BattleTech 3050 ((Looking for new recruits!))

Started by Wargtass, November 15, 2012, 10:39:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaladinZenaku

I know the 4BR model is 4 years ahead of its time but it could be a matter of chance I customized my 3R model to be like it or I am privately field testing it for Bandler as payment for services rendered and after every battle I must send them a copy of my battleROM plus a report stating anything about its performance. Either way I can play it out which ever one is the best back story. Although I want to find some way to add jump jets to my version when I can in the future.
"Underneath the silvery moon,
Your path can still turn foul.
You'll know you've made a wretched move,
When werewolves start to howl."
~Shadowfang~
Alpha Male of Southern US Pack

Wargtass

AH! I just noticed the KILROY OLD BONES shop you had made on your picture, Etah. That is a nice touch, very nice.

However the consensus seem to be that we need an LRM-boat for our company at the moment, so I'm giving the contract to PaladinZenaku. I will keep you in mind though, Etah, for the next recruiting session. I was very impressed with your character.
O/O

PaladinZenaku

Quote from: Wargtass on March 05, 2013, 02:36:59 AM
AH! I just noticed the KILROY OLD BONES shop you had made on your picture, Etah. That is a nice touch, very nice.

However the consensus seem to be that we need an LRM-boat for our company at the moment, so I'm giving the contract to PaladinZenaku. I will keep you in mind though, Etah, for the next recruiting session. I was very impressed with your character.
Thank you for choosing me to join. I agree that Etah had a great character design and I look forward to when he joins the team.

Oh where and what do I post first?
"Underneath the silvery moon,
Your path can still turn foul.
You'll know you've made a wretched move,
When werewolves start to howl."
~Shadowfang~
Alpha Male of Southern US Pack

Blobbe

CASE II doesn't begin development til 3057 and the first prototypes don't become active until 3064. Its not until the 3080s that it becomes anything resembling widespread.

...I'll stop being pedantic now.

Wargtass

Quote from: PaladinZenaku on March 05, 2013, 05:06:02 AM
Thank you for choosing me to join. I agree that Etah had a great character design. Oh where and what do I post first?

You can begin by posting your character in the Character Thread, then say hello in the OOC Thread. Once we reach Outreach you can join up with the unit, I was thinking about doing the skip tomorrow if everyone feel that they are done with their important JumpShip-stuff.
O/O

Etah dna Evol

Thanks for noticing lol

No worries. I'll keep an eye open for this thread to pop up again.
- Etah dna Evol

TURN ONs and TURN OFFs

Wargtass

After player dropout we are recruiting again. Four spots open.
O/O

Lady Quixote

We could really use some more lights and mediums, some fast movers to help round out a recon/light lance and some fast missile boats or fast direct/long range mechs (loaded with AC/2's for light damage but extreme range) that could make up a fast strike lance. 

Matt

Blobbe

Seconding Matt's post. The big opportunities right now are in light 'Mechs, fast-movers and missile boats. A Trebuchet or Dervish would be especially welcome!

Baalborn87

Still got space? I'd be happy fulfilling a fast/recon role.

Wargtass

Sure thing, hit us with your best shot!  ;D
O/O

Sara Nilsson

Come join us, it is a great time right now as we are not in combat or anything at the moment

Thorne

This mean there is still space? 'Cause if so, I know someone other than me who might be interested.

I might need some help though - I don't do the 'Mech-heavy end of BT so well. I'm much more interested in the people and the culture-clash. ^^;
Writer of horrors, artist of mayhem.

Currently available, frequently lurking.
Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies
Ideas and inspirations: small groups

Lady Quixote

there is definitely still space, and we would be happy to help you work through the mech combat...

Matt

Wargtass

No worries, bring them in! Bring everyone. O_O

But not really, we only have 4 spots to fill.  :P But by all means, bring anyone interested. As for not being too 'Mech-savvy, no worries, with KaylaM and SelNar lurking in the shadows even I never feel truly 'Mech-savvy. If you want help with building one or just a recommendation on what a good chassis might be, just say so, we are here to help.
O/O

Lady Quixote

what...no we should let everyone come in otherwise we'll never get up to regiment strength... ;D

Matt

Thorne

Mm.. kay. I'mma go do some .. um.. research. *snicker* 3050 ... does that mean I could have an omni, if I can explain how my character got her grubby, grease-stained hands on the thing? 

Light and artillery platforms? Was that what I heard you need?

Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies

Lady Quixote

well I don't know if you would be able to create a good enough story to get your hands on an Omni-mech yet...I don't think anyone has scored a victory against the clans yet. 

yup lights or light end of medium and artiliery platfoms (speedy ones...heavy mediums and lighter heavies)...

Matt

Wargtass

Omni's are pretty much still a secret. No one has even realized this is a thing and strength that the Clans have. Capturing one would be about as easy as finding a straw of hay in a needle-stack; painful and bloody. So sorry, no, nothing could justify that at this time. But if we manage to capture one (we got our grubby hands on an Elemental complete with Clanner after all) I'll make sure you have first pick!  ;D
O/O

Blobbe

For the most part at present you're limited to classic-era Inner Sphere 'Mech designs. But give us some idea of what you're looking for and we can try and figure something. As said, at present we're looking for fast-moving and/or fire support 'Mechs, so there's a start

Thorne

*snicker* Figured as much.
Had to ask though. Don't know for sure unless you ask. *sage nod*

At present, my short-list includes the Wolfhound, the Spector (back to trying to explain where she got her grubby hands on that, plus the 'what the heck IS that' story) and ... I'm still looking. I am aiming for 'agile + accurate', in the 30-35 ton range.

Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies

Blobbe

Spector's gonna be out of the question too. It's a 'Mech that was super-rare even at the height of the Star League, and won't see production again until 3058 or so.

I'd be going for the Wolfhound myself; it's a common enough design and certainly fits the bill

Wargtass

The Spector are pretty much a closely guarded secret of the ComGuard now until the re-release after the whole schism thing when they sold of prints and rights to a Lyran factory (I think it was). Although it had a few old models spread around the Inner Sphere, you'd need a damn good reason. That said, we had a Sling on the company...  ::) Perhaps you'd like a Sling? :P

Wolfhound is good, I still remember my Solaris days back in MW4 with that one. Good times...
O/O

Lady Quixote

too slow, curses...yup I concur with KaylaM.  The Wolfhound is the safer bet since the Spector's are all gone with a very limited group being found by a few merc companies (not ours sadly) and highly guarded.

are you looking for mostly laser based mechs?  The Jenner is always a good goto 35 ton agile.  You could replace the SRM-4 with a Streak-2 for accuracy over damage (and get a .5 tons to play around with for armor)

Matt

Thorne

Yeeeah.. I don't much like the /design/ though. I may end up going with the Wolfhound - nothing else I like is readily available (Firefly's out, unless the Dragoons managed to misplace one of theirs, likewise for the Hussar, although they /did/ start producing those again... kind of the same problem as the Firefly, though), for various reasons.

In the meantime, I'll go organise the not-'Mech parts of the sheet - that is more or less 'easy'. Anything I need to know about where I need to 'place' my character, and what's going on?

Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies