News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Look Out New York, Here I Come

Started by yesiroleplay, January 31, 2011, 07:24:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yesiroleplay

The classroom complex was a confusing maze of corridors, vestibules, and never-ending rows of identical doorways.  Of course, Justine got lost.  And it didn't help that she'd burned up hours in the bookstore, distracted from her quest for textbooks by things like cute outfits, cute boys, the latest electronics, and a whole row full of all her favorite junk foods.

So, despite an early start and a late class time she stumbled into class late, arms full of books, an empty book bag hooked over an elbow, and wearing a new pink sweatshirt.  She grabbed the nearest chair she could find, and collapsed into it with what could best be described as a controlled avalanche of print material and leggy cooed.

First day was always rather chaotic, and the professor and her fellow students mostly ignored her anti-dramatic entrance. "Has he started the lecture?"  She asked the boy sitting next to her, managing to keep her voice less intrusive than her arrival.

quietone

Unable to get someone to cover for him, Josh had worked the night before getting off at 6 AM.  Rather than go home where he knew he'd over sleep he drove to school and spent the 3 hours before class at his desk sleeping. A little tired and impatient Josh had pushed his text book over slightly so that it was covering half of the other chair's table. Of course the girl in the bright pink sweatshirt that hurt his eyes and had the school name printed, didn't see the book and more or less collapsed next to him. Pulling his text book out from under some of the apparently new girl's stuff and set it in front of his notes before answering her with a harsher tone then he meant.

"We're half way through the lecture."

Looking up at the board as the professor continued his lecture he started feeling to feel bad. It was the first day after all, so attempting a more cheerful tone he tried to make up for it.

"Actually you didn't miss that much and I'll let you look over my notes after class if you want. I'm Josh by the way."

Looking at Justine for the first time sense she sat down Josh smiled and went to shake her hand.
"As he defeated-dying-
On whose forbidden ear
The distant strains of triumph
...Burst agonized and clear!"

yesiroleplay

"Thank you. I'm Justine."  Justine smiled gratefully, too distracted to notice the harshness of  his first reply.  She didn't offer a hand as they were busy keeping her books from spreading even more randomly.  "Everything here is just, so much!" Her pale blue eyes flashed a reflection of the smile, but she turned away from him after a moment as she sorted through her newly acquired booty to find a pen and notebook.  It was only minutes later, listening to the professor go through the syllabus, that her heart sank in reaction to dire suspicion.

"Uh..."  She leaned over and whispered to the guy...  Josh?  Yeah Josh.  "Josh?  This isn't Freshman English, is it?"  How could she be so stupid as to go to the wrong classroom?  She was sure the number was right.  Sorting again through her newly-purchased mess, she found her class schedule and checked her watch.  It looked like... oh my gosh!  She wasn't late for class, she was almost an hour early!  "Stupid, stupid, stupid!" She muttered to herself.  Maybe she could fake it and sit through the class.  At least she was in the right place.

quietone

Almost forgetting the girl in pink Josh went back to taking notes and started to glaze over when he was pulled back into the waking world by the girl in pink. Stifiling a laugh at her sudden whispering outburst he turned and looked at Justine trying to figure out if she was joking.

"No, this is cultural anthropology not english. Don't beat yourself up to bad, " managing a more sencere tone "It happens to everyone sometime or another."

Turning back to the front of the room Josh began to worry. NO NO NO, what is her name? Now what do i do. Leaning over her shouldier he checked the corner of her paper to see if she wrote her name on it. Then the teacher dismissed the class, turning Josh tried not to be obvious "Bye and goodluck. "

"As he defeated-dying-
On whose forbidden ear

yesiroleplay

She gave him a bright, grateful smile.  "Thanks."  She whispered back, then reclined and doodled through class, Her name as Justine, and she had written it at the top of the page when she thought she'd be taking notes.  She changed her watch to match the clock on the wall - her phone changed on it's own when you moved between time zones, and she simply forgot that watches didn't do the same.

"Thanks again Josh."  She stood and offered a hand when class broke up.  "You're really sweet.  I hope everyone here is as nice as you, once I get to know them. And... yeah.  Good luck to you!" The break between classes was ten minutes, but she was already in the right room, so she was in no hurry.  "Say - you seem to know your stuff around here."  She guessed.  "Can you tell me the best place to eat? How's the school cafeteria?"

quietone

Relaxing a little bit now that he'd seen her name, Josh decided not to rush off immediately since he didn't have another class for a few hours. " Oh it's excellent if you like the idea of dog food. But there is a good cafe on campus and a decent diner 5 minutes away. Other than that stick to the snacks and microwave foods at the bookstore. If you need some help getting to know the place just let me know."

