Dunkora: Darkness Rising Original RP (Open to all)

Started by Hunter Phoenix, June 30, 2013, 07:07:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hunter Phoenix

Hello there, thanks for taking the time to look at this thread, if the information below interests you and you want to take part in the RP then that is awesome, state your interest and we can discuss things that you want to know and things like that. There is no limit to the number of people that can be in this RP, the only rules I have are that we have to respect one another and all opinions and thoughts are valid. There is no need to be shy here.

Dunkora

Dunkora is a world that is coming under siege by the Dark Elves and Dragon Kin of the Outer Lands. The peace that has existed for many years has been shattered by incursions into the outlying towns and cities. Tales of dark folk have reached the ears of the High Elves, tales of horrors and monsters from nightmares and legends stalking the lands, dropping down onto civilization and leaving nothing but burning buildings and death in their wake. Survivors are few and those that have escaped from their lives are half crazed with fear at the atrocities they have seen.

The High Elves have sought council with their allies, the Elementals, a mystical people that can command the very elements of nature, debates are long and heated about what should be done to stop these forces of chaos from marching into the lands and destroying everything that has been built. The High Elves demand that a state of war be declared, armies mustered and the battle taken to the foe before they can establish a foothold on the lands. The Elementals wish to be left to their own devices, they are a peaceful folk and shall only ever use their magicks in the defense of their lands, they do not wish to march to a foe that is many miles away.

This is a debate that has been going on for some time, and while this has been going on, the horrors that the Dark Elves and Dragon Kin have let loose on the world are spreading, devouring more and more, even taking a hold in the Steam Lands, an agreed neutral zone where no wars can ever take place. Rumours are abound that a Dark Lady has come and united the forces of the Dark Elves under one banner, rallying them into an unstoppable force of magick and brutality the likes of which the realm of Dunkora has never seen before.

You:

As one of the characters within the realm, you can either side with or against the group and their allies, helping or hindering them as you see fit. Choosing one of the races present within the world of Dunkora, you will start in the appropriate city or village and will progress from there. It may seem daunting, because the world is vast and there is much conflict. However, it will not take long before you find someone or something that can guide you to allies or enemies and help or conflict, depending on the route you take. Things will start off relatively easy and progressively get harder as you progress. There is no leveling system within this, but the longer you live and the more battles you take part in, you will see a gradual increase in the state of play and the enemies you encounter. This is no cake walk, if you get killed, then you can either create a new character or leave the RP, there shall be no talks about bringing back the character that has just been killed, because once they are dead, not even the darkest arts can bring them back. You cannot be a hybrid, because I want to keep this within the realm of Dunkora for the time being, maintaining two worlds would be a very hard act to keep up with and it would become very confusing. Races are listed below in their own section of this thread.

Races

Human: Simple human race, they have no magickal abilities, but are all round fighters and can use almost any weapon and armour they lay their hands on that is suitable for a human.

High Elf: As a High Elf, the character shall have some magickal abilities, limited to one type, as is listed below, they are agile and quick and can take up a number of roles, such as a mage or a ranger. They can use standard weapons, such as swords, axes, shields and armour, but cannot use heavy weapons such as warhammers and two handed swords.

Dark Elf: Same as the High Elf, but their magickal disciplines are different, giving the option of using darker arts and forms of magick that the High Elves are not capable or allowed to use.

Elemental: The type of Elemental you play is up to you, there are Fire, Earth, Air and Water Elementals present, their type dictating which magickal abilities they have. They do not use melee weapons so they are magickal support characters or full out mages, able to bring a barrage of spells and arcane forces to the battlefield. They can offer enchanting magick to weapons, offering some degree of magickal damage to ordinary weapons and a degree of protection to armour, offering more protection to the wearer.

Dragon Kin: As one of the Dragon Kin race, you can choose to take the side of Steven Krasis, or work with the Dark Elf ranks, either defending or destroying the villages and citadels throughout the land, seeking peace or war for the glory of your people. You have the standard abilities of a dragon, such as flying and breathing fire, but with the added ability to be human in shape, you have increased strength and stamina, giving you an edge in battle. Dragon Kin cannot wear armour, as their scales offer natural protection against weapons, so robes and normal clothing is worn by these warriors. They can use any melee weapon and are proficient and powerful enough to use their bare hands if they have too.

Classes:

Warrior: Warriors are known for their strong headed ways and brute strength. They can handle themselves in battle and often enjoy being in the main body of the fighting, hacking away and slaughtering with a smile on their face and someone's blood on their face. They are tough and strong, capable of wielding any melee weapon they can get their hands on. They cannot use ranged weapons, for their strong arms would soon snap anything nimble they lay their hands on. They also have no magickal abilities, unless the character is a Dragon Kin of course in which case it is safe to say the warrior is going to be particularly brutal and mighty in battle. Humans and Dragon Kin can be warriors.

