Halo: A shot in the dark

Started by Gladiator0161, August 18, 2010, 08:17:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gladiator0161

A little, but, not enough that I can't work it out, lol.

Ok, well, to my knowledge the MK5 SPNKR was the Rocket Launcher used in the first game. They are all pretty much the same though, so, it doesn't really matter to me what you put it as. It's still a portable, shoulder mounted, rocket launcher, lol.

Sushi

That's fair enough, but could you give me a link to the MK5 on the Bungie website, a copy of the manual or the wiki? I like to be as accurate as I can with my writing! :D
"—in any other circumstance, you might have had a point there. Except my boss is a woman, I was a chick in the 40's, I hate everyone equally, and there's no one alive who can comprehend my sexual preference."

Gladiator0161

Well, I searched for the MK5 on Bungie.net and the Halo Wiki that I know of. I couldn't find it. Apparently I misled you. Sorry :/

I did however find both the M19 and the M41 that you were talking about. So, seeing as my info is incorrect, I'd stick with yours, lol. Must be getting my sci-fi's mixed up.

This has been a very long week, can't seem to think straight.

TyKing

I looked in the book from my HALO:CE (the original) game and it names the rocket launcher as the M19 SSM. So there you have it, from the horse's mouth. :)

Gladiator0161

Ah, good to know, thanks TyKing :)

Vengurd

Just going to point out that I saw Hunter's idea and that, while it is interesting and certainly something that would be worthwhile, it wouldn't fit in with a lot of Spartans, Original and Canon because there was no graduation, at least not in the sense that most people think. The Spartan 'graduation' was shortly after the augmentations when all of the Spartans received their commissions and then were shipped out, either individually or in teams to where the UNSC (more specifically ONI) most needed them - in the war with the insurgents and then they received their armor MUCH later, years in fact, nearly the same time the Covenant showed up and began to decimate the UNSC forces.

Anyhow, to try to explain why it wouldn't fit in, most people who play Spartans generally try to keep their character as close to canon as possible while being completely original.

I walked away from the computer thinking I hit post....several hours I return and find that the whole thing is waiting here. -_-

Gladiator0161

Yeah, that's true, and hahaha. That was funny :D

Well, for me atleast, lol.

ashia starstreak

The covenant were first discovered in 2524 and in 2525 we began fighting them. In 2525 the S-IIs were 14 years old going through the extremes of training and drugs/augmentations. A few months later they were given the suits. Out of 75 chosen 30 died during this process and 12 were permanently disabled. The surviving Spartans were immediately deployed into high-risk combat missions much like Vengurd mentioned. Buut in 2552 Spartan-IIs are deployed to sigma Octanus IV and score a victory, but the Covenant discover Reach. I'd say if you guys did decide on a prequel, you should try the training area cuz there's so much emotions..but Elliquiy does forbid anyone rping any character that is younger than 16yrs so even my idea for ya would not be acceptable but the 2552 wouldn't be so bad :) right before the fall of Reach. 

I would have to agree with Vengurd, the chances of all characters being together after training is slim.

"A knight in shining armor is a man who has never had his metal truly tested."

Sushi

Well, they could go back in later years for supplemental training. Who knows?
"—in any other circumstance, you might have had a point there. Except my boss is a woman, I was a chick in the 40's, I hate everyone equally, and there's no one alive who can comprehend my sexual preference."

Gladiator0161

Starting in 2552 would be the best thing to do it seems like.

Gladiator0161

So, how's it going everybody?

TyKing

Gladiator0161

Yeah, no kidding. They must be busy IRL, must be nice to have money to hang onto because of it.

How are you doing TyKing?

Vengurd

Indeed. I think a few people have either gone AWOL, have little to respond to or are just confused as to what to do now- so many people are hurt and need help now as well as all these various people going into the sentimental, near death memory thing.

Gladiator0161

Yeah, I've been thinking on what I could add to my post that would give Golden Touch more to work with. Problem is, I can't think of anything.

How you been Vengurd?

Vengurd

Well, I think the recent posts of near-dead guys having flash-backs or alternate lives or something just kind of put people off. Not saying its bad, just that it might not be for some of the folks in this crowd. I can go either way.

Meh, could be better, could be worse. You?

Gladiator0161

Maybe. I sure wish people would tell me though, instead of just letting the thread sit if that's the case.

I've had my ups and downs, more downs this week than ups but, I'm doing good today. :)

Hunter Phoenix

I'm sure things will pick up again :) we just seem to be having a bit of a down time at the moment as far as the RP is concerned, but give it a couple more posts and we will likely pick up again, Gladiator is being fixed up, Hunter has found a med bay that he will be using with Shana. It's all coming together slowly :D
Where Will A Creature Of Darkness Hide If Not In The Shadows Of The Night.

TyKing

Fry's going to get drunk and smoke some cigars and enjoy being alive. Then I guess he could go look for all the broken Spartans. :)

Vengurd

Sounds like fun, Patric will just hang tight and visit lala land, he hasn't been there since the last Rp he was one and it was definitely a trip to remember....Now if only he could remember....

ashia starstreak

I  tried to send a post  a couple of days ago. Right before I was able to send it, my phone decided to shut off and I lost all that hard work. Chucking a device never solves it, but it does release the tension..So I do owe replies to several rps of mine and instead of typing it all on my phone I've been doing it on the laptop..once I get to an internet access point I'll be able to respond to everything.

Vengurd

Awww! Bummer, I enjoy reading your posts Ashia!

I shall eagerly await your posts!

The Golden Touch

-flops around-

Working, working... Oh, did I mention working? Freaking military. Anyway, behind on a bunch of shit- will try and get to it when I'm not frying in 106 degree weather.

"Yesterday was the easy day."
Ideas (Open) /What Floats My Boat\ Absences

Gladiator0161

Yeah, it will. Our little group here has lasted for a little over a year now in this thread, a few days of inactivity won't break us up :)
It's just hard for me to wait, lol. All of you do such a good job writing that I want to just keep going so I can keep reading.

@ Ashia: Awww, that sucks. That's happened to me before on the computer. I look forward to reading your post as well :)

@ Golden Touch: I understand. Try to keep cool out there, alright? Don't want you getting heat stroke on us :)

ashia starstreak

That's happened to me on a pc as well. I've gotten good at writing and saving drafts on Word pad before sending it off. The good thing about having to write it on the laptop and then waiting is my posts are longer and 80% chance of having a new picture as well. I just found a good enough google image to convert into my style for O'brian. Later today I'll be be messing with it, dunno when I can show it, but should be nice to put a picture to him..since I'm not one to give written details on my characters.

It is pleasing to read that my writing keeps your attentions :) I'm a big fan of comedy and action, I just hope I'm not too cheesey ;)