Modern Dark Fantasy - [EX]

Started by Atlus, July 04, 2009, 05:03:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thufir Hawat

Quote from: Indigo on July 14, 2009, 12:17:53 PM
Ah...thanks for the link. 

...lovely...I'm liking it already.
You are welcome ;).
Yeah, it's a nice game. These are some of the games I like most, and I have reasons to like each and every one listed!
Join The System Gamers List
Request thread 1 Request thread 2
Request thread 3
ONs and OFFs
"Love is a negative form of hatred." - Roger Zelazny, This Immortal

A&A thread!

precious

OldSchoolGamer

So where are we going with this?  I can write some backstory for the wormhole/portal area if y'all like.

Question Mark

Quote from: TyTheDnDGuy on July 06, 2009, 11:03:27 PMI think we're getting warmer here.  Maybe I'll try mapping some of this ouit, write a little backstory.

I think I'll do that too.

Chat Noir

I'm interested, by the by. Once a system is settled upon I will need some help getting the hang of it because I've not played much for system games but I'm sure I can pick it up.
If you've been missing me please see my thread here.

"Sticks and stones may break my bones...
...but whips and chains excite me."

Ons and Offs
My Roleplays:
Dirty Little Secret|Mystery Men - Unsung Superheroes

LadyDiscord

Join my village and make money.
✔✦✘

Thufir Hawat

If the GM picks a system from my list, both of you can PM me with any questions ;).
No, I'm nto going to make your characters for you :P. Questions are fine, though.
Request thread 3
ONs and OFFs

A&A thread!

LadyDiscord

Wouldn't ask you to. :P But thanks! It shouldn't be to hard to grasp.
Join my village and make money.
✔✦✘

Thufir Hawat

No, it shouldn't >:). I took care to only recommend systems that are not only free and work well for such a kind of game, but also are short enough to be grasped fast.
Oh, and you are welcome :P!
Request thread 3
ONs and OFFs

A&A thread!

Atlus

NEMESIS is the system. It's got what we need and is flexible enough to grow with the game. Look for a solidified setting in the near future (not tonight, I need sleep). I'm shooting for a weekend start date. Those of you writing setting background can send it to me via pm and we'll discuss.
How profound such profanity can be.

<a href="https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=16848.0" target="_blank">Ons and Offs</a>

Thufir Hawat

How many dice do we get to create characters >:)?
Also, what kind of solidified setting are you looking for? I might know something free that fits it, too.
Request thread 3
ONs and OFFs

A&A thread!

Indigo

-if this is still on the table-

To expand on Thufir Hawat's question on character creation, will we be permitted to make more then one?  I asked earlier, but never had that clarified.  Also, I will send a few thoughts on setting background to you, Atlus, as you requested, as soon as I write them out.

Chat Noir

I'm gonna need someone to give point me in the right direction for where to go on the NEMESIS website to find a character sheet/create a character when this all starts. I'm totally system-retarded when it comes to going it all alone.

Ons and Offs
My Roleplays:

Indigo

Quote from: Thufir Hawat on July 14, 2009, 11:55:58 AM
Indigo, I only offered free systems for obvious reasons, so here is a link for NEMESIS.
http://www.nemesis-system.com/what-is-nemesis.html
It's also a free download, so you can look up the rules from this link. I guess we might not be allowed to use spells, at least not in the beginning, and it might be a bad idea even if we are, but you've got to ask the GM about this... ;)
I quote what Thufir Hawat linked up above.  :-)  (please note edit below)

--edit, also, you don't have to download, just 'view', when your looking through things, if you wish.  It's a PDF format that way

--another edit!
To be more specific on your questions;
QuoteI'm gonna need someone to give point me in the right direction for where to go on the NEMESIS website to find a character sheet/create a character when this all starts. I'm totally system-retarded when it comes to going it all alone.
Character sheet click Here
Rules/how to create a character/stats click Here

Thufir Hawat

Chat Noir, just ask and you'll get an answer... :P

Atlus, I think that besides the number of dice, we also need to know whether the "supernatural" advantage is allowed in play ;). It tends to make a real difference... ;D
Request thread 3
ONs and OFFs

A&A thread!

Chat Noir

Thanks for the more direct links, it's what I was trying to ask for, lol.

I might not be able to figure out building a character on my own. I might just be too system retarded for this ^^;

Assuming I can slog through the character creation and not cock it up massively I'm all for it though

Ons and Offs
My Roleplays:

Question Mark

Quote from: Chat Noir on July 31, 2009, 09:49:49 PMThanks for the more direct links, it's what I was trying to ask for, lol.

I might not be able to figure out building a character on my own. I might just be too system retarded for this ^^;

Assuming I can slog through the character creation and not cock it up massively I'm all for it though

Everything she said pretty much applies to me as well.

Thufir Hawat

Nobody here is "too much system-retarded"!
How do I know this? You are all successful with using a personal computer, or you wouldn't be posting here ;). A computer is a much harder system to operate, you're just more familiar with it.
As I said, ask for directions, I'm here to help. I find that most people just never had anyone to explain them the "how" and "why" of using a system.
Request thread 3
ONs and OFFs

A&A thread!

Callie Del Noire

I'd like to play a d20 Modern 'Shadows' game of some sort. Never seem to pool interest into it on the local game store level.

I think it would be fun to be a teifling/drow(or half-drow elf) growing into his/her abilities and come down to the big city chasing after a father the character never knew and finding a whole new 'darker' world.

Thufir Hawat

You can certainly play that concept, if Atlus allows it, but the system for this game would be NEMESIS. It's no big deal to create a dark elf with this system.
I guess we are waiting for GM's input... ;)
Request thread 3
ONs and OFFs

A&A thread!

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Thufir Hawat on August 01, 2009, 01:48:18 PM
You can certainly play that concept, if Atlus allows it, but the system for this game would be NEMESIS. It's no big deal to create a dark elf with this system.
I guess we are waiting for GM's input... ;)

Never used it. ;d And to be honest I thought the dark elves/teiflings got the short stick for their LA penalty.

Thufir Hawat

I don't see a point in discussing LA penalties, since we won't be using D&D anyway. In NEMESIS, your dark elf is not penalized for being of a particular race, at least not by the game itself.
Now, in the setting, dark elves might have something of a bad reputation, since they usually do, but it's up to the GM... ;D
Request thread 3
ONs and OFFs

A&A thread!