Rascal Speakeasy (Interest check, Roaring 20's era)

Started by Mayakterra, March 13, 2011, 01:46:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayakterra

I do! I'll PM you a link to the Character page and we can discuss some ideas :)

RubySlippers

I'm working on a movie star and notorious but rumors only lesbian whose father imports "alcohol for scientific purposes" from South America and can be purified to drink. With ties to the Mafia.

She will seduce anything pretty in a skirt herself and has money from her work investing in boring companies like utilities and ones that provide food. 20 cents of every dollar like her father said to do.  ;D

She recently returned from France.

I figure a customer is important to and she will add color.

wander

I'm still open for character background links... I've been struggling to think of how my PI received a membership pin to gain access to Rascals, though I'm assuming another PC passed it to him to investigate something there for him. From there I can figure out a cover for him and set him up with some NPCs. So if anyone has interest in that, having a PI hired by them to do something and they know what that something could be, then please do send a PM my way and lets discuss! :)

Madriv

So I just found this thread (after nosing around the world building thread) and I'm here to express interest! In playing "Silver Dollar Sam" Carolla, in particular, big shot alcohol importer and Sicilian mobster from NOLA. When there's a set character sheet I'll go to work on it.

Mayakterra

Quote from: Madmartigan on April 09, 2015, 09:33:17 AM
So I just found this thread (after nosing around the world building thread) and I'm here to express interest! In playing "Silver Dollar Sam" Carolla, in particular, big shot alcohol importer and Sicilian mobster from NOLA. When there's a set character sheet I'll go to work on it.

There's a character sheet template on the first post of the world building thread!

Juggtacular

What would you think of an Enforcer of sorts who has made himself known as being "that guy you don't want to fuck with". 6'6(huge especially for the time), packed with muscles and scary as a mack truck. On top of that he's got business sense. And he'd of course be at Rascal's as a bouncer or maybe head of security? And due to his let's call it a "checkered past", Rascal's is one of the few places he can find legitimate work. And I know you said sky is the limit with terms to race as long as it makes sense so since he basically got to where he was by being big, strong, ruthless, and having a mind for business that his looks.

So if that character archetype is acceptable, could he be black?

Mayakterra

Quote from: Juggtacular on April 09, 2015, 10:20:19 AM
What would you think of an Enforcer of sorts who has made himself known as being "that guy you don't want to fuck with". 6'6(huge especially for the time), packed with muscles and scary as a mack truck. On top of that he's got business sense. And he'd of course be at Rascal's as a bouncer or maybe head of security? And due to his let's call it a "checkered past", Rascal's is one of the few places he can find legitimate work. And I know you said sky is the limit with terms to race as long as it makes sense so since he basically got to where he was by being big, strong, ruthless, and having a mind for business that his looks.

So if that character archetype is acceptable, could he be black?

Absolutely! That would work.

I think my character is going to be the primary head of security, but the Speakeasy could use some intimidating muscle.  A few of the traits of Rascal's can actually help further this along.

1- Rascal's is an unsegregated establishment. The forefathers of Wayton worked with the underground railroad and have always had a vice against the government when it came to freedom inhibiting laws. (Slavery, anti-prostitution, prohibition etc). The only way to be let into the speakeasy from the 'Ton is by presenting a Golden token with the six pedaled lotus flower on it, on the back of all these tokens is written "Enter without Prejudice"

2- Rascals boasts a huge cave for its main room, but a back section has been sealed off by a heavy cast iron vault door and is simply known as "The Vault" only the most elite of individuals, personally known by Wayton, are ever granted access to this exclusive room. This would probably be the primary guard place of a large, muscled black man. From his position at the Vault he can see everything going on within the cave as well as assure only those who are allowed in the vault can access it.

3- With the lack of segregation many of the patrons come to Rascal's to seek out more exotic encounters with dark skinned women. Rascal's likely employs several of these and they probably are all under the watch and security of this behemoth guard.

How does that sound?

Juggtacular

Quote from: Mayakterra on April 09, 2015, 11:24:42 AM

Absolutely! That would work.

I think my character is going to be the primary head of security, but the Speakeasy could use some intimidating muscle.  A few of the traits of Rascal's can actually help further this along.

1- Rascal's is an unsegregated establishment. The forefathers of Wayton worked with the underground railroad and have always had a vice against the government when it came to freedom inhibiting laws. (Slavery, anti-prostitution, prohibition etc). The only way to be let into the speakeasy from the 'Ton is by presenting a Golden token with the six pedaled lotus flower on it, on the back of all these tokens is written "Enter without Prejudice"

2- Rascals boasts a huge cave for its main room, but a back section has been sealed off by a heavy cast iron vault door and is simply known as "The Vault" only the most elite of individuals, personally known by Wayton, are ever granted access to this exclusive room. This would probably be the primary guard place of a large, muscled black man. From his position at the Vault he can see everything going on within the cave as well as assure only those who are allowed in the vault can access it.

3- With the lack of segregation many of the patrons come to Rascal's to seek out more exotic encounters with dark skinned women. Rascal's likely employs several of these and they probably are all under the watch and security of this behemoth guard.

How does that sound?

Absolutely brilliant. Could my guy be a close friend of Wayton's? Maybe they crossed paths and Wayton saw him in action and offered him a job? And while not head of security, he helps out as more than just the muscle from time to time since he's not just a tank on legs.

wander

I am going to back out of this game, it seems there is no real reason for my character idea to be at Rascals and there's been no interest in joining backstories. I wish you all luck with this game. :)