Taking a his note book back out of his bag he wrote down his phone number and tore that part of the paper out. Just text me when your out of your class I'm normally around campus anyway. "Do you live on campus?"
"As he defeated-dying-
On whose forbidden ear

yesiroleplay

"Thanks."  She took his digits and tucked them into her notebook.  "And, uh.  no.  No doggie food for me thanks!"  She giggled, and decided not to tell him the reason she as carrying all her books in her arms was because the book bag was full of the snacks he'd already mentioned.  She didn't want to seem like a pig.

"Great!  I'll check out the cafe after this class."  People were coming in and sitting and she glanced at the clock, still no hurry.  "Yeah, over on Peakwood Place. It's more like an apartment that a dorm though - I guess the freshman dorms were full or something."

quietone

Starting to feel a little rushed by the next class comeing in Josh started shifting towards the door. "Very nice. I live with a couple of roomates in an apartment few blocks away. Anyway I'll probably see you at the cafe." Taking another look at the pile of books on the desk and her seemingly full bookbag. "Just how many classes are you taking this semester? " The other students coming in were starting to fill the seats around them as he continued blocking the aisle where they had been sitting.
"As he defeated-dying-
On whose forbidden ear

yesiroleplay

Oh gosh!  She saw him eying the bag and she just knew he was seeing into it.  "Uh...  5 classes.  Why?  Is that a lot?"  She asked innocently, letting her overly blue eyes do more talking than her words.  She noticed the pileup and the few glares, and turned to the short blonde girl most notably fussing to get through.  "We'll only be a moment, promise!"  She told her before turning back to Josh.

"I should sit, I guess.  Maybe I'll see you at the cafe?" She asked, trying to be polite to the only person she knew in town.  She gave the blonde a warning glare, "one more minute!"  But she moved so people could pass.  "Bye Josh.  Thanks for all your help."
---------------------------
The cafe was packed with the noontime rush, and after a minute of looking she saw no sign of Josh.  Oh well, she could eat alone, or maybe make a new friend or something.  She'd stopped by the apartment earlier, and though she was still wearing the loud pink sweatshirt, at least her book bag wasn't overstuffed with junk food.  "What's a Guy-Ro?"  She asked the girl behind the counter, the picture looked pretty good.  "It's pronounced Hero."  The girl told her, obviously used to the freshman mistake.  "They're good, you want one?" Justine ordered the Gyro and lemonade, and after receiving the sandwich, went in search of a seat.

Ursaminor

Walking into the packed cafe, Dae gets in line to order her food. Her stomach growls so loud she is amazed no one else hears it.  She breathes a sigh of relief as she walks up to the counter to order her food. "I would like a chicken salad sandwich with chips".  Handing the girl behind the counter the money she grabs her food. Turning to sit down she realizes that only a few seats are left open.  Looking around she spots a girl in a rather pink shirt sitting alone looking a little anxious. Must be a freshman like me. Walking up to her "Hello my name is Daenaria, Dae for short. May I sit here?"

yesiroleplay

"Sure."  She moved her bag.  "I was expecting someone, but it looks like he might not make it.  I'm Justine."  She waved a greasy hand. wiggling the fingers.  "Sorry, I'm wearing my food."  She grinned while explaining why she didn't offer a hand.  "So do you go to school here?"  She asked, detecting some of the obvious tells of a student in the girl's dress and manner, but asking the question just to be polite.  She scanned the crowd once more before turning her pale eyes and full attention to the blonde girl.

Ursaminor

"Thank you so much. Yes I am. It's my first year. My mother dropped me off yesterday."  Noting the pretty girl in front of her. "How are you enjoying your classes?  I've already had 2 of mine."   Dae starts to munch on her sandwich. Putting a lock of her golden hair behind her ear, she smiles hoping the girl in front of her doesn't think her a pig for diving into her food.  Running from class to class on no breakfast worked up an appetite that had to be satisfied.

quietone

Josh was trying to walk quickly through the hall without looking obvious about it, on his way to the cafe after stopping at the bookstore for the last of his books. Stopping just outside the cafe he scanned the tables and seeing Justine already with another woman. Walking up to the counter noticing that as usual the place is packed he decides to get his to go. "1 Gyro,  1 baklava and a lemonaid to go please." Not looking up from her pad the girl took his order. "It will be 5 minutes." After paying for his food he stepped aside to let the next person order. Standing a little down the counter he turned to see Justine and the other girl talking quite happily to each other.
"As he defeated-dying-
On whose forbidden ear

yesiroleplay

"Oh god!"  Justine rolled her eyes.  "Everything here is so confusing!"  She confessed.  "I went into the wrong class, and I almost died of embarrassment."  She laughed.  "Of course, that's how I met Josh, so it wasn't totally bad I suppose.  Only it looks like he stood me up, so perhaps this isn't turning into such a great day overall."

