Nightwood Falls - Freeform Horror Based Game (Closed Until Sept!)

Started by Rel Mayer, September 26, 2014, 05:18:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynnette

I have a theory of how sex between humans and monsters will look like.

I'm available on Discord!
Feel free to message me if you want to chat
Lynnpai#4726

My O/O     My guide to set up a home server and Plex
My request thread

TeacupTwink

Etherealgirl

AndyZ

Name: Courtney Jefferson

Character Type: Main Character

Physical Description: No matter what else she wears, Courtney always has on a simple silver pendant with a cross, a gift from her mother.

Personality: Courtney has good days and bad days.  On the good days, she feels almost normal, spending her life with a generally amiable attitude and hoping that people don't notice just how much of her cheerfulness she's faking.  On the bad days, she either gets excessively homesick, horrified by the deaths of her old friends or just generally morose and unresponsive.

History: Courtney came over on a school bus for a high school trip two years ago, and the bus got lost along the way.  She's the only survivor from that particular expedition: something that resembled a cross between a T-Rex and a giant buffalo forced the vehicle off the road and down into a canyon.  A handful of students managed to squeeze out through the windows and doors, but between the attacks of other creatures, the thick mist obscuring view, and the blind panic sending a couple girls slipping and falling from the road, it was pure chance that she survived at all.

Quirks: Must have 2+ and be equal to Flaws. These are positive characteristics that can help your character survive. There is where you would list weapons.

• Cafe owner: a month after she showed up, she'd been working at the Hearth Cafe when the poor woman who ran the place died and left it to Courtney.  She has things more or less under control, and often gives new people a chance to work there while they're settling in.
  • Physical pain tolerance: A contrast to her mental instability, her body just doesn't as easily shut down thanks to agony.  Her mental faculties probably won't be at her best while she's got an arrow sticking out of her arm, but she'll still be able to run without having to stop, or scream, or find some way to manage herself before fleeing.  Likewise, she won't be very fast if one of her legs is wounded, but hopping on the other leg can be lifesaving as opposed to falling down and crawling.

Flaws: Must have 2+ and be equal to quirks. These are negative characteristics which could lead to harm for your character.

• Post-Traumatic Stress: It may or may not truly qualify as a disorder, but she hasn't taken living in this city with any degree of ease.  She's much more apt to freeze in a fight-or-flight scenario, the nightmares still haunt her, and little by little her resolve wears away.
  • Homesickness: Being from outside of town means that she hasn't seen her family or friends in years, and the loneliness can, at times, border on obsession.  Offering her a way out, appearing to be her family, or similar deceptions could bring about a fatal naivete on her part.

Link your O&O: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=102977.0

Specify Ons: I'd like this girl to go through the roller coaster of being built back up before breaking down again, possibly ultimately stronger from the experience, possibly not.  A nonstop horror fest without a chance to have people help her get it together and be her friends will just result in her either collapsing into a useless, gibbering wreck or finding herself some way of escaping the city even if her body doesn't make the trip.

Specify Hard Offs: Mutilation and soul stealing are the huge ones.  I don't mind so much if the character dies, but I do feel as though there's a point where death is obvious and I don't mind simply ceding the issue.  If you must cover her in human waste, it's not going to be a sexual experience by any means, but it would certainly be a traumatic one.

Sexuality: Bisexual but still a virgin, and waiting to find the right person

Content Level: Nightmare.  I'm one of the kinds of people who would rather a character simply died if things get

Death? Y Degree of Death? (Normal, Nightmare, Hell): This one is a little more difficult to answer.  I sort of detach for a character once death is imminent and obvious, and unless her soul gets trapped or devoured or something, it doesn't much bother me if she's completely disembowled in a spectacularly messy fashion or just painlessly collapses.  If she's being torn limb from limb by starving wolves, though, I'm not going to have much interest in continuing to play it out during the course of the events.

If she ends up dying, I will most likely leave one final post giving as much as feels reasonably comfortable to me as a sendoff, and then leave an OOC that they're free to do as they like with her without worrying about god-modding or the like.

Face Claim?: If I understand this question correctly, the girl's name in my picture is Bailey Rose.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Rel Mayer

Quote from: ReaperDouble0 on September 29, 2014, 11:15:31 AM
I have a theory of how sex between humans and monsters will look like.

You mean this is not what is supposed to happen every time? :P

We are currently reviewing all the new sheets and reviewing some of the responses to other sheets. :) We'll get back to you soonish!

Sindra

GM Note

As we have been getting a lot of requests for this, I wanted to take a moment to let everyone know that we are not accepting magical Main Characters, Victims or Knowing.  The only characters that should possess any supernatural abilities are the monsters. 

Please know that this isn't directed at any one person - it is mentioned only because of the numbers of requests we have received for such things! 

