Parkview Zombie Extravaganza (Interest Check)

Started by TheHangedOne, June 09, 2015, 02:47:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheHangedOne

The Story...

About one month ago, an illness began to sweep through the United States, and parts of Europe. News reporters called it the Summer Flu in Europe, while in the U.S., it was referred to as a cross between the dreaded swine flu and avian flu (despite having practically nothing in common with those things). Symptoms were flu like, but nothing too bad. A lot of people were out of work for about a week, then got better, and life went on.

Except... the dead stopped staying dead. Before the major lines of communication went down, nobody knew what exactly was causing it, but one thing was definitely certain: the dead were coming back. Initially, it was blamed on "bath salts", the latest street drug, but as "riots" increased, curfews began to be enforced. Curfews could not curtail the violence, however, and despite a ball gag order from the federal government, news agencies began reporting about the rampant cannibalism.

It only took two weeks for things to spiral out of control. The federal government declared a state of emergency, and put martial law into full effect. Unfortunately, this riled up quite a few of the "gun nut" groups throughout the states, and soon, there was a four way fight going on between these radical groups, the desperate survivors, the government, and the dead.

Now, though, it's been a month. A lot of the telecommunications and power grid are down. Cells are pretty much worthless, though satellite phones seem to be working alright. The initial riots and clashes have settled down, due in no small part to the rapid increase of the number of zombies.

After a month, the little town of Parkview--once home to around 3,000 people--has become still and quiet. Zombies roam the roads, still, and doubtlessly lay in wait in the various buildings. Survivors are few, and no one knows just how much of the supplies this small town once had remain. Still, a small place like this... far away from the major cities, offers some relative amount of safety.

It is here, in this place of quiet and danger, that many survivors would soon cross paths. It is here, that they will find a way to live, or die in the process.

The Town of Parkview

A bit about our humble little town

• Small town in upstate New York, once a close-knit community before the outbreak.  With the arrival of the infection, people began to leave town.  Some stayed, boarded up their houses, etc.
  • Rural, with a main road going right through the town (Main Street)
  •   Large natural reservoir park to the east of town, surrounded by forests with a Ranger Station about a mile or so away.
  • Medical center in the south-west of town.
  •   Neighborhoods and pockets of housing developments located in the north-west.
  •   Brewery located to the west of town.
  •   Parkview Hotel in the north-east of town, close to the reservoir.
  •   Large amounts of farmland/orchards (and possibly livestock) in the south-east of town.
  •   Grid system of streets.
  •   Sheriff’s Station has a very small stockpile of weapons and gear.
  •   Main highway starts at the southern end of Main Street after a few miles.
  • Other features of the town include:  Gas and Auto Repair station, Movie Theater, small hardware store, small electronics store, small radio station, used car lot, general store, clothing boutiques and stores, a brand new Dick's Sporting Goods, bank, etc.

About the Zombies:

• Slow moving
  • Dangerous in a large group
  • Can be killed by massive trauma to the back of the brain
  • Rely more on smell and hearing than sight
  • Always on the move searching for food

About Danger and Loot

Me and Bella would like to keep this game a challenge, as well as towards the realistic side of things. In order to help this, I have created a simple die roll system. When you go traveling or scavenging for goods, I will roll the dice, and decide what difficulties you face, and what rewards you find. This allows us to avoid players godmoding, and also keeps me and Bella from being able to show favoritism.

Character Sheet

[b]Name:[/b] first and last
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Orientation:[/b]

[b]Noteworthy Skills:[/b] Such as food preparation, medical training, combat training, stealth specialty, etc.

[b]Personality:[/b] A few brief words about their state of mind.

[b]What is the worst thing you have done during this crisis, and what have you gained from it?:[/b]

[b]What is the kindest thing you have done during this crisis, and what did it cost you?:[/b]

[b]History:[/b] A paragraph or two giving a brief summary of their life. School, occupation, etc.

[b]Inventory:[/b] What is your character carrying with them? Try and keep it realistic. Include any weapons they have, and make sure to keep track of your inventory as the game goes on; we will.
[spoiler=Picture][img]url goes here[/img][/spoiler]

Links to the other threads:
Interest Check
Character Sheets
OOC chat
IC thread
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

BellaVita

waves

I'm co-GMing this with HangedMan, so if you have any questions feel free to send me a PM :)

El Maligno

Name: Steven Holt
Orientation: Straight

Noteworthy Skills: Skilled hunter and tracker, Knowledgeable about living off the land, Handyman, Brawler (Fights throughout teenhood and drunken fights since 21), Basic medical knowledge, and can cook to keep himself alive at least.

Personality: Steven has no idea what is going on and rather than trying to come to terms with the dead coming to life he is solely focused on surviving and helping others getting through alive. He has it in his head that he should be doing his best to save and protect what is left of his town. 

What is the worst thing you have done during this crisis, and what have you gained from it?:  Turned his back on a person who was bitten and looking for help. Rather than helping the person out he left as the dead were drawn to their cries for help. They did not see him and there was no way for him to cure them but still it haunts him that he chose not to help when he could have. It bought him time to get away unnoticed and to grab a few supplies without fear of being disturbed. It made him vow to save as many people as he could to atone for his sin.

What is the kindest thing you have done during this crisis, and what did it cost you?: Shared supplies with another survivor leaving town as well as helping a few people he has met along the way. The leaving survivor got valuable supplies. Time and effort for the other people and a few bullets.

History: Steven was born and raised here in the small town of Parkview by his mother and father Judith and Samuel Holt. His father and mother made sure that he would never have to rely on a woman to get through life like some men did. That meant as soon as he was able to he learned how to cook, clean and maintain a household. He was taught that there were three types of people in this world Predators (who preyed on others), the general population people (who were preyed upon), and protectors (People who stood between predators and the gen. pop.) He was told that this house held no general population in it's walls though there is nothing wrong with them, but that his father would personally beat it out of him if he were to even think about being a predator. So he was rasied to always look out for family and friends and to try and do what was right. It made him some loyal friends but many enemies too during his academic career. He would go on through his years being taught by his father about living off the land, farming, hunting and a few skills to make him a jack of all trades(handyman). His mother taught him to respect women, to keep his house in order and to manage his finances. When he set off to a nearby college for a degree in agriculture he was ready to live on his own. The years flew by and his parents managed their farm really well without him until his father grew ill and passed on. His mother died a few months later as she no longer had her second half. It was beautiful to some but painful for Steven. The house and land was sold to pay for funeral arrangements for his father and to settle some debts, later it paid for his mother's funeral and some money to save for Steven. Without his parents, house and land that he would have inherited Steven became a handyman, farm hand/jack of all trades and hunter all in one. Pretty much any job he could find and there was work aplenty because of his hard working nature and the fact that many of the people knew how his father and mother raised him to be a good worker and a trustworthy person though he might be a bit stubborn sometimes. Though life was a bit hard and stressful at times it was much better dealing with it with a couple of shots than having the dead roam the earth.

Inventory: What is your character carrying with them? Try and keep it realistic. Include any weapons they have, and make sure to keep track of your inventory as the game goes on; we will.

12 bullets, a few cans of food wrapped in socks (8), no batteries

Picture

Hope this is ok!

BellaVita

El Maligno- Approved! Welcome to the land of the living dead ;)

El Maligno

Thank you very Much I can't wait to create a story with you all.

BellaVita

Quote from: El Maligno on June 09, 2015, 07:27:55 PM
Thank you very Much I can't wait to create a story with you all.

I'm excited as well! And happy to have you aboard :D

TheHangedOne

Looks good, El Maligno. Congrats to our first hapless victim survivor.  ;D

Time for my own character:

Name: Edgar Crowley

Noteworthy Skills: Good with nutrition, highly skilled with food work (including smoking and other forms of preserving), physical resilience.

Personality: He doesn't bother asking things like "why?", because he's focused on surviving. Wary of others, but willing to trust them to a certain extent. Frightened, but good at hiding it with humor and jokes.

What is the worst thing you have done during this crisis, and what have you gained from it?: I got stopped by a looter who was more interested in taking my hard earned things than in struggling to survive on his own. I drew out the conversation, and the zombies, and when the opportunity presented itself, I surrendered my things... slowly backed away. He turned around, and when he did, I charged forward, and shoved him to the ground. I grabbed my pack, and beat feet. I got my things, removed one threat from the environment... but I can still hear his screams in my nightmares.

What is the kindest thing you have done during this crisis, and what did it cost you?: For a while, I was routinely providing meals to travelers that found the Sunshine Diner, and giving them copies of a map of the surrounding area to help them figure out where they wanted to go, and what they wanted to do. This, of course, cut into my food supplies, which I now have to be more stringent with.

History: Edgar always used to joke that he was born in Parkview, would live there, and die there. This joke is still funny to him, but only in the darkest of ways. His grandfather was the first proprietor of the Sunshine Diner,  close to the town and yet just right off the highway. It eventually passed onto the hands of Edgar's father, Edward. One day, it was to pass into Edgar's hands.

Edgar has been cooking in the kitchens since he was a teen, and learning from his father not only the fine art of making delicious food, but in running a business as well; this is all school of hard knocks style learning, no higher education beyond high school. He also learned quite a bit from his mother, a nutritionist that worked at the medical center in town, about proper nutrition. With that knowledge, Edgar used to not only have many plans to make the food served at the diner healthier, but also keep it tasting great.

Now, though, he just tries to get by. Day by day, bit by bit.

