Forbidden Love

Started by Harley Quinn Rose, June 07, 2012, 08:40:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harley Quinn Rose

Screams echoed through the halls. The terrifying sound edging closer to the door. The sound of claws scraping metal pierced Demonique's ears. The sound reminded her of darker days and she cringed at the memories. She gripped Adephiel's hands and huddled closer to him. She was trembling with fear as the stench of rotted flesh and sulfur crept under the door. Adephiel pulled her onto his lap and held her tightly whispering comforting words in her ear. The overpowering smell turned his stomach but he ignored it. As if refusing to acknowledge it would make it disappear. He felt a warmth coming from behind him as a soft glow bled in through the french doors leading to the balcony. They sat huddled together on the bed like two children hiding from the monster in the closet. The screeching reached a crescendo and then stopped abruptly right outside the door.

"They've come for us My Love." Demonique whispered brokenly. Her voice thick with tears.

"Shhh Anamchara...Everything will be taken care of." he said. Placing his lips tenderly against her silver hair.

She knew he was only trying to allay her fears. How could everything be taken care of if they were surrounded? she thought to herself hysterically. Silent tears coursing down her smooth coal black cheeks.

"J'taime Mon Cherie." she whispered as she tipped her chin up and looked into his eyes.

Her blood red eyes meeting his glowing silver gaze. Their lips met in a kiss filled with all the passion of the Gods as both the front doors and the french doors crashed open. The Demons poured in the front door, talons scraping the walls and the floors. Their wings of fire and smoke extending to the ceiling burning and staining all they touched. The screeching and hissing began again as they beheld the tableau before them. Through the french doors an army of Angels marched. Their feathered wings ruffling in the wind their luminescence almost painful. Some carried swords of fire others of ice. Weapons at the ready they faced the Demons over the two bodies between them. This was the first timethey had met in centuries. The last war between the Demon King Drakes Guard and the Angel Queen Magdalena's Avengers had taken place long ago. They faced eachother now as if prepared to do battle once more. Demonique almost hissed at the site of the Angels and she clung tenaciously to Adephiel. The captain of Drakes Guard ignored the two between them and spoke to the Avengers leader.

"It has been a long time..." Cain growled

"Not long enough..." Alaric replied

"My King would not have a war started over such nonsense Alaric. What say your Queen?" he asked. His guttural tone making it hard to understand.

"My Queen wishes no blood be spilled today Cain. We have come to retrieve the Prince and nothing more." the Angel spoke evenly though he trembled with rage at being made to be civilized with these foul creatures.

Each nodded as weapons were reluctantly sheathed and they took a step towards Demonique and Adephiel. Demonique hissed as she watched the Angel advance over Adephiels shoulder.

"Come now Princess. Do not displease your father more than you already have. We have come to take you home. Do not make us do this the hard way. I am sure you do not want your....Love to see your true form." he smirked coming closer.

"Back away from her Demon!" Adephiel growled. A slight glow beginning to emanate from his skin.

"Your Highness....Do not do this right now. If you revert to your true form the Queen will not be as forgiving as she is now."

Adephiel ignored Alaric and forced his large feathered wings out of his back, his body glowing with the intensity of the sun. He wrapped his wings around them both. Attempting to shield them from the Demons as well as the Angels. The Demon Cain growled low in his throat.

"Princess....You will give me no choice but to call forth your Demon. Come now and perhaps the King will be merciful." Cain spoke attempting to use his powers to persuade her.

Demonique looked up into Adephiels eyes. Her own rapidly filling with tears.
"I'm sorry." she whispered as she tried to disentangle herself from his embrace and the cocoon he had made for them. " i don't want you to see me like that. I don't think I could take the look of disgust." she said, her voice trembling.

"I will not let you go. I do not care if you have six heads and scales. I love you. All of you." he whispered fiercely as he pulled her back.

"My Prince. please do not make us use force. If you come willingly the Queen promises to wipe your memory of the Demon Princess. She does not want you to feel unnecessary pain." Alaric pleaded with him.

Demonique whimpered at the thought of them erasing her from his mind.

" Do not worry My Love. Nothing they can do would ever make me forget you." he said. Tasting the sweetness of her mouth mixed with the bitter saltiness of her tears.

"You have given me no choice Princess." Cain whispered, almost with regret. " I call forth the true form from the depths of Hael. The one to which you were born. I call to your blood, your ancestors, your royal lineage. Bring forth the Demon that lies within.

Thunder rumbled through the sky as lightening crashed on the balcony. Demonique screamed as her back bowed. The sound of flesh being torn accompanied the appearance of wings. They were almost as large as the Angels wings but that was where the resemblance ended. Her wings were made of shadows. The skin between the bones black as midnight and thin as parchment paper, constantly moving. The bones in her wings were solid and covered in blue-green flames. The flame had an icy burn. Her skin was covered in scales that glittered with red, blue, green, and purple. Much like the colour of a raven in the sun. Her normally red eyes widened and tilted upwards as the whites of her eyes bled to black. The fingers of her hand extended into razor sharp talons. She looked away as two curved horns sprouted from her forehead. The tears she had been crying turned to blood and she bit her lip as her canines elongated and sharpened.

Adephiel cried out as the feathers of his wings were singed by the shadow flames that had erupted from her back and her claws dug into his back where she had been holding him. Demonique pulled away from him. An expression of horror crossed her face as she saw the blood that she had spilled. Cain took the opportunity to grab Demonique around the waist and passed her struggling form to his second in command.

" Adephiel!" she screamed.

Her voice tore through the air sounding like the screech of a banshee. The lesser Angel Guards were forced to cover their ears to protect themselves from the pain of the sound. Alaric swooped down and pulled Adephiel back. Adephiel reached out for Demonique. His large silver eyes filling with crystalline tears.

"Do not worry My Prince. Soon you will not even remember her name. It is better that way. Then you may start anew...perhaps with someone of your own kind." Alaric whispered to him. The tone of his voice trying to convey a sympathy he clearly didn't feel. As he pulled Adephiel away and out the french doors disappearing with the rest of the Angels in a flash of light and heat.

Demonique looked around at her cell. The bars  made of bones from stolen and lost children covered in flame and leaking blood onto the floor. She sat in the center of the small space in her humanoid form. Her eyes were swollen from constant weeping and even now the tears spilled forth. She rocked back and forth trying to forget. Trying to drive the memory of their separation from her mind. She convinced herself that she would see him one day. She would find a way to escape this prison. She would seek him out and free him from his gilded cage. And they would hide in the world between the two. Reunited, never to be separated again.

"Soon, My Love. I will be with you once more. Soon." she whispered as a pair of glowing eyes watched her from the cavernous darkness behind her.

*This was a short story I wrote based off of a poem I wrote. The story itself was going to turn into a much longer novelesque series but I have yet to finish it. Any opinions, insight, and or criticism is more than welcome :)*
I could not love thee dear, had I not loved honour more...

Satin

A really great story Harley Quinn! The pace of the storyline got me involved and interested. Your detail really allowed my imagination to work up the images in my mind of what was happening.
Thanks!
Satin

Harley Quinn Rose

Thanks I am glad you liked it. As for the detail that has always been my downfall I always add too much and I was worried that might have been the case here. :)
I could not love thee dear, had I not loved honour more...