Rel Mayer

King Serperior

I may have just been convinced to try out the game.  I'll admit that Violent slasher-type games aren't my first choice.....but I've been having Supernatural on the brain recently and may have an idea or two.  Might be a few days before I come up with anything solid, but I do have a monster idea.....maybe.  I've also got a 'victim' idea as well.....perhaps.  Still extreme skeletons I am working on right now.  Might have something decided by the end of the week as I am a little distracted on my end.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

Rel Mayer

Quote from: King Serperior on September 30, 2014, 03:31:16 AM
I may have just been convinced to try out the game.  I'll admit that Violent slasher-type games aren't my first choice.....but I've been having Supernatural on the brain recently and may have an idea or two.  Might be a few days before I come up with anything solid, but I do have a monster idea.....maybe.  I've also got a 'victim' idea as well.....perhaps.  Still extreme skeletons I am working on right now.  Might have something decided by the end of the week as I am a little distracted on my end.

Take your time! :) Really. I'm just excited that you're even considering it!

* Rel Mayer rolls around with.

King Serperior

The idea I have in mind, for the monster at least, is something either vaguely reptilian that can't stand Iron or Salt.....or a semi-invisible killer who only comes into physical form when in the Mist.

*Rolls around because rolling helps shake cobwebs out of the mind*   ;)

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

Rel Mayer

Quote from: King Serperior on September 30, 2014, 04:07:38 AM
The idea I have in mind, for the monster at least, is something either vaguely reptilian that can't stand Iron or Salt.....or a semi-invisible killer who only comes into physical form when in the Mist.

*Rolls around because rolling helps shake cobwebs out of the mind*   ;)

This sounds -very- interesting. If you can shake those cobwebs out, I would love to see what you come up with!

Etherealgirl

I am so looking forward to this! :D Will we know soon who's characters are approved and where we will be starting out?

Rel Mayer

Quote from: Etherealgirl on September 30, 2014, 07:52:00 AM
I am so looking forward to this! :D Will we know soon who's characters are approved and where we will be starting out?

The IC will probably be starting after this weekend. I'm currently out of town and unable to be around as much as I would like to - cutting in on my writing time. So I'm piecing some things together, but we're planning on starting it soon. :)

Caehlim

Quote from: Rel Mayer on September 30, 2014, 08:00:47 AM
The IC will probably be starting after this weekend. I'm currently out of town and unable to be around as much as I would like to - cutting in on my writing time. So I'm piecing some things together, but we're planning on starting it soon. :)

Squees with delight and then squeals in terror.

Looking forward to it. :D
My home is not a place, it is people.
View my Ons and Offs page.

View my (new)Apologies and Absences thread or my Ideas thread.

King Serperior

Well, what do you know?  The cobwebs are out!

Name:  Horror

Age: Unknown;  Has been seen and told of in stories dating back at least two centuries.

Character Type: Monster

Occupation:  Kills and Slaughters indiscriminately;  Lair:  Nomadic - Doesn't stay in one place often - Only comes to full form in the Mist

Physical Description: The Horror weighs almost a ton and is 7 1/2 feet tall.  It's body is comprised of thick, heavy bone and rippling muscle.  It's teeth and claws can crush bone and its skin is knobbly and covered in short spikes.

Personality: Slow moving, it prefers to stalk it's victims, driving them to exhaustion before administering the killing blow.  It's relatively quiet, the only sounds marking its presence being its slow, heavy breathing, heavy, thudding footsteps, and the occasional growl.  If angered, it will roar an almost earsplitting sound and will charge at any threat with surprising speed, breaking through almost anything that stands in it's way.

History:  It is said that the Horror was always there, lurking just out of sight of people.  Hunters claimed to hear it's footsteps or it's breathing and have claimed that it left dead animals, mutilated horribly out in the wilds.  Some hunters have gone missing, but everyone claims it's just a bear.  Still, some believed they knew because of old legends passed down from those who came before them.  The Knowing seemed to have discovered how to summon the Horror from the woods and have bound it to the town, but the ritual was incomplete, leaving the beast to lack a true, solid form outside the Mist.  Now, it stalks it's prey one by one, leaving a trail of blood and gore behind it....

Quirks: Must have 2+ and be equal to Flaws. These are positive characteristics that can help your character survive. There is where you would list weapons.

• No Solid Form:  Unless the Horror is in it's solid form, no weapon can harm it.  It can open doors in this form, but can't break them down.
  • Big and Extremely Strong:  Larger than the average man and weighing much more, not much can stop it once it decides to kill.
  • Thick Skin and Muscles:  Small caliber bullets barely phase it.
  • Endurance:  The Horror will stalk it's prey relentlessly until it can't fight back.  Then, it will kill the prey.
  • Like a Truck:  When the Horror charges, whatever is at the receiving end will look like it was hit by a fanged, clawed, muscular truck.
  • Claws, Fangs, and other Deadly Things:  It's body is a living weapon.  Its claws, backed by the powerful muscle, can tear through a chain-link fence like it was cardboard.  It's jaw can powder bone as if it were a carrot for a human.
  • Can open doors:  It has thumbs, so it can open doors.....but it much prefers knocking the down.

Flaws: Must have 2+ and be equal to quirks. These are negative characteristics which could lead to harm for your character.