She finished the last few bites of her Gyro, deciding that they were indeed good.  "And... oh look!  It's him!" She waved a hand toward the boy lingering at the counter.  "Josh, over here!"  She smiled and waved again until she was sure he'd seen her.  "He's kinda cute, huh?"  She asked Dae before he could arrive.

Ursaminor

Dae turns around looking for the guy that Justine was pointing out.  Eyeing him quickly she decided that he was indeed cute.  "I must admit the he is quite attractive." Smiling at Justine. "And you just met him? What luck." Finishing her sandwich. "Wow the food here is great, I think I'll just have to start coming here more often. Do you have anymore classes today?"

yesiroleplay

"Quite attractive?"  She giggled at the words.  "Oh come on, he's totally hot and you know it!"  She teased.  "Yeah, I met him in an anthropology class I wasn't enrolled in.  He was really nice to me." She was wiping her hands now, going through the second napkin.  "Wow, they are good, but Gyros are really greasy!"  She noted.  "I better not make a habit of them, huh?"  She crinkled up her nose in a cute grin.

"So, have you decided on a major?"  She asked when Josh turned away - probably to get his food.

Ursaminor

Blushing. "Ok, I admit he is very hot." Looking back at Josh and seeing him turn around, she tips her head to the side to and leans over to get a better view of his backside. Giggling and turning back before Josh notices, she winks at Justine. "His back looks just as good as his front. I'm majoring in Biology, I'm hoping to be a veterinarian.  How about you?"

yesiroleplay

"I haven't decided." She confessed.  "All the core classes are the same no matter what you pick, so I thought I'd wait and see."  Folding her hands over her book bag, arms along the tabletop to the elbow, leaned slightly in and relaxed.  She was done with her meal but in no hurry to go.  "I thought maybe journalism.  I like writing.  And snooping."

quietone

Picking up his food and thanking the woman at the counter Josh made a quick decision to say hi to Justine before going. He didn't want to look like a jerk for standing her up. As he negotiated the tables and students he watched as two woman giggled to each other, a little curious if they'd noticed him come in.
"Hey, sorry i'm late. How do you like it, good right?"
"As he defeated-dying-
On whose forbidden ear

yesiroleplay

"It's very good!"  She agreed.  "I've never had a gyro before."  She confessed.  "But I think I'll try a salad next time."  She waved toward the other girl.  "This is Dae."  She smirked, thinking to add that the girl thought he was cute, but decided not to stir that pot just yet.

Ursaminor

Dae smiled and waved at Josh seeing as how his arms were full of food. "Hello. Will you be joining us for lunch today?" A small blush tinted Dea's cheeks when she realized that Josh is much cuter up close.

quietone

Smiling broadly Josh quickly decided that he wouldn't be eating in front of a computer working on homework. "Of course I would love to." Pulling out so that he was seated at the table facing both of them, he set his styrofoam box on the table and opened it. "So what were you two talking about that has you so giddy?"
"As he defeated-dying-
On whose forbidden ear

yesiroleplay

"New York, and all the great things in it."  Justine shot back promptly.  "There are some great attractions here."  She was finished with her meal, but that was no reason to rush off.  Folding her hands on the table before her, she looked from one to the other.  "So, you want to be an anthropologist?"  She asked brightly.  "Or is that class just a req for something you really want to do?"

quietone

Looking over at Dae's still obvious blush Josh decided to let Justine change the subject. Leaning back in his chair, "No I'm going into economics as my major, cultural anthropology is just a useful course. When did you get into town? Have you had any time to explore yet?"
"As he defeated-dying-
On whose forbidden ear

Ursaminor

taking a sip of water to help cool her face down "I got in just yesterday, my mother drove me here. I swear we got lost at least a hundred times. I haven't been able to explore too much just the campus. How about you? Did you grow up here or are you from somewhere else?"  Turning to Justine " How do you like it here so far?"