On talking to the police

Started by Vekseid, December 06, 2009, 10:09:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vekseid

Dont Talk to Police

Particularly for US citizens, but relevant elsewhere I imagine.

Drake Valentine

If only most educational and informative videos can be as entertaining to watch these days. Though he has some good points, I haven't finished watching the video yet. ^^`

"When I'm Done With You, You'll Be a:
Raped, Bloody, And Humiliated, Little Alice in Wonderland."

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)
Pale Eclipse - Group Game Project{Paused} 

Will

It is really good, and the police officer he shares time with doesn't refute him at all.  I will never, ever, ever speak to the police again.
If you can heal the symptoms, but not affect the cause
It's like trying to heal a gunshot wound with gauze

One day, I will find the right words, and they will be simple.
- Jack Kerouac

Cecilia

Does he actually talk that fast all the time?  I think if I were in his class, I'd leave with a headache every time. 

GolGol

Argh! He is talking too fast! Nice film though!
My game ideas: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=75040.0

Ons and Offs, the updated list,  and pictures. Updated 29/10: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=4506

Discord: Plasmapudding#3339

Cecilia

It took me about four hours to watch all of it.  I had to rest my head and let myself think with the pauses so I could actually understand what he was saying.  I will never, ever, speak to a policeman.

Caeli

Really interesting and informative. Thanks, Veks. :-)
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Neroon

Shame that in the UK the Criminal Justice and Public Order Act, 1994, allows a court to find silence incriminating.  Thus the police caution given here says:

"You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when questioned something which you later rely on in court. Anything you do say may be given in evidence."
Timeo Danaos et dona ferentes

My yeas and nays     Grovelling Apologies     Wiki
Often confused for some guy

consortium11

Quote from: Kallikantzaros on December 10, 2009, 12:18:54 PM
Shame that in the UK the Criminal Justice and Public Order Act, 1994, allows a court to find silence incriminating.  Thus the police caution given here says:

"You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when questioned something which you later rely on in court. Anything you do say may be given in evidence."

I'd still suggest not talking to the police until your solicitor is there with you... and then giving a written statement as oppossed to an oral one. Hell, that was pretty much the first criminal law thing we were taught on the LPC...