Cape Providence ~ Prison For The Criminally Insane

Started by MarissaSeraphOfInsanity, December 26, 2011, 08:19:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DomShark

As far as I'm concerned, both Haven and Heavens Beacon will have the protection and cooperation of the Skulls. At least until something changes.
I've been in a rut lately, but I'm working on catching up. Sorry for any delay.

Kaya

Quote from: CurvyKitten on January 02, 2012, 06:01:34 AM
And probably a safe haven for newbies, making deals with some of the gangs to help them out or send people their way if she thinks they'll fit in.

Pavati would probably have a deal with Vixen to send newcomers who fit to the Tribe her way. In return, the Tribe might make life difficult for those who cross Vixen.

Senti

Well Amelia is a newcomer to the facility.

Whether anyone is aware of who she is or her crimes is not up too myself, though she was rather grim so they may have been published?

At present she has her own agenda. The Reckoning...

MarissaSeraphOfInsanity

Quote from: DomShark on January 02, 2012, 06:18:32 AM
As far as I'm concerned, both Haven and Heavens Beacon will have the protection and cooperation of the Skulls. At least until something changes.
Just remember there are a LOT of gangs at Cape Providence and even the Industrial District alone with have quite a few rivals you'll need to contend with. Since Haven is in the Residential District it's possible for you to send a few people there without spreading yourself too thin. Heaven's Beacon on the other hand has its greatest defence in its extreme isolation. It's out of the way and holds no value apart from a sanctuary and hiding place. Since it has quite a few defenders of its own I imagine the only major concerns they would ever have are a defeated gang that was forced out of town and needed somewhere to bunker up or maybe Pavati's Tribe since they roam between the Beacon and the city proper.

Quote from: Senti on January 02, 2012, 06:21:38 AM
Well Amelia is a newcomer to the facility.

Whether anyone is aware of who she is or her crimes is not up too myself, though she was rather grim so they may have been published?

At present she has her own agenda. The Reckoning...
There's a complete communications blackout when it comes to news of the outside world and anyone coming in by boat. The only time people only the island will get tipped off about someone else coming before hand is if Dr. Kaine orders that information "leaked" for some reason.
"She is all the great heroines of the world in one. She is more than an individual. I love her, and I must make her love me. I want to make Romeo jealous. I want the dead lovers of the world to hear our laughter, and grow sad. I want a breath of our passion to stir dust into consciousness, to wake their ashes in pain."

Can You Cast Me Far From Grace? ~ Ons and Offs (WIP)

Sic Transit Seraphim ~ Apologies, Absences and Admiral Ackbar

CurvyKitten

I thought Haven was in the Residential District...it can be where ever I guess though. Which ever works best for the GM is fine by me.

MarissaSeraphOfInsanity

I said it was in the Residential District, silly bum XD
"She is all the great heroines of the world in one. She is more than an individual. I love her, and I must make her love me. I want to make Romeo jealous. I want the dead lovers of the world to hear our laughter, and grow sad. I want a breath of our passion to stir dust into consciousness, to wake their ashes in pain."

Sanai

I suppose you need more menfolk for this dont you?
What have I become?
My Sweetest Friend..
Everyone I know..
Goes Away in the End.
You Could have it All...
My Empire of Dirt
I will Let you down...
I will make you Hurt.

CurvyKitten

Yes...hmm I may post the link in my other group threads to see about drumming up some of these men folk you speak off.

MarissaSeraphOfInsanity

Quote from: CurvyKitten on January 02, 2012, 07:03:55 AM
I blame migraine...nods sagely.
*Plants a very soft, tender kiss on your forehead* I hope you feel better soon.

Quote from: Sanai on January 02, 2012, 07:10:12 AM
I suppose you need more menfolk for this dont you?
Why, with so many frightened, vulnerable womenfolk around a few more strong, powerful men wouldn't go astray.

Quote from: CurvyKitten on January 02, 2012, 07:14:13 AM
Yes...hmm I may post the link in my other group threads to see about drumming up some of these men folk you speak off.
Thank you bebeh, I'd appreciate that. The more the merrier! ;D

Senti

Well Amelia is so sweet and innocent she will need a strong man...

CurvyKitten

Quote from: MarissaSeraphOfInsanity on January 02, 2012, 07:23:09 AM
*Plants a very soft, tender kiss on your forehead* I hope you feel better soon.

Thank you bebeh, I'd appreciate that. The more the merrier! ;D

Purrs and curls up all cute kitta like~ done and posted as well.

Senti

I will see if I can poke a few players...

i would whore out my game here but I am a good girl.

Kokaine

Hmm...seems interesting. May have a character concept for you if you'll have me. Just need to decide between male or female.
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

MarissaSeraphOfInsanity

Quote from: CurvyKitten on January 02, 2012, 07:34:30 AM
Purrs and curls up all cute kitta like~ done and posted as well.
Aww, you're so flipping adorable! *Cuddles you until you feel better*

Quote from: Senti on January 02, 2012, 07:53:16 AM

Thank you bebeh. There are still a few people who've expressed interest who should hopefully put some character sheets up soon as well.

Quote from: Kokaine on January 02, 2012, 08:18:32 AM
Hmm...seems interesting. May have a character concept for you if you'll have me. Just need to decide between male or female.
I'd be delighted to have you. Feel free to choose whatever gender you want. I'm sure we'll end up with plenty of both soon enough.

Kokaine

Quote from: MarissaSeraphOfInsanity on January 02, 2012, 08:22:00 AM
I'd be delighted to have you. Feel free to choose whatever gender you want. I'm sure we'll end up with plenty of both soon enough.

Awesome. Well then I will have a CS up for you sometime today ^^
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

CurvyKitten

Quote from: MarissaSeraphOfInsanity on January 02, 2012, 08:22:00 AM
Aww, you're so flipping adorable! *Cuddles you until you feel better*

Is official purring lap kitta~ hehe can you tell I get silly with lack of sleep and migraines? ~curls up to go to sleep~

If anyone wants more of a connection let me know always fun to have BG ties.

bubby

.....um....maybe? I could do male as well...but he'd be homosexual. Is that ok?

Oi....this is such an interesting concept, but I don't want to stretch myself too thin...*Shakes fist at Marissa*..oooohhh yyuuuu!!

kitakaze

I'm writing up a male character, fresh off the boat, I'll get it posted for review asap! :3
My O/O's and A/A's
I have taken the Oath of Drake

So silent, no violence,
but inside my head so loud and clear you're screaming...
You're screaming
Covered up with a smile I've learned to fear

Cadavar

Quote from: Senti on January 02, 2012, 07:53:16 AM

Consider me poked. If it is all good with the others I was thinking of a Guardian/Priest type who looks over Amelia (Senti’s character) or indeed anyone who wants him to watch over them too.

Preacher

Sex: Male
Eyes: blue
Hair: Short/Blonde
Height: 5'11"
Build: Lean and muscular
Orientation: Straightish

Personality: When the mood takes him, he is a teacher to many, who will listen. Joseph as he was once known gathers whaffs and strays and tries to bring them to his way of thinking, which was once holy but is now more about survival.

Biography: Still believing that he was wrongly accused of something considerably less holy than his former profession, in his past, he now resides on Cape Providence. His mind, like it was then is still divided as he remembers nothing of the incident that brought him here and since that day, on occasion, he still has blackouts only to find similar or far worse situations around him upon his refocus.

Psychiatric Record: Dissociative identity disorder (DID) or so he has been told. Something about it being a condition in which a person displays multiple distinct identities, each with its own pattern of perceiving and interacting with the environment. In his notes that he has not seen, it is suggested that he has at least two personalities routinely take control of his behavior with an associated memory loss that goes beyond normal forgetfulness.

