Classic X-Men (Openings for Canon's Coming! OCs Welcome! LGBT Friendly!)

Started by LunarSage, August 28, 2011, 12:11:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glyph

I'd be up for playing an original character if there's room for one more.

Josietta

There is indeed.

Feel free to work up a sheet (You'll find it on the first post of this thread)  and PM it over to LunarSage, myself, and EbonyQueen. :) 

To repeat what Lunar said before:

Quote from: LunarSage on February 06, 2012, 11:43:28 PM
We're looking for pretty close to canon in this game, though you are welcome to do your own take on personalities as long as it's fairly close to the original from the comics.  Remember the game is set in 2011 but things are as they were in the mid 90s in the X-Books.  There's a timeline under "Important History" in the Information Thread that should be read to get an idea of everything.  If you would like, there is also a synopsis of gameplay so far on page one of the OOC Thread.

Think the power levels of your average X-Man in the comics.  Nothing cosmically powerful, but enough to make you super and able to be a superhero.  If you aren't sure, PM me, Josietta and EbonyQueen with your idea and we'll let you know if it's kosher.  :-)

It's all about protecting a world that hates and fears you.

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖                    ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖
                                 O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 
                           Warning:  Finicky Muse Ahead!

Darth Deadpool

Is this RP still running, and if so is it still accepting? If yes, I would like to get involved in this. I'd be interested in making an OC, though if a Cyclops is needed more then I could work with him. I've had a lot of experience writing for Cyclops so that wouldn't be a problem.
I'm back, and currently looking!

My Requests

F-List

Josietta

This RP is indeed still running. While we have been closed for recruitment we would consider taking on anyone wanting to play Cyclops, Iceman, or Gambit.  If you are indeed interested in one of those positions keep in mind that we are looking for pretty close to canon in this game, though you are welcome to do your own take on personalities as long as it's fairly close to the original from the comics.  Remember the game is set in 2011 but things are as they were in the mid 90s in the X-Books.  There's a timeline under "Important History" in the Information Thread that should be read to get an idea of everything.  If you would like, there is also a synopsis of gameplay so far on page one of the OOC Thread. There is a sheet already done up of a previous players version of those characters in the Current Approved Characters Thread.   Feel free to look it over and make any changes you'd like (bearing in mind the previously stated guidelines on keeping it canon) and PM it to myself, LunarSage, and EbonyQueen.

We are not accepting any other Original Characters or other Canon characters than those stated above or on the actual Information Thread (the ones above taking precedence).  Thank you for your interest and I hope to hear from you soon!

On behalf of the Classic X-Men staff,
-Josi

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

LunarSage

We're opening up recruitment again to try and get some new committed blood to play with us.  :-)

Currently as far as canon characters go, Longshot, Forge, Banshee, Iceman, Bishop and Psylocke are definitely available (although Psylocke's availability is pending depending on a potential player's interest).  Other canon characters like Boom Boom, Wolfsbane, Rictor, Shatterstar, Cable, Cannonball, Polaris, Multiple Man and Havok can be worked in with the right backstory.  Any other canons should be asked about up front.  We'll let you know if they're kosher for this game. 

If playing a canon isn't your cup of tea, you're more than welcome to create an original mutant character of your own.  Just let us know what your concept is and we can go from there. 

Remember also, though most of our PCs so far are straight or bi, we welcome players and characters of any orientation and identity.  We'd love to see some real diversity in here, especially given the setting and theme of the X-Men. 

We're very close to attaining big game status with our own subforum, as well!  Come on in and join the fun!

▫  A.A  ▫  O.O  ▫  Find & Seek   ▫ 

PigPin

Name: Clifford James “CJ” Simmons

Nom De Guerre: N/A

Player Name: PigPin

Sex: Male

Height: 6’

Weight: 220

Hair: Short dark

Eyes: Brown eyes

Sexual Orientation: Hetero

Ons: TBD

Offs: TBD

Place of Birth: Unknown

Current Nationality: American

Known Relatives: Unknown left at orphanage at as infant

Current Occupation: Petty

Current Place of Residence: New York

Affiliations: None

Hobbies:  Learning, drinking, poker, using his knowledge to his advantage

Origin of Powers:  Breed Mutant

Strength Level: Human strength with intensive regular exercise: Lift (press) approximately 400 lbs upwards if clones are involved

