News:

Main Menu

Inside Gaming

Started by Sabby, March 02, 2012, 05:36:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sabby

If your like me, you're over networks like Gamespot, IGN, and other websites and magazines who need to blow big advertisement pole to stay in business. You can always watch X-Play if you want a more balanced and honest kind of show, but if you're not after something as critical and business like, I introduce you to your next morning routine, Inside Gaming.

What I love about this show is it's sense of humor and it's honesty, and also that it comes out every day. The two hosts seem like the perfect representatives of life style gamers, and are also very self aware of this and play it up very well. They comment on things like press releases, rumors, trailers, scandals, and whatever else is happening with the gaming world over the last 24 hours.

I've been so out of the loop the last few years because I couldn't stand the hyperbolic overload from the mainstream gaming media, but IG is the perfect updater for me ^^ short, honest, funny, and informative. Definitely bookmark it guys.

Linking one of the recent episodes.

IGDaily - Street Fighter Is Old!!! - 2/21/12

Brandon

I hope this is one of their worse episodes because I found that to be pretty intellectually numbing. Also bad, just straight up bad.
Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play

Sabby

It's not supposed to be an in depth review show, it's the short update of the day.

Brandon

Thats not what I meant. The mind numbing part was the fratboy stuff they pull from insulting the viewers to just having random stuff that made no sense in the moment. The whole thing was just a mess, not news. Take out all the yammering and you would have a 45-1 minute long show

Padding it out with all the extra...stuff just makes the show bad
Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play

Sabby

Maybe for you, but a lot of people like that kind of random stalling humor. If your taking any offense from the hosts, then I'd say your a little too serious for the show anyway.

Shjade

Good hub for picking up threads of info on things that might be interesting if you only have 5 minutes in your day to look into game news handicapped by pretty poor delivery by the hosts.

Really, these guys don't provide anything in-depth or, well, informative beyond "these things exist." Anything more than the 10-second blurbs they provide they more or less just say "Google this if you want to know more," which is going to end up with you looking through an article on The Escapist or Kotaku or something anyway, so why not cut out the middle man and just visit those sites first?

3/10
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Sabby

I guess that's why I like it. Should probably explain I like to keep my info minimal and when I get a game, I know the basics and that's it. Its not a good process for those who can't afford release date games, I admit, but I can get away with it, so IG is perfect for me :)

Brandon

Dont get me wrong, if you like it then keep enjoying it. Its just that I watched that and felt like I was stupider afterwards and thats never a good thing for me. If they want to do a news show they should do a news show, not a few second blurbs with a ton of filler. It says something like "were not informed enough or care enough to be informative" I just find that insulting to the viewer and to themselves.

They could do a lot better but after watching it I dont think they want to put in the work to be better

Sabby

Eh, if they did, they'd just be another news show. I kind of find this 'meh' formula unique, though I know it's not for everyone. I can watch X-Play if I was a review show that's not drowned in PR dribble, but I dunno where else I can get the same kind of 'frat gamer' (as you described it) experience.