News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Top 21 Worst Cartoon Characters Of All Time

Started by Cherry Bloodrayne, July 05, 2010, 07:22:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cherry Bloodrayne

QuoteNothing beat Saturday morning cartoons when you were growing up.

That feeling of waking up stupidly early so you could sit cross-legged and transfixed on the TV for hours on end is hard to beat.

Sure, as adults, we have sex, sleep-ins and cars to entertain us during the weekends – but are they really as good? OK, yes, they are, so we won’t labour the point.

Anyway, cartoons are great. But, let’s face it, some of the cartoons and cartoon characters they used to inflict on us were just terrible. They were tantamount to child abuse, seriously. You know which ones we mean – and we can only assume the people who created them had miserable childhoods.

http://www.hecklerspray.com/top-21-worst-cartoon-characters-of-all-time/200921846.php

I really thought this list was interesting and agreed with quite a few of the characters on it.

Marguerite

Hmm, I enjoyed Tweety Bird but it could be I always tried to figure out whether he was a male, female or something lovely in between. About two thirds of those cartoons I have no idea of ever seeing on tv.
*R.R*A.A*O.O*Wiki*Bordello*Whip and Apple*
You Keep On Crying, Baby, I'll Bleed You Dry
Mar Is Currently: Taking On Threads
Check My Absence Thread For Updates, Thank You

Paladin

Hunter

Oniya

I think 98% of Scooby fans agree with #1 - to the extent that the live action Scooby Doo movie finally gave in to what everyone had been thinking all these years.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Will

Yeah, Scrappy Doo is a pustule of suck.  But Lisa Simpson is #2?  That's surprising.
If you can heal the symptoms, but not affect the cause
It's like trying to heal a gunshot wound with gauze

One day, I will find the right words, and they will be simple.
- Jack Kerouac

Callie Del Noire

Someone hates loony toons something harsh.

Will

I really think this list was just meant to breed comments/arguments/traffic for the website.
If you can heal the symptoms, but not affect the cause
It's like trying to heal a gunshot wound with gauze

One day, I will find the right words, and they will be simple.
- Jack Kerouac

Nyarly

That's it? A list of cartoon characters seemingly chosen randomly (except maybe Scrappy) with short "explanations" which say nearly nothing? God, this list is So Bad It's Horrible.

Wolfy

My list?

#1 Scrappy Doo.

Puppy power my ass. o3o

#2 FlimFlam.

...Yeah. They take away Fred and Velma and instead we get...a wisecracking. street-wise Indian boy. Yay!

...The end!

*loves his looney tunes. o3o*

Nyarly

I tell you, it's fucking crime, that Roadrunner is on the list. Without him, Coyote wouldn't have anything to hunt and wouldn't get so many funny accidents.

But maybe I'm just to sadistic...

Oniya

There were a couple of episodes where Wile E. matched wits with Bugs.

'Allow me to introduce myself, my name is Mud'
'Just remembah, Mud spelled backwoids is Dum.'
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

Nyarly

But none of them are as good as the Roadrunner ones.

Callie Del Noire

Sorry the warner toons have their moments (particularly the classics), Scrappy was NEVER any good and had NO good points.

Nyarly

Fun thing is, I can barely remember Scrappy.

Lucky me.

Brandon

Never saw scrappy doo so I cant comment on how good/bad it was. Scobby doo was annoying enough for me and any recreation or addition to that show, setting, or whatever you want to call it is a definate one to avoid IMO.

What I find interesting is the hate of Looney toons. I think the hate is because the cartoons were mostly made for generations that are dying out. For the time the cultural relavence and "stereotypes" that the cartoons portray are spot on but now our culture has and is changing even more to the point where the characters just dont fit in the culture. It would be like us speeding ahead to 2110 and expecting people to like Dragonball Z, Thundercats, or Courage the Cowardly dog as much as we did. Or how the Bond girls in the James bond movies were once central characters that portrayed the ideal of feminism in the 1950s-1970 but today theyre seen as little more then women cast in B rated action movies.
Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play

Hunter

Quote from: Nyarly on July 07, 2010, 12:59:35 PM
I tell you, it's fucking crime, that Roadrunner is on the list. Without him, Coyote wouldn't have anything to hunt and wouldn't get so many funny accidents.

But maybe I'm just to sadistic...

But what does the roadrunner actually do?  Just run around.

They could have used Speed Buggy and it would have been just as funny.

Sabby

Well, my mum is certainly rolling in her grave. She loved Tweety so much she had her tattooed on her breast.

But Lisa as #2? Hell yes!

Nyarly

Lisa was always my favorite Simpsons character...

Sabby

Nyarly

...There are people, who actually like the newer seasons?

Sabby

Inkidu

Quote from: Brandon on July 07, 2010, 07:05:43 PM
Never saw scrappy doo so I cant comment on how good/bad it was. Scobby doo was annoying enough for me and any recreation or addition to that show, setting, or whatever you want to call it is a definate one to avoid IMO.

What I find interesting is the hate of Looney toons. I think the hate is because the cartoons were mostly made for generations that are dying out. For the time the cultural relavence and "stereotypes" that the cartoons portray are spot on but now our culture has and is changing even more to the point where the characters just dont fit in the culture. It would be like us speeding ahead to 2110 and expecting people to like Dragonball Z, Thundercats, or Courage the Cowardly dog as much as we did. Or how the Bond girls in the James bond movies were once central characters that portrayed the ideal of feminism in the 1950s-1970 but today theyre seen as little more then women cast in B rated action movies.
But yet people flock to the Louvre for thirty-second looks at an incomplete painting, or to Italy to look at a crooked tower and one big painted ceiling. Time is the only thing that will tell what gets preserved and for what reasons (I'm not comparing Loony Toons to classics. I'm just saying history is weird) Sorry to wax philosophical. 
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Wolfy

There's actually a new scooby doo season coming on this saturday on cartoon network...Apparently their going back to the old Formula and cast. Only time will tell whether it's actually good or not. *shrugs*

Oniya

The 13 Ghosts series (with Vincent Price!) has come out on DVD.  I'm getting it for my roommate, who is a rabid fan.