The Hand of Fate

Started by Random, March 01, 2008, 01:00:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Random

As anyone who may have read over my Introduction thread knows, I have a character I've been playing with and trying to develop for years. I've never had her in an adult setting, but I think it's time she grows up. ;)

This is a fantasy setting, as you will see if you read on, comprised of a couple different races. I'm looking for someone to play Mirsst Solarius, the dashing hero. If gameplay goes far, his character will encounter a few twists, and the story will get darker, but let's not count our chickens before they've hatched, eh?

Here is what I've come up with as the little backstory to The Hand of Fate:

Aleria. A prosperous country whose beauty shined not only through the people, but in the country itself. Rich, rolling hills of lush green made the landscape simply picturesque. To the south, tall forests sheltered the Manahas, a short race that thrived on the earth, using it to its fullest, giving back everything they took to the trees that sheltered them. To the west, sweeping plains of tall sweet grass that swayed in the wind, wherein mainly humans survived, tilling the land and growing the vegetables and fruits that were shipped all over Aleria. To the east, the sea, where the fisherfolk lived, keeping to themselves, rumored to have the blood of the merpeople mingled with their human heritage. And to the north, a large and ominous mountain chain, the Obenach, stretching over the expanse of Aleria's northern border. At the centermost base of the Obenach was the capital of Aleria, Menin, where the race of the Diamas controlled all of Aleria's comings and goings with a kind but just governing. Each race had its own ruler, but the High Queen of Aleria was seated in power in Menin. Crystallia was her name, full-blooded Diamas, and there had been a peace over Aleria for many years since her rise to power. But that was about to change...

On the other side of the Obenach lived a treacherous and brutal people, half human, half goblin. Rhone was the name of their country, ruled by a human overlord, Rubius, who had grown very powerful during Aleria's prosperous peace. He craved the fertile lands on the other side of the mountain, for his was little more than a dusty plain, with the terrain becoming icy and chilled the further north one traversed. And so it was that the raids began, and they couldn't have come at a more horrible time. Crystallia was with child, and as the raids grew more intense, her husband, Colal, began leading armies of the Diamas to destroy the halfbreeds trying to take them over. Before Crystallia had even had a chance to tell her husband of her pregnancy, Colal was killed, throwing not only Menin, but all of Aleria into a panic. The inevitable eventually happened: Menin itself was taken, the castle destroyed, the city burned. The Diamas were forced to flee, and the councillors threw Crystallia into hiding, taking her far from Menin, indeed, out of Aleria altogether, to one of the smaller countries to the south, Mastas, with a population mainly human. Someone of Diamas blood would stick out like a sore thumb, for their unique appearance was not something seen out of Menin. Their hair grew in all sorts of different shades, with eyes to match, and their flesh was white, almost luminescent. Crystallia, for example, had long locks of brilliant blue that cascaded down her back, and that same blue resided in her eyes. She was thin and tall of stature, truly regal in her grace, and her voice was soft, gentle, like the touch of a breeze on someone's face. And so the bounty Rubius had placed upon the heads of the Diamas made life difficult for the graceful race indeed.

As Menin burned, the crest of Aleria that had been cast into the throne of Crystallia was pried out, though broken in half in the process. One half, Crystallia kept, wearing it chained round her neck as a reminder of the days of peace, days she would one day like to see renewed. The other, she kept concealed, hoping to one day give it to the one she would call King when the peace of Aleria was renewed.

Seven months had passed, and Crystallia had come to work in a tavern and inn in central Mastas, a small tavern nestled on the shores of a crystal clear lake, aptly named The Lakeside Tavern and Inn. Round and protruding her belly stuck out, harboring the child that would come in two months' time, the rightful heir to the throne of Aleria. Her hair she wore always pulled up, concealed by a kerchief to hide its odd hue, and as a gesture of kindness, the other barmaids began wearing their hair in the same fashion, so as not to raise any suspicions about Crystallia. It was here in this cozy old tavern that she would meet Mirsst Solarius, the man that would change her life forever...

If you're interested in taking on Mirsst, just send me a pm. I'd love to have an uber-descriptive writer, someone that can excel in writing the romance and the action as well as the behind-closed-doors steaminess. This story is one I would LOVE to see played out fully, and if it goes where I'd like it to go, it's going to take a while, so only the very serious need apply. I'm going to need you for the long haul, baby. :)

Garreth

A long running descriptive, romantic roleplay in an original fantasy setting? I've been looking for something like that for a long time.

I won't promise a lot of posts every day, but I bet you prefer one big one a day rather than several quickies anyway. Ad perhaps I'll manage 2 or 3 a day, depending also on your own speed in responding. I've read your Ons & Offs, and I think we could make something like this work together.

Anyhow, I'm here to stay, but it's up to you if I'll be staying with you or not.
Judge one's character not from the options he's given, but from the choice he makes from them.

Random

Yes, it's true, I'm a supporter of quality over quantity. I would much rather see one nice, big descriptive post than several short and sweet's running around.

I'll definitely be able to do at least one good post a day, perhaps 2 or 3 depending on the day and what I have going on. I'm in college, so I have classes five days a week and I work five days a week, but generally I have some free time at least four out of the five days, about 3 hours' worth. I could work a post in during that time as well, probably two if you were able to respond.

But we'll work all that out as we go along. :)

As we get deeper into the story, I'll probably have you take on the role of Rubius as well.

That's it, welcome aboard! I'm glad you're interested in this. ;D