Inventory: When leaving the diner, he usually carries a .22 revolver with him (six shots, no spare bullets), a seven inch long fixed combat knife (half smooth blade, half toothed), aluminum baseball bat, leather riding chaps over denim jeans, motorcycle boots, a padded leather jacket, an old backpack, lighter (half full), and a small LED flashlight.  He also keeps quite a few changes of clothes (12 shirts, 2 pants, a dozen pairs of underwear and socks) in the diner, as well as a lighter hoodie, and a full body pea-coat for colder weather.
Picture

Pictures of the diner

Diner Inventory

45x 12 ounce POland Springs water bottles
12x 4 liter jugs filled with tap water (treated)
20x 4 ounce can of peas
10x 4 ounce can of carrots
12x 4 ounce can of sauerkraut
6x 5 ounce can of chunk light tuna (StarKist)
2x 5 ounce (pack of 12) Hormel sliced dried beef
4x 15 ounce can of whole kernel sweet corn
1x 15 ounce can of asparagus spears
2x 6 ounce tomato paste
1x 16 ounce can of dill pickle chips
5x 4 ounce packages of home-made beef jerky
2x 4 ounce packages of home-made smoked pork (with garlic)
12x 3.5 ounce bags of Perky Jerky (turkey flavor)
3x 15 ounce can of kidney beans
2x 30 ounce containers of chicken bouillon
2x 30 ounce containers of beef bouillon
--- various dried herbs and spices
3x 13.7 ounce boxes of Ritz Crackers
2x 16 ounce jars of organic peanut butter
1x 12 ounce jar of strawberry preserves
1x 50 pound bag of russet potatoes (some are rotten, others are heavily sprouted)
2x 40 pound bags of whole wheat flour
1x 700 ml bottle of Jack Daniel's Tennessee Honey liqueur
2x 700 ml bottles of Jack Daniel's whiskey
40x 12 ounce bottles of beer (mixture of brands and types, nothing out of the ordinary)
1x 112 (not a typo!) ounce can of chocolate pudding
20x 0.6x packet of dry baker's yeast
--- variety of cleaning supplies
2x LED lanterns
6x D batteries
24x AA batteries
12x AAA batteries

Restaurant FAK
    (1) A-340: Alcohol cleansing pads, 10/bx
    (1) B-304: Antiseptic cleansing wipes (sting free), 18/bx
    (1) A-338: Povidone-iodine infection control wipes, 10/bx
    (1) A-403: Triple antibiotic ointment packs, 10/bx
    (3) A-100: 3/4"x3" Adhesive plastic bandages, 25/bx
    (1) A-102: 5 Knuckle, 5 large fingertip fabric bandages
    (1) A-103: 2"x4" Elbow & knee plastic bandages, 5/bx
    (1) B-518: Triangular sling/bandage, 1/bx
    (1) B-204: 2"x4.1 yd. Conforming gauze roll bandages, 2/bx
    (1) M563-E: 4"x5" Instant cold compress, 1/bx
    (1) AN5112: Exam quality gloves, 1 pr/bx
    (1) B-717: 2 Sterile eye pads, 1 oz. eye wash, 1/2"x5 yd. first aid tape roll, 1/bx
    (1) I256-E: 3"x4" Non-stick pads, 10/bx
    (1) A-202: 2"x2" Gauze dressing pads, (3) 2-pks
    (1) B-207: 4"x4" Gauze dressing pads, 4/bx
    (1) A-400: Aspirin tablets, (10) 2-pks
    (1) A-501: 1/2"x10 yd. First aid tape roll, 2/bx
    (1) A-5113: Rescue Breather™ CPR one-way valve faceshield, 1/bx
    (1) M-496: Water-Jel® burn relief, 4 oz. plastic bottle
    (1) AN-404: Burn relief packs, 6/bx
    (1) M-582: 4-1/2" Scissors, nickel plated
    (1) M-584: 4" Tweezers, plastic
    (1) BK-009-40: 40 pg. First Aid Guide booklet

Kit Dimensions: 10-1/2"x10-1/2"x2-1/2"

Lots of library books (science fiction, fantasy, and some guide books on things like forest survival, basic first aid, etc)

More about the diner

The outside of the diner has a nice little wall of shrubbery pressed up against the walls, and a flower garden (now not doing so well) in front of the shrubs. The shrubs help keep bodies away from the windows on the outside, but are obviously not insurmountable. The windows themselves have all had thick blinding curtains drawn down over them (and they are weighted down to keep them from springing up by accident), making it impossible to see much of anything on the inside. Small holes have been cut into the blinds along the top, allowing for a modest amount of sunlight to get inside (though the inside is still somewhat gloomy, even on bright days).

The front door, which is shatter-proof glass, has been spray-painted black all over, and is kept locked. One can not see in, or out, thanks to the spray-painting (though sunny days usually have a soft sort of glow around the door). The back of the restaurant has a metal door (no windows) in the kitchen; partly as a fire escape, but it mostly saw use as the place where trucks would unload shipments of food. The door is kept locked from the inside, with a fairly thick sliding bolt providing additional security.

There is a men's room and a women's room. Both are just a single toilet and sink affair, and recently, the toilets have stopped working.  Now, there are buckets, and the waste has to be poured out the trash chute in the kitchen (Edgar always handles this duty, because he's anal retentive about keeping the kitchen as clean as possible, and keeping things in general quite clean).

The sign outside the diner, which used to host specials, now has a single, unchanging message. ALIVE. BACK DOOR. KNOCK, TAP-TAP-TAP, KNOCK. WAIT.

There are piles of corpses here and there, and a wheelbarrow in the back. Some of the older piles have been burnt, but there are some fresh piles that are just left rotting. Lots of blood and remnant gore, shows that there is a concerted effort to keep the local zombie population in check.
Check out my poet tree!

BellaVita

HangedMan - You're approved! (I kid! xD )

I'll be going to bed soon, but I'll have mine up tomorrow :D

TheHangedOne

Quote from: BellaVita on June 09, 2015, 10:40:43 PM
HangedMan - You're approved! (I kid! xD )

I'll be going to bed soon, but I'll have mine up tomorrow :D

Hehe. No rush. Good night, my dear.  ;)
Check out my poet tree!

Benen

Name: Samuel Loganson

Noteworthy Skills: Trained in the art of Sword combat, and Stealth recon

Personality: Calm and Level Headed. but likes to be funny when the mood is right.

What is the worst thing you have done during this crisis, and what have you gained from it?: Having to kill my wife of almost 10 years.  a cold sense of what is to come, and to exact the necessary actions to ensure the survival of myself and others with me.

What is the kindest thing you have done during this crisis, and what did it cost you?: Saved a Fleeing school Bus filled with children and the sick from a band of thugs, wanting the resources on it for themselves. I lost the hearing on my left side, a scar from my forehead to my chin and a improperly set bone in my left hand from being stomped on by a man of the name Big Willie.

History: Born to a Scotsman and a Danish woman He was raised by his father after she gave her life for his own. Abused and beaten until the Age of 12 when Samuel decided to run for his life, his father a Drunken and Oafish man. The first place he came to rest was a small dojo, on the lower east side of Brooklyn, the old man inside kind and masterful at his craft. for 6 years Master Hirama Trained Samuel in the art of Sword play and martial arts, both Asian and European, and on his 18th Birthday given to the son he never had, but the boy he could not refuse, a Sword hand forged in the greatest forge of his home land, in the style of a Norwegian Broad Sword, and smiled as his "son" said he was looking to join the Navy Seals, after he graduated from high school.

He left the Dojo, never to speak to his master again, as the life of a Navy man consumed and he earned degrees in both Mathematics, and Astronomy. He served proudly for 8 years before he met the woman who would be his wife, Laurie. She smiled at him fondly at a bar after he had returned from a tour in Iraq, his 5th deployment in 8 years of service so far. and the month after he was Honored with a Commission by the Naval board to the rank Lt. Commander, he Married her and served out his commission in Hawaii. His wife took a turn for the worse, and he decided to retire, being granted, for nearly 15 years of service, full pension and rights as a retiree. Laurie and he retired to her town of Parkview, and Samuel watched over her, until the Summer Flu began to sink in. It was the morning it was announced a full outbreak of a contagion and people were seen like zombies that she attacked, him, and he was forced to kill the woman he had loved for 10 years. the blade of his sword ringing as it left the sheath and was placed on her body as he mourned her death, but not shortly after did he gather his things and begin to seek out others that would survive.

Inventory: Backpack (Military romper style) Cantine, water back pouch, 100 water purifier tablets, Full stock Field Medical Kit including 3 doses of Morphine, 2 changes of clothes, 10 days rations for 3 people, 5 1/4" K bar, 7" hand forged 350 fold Damascus Dagger with Elk Horn Grip. 32" Pattern-weld forged Viking Broadsword [handed and a half for comfort], 250 rounds NATO Grade 9mm pistol and Revolver rounds, loaded Black Steel Freedom Arms model 97 [custom fitted for NATO rounds].

BellaVita

BenenAzer- Approved! Welcome to the zombie party! Try the grey stuff it's delicious ;)

So many hunks! I hope we'll have some girls soon!

BellaVita

Name: Violet Dobson

Noteworthy Skills: Extensive medical training, some animal care knowledge, has a green thumb

Personality: Trying to stay calm in the midst of chaos. Normally she is a pretty easy-going, friendly person.

What is the worst thing you have done during this crisis, and what have you gained from it?: The worst thing Violet had to do was lock the door to the Medical Center when the outbreak hit. It was just her, a small staff and some patients when a group of men, women and children starting banging on their doors to let them in. Violet had to watch as the group got torn apart by a larger herd of zombies just to save herself and the people with her. Doing this saved herself and the people with her, but the faces of those she turned away will forever haunt her dreams.

What is the kindest thing you have done during this crisis, and what did it cost you?: One time Violet came upon a mother who had an injured child. Apparently the kid had stepped into a trap that a hunter had set for some wildlife, but probably forgot about in the chaos. The kid's leg was badly wounded, but luckily the bone was still intact. Violet used a good amount of her medical supplies to help the kid, but she doesn't regret it one bit.

History: Violet grew up on one of the larger farms located on the south-eastern part of town. She was the only child to her mother and father, Janet and Carl Dobson, who had been pillars of their small community for many years. Violet had a lot of responsibilities from a very young age, and always knew what was expected of her. Every morning she was up early taking care of the animals, feeding them or cleaning their pens. It was a tough job, but she managed to learn a lot about how to care for livestock, something she was now very grateful for. Her family also grew crops, so she knew a small amount about growing and harvesting food; her mother even told her she had a natural ability for it and gave Violet her own greenhouse when she was 12. Their farm was very prosperous, and Violet planned on running it when her parents got too old to handle it themselves.

As she got older though, she knew she wanted to make a bigger difference in her small town, so she went to college to become a doctor. She even started running the local Parkview Medical Center when the previous owner died, and has been for the past 2 years. It was a job she loved and it was very flexible with her school schedule. A few weeks before the crisis she was planning on taking her MCAT, but then everything went to hell. Now she found herself scouring the town, trying to simply survive.

Inventory: North Face backpack, SOG Machete, LED Flashlight, 4-pack of AA Batteries, First Aid Kit, fire starter, travel sewing kit, one change of clothes, 3 pairs of clean socks, enough food and water to last her a week, and the key to the Medical Center.

And here's a list of what she took from the medical center:

• 2 bottles of aspirin
  • 1 bottle of Witch Hazel
  • 1 package cotton balls
  • 1 bottle Imodium
  • 2 tubes zinc oxide cream
  • 1 bottle multi-vitamins
  • 1 pack of sterile syringes
  • 2 small bottles of liquid penicillin
  • 1 bottle of amoxicillin (pill form)
  • 2 small tubes of hydrocodone cream

Inventory Pictures

TheHangedOne

Approved, Bella.  :P And for those curious about the diner, more details about it have been posted. It's become a sort of impromptu fort, as Edgar is more of the 'bunker down' mentality.
Check out my poet tree!

BellaVita

Quote from: TheHangedMan on June 10, 2015, 06:26:11 PM
Approved, Bella.  :P And for those curious about the diner, more details about it have been posted. It's become a sort of impromptu fort, as Edgar is more of the 'bunker down' mentality.

Gee thanks xD

Also, I would like to point out that this is just what she was able to grab from the Med Center, there may be more goodies there if it hasn't been broken into!

Benen

if we can get a few more people this is going to be fun

BellaVita

I agree Benen! I would say like 2-4 more would be perfect :D

TheHangedOne

Definitely. Women would be a big plus, too, so that we can even out the genders.
Check out my poet tree!

