The Tree of Life

Started by Valerian, June 22, 2010, 01:40:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mithlomwen

"I also change my vote to Absinthe Tori."  Mith murmured softly, praying she was doing the right thing. 
Baby, it's all I know,
that your half of the flesh and blood that makes me whole...

Valerian

Final Voting:

Absinthe Tori (7) - Ariadne, sinera, Imogen, Beguile's Mistress, Eden, Kyrsa, RP7466
Ariadne (3) - Mithlomwen, Absinthe Tori
Eden (1) - Aiden
Aiden (0)
Beguile's Mistress (0)
Imogen (0)
Kip (0)
Kyrsa (0)
Mithlomwen (0)
RP7466 (0)
sinera (0)

The tide of the voting turned quickly towards Absinthe Tori, all her arguments coming to naught.  It was clear that she was doomed to be exiled, and arrangements were quickly made.  All those left watched anxiously as she walked reluctantly out the gates -- and just as had happened earlier, there was a sudden, impossibly brilliant flash of light, and then the woman they had thought was a friend and fellow mortal was no more.  Absinthe Tori had been a Bean sídhe, but now she could plague the village no longer.

They were that much safer, but they could still not rest completely easily, not yet.

Absinthe Tori - Bean sídhe, exiled, Day 3
Aiden
Aridane
Beguile's Mistress
Eden
Imogen
Kip
Kyrsa
Marguerite - Bean sídhe, exiled, Day 2
Mithlomwen
Moirae - Keltoi, taken by Bean sídhe, Night 1
Remiel - Keltoi, exiled, Day 1
RP7466
sinera

There are 6 Keltoi, 1 Seanacha (Seer), 1 Niadh Nask (Champion), 1 Druí, and 1 Bean sídhe.
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Aiden

"The taint of the Bean sídhe weakness on our life...that is a true reason to celebrate tonight."
Aiden thanks Beguine and all those who contributed in the feast that night.

Valerian

The next morning, the village awoke with some hope.  With two of the evil spirits gone, surely they could feel safer at last.  Perhaps once again, no one had been taken during the night.

Alas, the news was far worse than anyone expected.  This morning Imogen was gone, the trees near her little house marked by the same sickly, glowing magics the spirits had left before.  But this time the loss was greater than ever before.  The golden sword and helmet near the spot proved that Imogen had been their Champion, the Niadh Nask, killed while trying to save another.

All at once, hope faded, and again the villagers gathered anxiously.

Aiden
Aridane
Beguile's Mistress
Eden
Imogen - Niadh Nask, taken by Bean sídhe, Night 3
Kip
Kyrsa
Mithlomwen
RP7466
sinera

There are 6 Keltoi, 1 Seanacha (Seer), 1 Druí, and 1 Bean sídhe.
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Beguile's Mistress

Beguile stood in shock before the house Imogen had occupied and stared at the markings on the trees.  She crossed herself quickly and superstitiously saying a prayer for the safe journey of Imogen's soul and asking for protection for the village.  She prayed for courage now that the others would realize that in spite of the death of another two of the evil Bean Sidhe had been banished and the innocent far outnumbered the evil.  Surely, if Imogen had be brave enough to face the Bean Sidhe on her own they could do so in combined force.  She stood and waited as the others began to appear.

Nadir

Eden ponders then vaguely gesticulates in Aiden's direction, wondering if there would be any intervention to saw hir mind as there had been the day before. 

Valerian

Current Voting:

Eden (3) - Kyrsa, Mithlomwen,  Aiden
Aiden (1) - Eden
Ariadne (0)
Beguile's Mistress (0)
Kip (0)
Kyrsa (0)
Mithlomwen (0)
RP7466 (0)
sinera (0)

Yet to vote: Ariadne, Beguile's Mistress, Kip, RP7466, sinera

~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Kye

Kyrsa paces, still torn.  "I can not understand how any of us could be one of the Bean sidhe.  I have known most of you for years..." she trails off, a worried frown upon her face.  "I am sorry if you are not one of them Eden, but I do not know who else to vote for..."

Mithlomwen

Having gone back and forth for several days in indecision, she finally places her vote with Eden, and says a silent prayer that she's not voting wrongly. 
Baby, it's all I know,

Nadir

"You are wrong, very wrong! I'm only a slightly naked and quite blue villager who like to shag a Mar-who-is-more-often-than-not-eating-the-whole-village. I feel discriminated against for my sexual preferences, and if either of you ever want a snog from me again you should take that back!"

Aiden

"We do not care who you shagged nor the preference you had, you still acted as consort to the enemy and you can not be trusted Eden."

Valerian

Current Voting:

Eden (7) - Kyrsa, Mithlomwen,  Aiden, Beguile's Mistress, sinera, Ariadne, RP7466
Aiden (1) - Eden
Ariadne (0)
Beguile's Mistress (0)
Kip (0)
Kyrsa (0)
Mithlomwen (0)
RP7466 (0)
sinera (0)

Yet to vote: Kip

~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Beguile's Mistress

Beguile's nods and looks around.  How could Eden not know?  She must be one.

sinera

sinera sighs. "I'm sorry, Eden. Unfortunately one is often judged by the company they keep... "
O/O | A/A | My Intro | Fairytale Requests
Apparently some people don't read my O/O before adding me on MSN/Y! - so I'll say it here: IF YOU DON'T TELL ME YOU'RE FROM E, I WILL NOT ACCEPT BUDDY REQUESTS. Please read my O/O before PMing me with ideas, thanks.
Best IRC cybersex come-on line EVER: "I see you're an erotica writer...So, do you ever do any realtime collaborations?"

