Started by Skynet, December 05, 2015, 06:16:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haymitch

Anyone else playing the Division on PC?

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Haymitch on March 09, 2016, 12:13:26 PM
Anyone else playing the Division on PC?

I am as well as Outlaw_Fallen.
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

Haymitch

Draguzul is my tag. I don't play as much as I want to play... lol

Skynet

The newest Star Fox games are offering an invincible mode triggered a lot of negativity. It's optional.

I don't have strong opinions, but I recall a similar option and reaction over the White Tanuki suit in Super Mario 3D world.

Skynet

Haven't updated this thing in a long time, wow!

Anyways, March 30th Square Enix had a big event for Final Fantasy. It's a long video and I haven't watched the whole thing, but here it is (video proper begins at 5:50 mark).

Skip to 1:02:38 to the presentation proper.

TotesRider

Uppers isn't canceled and Takaki has stated his wishes to localize it in the west.
LONG LIVE BEAT EM UPS!!!

Skynet

Also, the largest vanilla server for World of WarCraft has been shut down by Blizzard today.

A vanilla server is basically playing World of WarCraft how it was back in the early days of 2004, without all the expansions. Blizzard hasn't been very fond of this in spite of its popularity of 150,000 active players strong. Since the people running it aren't making money off of it, this decision hasn't left a good taste in the mouths of many people.

Far eyes

They do that sporadically, it almost seems like its something they do every time somebody wakes up and goes "oh wait whats the date"
What a man says: "Through roleplaying, I want to explore the reality of the female experience and gain a better understanding of what it means to be a woman."

What he means: "I like lesbians".
A/A
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=180557.0

Revelation

I know a couple of people utterly outraged over the nostalrius shutdown. I don't think it was wrong of blizz to shut them down - it is in their legal rights and they are obligated to protect their IP. Still, the server lasted for over a year and it was quite huge.

Skynet

Final Fantasy IX is now for sale on Steam.

It's pretty good so far, and doesn't feel like the hatchet job that previous FF games on Steam were (see III's reviews for a good example). Right now I clocked 5 hours into it, and so far I've not encountered any bugs, crashes, or playability problems. They also implemented new features, such as an alternate character naming screen which looks nice, and a mouse-based movement mode where you click on an area and Zidane goes to it.

Being one of my favorite Final Fantasies, I'm really happy to see that Square-Enix didn't fuck this one up.

TotesRider

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLpMVqRYxHA

A really interesting game showed up on Greenlight. Basically like a third person version of For Honor but with what what looks like Character Action type mechanics. Color me impressed. And with it being an Asian group, I can hope it doesn't have Arkham style combat. Yes apparently i'm one of the few that doesn't like that style of combat that much <~<

CaptainNexus616

You know I haven't really been excited for an FF game besides VII in a long time? X was my second favorite and I never bothered with XIII but....I played the demo for XV...

I

Am

Hyped

It was really fun and the graphics really feel like what I have been waiting for to see appear on my PS4 since I bought it.

It played like a Kingdom Hearts game

The story while a classic cliche scenario seems to have a solid and good base to work with.

Plus I really am excited to see what it will be like travelling the world in the Regilla car in this game.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ FLIP THIS TABLE.
┻━┻ ︵ ヽ(°□°ヽ) FLIP THAT TABLE.
┻━┻ ︵ \(`Д´)/ ︵ ┻━┻ FLIP ALL THE TABLES
▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ Sorry, I just dropped my bag of Doritos in my signature again. ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄┐( °ー ° )┌

Oniya

"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Zekromnomnom

I haven't been following many big games much lately, but I have kind of checked in on FF XV every once in a while. But I apparently didn't look for quite a bit because the one trailer with all the driving? Pretty surprising to me. But KH-like battles sounds right up my alley. I thought that was a more natural direction to go for the series than whatever XIII did. That felt like they were trying to be real time without actually doing it, you know?

But I probably won't have a PS4 for another year at least.

Oniya

Nostalrius admins invited to meeting with Blizzard.

Not my wheelhouse of gaming, but I thought others might be interested.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Inkidu

New 40K Dawn of War to be revealed tomorrow

In the grim, dark future of May 3rd, there will only be war!

alt:

For the Emperor, one more time!

alt:

'Ere we go! 'Ere we go! 'Ere we go!
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

TotesRider

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKZtJmt85ns

New Persona Trailer showing off some new playable characters. I CAN'T GOD DAMN WAAAAAAIIIIIIT!!!

Revelation

Quote from: TotesRider on May 06, 2016, 08:59:29 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKZtJmt85ns

New Persona Trailer showing off some new playable characters. I CAN'T GOD DAMN WAAAAAAIIIIIIT!!!

The wait for it is going to be so damn agonizing!

HairyHeretic

New Battlefield is going to be a WW1 setting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7nRTF2SowQ
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Lustful Bride

Quote from: HairyHeretic on May 06, 2016, 03:26:36 PM
New Battlefield is going to be a WW1 setting

Call of Duty went to the future while Battlefield went to the Past.....fascinating.

I personally was hoping the next game would have been set during the Korean War.

(I heard a rumor that it could have involved the 65th Infantry Regiment, the last unit to sucesfully make a Bayonett charge in history. Their story alone is an amazing last stand, that had an unhappy ending with them being mass court martialed due to "cowardice" and possibly from racism in the superior ranks.)

HairyHeretic

I was watching the stream of it. There'd been rumours for a while it was a WW1 thing, due to an accidental bit of info leaked on some game store. I can't remember exactly what it was now. Game is out in October.

I saw the CoD trailer the other day as well, and it looks interesting.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Lustful Bride

Apparently the man from the Battlefield 1 trailer wearing the amazing cape is going to be part of a future planned DLC involving the Harlem Hellfighters.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

UghI hate how so much Good content gets cutout and made into DLC to squeeze more money out of you. I already bought the game, just give me the full thing! We should only have to pay chump change for cosmetic stuff and pay a lot of money for Expansion packs. I don't usually complain about this kind of stuff but im starting to get real sick of their cheap money grubbing tactics.

Excelsior

I'm sort of sick of how this generation and the past number of years have been all about futuristic junk. COD: Infinite Warfare doesn't seem much different than Blacks Op 3, just going out in space (which I agree seems interesting watching the trailer, space combat that is) but I been dying for a revisit to WWII (or at least some historical conflict). Mainly because I gotten sick of a lot of the gimmicky combat in Multiplayer that is just short of  ripping off Halo. This is funny because about a decade or so ago, I was complaining how I'm sick of seeing how these WWII FPS and wanted more modern. Now I'm complaining I'm sick of seeing all these high-tech FPS, go figure.

But this is actually my biggest wish come true when it comes to FPS. I been dying for a legitimate A+ Title that is WWI FPS. Watching that Battlefield Trailer, I know what game I'm getting in October. WWI is such a fascinating war. The war came at a time where killing efficiency of weapons outpaced the development of tactics and medicine. WWI is more than just trench warfare, because outside the Western Front, there was a lot of cavalry battles and movement in other theatres.

Hopefully the combat comes down to more skill based and straight shooting  that I have come to miss from the genre as of late.

Mathim

Don't know if anyone else here plays, but it seems like the Paper Mario franchise might be irreparably warped by Nintendo. Instead of getting back into its roots, the newest entry, Color Splash, is going to be more of a sequel to Sticker Star rather than a return to form. But then, it's on a handheld and not a console, so maybe the next one they put out on the Wii U or the NX will be a true Paper Mario 3. But I won't hold my breath.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).