Criminal Record: With only one crime under his belt, or so they tell him, and due to the severity of such he was sent to Cape Providence for the rest of his life

Time Served: Preacher has been on Cape Providence for almost ten years now.

Skills: Leadership, Marksmanship, Motorcycle Handling and Repair, Stitching and Patchwork (Others to follow)

MarissaSeraphOfInsanity

Quote from: Kokaine on January 02, 2012, 08:54:57 AM
Awesome. Well then I will have a CS up for you sometime today ^^
Great, I can't wait to check out what you come up with.

Quote from: CurvyKitten on January 02, 2012, 09:45:40 AM
Is official purring lap kitta~ hehe can you tell I get silly with lack of sleep and migraines? ~curls up to go to sleep~

If anyone wants more of a connection let me know always fun to have BG ties.
Tee hee, I guess I'll have to try and keep you up more often then. *Bats her eyelashes*

Quote from: bubby on January 02, 2012, 12:35:22 PM
.....um....maybe? I could do male as well...but he'd be homosexual. Is that ok?

Oi....this is such an interesting concept, but I don't want to stretch myself too thin...*Shakes fist at Marissa*..oooohhh yyuuuu!!
It would be pretty hypocritical of me to refuse a character that had the hots for their own gender XD

Thanks, I'm glad you like it. Don't feel obligated to if you have too much on your plate already. I'm happy to continue accepting players even once we enter the game but at that point everyone has to be a new arrival by boat.

Quote from: kitakaze on January 02, 2012, 03:39:29 PM
I'm writing up a male character, fresh off the boat, I'll get it posted for review asap! :3
Wonderful! Our large group of ladyfolk will be delighted XD

Quote from: Cadavar on January 02, 2012, 03:49:56 PM
Consider me poked. If it is all good with the others I was thinking of a Guardian/Priest type who looks over Amelia (Senti’s character) or indeed anyone who wants him to watch over them too.
Hey Cadaver, I'm going to need you to flesh out that bio for me. I use the biographies as something of an in-universe record for Dr. Kaine, who would have complete access to all legal, government and pyschological records. I'll need you to say what his crime was as well, thanks.

North of 60°

WOW...

I wish I had time for this, but I don't think I can commit to participating, I hope you won't mind having one interested reader though :)

Love the idea Marissa
If she's amazing, she won't be easy. If she's easy, she won't be amazing. If she's worth it, you won't give up. If you give up, you're not worthy.

"Sex is like snow. You never know how many inches youre going to get or how long it will last."

MarissaSeraphOfInsanity

Aww, you'll be missed!

Thanks heaps, this is my first roleplay I'm GM'ing so I hope it turns out okay. I'm glad you're interested enough to follow it! *Swoons from all the sweet, delicious compliments*

Since we're getting a lot of people jumping in I'm going to throw up an OOC and a page for Character Sheets later today. Then when those last few character sheets get thrown in I'll put up the actual thread although people are still welcome to join at any point after that.

Reia

Holy heck y'all have been busy! It's a bit late for me - but what I've glance through looks good. I'll read through everything more closely tomorrow and give better input.
[tr][td]

Updated: 03/24/19
[/td][td]
Updated: 06/24/12
[/td][td]
Updated: 07/20/15
[/td][td]
Posted: 11/24/14
[/td][td]
Updated: 03/04/19
[/td][/tr][/table]

kitakaze

Name: Joseph "Ace" McCarthy

Sex: Male
Orientation: Straight

Physical Description: 
Common descriptions of Joseph include: well kept brown hair, a medium build with good posture, a friendly smile, and sharp brown eyes. Standing at 5' 11" and weighing 148lbs, he is on the tall side of average, but hardly an imposing figue. True to his outwardly friendly and open character, Joseph keeps himself as presentable as possible, though it is also partly due to his obsessive need for keeping things properly arranged.