Benen

nods, and looks over things for other posts he has going.

xPeachyPuff

I'm interested, but I've just come back from a fairly big break and am wondering whether or not I should take on a group game so soon.

- Rainbow ♥

BellaVita

Quote from: xSnorkleRainbow on June 10, 2015, 08:52:49 PM
I'm interested, but I've just come back from a fairly big break and am wondering whether or not I should take on a group game so soon.

- Rainbow ♥

We'd be happy to have you if you decided to join us ^^

Miroque

Name: Emma Koskinen
Orientation: Streight, but exploring

Noteworthy Skills: Emma has been practising Ju-Jiutsu for most of her life. She is adept driver and athletic. She has rudimentary ER training.

Personality: Emma is freaked out. This was soposed to be her trip of an lifetime. Month ago, she never worried about tomorrow, but now, she fears the next hour.

What is the worst thing you have done during this crisis, and what have you gained from it?: Their car broke down, and from nowhere, zombie was on them. She freaked out, when her friends tried to fight it off, only to be eaten alive, before her very eyes. She run and never looked back.

What is the kindest thing you have done during this crisis, and what did it cost you?: During the first few days of apocalypse, three of them tried to help an man, who pulled an gun at them, and raped Pirkko. Annastina was too afraid to act, but when the man was grunting over her friend, Emma broke the cars antenna and plunged it into the mans throat, making him bleed out, Emma toke the gun that the man had been waving, and they fled.

History: Highschool was out, and after few summers of saving money she was free to do as she pleased. This was the last summer of freedom, like she jested with her friends. Next autumn would be the start of her university in Tampere. Her two closest freinds were planing to make an trip to Usa, to see all the things from movies, so she descided to join their best-trip-ever.

As Emma and her two friends, Annastina and Pirkko were tripping over to the states, when their school ended. It was soposed to be their roadtrip of an lifetime. It was, but not the way they thought. First they flied to Vegas, had an blast and descided to rent an car and trip down US of A, and during that trip, world was blown to hell.

After her friends being massacred before her eyes, she ran. That day, and the few following days, she ran, until she was too exhausted to run anymore. She seeked shelter from countryclub she found, and after long rest, in closest, she stealed herself. She started to resuply, from golfclubs to clean golfing clothes, form snackbars to waterbottles. After reequipping herself, she toke one of the golfclubs minibusses and head on, hoping to find some place of safety, or anyone still alive.

Inventory:
Two backbags (her own and Annastinas), filled with their clothes and personal carryons.
3 set of clothes
2 Showerbags (with personal hygiene products)
2 set of bikinis
2 golfclubs
few kilos of snackbars
5 bottles of water (0.5l each)
9mm P-99 Walther Pistol
2 clips to P-99 pistol (17 rounds each)

Picture

TheHangedOne

Hey Miroque. You have a decent character idea here, but we need you to do some heavy revisions. You don't include where your character got the pistol and silencer (which is a restricted item, and difficult to get, due to laws), and in general, your history is very bland and lacking. It feels more like a skeleton of a character, rather than an actual one.  We need some more meat on it. If you need any help, please feel free to PM me, or post to the thread, any questions you have.
Check out my poet tree!

Benen

I think any of us could help with Ideas, and I'd be more then happy to help myself.

El Maligno

BellaVita

Benen

and the more the marrier.. in a non creepy way, if we survive, we do need to help bring the human population back up.

xPeachyPuff

Just trying to get my muse together and think up an idea for a character. Hopefully I'll have something to show in the next couple of days.

- Rainbow ♥

Benen

BellaVita

Quote from: xSnorkleRainbow on June 14, 2015, 01:05:13 PM
Just trying to get my muse together and think up an idea for a character. Hopefully I'll have something to show in the next couple of days.

- Rainbow ♥

If you need any help feel free to ask Rainbow <3

Miroque

added something to my application, if more is needed please tell :)

Benen

looks ok to me, the only thing they were having issues with in your inventory was the ppk, how did you get, where did you get. that plus the silencer in the the US is hard to come by, like on a scale of 1-10 its at a 8.5-9, its extremely difficult, I would try switching it our for a more... realistic kind of gun, more so for a woman just out of college and rummaging through a country club after running for a few days.

TheHangedOne

Looks good to me, too. And Ben, I'm actually alright with the Walther. Walther's aren't that rare in the U.S., and it did come from the rapist, who could have found it god-knows-where (Arms shop, security guard, personal owner, black market connection, a dozen other possibilities). Silencers are hard to get your hands on, because of laws governing things like that (and scopes, and other additional parts), but I'm willing to allow it.

Welcome to the game.  :-)
Check out my poet tree!

Miroque

Silencer is not that big deal to me, if they are that hard to get in US, as in here, everyone has silencer, if tey practice shooting in indoor clubs. I got 3 in fact... different gun of course, but still. As they are totally leagal, and not even considered baing part of the gun (as they are exessories, like scopes and other add-ons)

I can easily take it off. (and who really needs silencer, when you can make one in 2min, from soda bottle and little ductape, and it works fine for 3-5 shots on 9mm pistol)

TheHangedOne

Quote from: Miroque on June 15, 2015, 09:06:22 AM
Silencer is not that big deal to me, if they are that hard to get in US, as in here, everyone has silencer, if tey practice shooting in indoor clubs. I got 3 in fact... different gun of course, but still. As they are totally leagal, and not even considered baing part of the gun (as they are exessories, like scopes and other add-ons)

I can easily take it off. (and who really needs silencer, when you can make one in 2min, from soda bottle and little ductape, and it works fine for 3-5 shots on 9mm pistol)

I'll admit, our country is really weird when it comes to gun laws, and how accessories can be a lot more difficult to acquire than the gun itself (including a few states were sound and flash suppressors are entirely illegal). In the end, I'll leave it up to you as to whether you want your character to have a legit one, or an improv one.
Check out my poet tree!

Miroque

im ok not to have neither.. as the gun was only for the show anyway. But yea, it seems really wierd there. Here, guns are hard as hell to comeby (highly regulated, and lot of byreaucracy, and takes about 1-2months to get licence to buy) but after that, your free to carry where ever, when ever (except in any sort of govermental buildings, airports, etc, and you cant carry in public gatherings (like music festivals) or bars), but gun must allways be hidden. Noone is allowed to carry visible (even longarms are needed to carry hidden inside carrybags)

And we have one of hte lowest guncrimes in the world (even we have 2nd highest guns/population from western world, only topped by Canada)

TheHangedOne

It sounds like you live in a country that actually knows what it's doing. But, I won't say anything more on the matter here, at least.
Check out my poet tree!

Miroque

Benen

BellaVita

El Maligno

Miroque

I feel showered with welcomes... should I be scared? :)

Question: when do we start and where?

Benen

I think as soon as Bella and Hanged say we have enough players, and I think they want a few more women to join

TheHangedOne

Yeah, that's about right. I figure we'll give it another day or two, and hopefully get another female in. If we don't, I'll start the game up. I'm also going to be allowing for recruitment as the game progresses; if you think about it, it's pretty easy to write in new characters in the genre.
Check out my poet tree!

Miroque

yeah, we found people, or we dont...easy as that :)

Loves

OMG soooooooo interested!

I shall make one or two if that's okay with you..... girls!  :D
ON HIATUS AGAIN

TheHangedOne

Check out my poet tree!

Roen

Hi!

Interested in this one.

Thinking about a female character, which should be interesting for me, if everyone are ok with this.

Thinking about a wild card kind of character.

Come and Write with Me! (O/Os and Ideas)
Even the oldest of sights has a moment of rebirth.
-Nathan Alterman.

TheHangedOne

Hey Roen, it's been a while. How have you been? I hope you haven't lost your taste for horror.  ;)

I'm cool with it.
Check out my poet tree!

Loves

Quote from: TheHangedMan on June 17, 2015, 09:17:15 AM
Go for it, Loves.  ;)

Cool,  I'll make the sheets up as soon as I can and post them here :)

Two sisters I think... that is what my muse is telling me.
ON HIATUS AGAIN

Roen

Great, will be working on it tomorrow, then :P

Quote from: TheHangedMan on June 17, 2015, 10:01:36 AM
I hope you haven't lost your taste for horror.  ;)
Never :D

-Nathan Alterman.

Loves

Name: Parker Amy Grant
Orientation:  Heterosexual

Noteworthy Skills:

Basic wilderness survival skills (her father was an avid hunter/camper - he taught her how to shoot and other camping skills).

Mechanic - Her father, by profession was a mechanic. She learned  the inner workings of a car before she was fitted for a training bra.  Parker can build a working engine, or repair one if given enough time.   

She’s pretty handy with building materials, having grown up with brothers and no mother, she was taught to be more of a boy than she was a girl.

Personality:

Parker has always been able to keep up with her brothers, and so she isn’t the most “graceful” young lady. In fact, had someone called her a lady, she might have taken a swing at them for the insult. Not much has changed since the crisis, other than she has no idea what happened to her father or her brothers. As far as she knows, her cousin is the only one from her family still alive. She hopes to find them among the mess, but the further she gets away from the town they all lived in, the less likely the outcome will be as she hoped. Parker is clinging onto her hope nonetheless.

What is the worst thing you have done during this crisis, and what have you gained from it?:

The worst thing Parker has done during the crisis was to kill a paramedic that had been “bitten”. He had been calling out for help when they came across the overturned truck, though it was fairly obvious that he had been seriously damaged.  She thought she had seen “teeth” marks, but really couldn’t be sure.  Not wanting to take a chance, and realizing that they would most likely need the items trapped inside of the emergency truck, Parker instructed her cousin to start transferring the items into the car, while she went to “check” on the driver. 

The body of his partner had been pulled apart, and left in “bits” around the site. Parker approached the pleading man (who had serious injuries already) and quickly bludgeoned him to death with the cars jack. She told Emmerson that he was already infected, but in reality, Parker wasn’t sure. Still, she did what she felt she had to do in order to survive…. the nightmares will eventually fade…. she hopes.

What is the kindest thing you have done during this crisis, and what did it cost you?:

The kindest thing Parker did at the start of this tragic crisis, was to leave a message at the old cottage by the lake where she was supposed to have been spending the weekend in with her cousin, and uncle. Her father and a few of her brothers were to meet them there after work that Friday night. They never arrived.  Her only thoughts were that should they somehow make it there after she and the others had left it, then perhaps leaving a note telling them what direction that they were headed in might allow them, someday to meet up again…. it was a hope that Parker would cling to no matter what!

History:

Parker grew up as the only daughter of Jack and Rose Grant, a builder by trade and homemaker, and a lover of all things outdoors.  Jack Grant had a working garage, and often, whenever he had to work late, his brother (Grey) would look after his daughter, and youngest child.  To leave her in the hands of her brothers was simply out of the question! They were good boys, but unreliable. This time together allowed Parker and Emmerson to grow closer to each other.