Mage: Mages are physically the weakest of the three classes, spending all their time cramming their minds full of useful spells and information instead of beating someone over the head with a chair in the local tavern. These guys tend to stand back in a battle, offering magickal support to their allies while bringing about the demise of enemies forces using brutal otherworldly powers of destruction, reigning hell fire down on all that cross them. Humans cannot be mages because they lack any form of magickal capability. Dark Elves, High Elves and Elementals can be mages. Dragon Kin have some magickal abilities.

Ranger: Rangers are lithe and flexible in their approach to combat. They stand a short way behind the main battle, firing arrows down and into their foes from a safe distance, keeping their mage allies safe while offering support to the warriors. However, when the battle gets heated and they find themselves in a melee situation, they will use short swords or poison tipped daggers to take down their enemies, weaving and constructing a whirling dance of death around them. Sharp eyed, swift of foot and hand, they are a welcome sight on any battlefield. All races, except for Dragon Kin, can be Rangers.

Much more needs to be added to this thread, but this is covering the main points of the RP that I have planned, if you have any questions or problems then please either post in here or PM me about it. Thanks for taking the time to read all of the information placed within this thread.

Character Creation Sheet:

Full Name:

Nicknames:

Race:

Class:

Personality:

Height:

Weight:

Body Build (Muscular, Athletic, ect):
Where Will A Creature Of Darkness Hide If Not In The Shadows Of The Night.

sparkles

Well, you can consider me officially interested.  ;D

I'm probably going to be playing a morally ambiguous Dragon Kin on the attacking side.  I'm working out a rough character idea now, but I won't finalize anything until you've finalized things here. 

And thanks again.  I'm looking forward to this!  Should be fun.

(P.S. I'll be out of town this weekend, but other than that my time is wide open, and I'll do my best to be a frequent poster.)

Hunter Phoenix

I shall keep you posted, there will be a character template put up along with some information on the starting areas and camps throughout the land, showing the current state of the land and the borders that currently exist. I'm glad you decided to come aboard :) I look forward to RPing with you and I shall let you know when the RP thread is set up and ready for posting in.

For anyone else that is looking at this and thinking they may be missing the chance to get involved, then don't worry because you can drop in and out as we go along, if you come in part way through then that's cool, we can work you into the RP and take it from there working you into the larger story with the rest of the characters and events going on, for those of you that are part way through and wish to drop out because of Real Life events or a new found lack of interest, which I understand can happen with RPs, then let me know and we can begin to work on an exit for your character.

Gladiator0161

Well, I have to admit, this is a very compelling story but, the whole can't be a hybrid thing is putting me off because I had an idea for a character that I think would work very well for this setting. I was gonna make a half elf, half high elf and half human, warrior with very little magical abilities that was raised in Dunkora. I'm hoping that the no hybrid thing is just temporary because I would like to join this.

Hunter Phoenix

I'll have to see how it goes first before I open up the possibility of hybrid characters, because I don't know whether this is going to attract enough attention, if it becomes an RP of interest then I might flex on it, but for now I just want to keep it to Dunkora, because Hybrids can travel through portals to the Human World, which would mean we are juggling two worlds with a lot more happening, because of everything being different between the two worlds, the setting would be easy, but items would change, clothing would change, abilities and how they work would change, it would be a lot to maintain.

Gladiator0161

Yeah, I understand :)

I'll try to think something else up but, idk how successful I'll be, lol.

Hunter Phoenix

That would be great because I've been thinking over it and if I were to allow the creation of Hybrid characters then it would completely change the way the RP works and I feel that it could get very messy.

Demigod1945

I am very interested in the idea of it. Do I have to wait until I am approved to join?

Hunter Phoenix

I'm glad that you are interested, at the moment the RP isn't going anywhere for the time being, with things needed to be added and changed and stuff, so by the time you get approved, it should be good to go.

Hunter Phoenix

Are you all still interested in this at all? If not then I shall scrap it.

Demigod1945

Quote from: Hunter Phoenix on July 24, 2013, 06:33:40 AM
Are you all still interested in this at all? If not then I shall scrap it.
I'm still interested, but I must say, I've seen your work in the Halo role play, and I was kinda intimidated lol. I can write, but not nearly as well as the people in that role play!

sparkles

I'm still interested, but don't feel obligated on my account if nobody else is.

Hunter Phoenix

Since there is still interest in this, I'll sort something out in the morning for a starting post. I'm going to remove the hybrids from the RP though so that I can take part as a character as well instead of having to handle five different ones that are all roaming around waging war, they can be in the background instead and we'll just work on in our own way within the realm. I still won't be allowing the creation of hybrid characters for this reason, but that is pretty much the only thing that I won't bow too.

Demigod1945

Ok, is there any specific way we should do our intro posts? And are there going to be character sheets? Or would that be described in game?

Hunter Phoenix

I'm going to grab a character sheet now, by the time you read this it will be in the information post I have up for the information about the game. Once you create your characters, you will start in the city that the race starts in, or in a camp out in a small place or location that you can make up because the only locations I currently have are the main locations for the races, not their camps, so in that respect, you do have freedom for names.

Hunter Phoenix

Full Name: Jarvan Irve

Nicknames: Blade

Race: High Elf

Class: Mage

Personality: Quiet, Wise, Intelligent, Deep Thinker.

Height: 6ft 0inches

Weight: 180lbs

Body Build: Athletic

Back Story: Jarvan is amongst the children of the High Elf race. They are an old race, not as old as the fabled Dragon Kin, but considered one of the oldest in the realm. Jarvan has trained as a mage all of his life, learning the ways of healing and fire magick. He hoped to become a healer when he graduated from the school that he attended, but with the coming of war, his plans changed. Normally a peaceful person, Jarvan felt a deep well of emotions rise up through him and he found himself volunteering when they were calling for men to go and fight the hoards of Dark Elves that were ravaging the land. Lending his healing in the medic camps, he also found himself to be a capable fighter, standing at the back of the army, sending barrages of fire down onto the enemy and cracking many skulls with his staff when he found the cause too.

Gladiator0161

Sorry to rain on your thread but, I think I've got enough on my plate for the time being. So, I'm respectfully bowing out of this. Sorry man.

I hope you get more interest and have a blast with this rp because it does sound interesting to me. I just have to manage things on Stormfront, the Halo thread, and I'm joining a Star Wars website that a few of my friends are on, and I'm working on a character for that site.

Hunter Phoenix

No worries, I hope it goes well with the Star Wars thing and the Stormfront.

sparkles

Full Name: Damien Phoenix

Nicknames:

Race: Dragon Kin

Class: Warrior

Personality: Arrogant, sarcastic, and very sure of himself.  This is a front, as he's actually somewhat insecure, but he hates showing weakness, especially in front of "lesser" races. (Ie. anybody other than dragon kin.)

Height: 6 ft 0

Weight: 180

Body Build: Athletic

History: Damien was the youngest of several siblings, and so grew up constantly feeling overshadowed by the accomplishments of his elders.  This drove him to try to excel at everything and anything, but the end result has been for him to gain a broad range of skills, but lack the focus to truly succeed at any of them.  He is young yet, (for a Dragon Kin) and still learning.  Right now he's utterly sure of the rightness of his cause, but he's only just joined in the war effort, and has yet to see much combat. 

Demigod1945

Full Name: Luka Karloff

Nicknames: The Silent One

Race: Human

Class: Ranger

Personality: Plays his card close to his chest kind of guy, solitary, calm, patient, and cautious. He'll make friends when useful, and make conversation, but only if absolutely necessary.

Height: 5 ft 11 inches

Weight: 165 lbs

Body Build/Skills: Athletic, nimble and light on his feet, expert bowman, knife thrower, knowledgeable with the terrain, wildlife, and plant life, and has learned how to blend in with his surroundings.

History: Born on a solitary farm in the wilderness, Luka lived a rough childhood filled with daily physical chores and the constant threat of bandits and local predators. At the age of 15, both of his parents were killed by a pack of wild wolves, and later when living on the farm alone for two more years, the farm was attacked by a of group bandits, who burned down the farm and chased Luka into the forest. He waited for days as they searched for them, crafting a bow, and arrows, all out of his surrounding environment. He eventually drew the courage to confront the bandits in their camp. One by one, as they slept, he put an arrow through each of their hearts. From then on, he's lived off of the land, and only makes the occasional trip into villages and cities every few months, and only when he absolutely needs to, and when he does he rarely makes any conversation with the villagers or city dwellers, earning him the nickname "The Silent One". And rather than take up arms against the Dragon kin and the Dark elves, Luka is content with living his simple lifestyle, only wishing to be left alone.

Hunter Phoenix

Nice characters guys, it's a shame we have lost Gladiator for now, hopefully he shall be able to return to us at another time. I'll get an opening post going within the next day or so, I'm sorry it has taken this long to get started, I've had some real life problems going on that needed to be addressed but we shall finally be under way soon.

Demigod1945

Sounds good, also I may know some people who may or may not be interested in this kind of rp. So I'll ask if they would like to participate in this.

Hunter Phoenix

Demigod1945

The people that I mentioned earlier haven't been online very much recently, so I'll wait until they are all back on more regularly to ask if they would like to participate.

Hunter Phoenix

That's cool, I've been a bit busy recently as it is, hence why the starting post hasn't been done yet haha