Any Wow-Heads out there?

Started by Anony Mouse, June 14, 2010, 12:09:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheGlyphstone

Repent, all ye ungrateful sinners and ninjas, for the Patch Days are nigh! Let he who is without Salty cast the first fishing pole, for when the Cataclysm comes, none shall be spared from Blizzard's Wrath!

Wolfy

Quote from: Aiden on October 11, 2010, 10:17:17 PM
4.01 hits tomorrow, new talents, points everything to set up for Cata!

Supposedly. o3o I have yet to see an official note from Blizzard, so it's still just speculation.

But one can hope. :D

TheGlyphstone

They've announced a 12 hour downtime session for all American servers starting Tuesday at midnight PST. What else could that be for?

Euro servers get it on Wednesday of course.

Wolfy

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on October 11, 2010, 10:26:28 PM
They've announced a 12 hour downtime session for all American servers starting Tuesday at midnight PST. What else could that be for?

Euro servers get it on Wednesday of course.

A 12 hour party session at the offices? o3o

In any case...Can't wait...be a perfect time to start up a warlock...no soul shard farming, and Felguard at level 10. :D

Zaer Darkwail

You could level warlock to 10th level ready for the patch ;). I leveled my priest to 69 so it can be holy with 31pt talent.

Anycase I think Callie would despite me most as I rolled out a blood elf death knigth (Rolled first belf for TBC to play as paladin, and rolled 6 other alts too as I liked lore of the race plus male chars look gorgeous in any armor they wear). Overtime altough I got upset but learned live with metrosexual brand what blood elves have got. So in sense it's great race for laughs if you can laugh to yourself, like in these two vids;

World of Warcraft Machinima: Among The Blood Elves, Days 1-2

World of Warcraft Machinima: Among The Blood Elves; Days 3-4

Aiden

the patch had been confirmed by the blues, so it is coming tomorrow.

Wolfy

Quote from: Aiden on October 11, 2010, 11:19:40 PM
the patch had been confirmed by the blues, so it is coming tomorrow.

Sweeeeets. o3o

Kytn

I so hate waiting on patch days. >< I think I'll end up starting at the clock until the servers are supposed to be up again. Just three hours and 44 minutes to go! XD
Updates coming soon!

TheGlyphstone

50% and counting, and Imma goin' shopping. Should be done when I get back.

Callie Del Noire

I hate to be a Nancy Negative (channeling my inner ned flanders) but since WHEN has a major patch day gone down without a hitch? It's SUPPOSED to be 12 hours.. I'm betting if you get on by the 18 hour mark, you'll be lucky.

Kytn

Shhh, I'm trying not to think about that. XP
Updates coming soon!

Aiden

The patch is about 5 gigs, so if you have not started downloading you should, if not you are gonna be very annoyed when servers are up and you are still downloading.

Kytn

Don't worry, I'm downloading. =3 In the meantime, I've been playing with the talent calculator on MMO Champion. I think I've got my warlock's destro spec figured out. Still not too sure about my pally though. =/
Updates coming soon!

Zaer Darkwail

What's your lock level and pally level and present gear?

Kytn

Both are 80. The pally's holy spec is ICC ready, her ret spec needs some work. Warlock is also ICC ready, just shy of a 3k wow-heroes gear score.
Updates coming soon!

Zaer Darkwail

Well, I came up with these two specs based on my experience and knowlegde;

Demo lock spec based on 80 level char;
http://wowtal.com/#k=fUuWYA62.a5o.warlock.REaJe2
You could swap metamorph for immolation glyph maybe, but guess it's better stick little longer as demo than +10 more dmg to immolate (when you already got talent to boost it).

Retri palla;
http://wowtal.com/#k=fbjrhiD.a5o.paladin.-U-HyH

Selfless healer is personal perk of mine, I think it would improve your game play able to throw a free heal sometimes on someone in critical situation. Perhaps create macro so it targets the tank (as tank does not need be full 100% of the time). With luck you loose not any holy power doing so and get freebie holy power bonus. If overhealing much you could replace one major glyphs with holy word one to allow make initial heal less but hot much stronger.

Kytn

For the warlock, I think I'm going with this destro spec.

I haven't decided if my second spec will be affliction of demon yet, though. =/
Updates coming soon!

Wolfy

I've heard that the actual install is 14 GB, because it creates a ****load of Temporary files....if that's the case...I'm ****ed. D:

So..I hope that's not the case.

Anyway...updating right now.

I am wondering why it's installing BC stuff, though. O_o

Kytn

Some graphic elements were updated, like the look of water. Plus all the gear stat changes. So I guess that's why it would install BC stuff?
Updates coming soon!

Wolfy

I suppose. o-o..it obviously hasn't started to install any new stuff besides the updates, as I still have 9.01 GB of storage left....I just hope that 14GB thing was untrue. T_T

Wolfy

What would 4 PM PDT be in Central time? O-o

cause..yeah... I might just go take a nap.

Wolfy

O-o....are the servers up yet?

TheGlyphstone

*hands Wolfy a card for Wowaholics Anonymous, then slinks off to check server status*

Kytn

Ugh, why are they still down? D=
*goes to make dinner and prays they'll be up when she gets back*
Updates coming soon!

Wolfy

According to blizzard....They should be up in an hour maybe? *shrugs* O-o...This patch is changing a hell of alot of stuff, soo...