The two girls did everything together, growing up as cousins that were as close as sisters. They had gone through school together, fought, laughed, and cried together until their last year of college.  Emmerson had taken a job in the forestry department in another state, leaving Parker to join her father in the family business, fixing cars.  The separation only lasted barely a year before the crisis hit during one of Emmerson’s trips back home. 

Inventory:

The Car!

Items found from an abandoned wilderness office and first response vehicle while escaping the campground, all  travelling with both Emmerson and Parker in the same vehicle.

Antiseptic wipes
Antibacterial ointment
Compound bandage adhesive
Assorted adhesive bandages (fabric)
Butterfly bandages/adhesive wound-closure strips
Gauze pads (various sizes)
Nonstick sterile pads
Medical adhesive tape (10 yd. roll, min. 1" width)
Blister treatment
Ibuprofen / other pain-relief medication
Insect-sting relief treatment
Antihistamine to treat allergic reactions
Splinter (fine-point) tweezers
Safety pins
First-aid manual or information cards
Rolled gauze
Rolled, stretch-to-conform bandages
Elastic wrap
Hydrogel-based pads
First-aid cleansing pads with topical anesthetic
Hemostatic (blood-stopping) gauze
Liquid bandages
Oval eye pads
Knife (or multi-tool with knife)
Paramedic shears (blunt-tip scissors)
Finger splint(s)
SAM splint(s)
Cotton-tipped swabs
Standard oral thermometer
Low-reading (hypothermia) thermometer
Irrigation syringe with 18-gauge catheter
Small mirror
Medical/surgical gloves (nitrile preferred; avoid latex)
Triangular cravat bandage
Steel sewing needle with heavy-duty thread
Needle-nose pliers with wire cutter
Emergency heat-reflecting blanket

Items found in the car (shared by both Emmerson and Parker)

large flashlight
old flannel blanket (queen size)
jack / spare tire
gas can (half filled)
hose
chains for tires
shotgun
two boxes of amo

Personal Care, Other Items -  Parker only

Sunscreen
Lip balm
Knife (pocket)
makeup/hairbrush
deodorant
toothpaste / toothbrush
jeans/shorts/ two tank tops
two pair of panties
Hand sanitizer (alcohol-based)
Aloe vera gel
Aspirin

Food/Drink, Other Items (between both Emmerson and Parker)

trailmix
one large chocolate bar (¼ eaten)
oreo cookies (unopened)
gum
one case of water, bottles of 24 (three missing) water count… 21 bottles
apples (found along the way)
berries (strawberries and blueberries) - (found along the way)
one can opener/beer opener
1 12 pack of beer (light budweiser)

Picture

Name: Emmerson Julianna Grant   
Orientation: Heterosexual

Noteworthy Skills:

Basic wilderness survival skills (her father was an avid hunter/camper - he taught her how to shoot and other camping skills).

Cooking on an open fire, fish… rabbit… that sort of thing. 

Understanding of plant life, ie: Poison Ivy, poisonous berries… and such

Personality:

Normally polite and cheerful, Emmerson has switched into survival mode, and can be short tempered in the heat of the moment. As far as she knows, her cousin is the only one she can trust without question (who -- thankfully, is currently not trying to “eat” her brains.)  She is suspicious of strangers, but understands that to get through whatever is happening, she is going to have to rely on a few… but that doesn’t mean she will blindly trust, and follow their lead.

What is the worst thing you have done during this crisis, and what have you gained from it?:

The absolute worse thing that Emmerson had to endure during her travels was the loss of her father. He had been travelling with both his daughter and his niece, Parker. They had found what they had thought was an abandoned home and soon decided to take shelter for the night.  It was dark, her father was on first watch, and both girls were attempting to get some sleep. Emmerson thought she had heard a sound outside, but was too exhausted and terrified to alert anyone.  Before she knew what was happening, two of the infected barged into the old home, catching her father off guard. His last words to the girls was “RUN!”  and the last image she had of her father was of him being mauled to death by those “things!”

She still blames herself for his death.

From that experience Emmerson has learned that to survive this crisis she is going to have to grow stronger, tougher, and more determined. She now refuses to allow her fears to get in the way of protecting herself and her cousin, Parker.

What is the kindest thing you have done during this crisis, and what did it cost you?:

Having found an abandoned car, both Emmerson and Parker set out into the country, away from the city where it seemed most of the terror was centralized.  They had no way of knowing what was happening in the world, all they knew was that they had to keep moving. It was during a raining night that two silhouettes appeared on the dark road, as the car sped past, Emmerson (who was driving) saw the faces of a young woman and her daughter. Despite not trusting strangers, something compelled her to turn the car around and return to those in need.  And so, the group of two became a group of four.  Unfortunately, that group returned to two again after the child began showing symptoms of the flu.  Not wanting to take a chance, Emmerson and Parker abandoned them at an empty gas station.  She still wonders what might have happened to them, but she knew she couldn’t have risked the infection. Leaving them and watching their faces grow smaller in the rearview mirror was heartbreaking, and still haunts her whenever she closes her eyes.

History:

Emmerson grew up as the only daughter of Grey Grant, a builder by trade, and a lover of all things outdoors.  His wife, Teresa had left both Grey and their baby (Emmerson) two months into the child’s life, leaving nothing behind but a note with a single word scrawled on the back of a phone bill… “sorry”

However, despite not having the best of starts, Emmerson grew up a happy, well adjusted little tomboy. She was the apple of her father’s eye, growing up with many “uncles” who worked for the construction company, all of whom protected her all through her youth into womanhood.   

Emmerson’s best friend was also her cousin, Parker Grant.   Her uncle Jack Grant had a working garage, and often, whenever he had to work late, his brother (Grey) would look after his daughter, and youngest child.  To leave her in the hands of her brothers was simply out of the question! They were good boys, but unreliable.

The two girls did everything together, growing up as cousins that were as close as sisters. They had gone through school together, fought, laughed, and cried together until their last year of college.  Emmerson had taken a job in the forestry department in another state, leaving Parker to join her father in the family business, fixing cars.  The separation only lasted barely a year before the crisis hit during one of Emmerson’s trips back home. 

Inventory:

The Car!

Items found from an abandoned wilderness office and first response vehicle while escaping the campground, all  travelling with both Emmerson and Parker in the same vehicle.

Antiseptic wipes
Antibacterial ointment
Compound bandage adhesive
Assorted adhesive bandages (fabric)
Butterfly bandages/adhesive wound-closure strips
Gauze pads (various sizes)
Nonstick sterile pads
Medical adhesive tape (10 yd. roll, min. 1" width)
Blister treatment
Ibuprofen / other pain-relief medication
Insect-sting relief treatment
Antihistamine to treat allergic reactions
Splinter (fine-point) tweezers
Safety pins
First-aid manual or information cards
Rolled gauze
Rolled, stretch-to-conform bandages
Elastic wrap
Hydrogel-based pads
First-aid cleansing pads with topical anesthetic
Hemostatic (blood-stopping) gauze
Liquid bandages
Oval eye pads
Knife (or multi-tool with knife)
Paramedic shears (blunt-tip scissors)
Finger splint(s)
SAM splint(s)
Cotton-tipped swabs
Standard oral thermometer
Low-reading (hypothermia) thermometer
Irrigation syringe with 18-gauge catheter
Small mirror
Medical/surgical gloves (nitrile preferred; avoid latex)
Triangular cravat bandage
Steel sewing needle with heavy-duty thread
Needle-nose pliers with wire cutter
Emergency heat-reflecting blanket

Items found in the car (shared by both Emmerson and Parker)

large flashlight
old flannel blanket (queen size)
jack / spare tire
gas can (half filled)
hose
chains for tires
shotgun
two boxes of amo

Personal Care, Other Items - Emmerson only

Sunscreen
Lip balm
Insect repellent
Biodegradable soap
Antacid tablets
Knife (pocket)
makeup/hairbrush
deodorant
toothpaste / toothbrush
jeans/two tank tops
two pair of panties

Food/Drink, Other Items (between both Emmerson and Parker)

trailmix
one large chocolate bar (¼ eaten)
oreo cookies (unopened)
gum
one case of water, bottles of 24 (three missing) water count… 21 bottles
apples (found along the way)
berries (strawberries and blueberries) - (found along the way)
one can opener/beer opener
1 12 pack of beer (light budweiser)

Picture

ON HIATUS AGAIN

BellaVita

Approved Loves! Welcome to the feast- I mean.. party :D

Loves

Quote from: BellaVita on June 17, 2015, 03:01:49 PM
Approved Loves! Welcome to the feast- I mean.. party :D

Awesome!
I can't wait to start.

:D

ON HIATUS AGAIN

BellaVita

Quote from: Loves on June 17, 2015, 03:10:45 PM
Awesome!
I can't wait to start.

:D

I'll talk to HangedMan, but it shouldn't be too much longer before we start :D

Loves

That's great. I look forward to hearing from you guys.

:)

I was planning on my girls being new to town, rolling in on their first post. I'm looking forward to them meeting and getting to know the other survivors.

ON HIATUS AGAIN

Vex

Hi there! Nice to meet'cha all!  :-)

Are y'all still interested in having another female join the game? I just got approved, so I'm still setting up my profile, and getting myself settled into Elliquiy. But, I had been perusing the threads, and thought this Parkview would be a story I'd enjoy being a part of, if you don't mind bringing in a newcomer.

I have an idea for a character already. If you're looking to start soon, it shouldn't be too long for me to post a write up, assuming you'd be interested.

BellaVita

Quote from: Vex on June 17, 2015, 06:55:17 PM
Hi there! Nice to meet'cha all!  :-)

Are y'all still interested in having another female join the game? I just got approved, so I'm still setting up my profile, and getting myself settled into Elliquiy. But, I had been perusing the threads, and thought this Parkview would be a story I'd enjoy being a part of, if you don't mind bringing in a newcomer.

I have an idea for a character already. If you're looking to start soon, it shouldn't be too long for me to post a write up, assuming you'd be interested.

Feel free to post a CS :D

And welcome to Elliquiy!

El Maligno

Welcome Newcomers and welcome Loves! I look forward to making a great story with all of you!!

Vex

Name: Michelle Young
Orientation: Heterosexual, but still discovering herself.

Noteworthy Skills: Nimbly apt climber. Minor parkour experience. Light on her feet. Able to squeeze through small openings and tight spaces. Basic wilderness survival and first-aid training. Experience practicing domestic skills in modest conditions (cooking, cleaning, sewing, laundry, etc.). Highly familiar with Parkview. Academically inclined. Multilingual, speaking Mandarin and English. Well-practiced at the piano. Rather well-disciplined for a teenager.

Her small stature and lack of experience rather limits her prowess, however. Her formal training is light in most areas, assuming she has any at all in a given field. She has no firearms experience, making her a rather inaccurate shot, and she gets rather intimidated with particularly big or scary looking weapons. She tends to lack the power to kill zombies in one shot too, as she found later on, when she had to repeatedly smash a solitary grounded zombie in the head with her bat just to finally get it to stop. She has since taken to taking out their knees when she has to engage. Might not kill them, but it sure slows them down.