Personality:
Joseph comes across as a confident, socially minded individual, always ready to meet new people and help others where he can. He blends himself into nearly any social situation or clique with ease, displaying extrordinary empathy and a thorough understanding of human nature.
Inwardly, however, as with any clinical psychopath he is neither able to relate to, nor feel emotions as other people do. Privately he views the vast majority of human-kind to be composed of weak minded sheep, good for little more than amusement. While manipulative and subversive to a fault, Joseph is well aware that most people react poorly to being lied to, and does everything in his power to avoid conflict which occurs outside of his control.

Biography:
Born as an only child in upstate New York to an upper-middle class family, Joseph never wanted for anything. After some difficulties upon entering primary school, revolving around an argument which escalated to his threatening a classmate with the blade from inside a pencil sharpener. After a few days of suspension and a stern talking-to, he appologised on his own and seemed to become the perfect student. The teachers saw this and praised him for being such a kind-hearted and honest child. Of course there was no reason to suspect him when items began going missing from the classroom. In fact he was the one who figured out that it had been the student with whom he had fought, despite that child's insistence that he was innocent...

All the way up through high school, Joseph never once found himself without friends. While not quite a ring-leader, he enjoyed what amounted to loyalty from a wide range of friends in practically every group. He managed to owe nothing to anyone through his clever use of trading favors between others in place of himself. He was, by all appearances, a perfectly normal, if extroverted individual.

Nothing of significance happened in Joseph's public life for some time, though in private he had picked up an interest in criminals and how they so often fail in their endeavors. He began reading extensively on the more famous examples, such as Charles Manson and Bonnie and Clyde, and especially those few whom had evaded justice, like Zodiac.

For the first time he had found individuals who were more than just animals to be herded, and felt a small sense of respect for their refusal to remain silent within society. Of course, that only meant that he would need to do something even more spectacular without being caught to prove himself, even if it meant months of planning before so much as selecting a victim...

Two years ago there was a string of apparently random, increasingly violent murders across the country, ranging from a strangling to what was determined to be immolation while alive. Men and women of any race seemed to be fair game. Despite the continually shifting MO, the crimes were linked by a single piece of otherwise bizare evidence. A playing card, the ace of spades, was always found within arms' reach of the body. He had selected that as his signature purely because it had no previous link to himself.

Eventually though, like most psychopathic killers before him, he became over-confident and tempted fate once too often. He took his final victim, a young woman, from a street corner in Illinois, intending to add a prostitute to his list of victims. Using all of the charm and deceit at his disposal, he managed to get her into his car without specifying where he would take her. Then, just two miles down the road, he was suddenly cut off and boxed in by two unmarked police cars. Rather than resist or try to flee, he merely sighed in resignation as the officers pulled him from his car; for all of his planning and caution, he was caught by a prostitution sting of all things. When his vehicle was searched, they found several buckets of extremely potent acids, rubber gloves, a plastic bag, a sledge hammer, and a single playing card. The ace of spades.

Psychiatric Record:
Joseph is a clinical psychopath, outwardly charismatic and warm, internally cold and unfeeling. He clearly understands and can imitate normal human emotion, but is unable to experience them personally. He also suffers from Organizational OCD, which manifests itself most clearly in his meticulously thought out appearance.

Criminal Record:
Convicted of 15 counts of kidnaping, 14 counts of murder-1.

After his incarceration he commited an additional murder when his cellmate apparently went through his belongings, and Joseph stomped his throat in while the man slept, adding a count of murder-2 to his list, after which it was determined that he should be relocated to Cape Providence.

Time Served: New arrival, prior incarceration of four months before relocation.

Skills: A social chameleon, he is able to get along with and either coerce or convince essentially anyone to accept him at face value. Because of his "studies" over the years, Joseph has a wide array of miscellaneous, albeit practical, knowledge.

Ons: Being in control, intellegence, strong/confident women, being praised or recognized.
Offs: Watersports, scat.
My O/O's and A/A's
I have taken the Oath of Drake

So silent, no violence,
but inside my head so loud and clear you're screaming...
You're screaming
Covered up with a smile I've learned to fear