• No Solid Form Outside of the Mist:  Without the Mist, the Horror cannot harm anything.  Yes, it can swing it's claws at someone, but they will slip right through harmlessly, like a ghost.  It can still open doors, but can't break them down.
  • Easily Spotted and Avoided:  The Horror is big and can be easily detected by it's breathing, growling, and footsteps.  Outside the Mist, it can be seen and avoided easily
  • Iron and Salt:  Iron burns the Horror's skin and is one of the few things that can penetrate it's flesh easily.  Salt stings and burns like hot coals for a human, irritating it's skin and eyes, giving someone a chance to escape should they throw it on the Horror.  A thick, unbroken line of salt in front of a door or window provides a temporary barrier between it and the victim.  Should the line be broken by any means, the Horror can just step right over it....gingerly as it wouldn't like to touch it.
  • Not Very Fast or Agile:  The Horror is not extremely fast outside of very short bursts.  If one can dodge the initial charge, it will go crashing through whatever was behind the target.  While the Horror regains it's senses, the target can escape.
  • Deep Waters:  The Horror cannot swim and will sink to the bottom of whatever it fell in;  If it cannot find a way out in 10 minutes, it will drown.
  • Not Friendly:  Will attack another monster if it feels that the monster is a threat or may steal its prey.  This can be used for a victim to escape.
  • Iron Doors:  If a door has an iron knob or the doorframe is iron or if the door has any iron on it, the Horror will sense it and will not try to go through the door.

Link your O&O: Link

Specify Ons: Stalking and Killing, that's about it.

Specify Hard Offs: Nothing sexual regarding the Horror.

Sexuality: Hungry for Flesh - Nothing sexual will ever come from anything relating to the Horror, unless someone likes to get off in a safe place while watching the Horror kill and eat it's victim.

Content Level: Hell - The Horror wants nothing more than to feed.

Death? (Y/N) Degree of Death? (Normal, Nightmare, Hell): Yes, it will be hard to kill, but death is obviously a yes.

Face Claim?: Artwork

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Rel Mayer

Quote from: Caehlim on September 30, 2014, 08:04:42 AM
Squees with delight and then squeals in terror.

Looking forward to it. :D

Same!! I can't want to see that Frozen man in action!

As well as the Horror too. ;)

Roen

Quote from: Rel Mayer on September 30, 2014, 11:04:23 AM
Same!! I can't want to see that Frozen man in action!

As well as the Horror too. ;)

Haha, yeah, Caelim created the only monster valid for monster-human rape. He's gonna have people waiting in line outside his lair. I'd bet he won't get to do much haunting and killing at all ;D

Come and Write with Me! (O/Os and Ideas)
Even the oldest of sights has a moment of rebirth.
-Nathan Alterman.

Rel Mayer

Quote from: Roen on September 30, 2014, 11:08:53 AM
Haha, yeah, Caelim created the only monster valid for monster-human rape. He's gonna have people waiting in line outside his cave. I'd bet he won't get to do much haunting and killing at all ;D

Bawhaha.

I had a few monsters in mind - but I'm waiting to see what everyone else makes. I really really wanted to make a sort of minotaur from House of Leaves, but again ... I want to see what other people make and go from there.

King Serperior

I just wonder if anyone will use the Horror's tendency to attack other monsters that it feels threatens to kill its prey to their advantage.  I will say this:  Only the Blob appears to be sturdy enough to not be destroyed by the Horror in that kind of situation and both would likely cause the other to retreat due to injuries.  O.o

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Torterrable

I think I would love for the Horror to invade the Doll House or the Bathrooms. The main issue would be in the monsters distracting each other.

Are we allowed to make more than two monsters now, or is two still the limit?

Rel Mayer

Quote from: Torterrable on September 30, 2014, 11:14:02 AM
I think I would love for the Horror to invade the Doll House or the Bathrooms. The main issue would be in the monsters distracting each other.

Are we allowed to make more than two monsters now, or is two still the limit?

Still keeping the limit at two. ;)

King Serperior

Quote from: Torterrable on September 30, 2014, 11:14:02 AM
That would depend on if there is Mist in the lairs.  Otherwise, the Horror is effectively a ghost that can open doors and leave footprints/footsteps.  Only in the Mist is the Horror physical enough to attack, harm, be harmed, and kill.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Norwegian One

Quote from: King Serperior on September 30, 2014, 11:12:01 AM
I just wonder if anyone will use the Horror's tendency to attack other monsters that it feels threatens to kill its prey to their advantage.  I will say this:  Only the Blob appears to be sturdy enough to not be destroyed by the Horror in that kind of situation and both would likely cause the other to retreat due to injuries.  O.o

The Blob says: Bring it on ;)
Ons and Offs - Picture plots - Cravings - Activity and general chat - Bookmark for activity log and updates on my posting speed
Currently not available for new RPs, random PMs still encouraged! Also, feel free to check out my threads. Feedback is always welcome! - Current response time:  Within 1 week.

TeacupTwink

I feel excitement, also you're nearly at a 1,000 views. People are all up in this, excited as .... curse words. c: