunoichi

No, even in France at the time it was pointed out that the morals basically aren't born out in the story itself.  Industrie and savoir faire?  The guy sits around and does nothing while the cat solves all his problems for him.  Dress, countenance and youth?  Again, all thanks to the cat...

If anything, the moral of the story would be something like 'be kind to cats'. >>;

Ironwolf85

hmmm.. then your story does indeed lack a moral...
good for you