Personality: Already prone to introspection, Michelle has become increasingly reserved and withdrawn in response to the death and chaos around her. Now a month into the mayhem that the world has become, though she's still afraid and cautious of what each day may bring, she's moved past the crippling fear and tearful nights that stunted her first days. Her ritualistic preparations for the day has afforded the blossoming girl a taste of order and stability of her previous life, and grants her the confidence that enables her to keep her focus on moving and surviving. However, she still has trouble keeping some of the worrisome memories and darker idle thoughts from creeping into her mind when she has to linger and rest, and finds the strong morals of her family's religious identity difficult to ignore in the face of conflict, despite what her cynical mind tells her about the realities of her new life.

What is the worst thing you have done during this crisis, and what have you gained from it?: Roughly a week being displaced from her home, and running dangerously low on food, Michelle found herself stalking one of the other scavengers back to his camp, finding them located in a small, boarded up liquor store. She came back in the dead of night, hoping to sneak in and steal some of their goods.

Even now, theft is still a bad thing, but she was too afraid to ask them to take her in. As it turned out, she was right to be.

While Michelle retrieved the stash behind the counter, she could hear the muffled cries of a woman up in the second-floor residence above the shop, along with the occasional grunt and laugh of a few male voices. To this day, she still isn't entirely sure what it was they were doing. Perhaps they were just tending her wounds and she was screaming from the roughness and the alcohol. At least, that was what she reasoned as she did her best to ignore the frantic cries and shuffling up above, while she shoved what she could into her backpack. The sudden dead silence she found as she picked up to leave still haunts her on occasion as it did on that night. She might not be sure exactly what was happening, but her imagination hasn't hesitated to fill in the blanks with horrifying details. But, despite her doubts that night, she never did check to see if that poor girl needed help. She instead helped herself to their stash, a reality she doesn't like much to admit.

What is the kindest thing you have done during this crisis, and what did it cost you?: Within the last few days, while returning after a rather fruitful day of scavenging the nearby buildings, Michelle heard the cry of a little boy, and rushed to investigate. She found a horde of undead pounding at gated storefront, which was increasingly giving way to their combined might, the young kid panicking while his father frantically tried to hold the gate together and smash the hands back with a hammer. From the sway of the metal, it was obvious it wasn't going to hold much longer.

Michelle was growing increasingly confident about her ability to outmaneuver these monsters, so she made her way to the street and tried to get the attention of the small horde that had gathered before the shop. Knowing the area rather well, she lured the bulk of their numbers into a nearby alleyway, and got to see the father and child running past as she turned down the alley. Once they were safely away, she ran down to the other side, and slipped past the fencing up the wall. However,  while she had taken this particular route quite a few times, she wasn't used to navigating the breach with a full pack. She struggled to pull it through, eventually ripping it's side out against a ragged link, and pouring most of it's contents on the opposite side. With the horde approaching, she didn't have an opportunity to collect it, and was forced to leave the vast majority behind, costing her the day's gains, and leaving her a rather unsatisfied night.

History: Michelle started her life as an orphan child from a rural village in mainland China, but in a fortunate turn of events, she was adopted by a married Mormon couple, several years after her father's experiences during his mission work there. Despite not sharing the same blood as her new parents or her older brother, they've treated her with absolute love and kindness, never hiding from the matter of the adoption, but instead embracing and celebrating it. Though there were some initial difficulties, by the time she grew into a pre-teen, she felt accepted and adored by her family, ever-grateful for giving her a beautiful life in Parkview.

Always rather mature in spirit for her age, despite her petite size, Michelle wanted to make her parents and sibling as proud of her as she could, to make the most out of the opportunities she was given. She became an honor student in school, a proud member of their small LDS community, and an accomplished girl-scout. Although a bit on the squeaky-clean, apple-polishing side, Michelle was a fairly popular student in school, owed mostly to her friendly spirit, her hard-work ethic, and pragmatic outlook. That's not to say she didn't occasionally do things she wasn't supposed to. She's a teenage girl, after all. In fact, she'd long planned an unofficial sleep over party for when her parents were scheduled to leave for the weekend. However, as anxieties and tensions grew, she soon found that would fall apart, along with many other social conventions she was used to. But even she had little idea of how to prepare for what was to come.

With her parents off on business, and her brother off doing his missionary work, Michelle was alone in the family home in north-west Parkview when the chaos came to her neighborhood. Afraid of the noises she heard outside, she called her parents, who told her they were on their way back, and that she was to bar the door and shut off the lights while she awaited for their arrival. So, that's what she did. And it worked, for a time. Days went by with little trouble, but no appearance of her parents either. Still, her family had specifically trained for emergency situations, and had vital supplies that would last a year for the family. She could had stayed indefinitely. Unfortunately, her hand was forced when a group of strangers broke into her sealed home in the middle of the night. She barely managed to quickly secure a backpack and some clothes before she had to slip out the door. She was spotted on the way out, but she managed to lose her pursuer, leaving the teen to fend for herself in the coming weeks to find food and shelter wherever she could manage.

Inventory:
Two bookbags, a lightly-dented aluminum baseball bat, compact first-aid kit, small utility knife, multi-tool, titanium crowbar, binoculars, steel scissors, blood-stained collegiate sweater, an outfit of worn clothes, a heart-shaped pendant, a clean change of clothes, a hair brush, a hand-sized vanity kit, four bottles travel-sized of shampoo, a bar of soap, toothbrush, a few small rolls of curling ribbons in various colors, a travel sewing kit, two mini flash lights, two disposable lighters, four plastic water bottles (w/ water),  three travel-sized packs of nuts, four sealed cans of food, a bag of "fun" sized chocolate candy, two 20 oz. bottles of soft drinks, two packs of beef jerky.
Picture

Loves

Quote from: El Maligno on June 17, 2015, 10:58:47 PM
Welcome Newcomers and welcome Loves! I look forward to making a great story with all of you!!

*waves to El Maligno*

Hi there! :)  and thank you for the warm welcome.  ;D

I too am looking forward to the game and watching the story unfold.   XD
ON HIATUS AGAIN

TheHangedOne

I am looking to start the game tonight or tomorrow night. Thank you all for being patient with us.  :-)

Welcome to E, Vex! I like the character. Approved.
Check out my poet tree!

BellaVita

Quote from: TheHangedMan on June 18, 2015, 10:28:28 AM
I am looking to start the game tonight or tomorrow night. Thank you all for being patient with us.  :-)

I wanna say approved, but aren't there rules to characters under 18 not allowed in adult roleplays?

BellaVita

Quote from: BellaVita on June 18, 2015, 10:55:19 AM
I wanna say approved, but aren't there rules to characters under 18 not allowed in adult roleplays?

Nvm, it says 16 or over so the character is okay! We look forward to having you :D

TheHangedOne

Yeah, I had to double check that one, too.

Also, I'd like to just mention something. It is certainly no requirement, but for those of you who are interested in voice chat, Elliquiy has a dedicated voice chat server. Me and Bella are on it every now and again. Like I said, it's no requirement, you're not going to miss out on anything by not joining it. I just think it's pretty awesome to be able to chitter-chatter with others, and wanted to share it.
Check out my poet tree!

Vex

Quote from: TheHangedMan on June 18, 2015, 10:28:28 AM

Thanks! And I'm glad you liked the character! I'm looking forward to testing her in this crazy town.  ;D

Quote from: BellaVita on June 18, 2015, 10:56:16 AM
Nvm, it says 16 or over so the character is okay! We look forward to having you :D
Quote from: TheHangedMan on June 18, 2015, 11:45:47 AM
Yeah, I had to double check that one, too.

Sorry about that. I just got through season 4 of the Walking Dead, and was rather intrigued by one of the themes of that season, on the matter of minors and children growing up in the zombie apocalypse. Their natural responses to what they're seeing and learning often warped them into forms that adults, with their strong ties to a much more orderly world, had trouble recognizing, especially coming from minors that they believed were innocent and needed protection. Granted, that season dealt with kids a few years younger than Michelle, but I was still intrigued by the notion, of how a young girl copes with the circumstances and how it shifts their world views in a much more radical direction than it would for most adults. That's an avenue I'm hoping to explore with the character.

That said, I wouldn't mind shifting the age older, if it makes others uncomfortable. Sure, it's a neat contrast to the rest of the characters, but our enjoyment of the story comes at a higher priority, I'd think. Just say the word before we start, and I'll be perfectly fine with modifying her sheet to something more accommodating.

I also wondered if I over-sold her skill set a little. I think I did that in part because, when taken as a more general point of view that most the other characters take, her helpful skills seem quite minor compared to everyone else. She's not a medical expert, she doesn't have higher education, doesn't have her own sanctuary, she sure as hell isn't good fighter, and she doesn't even have any significant driving experience. That's part of the point, that she's a marginally exceptional, but mostly normal teenage girl. That left me a little narrowed with how to justify her survival, mostly limiting it towards a smart, reasonably grounded young woman who's pretty decent at working around obstacles, planning routes, and escaping danger. I hope you didn't mind that.

Loves

doesn't bother me to have a 16 year old in the game.  :)
ON HIATUS AGAIN

TheHangedOne

The way I look at her, she's got a good head on her shoulders, and good athleticism. She can grow into a role, rather than being slotted into one.
Check out my poet tree!

Amarlo

Seduce my mind and my body will follow.
Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

BellaVita

Quote from: Amarlo on June 18, 2015, 03:32:33 PM
Still in need of more people? :)

Of course! Though I should tell you we have a lot of girls right now :)

Amarlo

Then I suppose I'll hold off. If you find some people dropping out and you need more females, perhaps someone could pm me? :)

Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

TheHangedOne

Check out my poet tree!

Amarlo

Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

TheHangedOne

Oh my goodness! Through all the dust, dirt, and grime, it sparkles, it shines! What is it?

Why, an OOC, of course!
Check out my poet tree!

Vex

Quote from: TheHangedMan on June 18, 2015, 02:21:32 PM
The way I look at her, she's got a good head on her shoulders, and good athleticism. She can grow into a role, rather than being slotted into one.

Certainly true. She can learn, as time goes on. But I think that would apply to nearly all the cast. In Post-Apocalyptic genres, I tend to think it's best for characters to be at least modestly capable in a wide-range of skills, as opposed to specially dedicated to one (although there are exceptions, like medical science, for instance). After all, you never know when you might lose your specialist, or your entire group, for that matter.

But, we've got to survive first in order to have time to learn, of course.  ;)

Quote from: BellaVita on June 18, 2015, 03:41:43 PM
Of course! Though I should tell you we have a lot of girls right now :)

This is your and HangedMan's group, of course. If you'd like to keep the sexes within relative balance, I can certainly understand that. If that's your inclination, I'm not gonna argue with that.

