Vampire: Dark Ages - Transylvania by Night

Started by Pockets, May 26, 2017, 04:16:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pockets

Greetings,

I, Voivode Augustina Basarab of Clan Tzimisce, extend to you an invitation with all due hospitality to my domain for a gala on the Winter Solstice and then in the days to follow, business. I have been alternately blessed and cursed with Oracular gifts and I have reasoned that your presence within my domain will be of vast import.. Should you choose to accept my Invitation, the courier will ensure that any expenses for your trip be covered.

I look forward to speaking with you at length on the Winter Solstice.

Augustina Basarab,
                                                                                      Voivode of Clan Tzimisce

I'm putting out feelers for a Dark Ages Vampire game set in Transylvania before Vlad Tepes III was embraced by the Tzimisce and the Basarab Revenant Line still exists.

Before anyone asks, this is pre-Giovanni. And yes, all of the original 13 clans will be allowed, including Ravnos, Tzimisce, Lasombra, Cappodocians, and Salubri.

I don't want characters posted here or sent to me via PM yet. I just want to get an idea of interest.

Pertinent information is here.
08/02 - New A/A Update

RubySlippers

Oh hell yes, not sure of what I'll run, but will be not min/maxed to death (pun intended). Is this OWoD Dark Ages or v20 Dark Ages?

Angie

A curious thing happened as I read the setting and the list of bans: I became more interested. More bans just means more creativity in the eventual character-strange, right? But with parameters comes an understanding, and with understanding comes excellent characters.

Mark me as interested, my dear, though I've never done Vampire stuff before, I am quite in love with White Wolf Old World vampires, so I'm interested.
Avatar is by Lemonfont. Will remove it if he asks me to.

Come check the Cyberpunk Images Thread!

RubySlippers

My view if I want to do magic there are ample Blood Sorcery options within more than one clan so No Tremere isn't an issue for me.

Pockets

Lasombra Abyss Mystics, Tzimisce Koldun, Setite Priests, Gangrel Druids, just to name a few.

And some of the banned are simply because they don't exist yet. Others aren't available at all or need to be acquired via in game play - if you're willing to risk getting caught.
08/02 - New A/A Update

Imogen

Interested. Not sure of a clan yet, or perhaps a ghoul (if you permit them), but I've always liked the Dark Ages setting. It has been ages since I've played, though!

If there is anyone out there who'd like a ghoul/potential childe for their Assamite, I'd be interested. Note: I am not interested in a sexual relationship between the two but in the dynamics of Sire and ghoul/Childe relationship
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]Woo's and Won'ts / Absences
Stor-E Writers Registry[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Orange Marmalade

Super interested in Dark Ages! Will ponder a concept...

Marie Reynolds

I would be interested in throwing my hat into this. Would we be using owod Dark ages or version 20?

Pockets

I'll be using Revised VTM rules as I don't own enough of the V20 DA rulebooks to run it by that ruleset. Though I will be allowing stuff from some of the V20 books if I have them.
08/02 - New A/A Update

Marie Reynolds

Cool Ill start looking at clans and cooking up a concept.

Caradoc

The first time I used the name Caradoc was for a Dark Ages campaign. I'm potentially interested in this one.
So tell me do you wanna go?
Where it's covered in all the colored lights
Where the runaways are running the night
Impossible comes true, it's taking over you

My Ons and Offs

A/A's Updated 1/25/17

RubySlippers

OWoD Vampire Dark Ages or OWoD Vampire the Masquerade which is the one you mentioned.

Marie Reynolds

Oh yeah and there are two versions of dark ages as well.  Vampire Dark ages and Vampire Dark ages Revised.

RubySlippers

I think I have the original rules, not sure, it doesn't say revised and it was cheap when I picked it up.

Marie Reynolds

Does it have the black  cover with a red rose or does it have a black cover  ornate rosary. If it is the on with the rose it is the original. If it is the one with the rosary it is revised.

RubySlippers

Rose. Damn I can get the Revised rules but its not going to be exactly a way I prefer to do so. I got this rulebook and a whole pile of supplements for $6 at a garage sale.

Marie Reynolds

Well might want to wait cause I did notice the GM said VTM Revised before you go picking up any pdfs.

Pockets

Yeah, I'm going to be using predominantly VTM Revised rules in a Dark Ages setting. Because more people have the VTM books than they do the DA books. It's why on several of the rules I've stated to ask.
08/02 - New A/A Update

Marie Reynolds

Okay well  something from the dark ages books you might want to know the Tremere have existed  for 200 years on the  date start in game.

Pockets

Do you know which book to find that in? As a curiosity?
08/02 - New A/A Update

Marie Reynolds

The revised Vampire Dark Ages Core Rule book. I stand corrected it has been 2,222 years since the tremere clan completed the ritual and became vampires.

RubySlippers

Quote from: Pockets on May 27, 2017, 03:53:22 PM
Yeah, I'm going to be using predominantly VTM Revised rules in a Dark Ages setting. Because more people have the VTM books than they do the DA books. It's why on several of the rules I've stated to ask.

Oh good then I can drive cars and carry firearms with my computer on the back seat.  >:)

Well there is no horsemanship, archery or other unused skills in the modern book kind of essential in the older book, plus the Dalines game site has only Dark Ages sheets with those skills or the modern sheets with the modern skills no hybrid options.

Pockets

Quote from: Marie Reynolds on May 27, 2017, 04:02:01 PM
The revised Vampire Dark Ages Core Rule book. I stand corrected it has been 2,222 years since the tremere clan completed the ritual and became vampires.

About 200 was correct, according to the DA Core book they started in 1022.

Quote from: RubySlippers on May 27, 2017, 04:03:24 PM
Oh good then I can drive cars and carry firearms with my computer on the back seat.  >:)

Well there is no horsemanship, archery or other unused skills in the modern book kind of essential in the older book, plus the Dalines game site has only Dark Ages sheets with those skills or the modern sheets with the modern skills no hybrid options.

Some of those rules are covered as Secondary abilities in different books for VTM. But obviously we'll use DA rules for the appropriate skills.
08/02 - New A/A Update

Marie Reynolds

So will we be using Roads or Paths for this? Cause not all of the Roads in Dark Ages made it to VTM.

Imogen

Quote from: Pockets on May 27, 2017, 04:07:51 PM
About 200 was correct, according to the DA Core book they started in 1022.

Some of those rules are covered as Secondary abilities in different books for VTM. But obviously we'll use DA rules for the appropriate skills.

I look forward to it!

If I can't find a Sire/Domitor for the childe/ghoul, I might go with a regular Assamite or possibly just a good ol' Toreador. Pockets, would it perhaps be possible to play the ghoul with an NPC Domitor?
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]Woo's and Won'ts / Absences
Stor-E Writers Registry[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]