News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Mark PMs as Unread?

Started by Star Safyre, January 26, 2011, 08:03:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Star Safyre

Could we be able to mark PMs unread like we currently can mark threads?

I can't think of how many times I've scanned a PM, said to myself, "Oh, I'll reply later," and then it it's forgotten for days.   :'(  I wish I could treat them like I do thread replies and mark them as unread so I know I need to reply.  Is there any way we could make that happen?
My heaven is to be with him always.
|/| O/O's / Plots / tumblr / A/A's |/|
And I am a writer, writer of fictions
I am the heart that you call home
And I've written pages upon pages
Trying to rid you from my bones

Beguile's Mistress

Why don't you create a label, name it Pending or something like that and move your PMs that need a response into that label?  Labels function the same as folders in other PM systems.

Star Safyre

*eyebrows lift*

Labels, you say?  I will need to investigate this when it is not my bedtime.  I'll will poke and prod and get back to you on how that works out.

Thanks!   ;D

HockeyGod

Tis a great idea - labels rock!!! There's got to be a tutorial around. I'll PM you instructions. Otherwise, if you try on your own, it's really really really easy!

Star Safyre

Fantastic!  I guess it's better to file the old stuff than make the new stuff look newer.   ::)

Thanks for the help, all!

Beguile's Mistress

You're welcome.  I'm glad it's working for you. :-)

Oreo

I do the opposite of that and make sure all my read mail gets put into the labeled folders and leave the things I need to respond to in my inbox. If it isn't in my face I forget about it :P

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

Silverfyre

Quote from: Oreo on January 27, 2011, 04:08:11 PM
I do the opposite of that and make sure all my read mail gets put into the labeled folders and leave the things I need to respond to in my inbox. If it isn't in my face I forget about it :P

Yeah, that's essentially the same system I've worked out.  I need the big red text blazing in my face to remind me.

jouzinka

Personally I delete the messages that I respond to. So, I know that when I have something at the top of the screen saying I have some, they are those I need to see to. ;)
Story status: Not Available
Life Status: Just keep swimming...
Working on: N/A