News:

Sarkat And Rian: Happily Ever After? [EX]
Congratulations shengami & FoxgirlJay for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Small group game to Large group game?

Started by Dramen, July 01, 2010, 12:46:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dramen

Hi! I'm not sure who to address this question to so I figured I would just put it here.

I have a small group game that is under the NC category. I heard that some of the OOC gets counted in the overall count getting to 1000. Is that how it works for a small game to become a large group game? The game is Superheroes Vs Villains. We have several threads and an active OOC so it's only a matter of time if post count and activity are the factors.

So how does the small group game become a large one?

Thanks!
Dramen

Caeli

Getting a subforum for a group game (i.e., the process of going from a small group game to a large group game) is mostly taken on a game by game basis, but we generally look at the ratio of IC to OOC posts when reviewing a game's activity. Games with a very active OOC thread would require significantly more IC posts than one with a less active OOC thread.

For example, if a group game is composed of 500 IC posts and 800 OOC posts, we would probably ask the GM(s) to make the request again when the number of IC posts is closer to 1000. A game that has 750 IC posts to 250 OOC posts would be more likely to garner a subforum; but again, it's really taken on a game by game basis.

However, we generally like to see the number of in-game posts to be very close to 1000 when being asked for a large group subforum.
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Dramen

I understand thanks! ::D

We'll keep going as we are I was just curious. So when we get up around 1000 do I just ask someone about this again?

Thanks again! :D

Haibane

Dramen

Right and our OOC posts are higher because we sort of had a false start then started for real which took some OOC space. Like I said I understand the reasoning. I fully expect the game to get there in time and we'll revisit it then. I took a long vacation recently and the game didn't skip a beat, so it's pretty strong. We'll get there soon enough.

Thanks again!

Caeli

Quote from: Haibane on July 01, 2010, 01:47:53 PMYep. PMing a Deity is best.

Yes, quite right. :-)

In any case, it never hurts to ask; if ever in doubt, please feel free to PM any one of us. Note that only a G-level staff member (Goddess, Genie, God) can make the subforum for you, but any S-level staff member (Siren, Sidhe, Satyr) can forward a large group request.
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Dramen