Lite vs. Non-Con Classification Questions

Started by Cracked Pepper, February 16, 2018, 10:31:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cracked Pepper

Have some stories I'm thinking about posting but am unsure about where they should go, and am somewhat uncertain in general. I have very little experience in non-con, sub/dom, bondage (or at least... I think I do xp) so ...yeah. Here are my main questions:

1.How much content is enough to justify classification, apart from fully fledged scenes. Mere acknowledgement of 'practices', the consideration of them in characters thoughts (and to what level), brief but emotive descriptions in thought, dialogue, memory, background...? Example: There's one line in a story in which one of my character's considers tying. There isn't any actual tying in the story, and don't think its going to come up again, so...? Should I label it as [BON] then give it a disclaimer for people looking for something bondage based?

2. How far does non-con actually extend? Verbal verification of consent being absent, neutral initial response, "they'll probably regret this later", or characters being uninformed in some way...how heavy can physical seduction be prior to consent? Again example, one of my characters is a dryad who makes continual reference to... seducing people? Indication is that they are overcome at least as soon a she begins performing acts on them, and never resist after properly falling under the influence of shear fay sexiness. So she's kinda non-conning them by getting them into a situation where she's able to do that...?

:/  I know I could label as 'uncertain', but I also plan on rp-ing murky scenes. Thanks for your time, anyway, and stay away from forest dwellers.

Oniya

The classifications do have grey areas between them - usually people hash out which board to post in with their partner, given the broad categories.  If you realize that a story is 'getting heavier' than you expected, you can message any of the Staff folks (purple or white badges) and we can move it really easily.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17