Looking for a Small based party. [Pathfinder Group]

Started by OyabunKobold, August 21, 2018, 11:45:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OyabunKobold

So I seem to be in need of some games again and I thought why not have some fun. The idea is this.

I would like a pathfinder game as a player with a few stipulations.

1: Small races only: Gathlain, Gnome, Goblin, Grindylow, Grippli, Halfling, Kobold, Monkey Goblin, Orang-Pendek, Ratfolk, Svirfneblin, Vine Leshy, Wayang, Wyrwood

2: No Path of war classes but Unchained classes.

3 Preferably a small to medium sized group of active posters. ie no more than like 1 week lag on posting.

If there is anyone who would be interested in joining in on this and running this for me that would be grand. If it helps any I have a character concept Id like to run of a LN Scarf Dancer Magus Kobold Female. Anything else the Gm in question wants to do with the basic premise is up to them I would just like to have a game of only the small races that don't get enough love :P.

Currently owed posts: 0/0 | Currently owed Pms: 0| Currently owed offline posts: 0/0
Current Roleplay capacity 0/0

Chulanowa

OyabunKobold

Woo a nibble :)

Yeah i just am feeling a small race game lately.

Currently owed posts: 0/0 | Currently owed Pms: 0| Currently owed offline posts: 0/0

Madam Striga

OyabunKobold

it would be entertaining to say the least.

Woo another nibble

Muse

A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

OyabunKobold

Muse

Now, what kind of bait do we need to get GMs to nibble?  :)
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

OyabunKobold

Hrms... Possibly talking amongst ourselves coming up with ideas for what kinds of characters we are going to play?

maybe even a little sample character skeleton for a concept.

Name: Aly`Gotak Ontor
Race: Silver Scaled Kobold
Class: Bladed Scarf Dancer Magus
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Personality: Aly`Gotak is a man whom takes great pleasure in helping others. An unusual color scaled kobold, the dragonkin believes that he was descended not from the greedy Tiamat but the defender Bahamut. He is not blindly good though because he realizes that sometimes  for law to succeed the hard tasks must be done. Quick witted and intellectually proud his moral compass is what drives him to do what he does. A staunch companion is whom you will find in this dragonkin so long as your goals align with his.
A few goals for adventuring:

• Wants to prove not all Kobold are evil.
  • Would like to eventually make a home to live in peace.
  • Wants to learn every lightning and electricity based spell in current existence and make new ones.
  • Is searching for something even He doesn't know what or who it is.
  • Wishes to be remembered for his deeds and make a proud name for his future possible family.

Here's the code block for my little concept unless anyone else has something they think would be better

[float=right][img height=300 padding=3][/img][/float]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Race:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Class:[/b]
[b]Alignment:[/b]
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]A few goals for adventuring:[/b][list]
[li][/li]
[li][/li]
[/list]

Chulanowa

Hah! I knew that was the image you had in mind!  ;D I've had the same idea for it.

I can come up with somethin' in a bit, I guess. So many smols to choose from.

OyabunKobold

I was looking for a copper Kobold for a prankster thief then i found this one and was like... yep I know what I'm doing.

Muse

I have many potentialys.  Biggest ideas involve gnomes or grippli. 

OyabunKobold

:P both would work lol my kobold actually doesnt utterly hate gnomes

Madam Striga

I'm going for either Ratfolk or Gnome

*Leaves out DM bait*

OyabunKobold

ooh so a mousey mouse a froggy frog or a couple of living projectiles sounds like we got ideas brewing

Chulanowa

So I don't have a character idea yet... but, it seems we're going to have a real generous mix of races. I was thinking of how we could get like, a gnome, kobold, ratfolk, and goblin all working together, and this notion crossed my mind...

We're in our favorite bar, in the quarter of the city devoted to the "small" races - they just kind of get thrown together by the bigfolk. Some tensions are still there, but inthe face of the Bigfolk, community ties are coming together. Unfortunately, some assholes - we don''t know who or why just yet - just ransacked our bar! it's up to we wee adventurer-types to avenge our taproom and find out whodunnit!

Also, just to be a completionist...

Races that *can be* small

These guys are medium by default, but have the option to be small owing to their extraplanar / Monstrous / artificial origins. I.e., there are Aasimar who were born of Halfling parents, Dhampir from tainted goblin bloodlines, whatever.
Aasimar
Android
Changeling
Dhampir
Ganzi
Ifrit
Oread
Skinwalker
Shabti
Suli
Slyph
Tiefling
Undine

Roleplay Frog

Quote from: OyabunKobold on August 26, 2018, 12:22:22 PM
a froggy frog

Who dareth summon me?

QuoteAlso, just to be a completionist...

To be a proper completionist: The Reduce person spell can be made permanent, so any medium sized humanoid can be small, for the low cost of 2500 gold on character creation. (The converse is true for tiny creatures and enlarge person ofc)

If you want to include large humanoids it gets trickier because size reduction effects don't stack, but you could pull in psionics which have a reduce person like power. https://www.d20pfsrd.com/psionics-unleashed/psionic-powers/c/compression/
Which can reduce one size category/6 levels and arguably be combined with Incarnate(Psionic permanency) so at lvl 24 you could make a gargantuan sized creature small. Small Storm Giant, Anyone?

-Though I do admit that a small dhampir sounds more cute.

OyabunKobold

Was speaking about a Grippli but hi Frog :D

Quote from: Chulanowa on August 28, 2018, 04:18:41 AM
Also, just to be a completionist...

Races that *can be* small

These guys are medium by default, but have the option to be small owing to their extraplanar / Monstrous / artificial origins. I.e., there are Aasimar who were born of Halfling parents, Dhampir from tainted goblin bloodlines, whatever.
Aasimar
Android
Changeling
Dhampir
Ganzi
Ifrit
Oread
Skinwalker
Shabti
Suli
Slyph
Tiefling
Undine

Thanks for the lists :D The only issue in the lists is the Svirfneblin will probably be denied like Noble Drow normally are. Its a Race points race of 21... that's almost 4 times the race points of kobolds and goblins which means that race in particular will grossly unbalance the group.

Only reason I left it out originally :D Ill look at the others though and add your completionist list to the opening list.

Madam Striga

I didn't know gathlains were a thing but they seem cute af

OyabunKobold

added the smol list to the opening with all the links with the super strong race striked out.

Roleplay Frog

Huh. Haven't heard of Gathlains either and I've been doing pathfinder stuff nearly since it's inception almost a decade ago.

lil flower angels basically.
With.. oh my.
QuoteSticky Tendrils

Pathfinder has such possibilities *chuckles*

OyabunKobold

Oh there are possibilities frogger :P anything can be turned to a possibility.

Madam Striga

Oya needs to get out with a sign and find a GM *pout*