But, for what it's worth, I don't think it's too problematic if we have the genders a little unequal in number. It's only important if people are going to be pairing off, and even then, not everyone is necessarily interested in that. Some might be too concerned with survival to do too much screwing around. Or, they might be reluctant to form lasting bonds with someone else who might die on them, and are just interested in physical intimacy for the moment. Or some might embrace a kind of live-in-the-moment hedonism, inclined to sex up everyone if they have the opportunity. And that's assuming we don't like the idea of having romantic triangles and rivalries for affections about. That can be fun in itself, if we're so inclined.

As long as we've got some diversity of attitudes and traits amongst our characters, I think the good can outweigh the harm, in most cases.

Chronoclasm

I don't suppose you have room for one more?

Name: Joshua Tyler Truman
Orientation: Upright, Walking North-by-Northwest

Noteworthy Skills:

Food preparation:
   Give the man a microwave and he'll cook you a mean TV dinner?
Medical training:
   "I knew I should have gone to medical school."
Combat training:
   Back in undergrad, he spent a couple of semesters in a shotokan karate club? He never made it past a white belt, but a few of the stances and techniques are still vaguely part of his muscle memory.
   Used to hit the gym a couple times a week before the crisis? He always liked the punching bag, but he's not actually hit anyone in a decade.
Survival skills:
   Oh! He's got this one! He's seen at least four full episodes of Bear Grylls's Man vs. Wild. If he ever has to eat a bug or a snake, he's pretty sure he knows how.
OK: Does he actually have any useful skills?:
   Define useful? But he does have a background in mediating, negotiation, counselling, and criminal justice.

Personality:

Joshua Tyler Truman's always gone by "Tyler"--"Ty" to his friends. No reason really, he just always has. In terms of his external personality, he's a generally nice guy who will usually go out of his way to make things better. But not always.

Ty ("we're friends now, right?") has always had a dulled fight-or-flight reaction. He doesn't really know how to panic, and doesn't get stressed out by the little things. This isn't by virtue of any training, mind you, it's just the way his brain's made up. Some armchair psychologists might even be tempted to label him a psychopath because of it, but he does feel fear, anxiety, and worry. They're just flatter than how other people feel them. This has served him well in his legal career, and during the crisis as well. It might well be the only thing that's allowed this atypical survivor to survive as long as he has: He doesn't panic, and isn't really driven insane by the consequences of making tough decisions.

But he also lacks violent tendencies. So far he's survived by outrunning and outmaneuvering threats, and by hiding. His zombie kill count is still zero, a month into the crisis, mostly for lack of trying. He doesn't want to die, so he tries pretty hard not to get close to them.

On the way north, Ty plundered an abandoned gas station. It had mostly been picked over already, but the scraps he found there make up the majority of his present supplies. That's it. That's the worst thing he's done so far. Incredibly boring, right? But when your response is to just avoid conflict, you do alright avoiding drama as well.

Still, as a legal professional it did feel kind of wrong to commit such wanton robbery. He didn't even leave money behind on the counter.

On a more serious note, he has left behind survivors, and has not really gone out of his way to try to rescue anyone. He doesn't personally consider this a "bad thing," though, and feels no real guilt over it. It's not his responsibility to save the world, right? And if he'd gone back for people, he'd have simply joined them in the feeding trough.

The kindest thing that Ty's done so far was to adopt a stray dog, a pitbull he's taken to calling "Samson." While he's fully aware that Samson's probably not long for this world, he's happy to have a companion for as long as the dog sticks with him. A few morsels of food is a small price to pay in exchange for the company, the morale boost, and the early zombie detection system that is Samson, at least in Ty's opinion. Besides, if Bear Grylls has taught him anything at all in four episodes of high-quality television, it's that human beings can eat anything. Maybe even zombies?

Ty's not going to try eating zombies though. That sounds like a really good way to get the disease--or a disease anyway.

Aside from this solitary act of animal rescue, Ty's not really done anything especially kind or generous. The few survivors he came across before his car ran out of gas were also in cars, and they didn't stop their engines to talk to one another.

History:

The Big Apple. A corner office. Six figure salary. These were the things that Tyler's parents imagined when they sent him to law school, after a generally acceptable undergraduate education in criminal justice. But after flunking the New York State Bar Exam twice now, Ty had settled into a position as a legal assistant at a law firm in Albany. He was going to take the Bar again next year, but he didn't have high hopes. It wasn't that he lacks ambition, really, it's just that he lacks the ambition to be a lawyer. His father insisted though, and what else could he do? It sounded like a stable career, and he'd make a lot of money. Who needs happiness when you've got stability and material wealth, right? There's always Netflix to distract you from a job you hate, or so was Ty's philosophy until right up to the crisis.

Now he doesn't even have a TV, let alone Netflix!

Lacking the genre blindness so common in zombie survival scenarios, Ty realized that he had to head north. If he went in the direction of New York City all he'd find was way too many zombies. Canada. That's where he had to go. A country known primarily for its politeness and its lack of population density. Grabbing a few things from his apartment, he hit the roads as soon as he lost faith in local law enforcement and the national guard. Barriers were avoided, and soon he was on the open road. With. A lot of other people.

Fortunately, Ty had four-wheel drive, and he took to off-roads once it became clear that the main streets and highways were too congested with stalled and zombified vehicles for actual mobility. Unfortunately, this is hard on an SUV, and ate up a lot of gas. Twice he almost emptied out before managing to siphon replacement fuel from abandoned cars or gas stations. Third time unlucky, though. A couple of miles outside of Parkview his SUV hit empty. Gathering what supplies he could carry on his person, he and Samson disembarked, and put foot to pavement--leaving the rest of his supplies locked in the car for safekeeping. They would walk into the town, a speck still some ways in the distance, and see about getting more fuel. It wouldn't be more than a pit stop, right?

Inventory:
Men's Leather Messenger Bag (so stylish!)
   - Rations (2x Trail Mix [one bag half empty], 8x Candy Bars, 22x Beef Jerky Sticks, 3x Doritos)
   - Drinks (2x Gatorades [full], 1x Water Bottle [half empty], 1x Crown Royal Canadian Whiskey [about one-third gone])
   - 2x Canned Dog Food
   - 1x Kibbles-'n-Bits Dry Dog Food Bag [half empty]
   - 1x Dog Bowl
   - 1x Gentlemen's Magazine (for the articles, obviously)
   - 3x EpiPens (if Ty gets stung by a bee, anaphylaxis will hit him so hard that zombies will quickly be the least of his worries)
   - 1x Car Air Freshener? What? Why? Tyler.
   - 2x Dish Rags
   - 1x Band-Aid Box (full)
   - 1x Handheld Flashlight
   - 8x Double-AA Batteries
   - 4x Watch Batteries
   - 1x Portable Speaker

Clothing
   - 1x Baseball Cap, Beige (stolen from plundered gas station, text says "Keep On Truckin," picture of a semi-truck)
   - 1x Long-Sleeved Button-Up Dress Shirt, Blue (wrinkled, dirty)
   - 1x Necktie, Slate-and-Gray Striped (wrinkled, dirty)
   - 1x Khaki-Style Dress Pants, Slate (wrinkled, dirty)
   - 1x Blazer-Style Suit Jacket, Slate (wrinkled, dirty)
   - 1x Boxer Shorts, Yellow-and-White Striped (c-clean enough, all things considered)
   - 1x Leather Belt, Brown
   - 1x Leatherman Multitool and Holding Case
   - 1x Leather Wallet, Black
   - 1x Generic MP3 player, White, with plug-in earphones (Ty couldn't afford Apple)
   - 1x Wristwatch (with timer, stopwatch, and alarm features)

Wallet
   - $64 (one $20 bill, three $10 bills, one $5 bill, nine $1 bills)
   - 1x Credit Card, Visa Platinum
   - 1x Bank Card, Bank of America
   - 1x American Red Cross Donor Card, Blood Type: O+!
   - 1x State of New York Driver's License (Ugh, That Picture)
   - 4x Business Cards (Dugger, Jeffers & Bass)
   - 1x Parking Card
   - 1x Condom, Wrapped ("How long has this been in here?" Probably not safe for use)
   - 1x Medical Insurance Card

Weapons
   - 1x Axe Handle, Wooden (the plundered gas station manager's apparent security system, found behind the cash register)
   - 1x Useless Cell Phone (projectile)
   - Heavy Stones, As Present in the Environment (who needs bullets when you can just hurl broken pieces of brick and concrete?)

Tyler

Samson

Inventory

Men's Leather Messenger Bag

Epinephrine Autoinjectors (EpiPens)

Stolen Baseball Cap

Leatherman Multitool

Wooden Axe Handle

Disclaimer: I am not a rapi-poster and I sometimes flake out here on Elliquiy, especially if I get busy in real life or bored. I want you to be aware of this before accepting me into your game. To mitigate this, I'm here giving the GMs permission to NPC this character to move scenes forward if I am too slow to respond, and to kill off the character via surprise zombies, bee stings, or freak explosions if I disappear or bow out.
"Being with you and not being with you is the only way I have to measure time." ― Jorge Luis Borges

TheHangedOne

Hey there, Chrono. I love the detail you put into the sheet, and am definitely happy to accept you. I also thank you for being so forward with your tendencies, and giving us that permission. If you do drop the game, your character will almost certainly end up in the feeding trough.  >:)

Welcome to the game. Feel free to post your sheet in the thread I mentioned a few posts back, and hop into the OOC. Also, anybody who hasn't posted to the OOC yet: come on in, it's zombie free.  :-) I personally find chitter-chatter helps keep the game cohesive.
Check out my poet tree!

Foxfyr

By chance is there still an opening in this game?  I could play either male or female, whichever is needed at the moment, though seems like there is a pretty even balance at this point.

Love me a good ol' zombie survival RP.

TheHangedOne

I actually think that we're going to hold off on adding new characters for now, Loki. Sorry. If you'd like, I can contact you when we have room for more.
Check out my poet tree!

Foxfyr

Roen

Finally, managed to get it done :P
Hope I'm not too late!

Name: Page Glau

Noteworthy Skills: Survivability under drastic circumstances, able to stay calm in the face of unfathomable horror, high pain tolerance.

She knows how to shoot a gun, she knows how to fight, how to tell between poisonous plants and edible ones, and how to defend an end-of-the-world bunker. She knows how, because she he been force fed that information from books, but had very little practical training with any of these things.

Personality: To describe Page's behavior as 'Jaded' would be an understatement; most of the time she would be completely aware of her surroundings, even if her responses to external stimulation might be strange or unnerving at times, but there are times when she may appear almost catatonic. As a child Page had been a warm and outgoing person, so that might be in there somewhere, now her social sensibilities can be summed up in stares, incoherent mumbles and the occasional startled jump.

What is the worst thing you have done during this crisis, and what have you gained from it?: During her escape, Page had left a water bottle to a dying man. She gained the knowledge that instead of dying out from dehydration and the wound in his gut, the man wouldn't be able to resist drinking the water, thus prolonging his agony.

She kept the other bottle to herself.