Powers:
Self-duplication through kinetic absorption (which includes items on his person at time)
Omni-Knowledge (extensive knowledge learned through re-absorption of clones)
Telepathic linkage to clones (communications, sensory data, location…)
Sonic scream
Psionic force field (protects against sonic vibrations and directs his own sonic power)
Flight (through use of the psionic ability)
Power of suggestion by voice modulation
Enhanced hearing (from distances hearing to discerning a single entity in mass chaos)
Echolocation (either through using his own voice or other sounds)
Sound containment

Fighting Skill: Class 5 through use of clones’ knowledge

Limitations:
                He is vulnerable to overstraining, overusing or injury to his throat and vocal cords.
                He is mortal.

Unusual Features: None

Appearance: 

Personality:  Cj overall attitude is uncaring.  He mostly concern with himself and personal gains.  He has high self-confidences and very self-reliant.  He’s overall morale compass lies in a grey area.

History:
                To say Cj was a product of a broken home would incorrect.  Cj was raised in an orphanage.  Nothing is known of his parents.  He was dropped of one evening on the door step, of a now defunct orphanage in southwest Tennessee.

Cj had always been able to produce clones of himself.  It wasn’t until later when his secondary mutation came to light. He was out on a date when attacked. The thug pulled a gun and demanded money.  Cj’s date began screaming for help, the thug warned the pair before firing a single shoot. Cj stepped in front of his date to shield her.  As the gun went off, Cj screamed. It was that moment the kick his sonic scream into gear. The bullet’s force was diminished instantly and it fell to the ground.  Though he saved the day, Cj lost the girl due to her disgust in “freaks”.

As the years past, Cj learned to rely on himself. He would send out clones to gather up knowledge anyway they could.  They all took different jobs, read books, and learned by doing.  The clones always came back to Cj with all they knew. 

Either it was fate, destiny, or just a curiosity, that brought Cj to New York.  He felt that New York was where he should be.  Though he was still considerable young, Cj relied heavily on his powers to get up to New York on his own.

The truth of Clifford James remains a mystery. Only the boy’s parents know who they are; which are the future’s Theresa Maeve Rourke Cassidy and James Madrox.  Siryn fearfully of her son’s life sent him back in time (with Bishop’s help).  Siryn’s fear was that James would absorb the baby, classifying it as a clone.  She wanted her child to have a chance at life.  She placed Bishop in charge of the young Sean Madrox and kissed her baby good bye.  She felt that if the baby was old enough that he could be able to come into contact with his father and the three could be a family.

LunarSage

We're opening up recruitment again to try and get some new committed blood to play with us.  :-)

Currently as far as canon characters go, Longshot, Forge, Banshee, Iceman, Bishop and Nightcrawler are definitely available.  Other canon characters like Boom Boom, Wolfsbane, Rictor, Shatterstar, Cannonball and Havok can be worked in with the right backstory.  Any other canons should be asked about up front.  We'll let you know if they're kosher for this game. 

If playing a canon isn't your cup of tea, you're more than welcome to create an original mutant character of your own.  Just let us know what your concept is and we can go from there.

Remember also, though most of our PCs so far are straight or bi, we welcome players and characters of any orientation and identity.  We'd love to see some real diversity in here, especially given the setting and theme of the X-Men. 

We're very close to attaining big game status with our own subforum, as well! 

We have have our own subforum for some time now.  Come on in and join the fun!

See the first post for details of character creation.

Kokaine

Getting back into the swing of things posting wise and think I might like to try and join again (with a different character) if you'll have me.
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

LunarSage

We'd love to have you back, Kokaine!  Send us a sheet and we'll let you know if he or she fits.  :-)

Josietta

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

LunarSage

We're sending out an all call again to try and get some new committed blood to play with us.  :-)

Currently as far as canon characters go, Longshot, Forge, Banshee, Iceman, Bishop and Beast are definitely available.  Other canon characters like Boom Boom, Wolfsbane, Rictor, Shatterstar, Cannonball and Havok can be worked in with the right backstory.  Any other canons should be asked about up front.  We'll let you know if they're kosher for this game. 

Remember also, though most of our PCs so far are straight or bi, we welcome players and characters of any orientation and identity.  We'd love to see some real diversity in here, especially given the setting and theme of the X-Men.  We do have some gay characters in the game at this point and we certainly wouldn't mind some more. 

