Pathfinder Game Wanted

Started by persephone325, October 08, 2017, 12:17:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheScarletBlade

Quote from: Vergil Tanner on March 26, 2018, 11:32:20 PM
I might throw up an idea or two. I have an Empty Quiver Archer that I've been dying to play...

I agree with keeping sexy stuff to a side thread, rather than nixing it completely.

Question: What would the stats be? Rolled, or Point Buy? And if I wanted to port over a DnD 3.5 Feat (Dead Eye; it lets you add dex to damage with a ranged weapon at 30ft or less so long as you have Weapon Focus with that weapon, 17 Dex and PBS), would that be acceptable?

It might be I am super tired from training but shoot me a pm about this feat? You can even send me a link to it in 3.5. For some reason its not registering in my mind what the purpose of it is?

Quote from: wander on March 27, 2018, 12:27:47 AM
Yep, I don't see Archetypes mentioned in the corebook, so must be an extra thing in a Player's Guide I'm guessing. :)

Like I said, I'm pretty noobish to PF, despite having some prior history with 3.5 d20. ^^;

Compared to 3.5, archtypes kinda replace like the 100s of prestige classes. It allows you to sub out certain basic skills that the normal ranger give you for new ones. All archetypes and classes are allowed as long as you can show me where it is some book. That d20PFSRD site and the Masterwork Tools app mention what book they are in. As long as its a Paizo(who makes Pathfinder) feature its allowed. Personally homebrewed random stuff is too random for me: if that makes sense?

Also by what I mean by in a book, I mean dont need to screenshot it or something, just tell me what you are thinking? I can track down almost any feat/class/or whatever on Masterwork Tools in seconds to verify it.

Also on an unrelated note. I am very limited and exclusive for lack of a better word in my action on E, so maybe you more savvy folks can help me with advancing this thing? What posts should be created for recruit, where and why? Should we recruit more people? I am comfortable DMING any size group, I have no preference. Not sure what is too unwieldy for E. Definitely willing to take any input/ideas.
“I fight for the men I have held in my arms, dying on foreign soil. I fight for their wives and children, whose names I heard whispered in their last breath. I fight for we few who did come home, only to find our country full of strangers wearing familiar faces. I fight so that all the fighting I've already done hasn't been for nothing, I fight: because I must.”

TheScarletBlade aka TSB

wander

Here in the left column of the site is the GM seeking Players board, you should do a recruitment thread there, so people can post their interest and character thoughts. :)

Vergil Tanner

Yhup. Basically, you create a thread in the "GM's Seeking Players," explain the setting, what you're looking for, what the tone of the game will be and rules for character creation (EG, prohibited classes / races, rolled stats or point buy, number of traits, etc etc), then see who's interested. I would suggest keeping the party to a maximum of five people. Any more and it gets...messy.

Also, PM incoming.
Vergil's Faceclaim Archive; For All Your Character Model Seeking Needs!

Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by that of touch, because everyone can see but few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are; and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion. Therefore it is unnecessary to have all the qualities I have enumerated, but it is very necessary to appear to have them. And I shall dare to say this also, that to have them and always observe them is injurious, and that to appear to have them is useful; to appear merciful, faithful, humane, religious, upright, and be so, but with a mind so framed that should you require not to be so, you may be able and know how to change to the opposite.

Dubbed the "Oath of Drake,"
A noble philosophy; I adhere...for now.

Chanticleer

Quote from: Vergil Tanner on March 27, 2018, 11:39:15 PM
Yhup. Basically, you create a thread in the "GM's Seeking Players," explain the setting, what you're looking for, what the tone of the game will be and rules for character creation (EG, prohibited classes / races, rolled stats or point buy, number of traits, etc etc), then see who's interested. I would suggest keeping the party to a maximum of five people. Any more and it gets...messy.

Also, PM incoming.

I would counter that suggestion with a suggestion to take six AND to have a few people on standby. From what I've picked up so far, what seems to kill games most rapidly around here are people dropping out.
My current O/os (need work)

Vergil Tanner

Eh, I've been in Pathfinder games with six party members. It takes a while to move, and you end up steamrolling most encounters. 5 is the maximum party you want, but with a shortlist of people who you PM if somebody drops out.

Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by that of touch, because everyone can see but few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are; and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion. Therefore it is unnecessary to have all the qualities I have enumerated, but it is very necessary to appear to have them. And I shall dare to say this also, that to have them and always observe them is injurious, and that to appear to have them is useful; to appear merciful, faithful, humane, religious, upright, and be so, but with a mind so framed that should you require not to be so, you may be able and know how to change to the opposite.

Chanticleer

Quote from: Vergil Tanner on March 28, 2018, 07:56:37 PM
Eh, I've been in Pathfinder games with six party members. It takes a while to move, and you end up steamrolling most encounters. 5 is the maximum party you want, but with a shortlist of people who you PM if somebody drops out.

Seems to me that's a case of how the GM handles things. Is running 6 slightly different from 5? YES. It does require a little tweaking (but so can 5, depending on the party). However in terms of having more party interaction/sustain I think it's an improvement.

TheScarletBlade

I believe the Adventure path has the requisite info to raise the CR to fit a number of party members. Not sure, still looking over the books. Tomorrow is my last day of training so I will be a whole lot less busy and will get the thread up for recruit/characters.

I might of mentioned it prior but most adventure paths are 1 to 20, so if interested parties wanna start designing character to have them ready to post, by all means!

Also I am usually very rapid about responding to PM's, so any designs/ideas/comments are always welcome from anyone. 

Until tomorrow. 
“I fight for the men I have held in my arms, dying on foreign soil. I fight for their wives and children, whose names I heard whispered in their last breath. I fight for we few who did come home, only to find our country full of strangers wearing familiar faces. I fight so that all the fighting I've already done hasn't been for nothing, I fight: because I must.”

TheScarletBlade aka TSB

Vergil Tanner

Oh God, we're doing Level 1? GET READY TO DIE EVERYBODY.

>.>

I tend to prefer starting a level or so higher since our characters are waaaaaay too squishy at level 1, haha. But it's not a dealbreaker! I'll start designing my level 1 Archer. :D

wander

I am fine with Lv.1, makes things easier in character generation I find. Also, I like the idea of raising my character up from start to Epic.

For sure doing Halfling, yet to figure out class. I want to something fairly martial though, my thoughts were to play a charismatic archer, though as Vergil is going archer, I may look into doing something kinda more like a Bard to go with the charisma as my character's schtick. I may look at the SRD to decide yet.

Vergil Tanner

Pffft, Bard. BE A SKALD. It's basically a heavy metal bard!

wander

Heh, bard with barbarian rage seems super awesome, though maybe that's too METAL, even for me. ^^

Loads of archetypes for the Bard though, that'll keep me reading for a good long while.

... Though I gotta admit... That Skald is pretty damned tempting... Imagine a damn Hobbit metalhead...  :D

Vergil Tanner

He has a mullet that's longer than he is tall! xD

Chanticleer

Skalds are terribly entertaining.  >:)

In every sense.

I actually like starting at level 1, myself.

wander

Well, that's decided then.  ;D

Chanticleer

Meanwhile, I yam pondering an alchemist.

Vergil Tanner

And I believe I have my character all worked out! I wonder what we're doing about Traits...

But since I'm itching to show somebody, who wants a peek at Drazzek? :P

Vergil Tanner

Any movement on the seeking thread? :-)

On a related note...I'm considering dropping the Archer Archetype (for various reasons), but since I like playing with Archetypes...I was considering making Drazzek a Mutagen Warrior. Thoughts?

TheScarletBlade

TheScarletBlade aka TSB

TheScarletBlade

Sorry it took so long, its been a hellish trip home.

TheScarletBlade aka TSB

Chanticleer

Quote from: TheScarletBlade on April 01, 2018, 12:38:25 PM
Sorry it took so long, its been a hellish trip home.

I have it on good authority that real life is more important than getting gaming stuff going on internet forums.

Vergil Tanner

Quote from: Chanticleer on April 01, 2018, 01:49:58 PM
I have it on good authority that real life is more important than getting gaming stuff going on internet forums.