Ariadne

Her relief at having been correct about Tori was short-lived.  She didn't believe that Eden was in collusion with the Bean sídhe even if the evidence presented was stacked against her... But their numbers were still dwindling and she had no clear answers. Ariadne would not sleep well this night.

I was lost for some time.
Ari's Absences and Social Thread    ||    Ari's Notes for Writing

RP7466

RP finishes his invention.

"this will be a fine end to my work as a blacksmith"

RP cleans up and realizes there is a vote to cast. RP's attention to detail and high standards of craftsmanship causes him to get lost in his work. He makes his way out to vote.

"I agree with the rest of the village, I vote Eden, Even if you are innocent I have to believe you knew about marg. And by not telling us that makes you just as evil as the Bean sídhe"
"It's my only politics... anti-wife. Any woman who devotes herself to making one man miserable instead of a lot of men happy don't get my vote"

John Wayne as Sam McCord

Valerian

And so Eden's fate was sealed.  Like the others, shi was bundled outside the walls with only what shi could carry, and left to her fate.

Unlike the others, Eden remained Eden, for she was in fact an innocent Keltoi.  The village had exiled one of its own.

Everyone wondered uneasily just how much damage one spirit could do.  It might be enough to destroy the town after all.

Aiden
Aridane
Beguile's Mistress
Eden - Keltoi, exiled, Day 4
Kip
Kyrsa
Mithlomwen
RP7466
sinera

There are 5 Keltoi, 1 Seanacha (Seer), 1 Druí, and 1 Bean sídhe.
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Valerian

The next day dawned chill and damp.  Many were afraid to leave their huts.  But leave them they did, driven to see what other tragedy might have befallen during the night.

And indeed, one hut was again marked with those strange, eerily glowing symbols.  RP7466, an innocent Keltoi, had seen his last sunset.  Who could the evil spirit be?

Aiden
Aridane
Beguile's Mistress
Eden - Keltoi, exiled, Day 4
Kip
Kyrsa
Mithlomwen
RP7466 - Keltoi, taken by Bean sídhe, Night 4
sinera

There are 4 Keltoi, 1 Seanacha (Seer), 1 Druí, and 1 Bean sídhe.
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Valerian

Can we get some votes, please?   ;D
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Beguile's Mistress

Beguile sat outside her croft leaning forward as she shelled nuts she had gathered in the wood.  Her early morning foraging had been for food as well as an escape from the village and the new of the death of RP.  He had been a fellow villager and a friend and anything else she might have wished for was now moot. 

Absently Beguile watched the other villagers go about their daily chores.  How could one of them be Bean Sidhe?  Did that person vote to expel Eden from the village and how could she reconcile with herself the fact that she had helped cast out an innocent? 

A decision needed to be made and never one to shirk from duty not matter how distasteful Beguile looked and listened and finally spoke a word.  "Kip!"  It was too easy to pretend to be a wastrel and constantly drunk.  Sighing she went back to her task.

Mithlomwen

Saddened by the death of RP7466 she sighed heavily and voted for Sinera.
Baby, it's all I know,

Valerian

Current Voting:

Kip (2) - Beguile's Mistress, Kyrsa
Ariadne (1) - Aiden
sinera (1) - Mithlomwen
Aiden (1) - sinera
Beguile's Mistress (0)
Kyrsa (0)
Mithlomwen (0)

Yet to vote: Ariadne, Kip

There are 4 Keltoi, 1 Seanacha (Seer), 1 Druí, and 1 Bean sídhe.
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Aiden

Unsure who was what anymore, Aiden simply took a day off from his daily activities to clear his mind and go swimming. "Could Ariadne have anything to do with this?" He thought out loud as he sat on a rock and considered it further.

sinera

sinera sighed softly and ignored Mithlomwen's accusation. She knew herself to be innocent, but still wasn't sure who the Bean Sidhe could be. Finally she just guessed. "Aiden."
O/O | A/A | My Intro | Fairytale Requests
Apparently some people don't read my O/O before adding me on MSN/Y! - so I'll say it here: IF YOU DON'T TELL ME YOU'RE FROM E, I WILL NOT ACCEPT BUDDY REQUESTS. Please read my O/O before PMing me with ideas, thanks.
Best IRC cybersex come-on line EVER: "I see you're an erotica writer...So, do you ever do any realtime collaborations?"

Kye

There were so few of them left, their small village having been devistated by the Bean Sidhe to the point that she was afraid to choose among her remaining companions.  Even after so much had happened it still boggled her mind that so many were dead and would no longer greet her every morning.

Her mind followed the same track that Beguile's Mistress had and she shook her head slightly and murmured Kip's name before returning to her hut to prepare a midday meal, more for something to do than from hunger.