We have have our own subforum for some time now.  Come on in and join the fun!

See the first post for details of character creation.

Kuroneko

Would you allow a version of Ultimate Forge rather than 616 Forge?
Ons & Offs//Requests//Where is the Black Cat?
Current Posting Time - Once a Week or More

"One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art" ~ Oscar Wilde
"I dream of painting and then I paint my dream" ~ Vincent Van Gogh

Kokaine

Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

LunarSage

Quote from: Kuroneko on March 17, 2013, 09:50:08 AM
Would you allow a version of Ultimate Forge rather than 616 Forge?

I don't know anything about Ultimate Forge.  What's different about the character?

Quote from: Kokaine on March 17, 2013, 10:08:06 AM
Is the rule still that a player is only allowed 1 OC?

The one OC and one canon rule was essentially for new players so we could get a sense of that player's commitment to the game before we allowed a bunch of characters.  You've been with us for long enough that I'd allow another OC if you wanted.  :-)

Kuroneko

Quote from: LunarSage on March 17, 2013, 10:11:08 AM
I don't know anything about Ultimate Forge.  What's different about the character?

Mostly that he's younger and was never military.  I've played a version of him on my own Marvel site for a long time, cboosing this version because it allowed me to focus on his Native hertage and make up a suitable rez kid background, treating his powers as a gift from Great Mystery just like any other medicine man.  More of a machine savant prone to meditative trances while using his powers than a mechanic, if that makes sense. Talking to machines, dreaming up new designs, hearing them in his head, and so on.  I guess you'd probably need to read some of it to make a decision on whether or no he'd be suitable.

LunarSage

Ah, that should be fine then.  So no sacrificing the souls of his squadmates to summon demons to kill the enemy to save his own life?   ;)

As long as you play him as though he's been with the X-Men for a few years helping out with gadgets (as that's already been established in this timeline with him as a background NPC before), you can make him yours however you'd like.

You could even make him a student or a student/probationary X-Man.

Kuroneko

Quote from: LunarSage on March 17, 2013, 10:27:06 AM
Ah, that should be fine then.  So no sacrificing the souls of his squadmates to summon demons to kill the enemy to save his own life?   ;)

As long as you play him as though he's been with the X-Men for a few years helping out with gadgets (as that's already been established in this timeline with him as a background NPC before), you can make him yours however you'd like.

You could even make him a student or a student/probationary X-Man.

LOL, uh no.  Just a distracted inventor who talks to every machine around him, maybe even the toaster >.>, occasionally spouting off zen like wisdom and maybe treating the danger room like a perfect girlfriend, lol.

I'd rather he was an X-Man, and build on the NPC background.  I'm not much for playing teenagers ;).

LunarSage

Well we do have a PC who's essentially a ghost in the machine.  Pumpkin Seeds plays her.  Mayhap you should correspond with her for your concept.  :-)

Being an X-Man is totally fine though.  ;D

Kuroneko

I'll take a look at her character sheet ;).

Oh, wait ... the game's in the non con forums.  I'm sorry, but I don't play there.

LunarSage

Well, I've never seen a single NC scene in the year and a half that we've been playing.  Putting it in NC was a pretty arbitrary decision.  If you'd prefer, we can see about getting it moved to Bondage.

Kuroneko

There's no reason to move a game for one person.  I'm just not comfortable playing in the NC forums for personal reasons.

Good luck with the game :)

LunarSage

I've already sent the request.  You're not the first person who's mentioned that, Kuro.  It's something we'd been considering for some time, so no worries... it's not entirely because of you, though we would love to play with you.  :-)

Kuroneko

LunarSage

One thing we want to make a point of mentioning is that we want characters whose backgrounds aren't too outrageous.  Right now we're saying no to Original Characters from the past/future, another dimension, government experiments and the like.

Apologies for not making this clear before... but we're at the moment looking for OCs who are students learning to control their powers or actual X-Men who've got a good handle on their powers.  Experience is fine for X-Men, so long as the bolded and blue part is heeded.

Photo

I'm in. I just had the intention to start an x-men game with 100% original characters, maybe one day we can cross over. :)

Anyway. I'd like to commit a new OC to your RP. I'll find the character template and PM it to you LunarSage. I feel like that is the most simple way to go.
Apologies and Absences

MIA MIA MIA MIA MIA MIA