History:
The world before the day she was taken seems like a faraway dream to Page, but for her remaining friends and family, this would be all they’d remember from her. A charming little girl with sparking eyes, braided hair and always a pleasant temper. She was every teacher’s favorite, and not because she was exceptionally bright or studious, but because she was overwhelmingly kind and warm; always making friends with the new kids, making sure everyone in her surrounding was included in social activities, more than once the parent of one of the less popular kids had a kind word to say about how Page rallied classmates to come to their child’s birthday party. Bumblebee extraordinaire, she was given the responsibility of welcoming new girl scouts into the fold, and she’d done that role proud.

Every each Sunday you could see her at the corner of the street, standing next to a sign of the local animal shelter with a shelter worker, a cage full of puppies and a box full of kittens, helping out adoptions, urging people to come by and telling them of the importance of adopting rescue pets.
It was there that the dream ended.
There was no van with candies or a luring story about a lost puppy. It was a rainy Sunday, as most Sundays on December tend to be, and although her mentor from the animal shelter called in sick for the day, nine year old Page showed up in her oversized red coat, jeans and cyan rubber rain boots. She stood at the corner of the street for nearly four hours before a car stopped by and picked her up.

To say that nobody saw her since would be wrong, people seen her- on the news, on the fliers, on the signs and the newspaper articles, they saw her on TV non-stop for the entire two months that the police, the family, neighbors and friends were forming search parties to look for her around town, and on the lands that surrounded it, they saw her on the paper on each passing yew- commemorating her disappearance with the same picture of the never aging nine year old girl that went missing.
Her parents pleaded, her friends cried, her teachers were at a loss in face of the tragedy, but the girl seemed to be gone. The police never found a trace of hers, so they couldn’t even declare her dead, there was no coffin- not even the empty kind- no way of finding peace. Her parents, sick of seeing her classmates growing up, becoming teenagers and then adults, decided to leave Parkview. One day they just packed their bags, her parents and her younger brother, and drove off at dawn.

They probably wouldn’t have left had they known they were leaving Page behind. She was still there, in Parkview, locked in the bomb shelter of the man that kidnapped and held her captive. He used and abused her, day in and day out, showing her the true meaning of a monster, he had broken her spirit and body in ways only a true psychopath could. Threatening to harm her family should she disobey, to kill her and take her brother in her stead should she prove unworthy, prove useless for the cause.

The cause, as he put it, was to survive the social economic catastrophe that would inevitably spread through the western world like a wild fire. The government will collapse, all infrastructure would fail and humanity will be left to its own devices. Apart from teaching her how to be a competent mate, he taught her how to endure pain, how to forgo basic human kindness and other exploitable weaknesses, he had a whole system of horrible exercises that tested her physical limits, her nerves and her sanity. One of his favorite exercises was to leave the door unlocked and see if she’d try to run and how far she might get. An exercise that was always followed by a week-long starvation and severe beating, torture and in some cases- rape.

Recently, he had tried that stunt again, and although Page was already broken enough to ignore that urge, the man was gone for far too long for her to ignore it. A whole day had passed before she dared going outside. She found her captor on the front lawn, badly wounded, his guts spilled all over the grass, most of the man’s limbs gnawed on, but whatever chewed on him had already gone. The confused captive realized then and there that the man was beyond hope, that he could no longer keep her or hurt anyone should she try to run.

She took his jacket,
She took his boots,
She took his belt,
She took his knife and packed a small bag of supplies,

And she ran away.

Inventory:
1 White Cotton Dress
1 Brown Leather Belt
Holding 1 kitchen knife
1 Brown Leather Jacket
2 Brown Leather boots
1 Carrier bag containing:
1 water bottle
5 packs of German army grade MREs
1 dark chocolate bar, half eaten.
1 Empty jar of peanut butter

Pictures

-Nathan Alterman.

BellaVita

Looks awesome Roen! Don't forget to post your CS to the Character Thread :D

TheHangedOne

The only thing I can think of is to remove that missing picture. No pics of children on E, period, according to the rules (I have gotten warnings for an innocuous posting before).
Check out my poet tree!

Tytus

Tytus Hale

TheHangedOne

Not at the moment, sorry. If you'd like, though, I can PM you when we are.
Check out my poet tree!

Tytus

I would like for you to keep me in mind. I am looking for something along the lines of this story line.
Tytus Hale

TheHangedOne

Sure thing. If me and Bella feel like we can handle more players, or if there are some vacancies along the way, we'll be sure to contact anyone who has so far shown interest but been turned away.
Check out my poet tree!

DarkAngel111

if you guys are taking more people, whenever that may be, Let me know :)

DarkAngel111

Name: Richard Meinky
Orientation:Straight.

Noteworthy Skills: He is quite strong physically. Although not a rocket scientist. He is not dumb either. He is a decent shot and can clean a weapon by taking it apart and putting it all back together. But apart from that he does not have many skills, only that he can bash a zombie’s head in with his bare hands.

Personality: Quite reserved. The new world does not suit him, he was a bully before things went to shit and now that he has no money he can’t really do that anymore. He likes to keep away from arguments although he would do anything to get on the good side of people and make friends, since he himself does not have much survival skills.

What is the worst thing you have done during this crisis, and what have you gained from it?:Worst thing he did was leave his father for the dead while he ran for his life. He ended up taking most of his father’s hunting gear as they were on a camping trip.

What is the kindest thing you have done during this crisis, and what did it cost you?:He had to put a little boy down who was bitten. He made sure that it was quick and painless.

History: Richard was a spoiled trust fund kid who went to the best private schools and best colleges. It didn’t really matter what he did in life at least not to him. He was a bully, and always had a good time on other’s expense. Living most of his life in the city, he has little to no experience about survival, although his father took him on hunting and camping trips from time to time, he was always looking forward to the time they would go back. Needless to say not much stuck with him, apart from the few things he learned about the guns his father taught him. He can clean a weapon and put it together. He is a decent shot.

When the infection started he was deep in the woods with his father on a hunting trip oblivious to the fact that things had gotten this bad. His father was eaten alive in front of him and he had no idea what to do, thinking the people were still alive. Although that changed soon after when he found out, that there was no police left to punish him. And that these people were all actually dead. He still has the truck his father had drove them in and the camping gear that was still on the truck. Along with weapons.

It took him nearly a day to wander out of the forest the same way they had come in finally finding the truck and going out to the town to get some help. Only to find that it was worse out here than it was in there. 

Inventory:
4 changes of clothes.
Two Rain Jackets
Sleeping bag
Tarp Tent
Binoculars
Camera- Nikon point and shoot.
Spotting Scope, Vortex Viper HD
First Aid kit.
GPS- Garmin Dakota 20
Rokslide Kill Kit.
Stove and fuel for it.
Backpack.
Boots
Sogfari 10’ Tanto Machete
Folding knife.
Schrade Axe         
Browning A5 Shotgun. With 30 rounds.
Remington 700 VLS scoped. With 90 .308 winchester rounds
Truck

Picture

Amarlo

PZE OOC

Just because I couldn't find it through this thread for some reason I figured I'd add it for those like me =P Late to the party.

Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

BellaVita

Quote from: Amarlo on July 09, 2015, 10:27:46 AM
PZE OOC

Just because I couldn't find it through this thread for some reason I figured I'd add it for those like me =P Late to the party.

It's actually in the first post on the IC thread :D

Amarlo

Quote from: BellaVita on July 09, 2015, 11:01:38 AM
It's actually in the first post on the IC thread :D

You guy should edit the first posts to add them :P For ease of finding.

Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

BellaVita

Quote from: Amarlo on July 09, 2015, 11:32:31 AM
You guy should edit the first posts to add them :P For ease of finding.

Yeah, the IC thread was the only one I made... Hanged needs to do it to his xD

Tytus

Tytus Hale

Foxfyr

Name: Vincent Kincaid

Noteworthy Skills: Blacksmithing, metalworking, and most anything that involves fire and/or metal.  He’s also not too bad with handling melee weapons.

Personality: Doing his best to go with the flow of things even though the current of the world has become very turbulent.  Fortunately his sense of humor and sarcasm helps to insulate his mind from the true direness of his situation.

What is the worst thing you have done during this crisis, and what have you gained from it?: Immediately after giving the stranger a hand-forged machete, the man’s greedy gaze flicked towards the rest of the things in Vincent’s SUV.  There was only the slightest hesitation as the man drew back his weapon hand and brought it to bear against its creator; that moment provided Vincent just enough time to duck under the strike.  Before the man could recover for another attempt, Vincent had his own weapon in hand – his heavy smithing hammer – and landed a forceful impact on the side of the man’s kneecap.  Vincent would never forget the sickening wet popping sound as the joint gave way to the blow, causing the man to collapse to the ground, clutch his crippled knee, and cry out in agony.  It was enough noise to draw walkers for miles.  Vincent only considered his options for a few scant moments before jumping back in his vehicle and leaving the man to his fate as the dread moans of the undead were already starting to carry in the wind.

Though he couldn’t know for certain what became of the stranger, it seemed unlikely he would have been able to get away from the encroaching horde with only one good leg even with the machete that Vincent had left with him.  Though he wasn’t proud of his actions, he at least felt reassured by his survival instinct and his act of compassion even to those who wished harm upon him.  Crippling the man was out of self-defense, but he wasn’t going to be foolish enough to pull him in his vehicle nor heartless enough to leave him entirely defenseless.

What is the kindest thing you have done during this crisis, and what did it cost you?: In the early days of the chaos, Vincent had discovered a group of people had sought shelter from the walking dead in the museum adjacent to his workshop; the thick stone walls and scant windows likely as appealing to them as they were to him.  Even though the city was small by most standards, it was still a city and had far too many zombies for him to ever feel safe.  Once he finished the task of loading his equipment into his SUV, he bundled over a dozen weapons and another dozen knives in a heavy blanket and halted his evacuation long enough to drop the cache on the museum’s large stoop before pulling away.

It cost him the lion’s share of weapons he had at his disposal, but at the same time he couldn’t be sure what those people would have had to defend themselves with.  A dozen weapons in a dozen hands would be far more useful than a dozen weapons rattling unused in the back of his vehicle.

History: Vincent came from your typical suburban nuclear family; he did well in school, had a modest core of friends, and otherwise lived an ordinary childhood.  At least until his junior year of high school when his parents starting applying the pressure of college preparation.  The notion of planning out the next four or five decades of his life by choosing a career and spending thousands upon thousands of dollars to pursue it rubbed him the wrong way.  It ran counter to his more spontaneous personality who rather focus on the short-term future than lock himself onto a set path for the rest of his life.

The news was not well received when he finally broke under the pressure and decided he wasn’t going to college.  Vincent could feel the disappointment from his parents as he became the black sheep of the family.  During the last year of high school, he stumbled across an advertisement for crafting classes being taught at a nearby museum and the blacksmithing classes quickly caught his attention.  He fell in love with the trade from day one and immediately enrolled as an apprentice after high school.  The next several years he bounced around from part-time job to part-time job while honing his craft and making money on the side selling commission pieces.

Inventory:
On Person

*Duffel bag
*8lb. Hammer
*Hatchet
*Knife (made from a railroad spike)
*Small first-aid kit
*Leather welding jacket
*Jeans
*Steel-toed work boots
*Safety glasses
*Welding gloves
*Face mask
*Bandana
*Box of matches
*6 pack of cigarette lighters
*(4)Bottles of water
*Jar of peanut butter
*Package of jerky
*Box of Cliff bars
*Can opener
*LED Flashlight

In SUV

*45lb. Anvil
*(4)Bags of coal
*(2)Bags of sand
*Duffel bag with miscellaneous tools (hammers, files, screw drivers, etc)
*(2)Axes
*(7)Knives
*(2)Short Swords/Machetes
*Hatchet
*Spear
*Tongs
*(3)Cans Spaghetti-Os
*8pk AA Batteries

Picture

BellaVita

@Tytus - I look forward to it :D

@Loki - I approve! Welcome to the show ;)

TheHangedOne

Hey there, Loki. He's lookin' pretty cool. Welcome to the game! Feel free to post the sheet to the sheet thread, then pop into the OOC and introduce yourself to the other stars of this grim show.
Check out my poet tree!

BellaVita

Quote from: TheHangedMan on July 09, 2015, 07:46:35 PM
Hey there, Loki. He's lookin' pretty cool. Welcome to the game! Feel free to post the sheet to the sheet thread, then pop into the OOC and introduce yourself to the other stars of this grim show.

Speaking of OOC, Hanged could you post the links to the other threads at the opening post of all our RPs (CS thread, this thread, OOC thread) like this:

QuoteLinks to the other threads:
Recruitment Thread
Character Sheets
OOC Thread

Of course if it is that thread, you don't have to link to it obviously, but you get the idea. :P  It just makes it easier for new players to know where everything is!

Tytus

Name: Marion Ellis Rivette

Noteworthy Skills: Self sufficient with good survival skills. He is smarter than he gives himself credit for.

Personality: Ellis has commitment, abandonment and trust issues. While he will not run out on you in a fight, he does believe in self preservation. He know a “lost cause” when sees one.

What is the worst thing you have done during this crisis, and what have you gained from it?: The worst was two things actually, the first being he watched as a follow scavenger got ambushed and eaten. There was nothing he could have done to help, just too many of the infected. Ellis searched the small farm for what he could find and then when back and took the dead mans backpack. The second was when he came across a band of thieves who had taken a family hostage, a mother, father and teenage daughter and a young boy. He watched as the father and boy took bullets to their heads and the mother and daughter were brutally raped. The dead must have heard the shots because within minutes, they swarmed the thieves’ camp. Ellis has learned several things for his recent experiences; if you screw up, you get eaten; never waste a bullet and this world is no place for a woman or the young. But sometimes fortune smiles on you, case in point, the dead man’s backpack.

What is the kindest thing you have done during this crisis, and what did it cost you?: The kindest thing is another two edged sword for Ellis. He had spied a small group of survivors one day and trailed them until dark. After they had settled down for the night and their lone sentry had fallen asleep, Ellis could have easily slipped into their camp and robbed them or killed them. But he did not and gave up getting any food or useful goods that they may have had. Which now in hindsight, may have been the crudest thing he had ever done. Two days later he saw them again, but this time it was in the thieves’ camp.

History: Marion Ellis Rivette, goes by Ellis. Born and raised in south Louisiana, being self reliant and having good survival skills was a must. As a youth, he had hunted the backwoods and swamps and had fished every hole that held water.
It was said that his mother had been a pretty woman, but he didn’t know, she had run off with a slick talking traveling salesman the year after Ellis was born, or so said people around town. Ellis and his three year older sister had to grow up fast, fending for them selves. Their dad did the best he could but a man with two small children had very limited job prospects. Then when Ellis was fifteen, his sister graduated from the local high school and the next day walked away, not even a “good-bye”, Ellis was crushed.
That same year, his father became seriously ill, maybe his sister knew the old man was sick and she didn’t want to deal with it. After all she had already raised her little brother. Ellis couldn’t be sure but it made her leaving easier to take. Trapped in a life not of his choosing, his only escape was his love of reading and he read any and everything he could get his hands on. 
Ellis made passing grades and played sports in high school, but never excelled in either. His senior year, the school councilors told him he was at the end of the road, not college material was how they had put it and his best choices were the oilfields or the shrimp boats. Neither of which caught his interest. His father hung on until a year after his graduation and then past quietly in his sleep. But it all had taken a toll on Ellis, first his mother then his sister then watching his father slowly waste away and the physiological damage was done.
For the next year, he did little of nothing, catching the occasional odd job working on a neighbor's farm or operating heavy equipment, (dozers, backhoes, and skid-steers)if it had wheels or tracks on it he could drive it. But mostly hunting and fishing and mope around the house. That was until he was in the local curb store buying beer when he noticed a flyer about learning to drive semi trucks.
For the last seven years he had crisscrossed the country, seeing the country through a windshield. That is until the outbreak happened. Ellis bumped the semi just out of St. Martinsville; the trucks noise attracted too much attention from the living and the infected. He headed back to the old homestead, on the off chance that his sister might have decided to check in on him and their dad. As far as Ellis knew she had never gotten word about the old man's death.
Things were bad real bad, it was a Cajun/Redneck war, shooting at anything they saw as a threat and everything seemed to be a threat to them. After he found no sign of his sister, Ellis decided to head North, thinking that the colder winter might kill off some of the infected or at the very least slow them down.

Inventory: What is your character carrying with them? Try and keep it realistic. Include any weapons they have, and make sure to keep track of your inventory as the game goes on; we will.
Back pack containing;                                                                                                          First-Aid Kit with the following items:                                                                                     (2- 1/2 oz tubes of triple antibiotic ointment; 1- 1/2 oz tube of mouth sore gel; 1- 1/2 oz bottle of eye relief wash; 1- 4 oz bottle of Benadryl gel; 1- 3 oz antiseptic spray; 1- 16 oz bottle, half full, Isopropyl Alcohol; 1- 8 oz bottle Petroleum Jelly, 4- 1/8 oz burn cream; 8 small packets of antiseptic moist towelettes; 1- roll of gauze; 20 - large band-aids; 1- half full bag of cough drops; 1- 4 oz antimicrobial skin cleaner; 1- 4 oz tube of muscle pain relief cream, 1- 4 oz bottle stomach relief , the pink stuff; 1- 250 tablet bottle aspirin; small scissors, 2- spools fishing line, (1- 5# test , 1- 25# test); 3- curved sewing needles;  tooth paste and tooth brush.)
1 roll duct tape
8 assorted lighters from almost empty to full
3 windup alarm clocks
1 bottle of water
2 candles
1 can of mixed fruit
2 cans Spam
1 canteen; ½ full water
1 jar of peanut butter; ½ eaten
1 P38 military can opener
4 small cans Boost
22 caliber rifle with 4x scope
22 caliber semi auto pistol
1000 rounds 22 caliber ammo
2 pair jeans
2 white undershirts
2 long sleeve work shirts
3 pairs of socks
1 pair work boots
3 pair underwear.
1 Hooded pullover sweatshirt
1 multi-tool
1 pair leather gloves
1 straight razor
1 Ka-bar knife
1 bottle whiskey (3/4 full)
50' paracord
2 paperback books with pages missing
8' x 10' tarp
1 lightweight blanket
1 thermal lined zip front rain jacket
1- bottom of a soda can (polished to almost mirror finish)                                                                               
Tytus Hale

BellaVita

Looks great Tytus! Do you have a picture or artwork you wanna attach to your post though? If you need help looking for one I can help, just send me a PM :D

TheHangedOne

It is done, Bella! Beware of threadception.
Check out my poet tree!

Foxfyr

Should I wait for a story post to introduce Vincent to the story or am I free to do so?

TheHangedOne

Quote from: Loki Aesir on July 09, 2015, 08:23:36 PM
Should I wait for a story post to introduce Vincent to the story or am I free to do so?
Feel free to post where he is, and I will respond to it with a Story Teller post. If you need an idea, look at some of the other first posts others have made.
Check out my poet tree!

BellaVita

Quote from: TheHangedMan on July 09, 2015, 08:05:20 PM
It is done, Bella! Beware of threadception.

lol, I think I even saw Xzibit around here somewhere  :P

TheHangedOne

Quote from: BellaVita on July 09, 2015, 08:40:55 PM
lol, I think I even saw Xzibit around here somewhere  :P

I put a thread in your thread so you can post while you post!
Check out my poet tree!

TheHangedOne

Looks good to me, Dark. The only question I have, is about what time into the infection did he leave the forest and come back to the outside world? Just to keep chronology consistent.

basic chronology:
Week 0: Lots of people getting sick. Nobody particularly gives a damn, except the news, who do their typical fear-mongering scare tactic things.
Week 1: Cases of cannibalism begin. Some news sources blame the drug "bath salts", others start talking about zombies. Civil unrest starts to increase. This is true of North America, as well as Europe.
Week 2: Cannibalism is rampant. Rumors abound of police departments suffering fatalities, as well as street executions. State of emergency declared, followed by a declaration of martial law, and the mobilization of national guard units. Curfews are enforced, camps are established, but they have little effect. Europe attempts similar measures, but has no more success. Supply chains are, for the most part, severed, as few people are bothering to go into work.
Week 3: Everything goes to hell. Guard units are taking heavy losses, moreso from "anarchists" than "infected" (Paranoia in the states; gun nuts and paranoid conspiracy theorists were convinced this was the evil plan of the New World Order, or whatever. "FEMA death camps", etc.) . It's the end of week 2, beginning of week 3, where civilization collapses. Panic, rioting, looting, complete disruption of the supply chain, orgies of blood and violence (including massive gunfights between "militias" and the Guardsmen). Communications go down (save for things like satellite phones).
Week 4: The dust settles. The country is outnumbered, 20 to 1, the undead to the still-living. Lots of power grids down, communications networks are down (satellite phones still working, of course). The game starts at the tail end of week 4. 
Check out my poet tree!

DarkAngel111

I would say they were in there somewhere around the end of Week 0 till End of week 1. That is when his father gets bitten. Or rather eaten seeing as they were in their hunting, they were firing shots without knowing there were other dangerous things too. He makes a run for it while he is getting eaten.

He gets out of the forest When things are pretty much fallen into chaos.That is week 2. He is only still figuring out what is going on at that time.

sounds good?.

TheHangedOne

Quote from: DarkAngel111 on July 11, 2015, 10:17:59 AM
I would say they were in there somewhere around the end of Week 0 till End of week 1. That is when his father gets bitten. Or rather eaten seeing as they were in their hunting, they were firing shots without knowing there were other dangerous things too. He makes a run for it while he is getting eaten.

He gets out of the forest When things are pretty much fallen into chaos.That is week 2. He is only still figuring out what is going on at that time.

sounds good?.
Yeah, that makes sense.
Check out my poet tree!