The Tiger General's Rebellion [Courtiers Win!]

Started by Caeli, March 18, 2010, 06:34:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kye

Growing more and more worried and agitated by the changes in vote Kyrsa paces back and forth as she thinks.  She was almost completely certain in her heart that Xandi was innocent, and yet she was watching the votes stack up against her.  "I truly believe that Xandi is innocent, I can only hope that changing my vote does not condemn an innocent person to death.  I change my vote to LadySky."

Autumn52

As it seems my death is coming closer I will change my vote to someone I believe to be innocent in and effort to save myself. Please forgive me LadySky
May light guide you through your turmoil and may darkness never cross your path.

White Light be upon you if that is your wish

Ryven

"With all this vote changing, I'm thinking maybe both of you have something to hide.  I change my vote to Xandi.  Let us see if fate favors one or the other of you."  Ryven said after watching the debate.

Imogen

Imogen raised her gaze to Kyrsa and nodded pensively. "I shall change my vote as well." She sighed and turned her gaze to LadySky. "I am not at all convinced of Xandi's guilt, LadySky, but it seems I must choose between the two of you."

She folded her hands in the long sleeves of her embroidered robe. "May the wolves tear you apart if you are proven guilty, LadySky but your pleas sounded sincere. That took courage and perseverence. I shall change my vote to Xandi."
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]Woo's and Won'ts / Absences
Stor-E Writers Registry[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Autumn52

I beg of you, Imogen and Ryven, to change your vote you are a Loyalist and I know my death will haunt you. You will only be hurting the empire and the loyalist. Please I swear I am innocent and do have a "role" to fulfill.  I leave my life in your hands.

After pleading my case I go to the same water where I sent Kurzyk souls to rest and think this could be my fate very soon.
May light guide you through your turmoil and may darkness never cross your path.

Imogen

Imogen sank into a low chair and rubbed her eyes. "I do not know who to believe. Both the Lady Sky and Xandi presented me with strong pleas, although neither offered proof." She opened her fan and waved herself some fresh air before her gaze sought Xandi. "I shall trust you for now, Xandi. But I cannot condemn LadySky after heeding her pleas. For now, l withdraw my vote from both of you and return to my original choice of the lady Kyrsa
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

LadySky

LadySky sighed, "What is truly sad is that in all likelyhood both Xandi and I are innocent of being Wei spies. Imogen you should know that with the vote being tied everyone will be forced to vote again, choosing between Xandi and myself. You will be forced to make a choice between she and I no matter what. I ask you to please change your vote once more and vote for Xandi. Honestly, I believe she is innocent but I cannot prove that in any way. I do however KNOW of my innocence and thus ask for you to spare my life." after speaking she again sat silent and waiting, her eyes filled with sadness as she watched what was most surely going to be another victory for the Wei spies.
I dreamed a dreamed, life has killed the dream I dreamed. So....I dream a NEW DREAM!!! never let them see you cry.

Ryven

"I change my vote back to Imogen."  He said, eying Xandi warily.

Mithlomwen

As confused as ever now, with all of the changing of votes going on, she was terrified that perhaps BOTH Xandi and Lady Sky were innocent.  Feeling very much like Imogen at the current moment.  Both ladies had presented very convincing arguments in regards to their innocence.  Leaning back in her chair and rubbing her temples in confusion she changed her vote yet again, siding with Imogen and voting for Kyrsa instead. 
Baby, it's all I know,
that your half of the flesh and blood that makes me whole...

LadySky

Hearing the various changes once more LadySky rises and approaches the scribe. She calls out to all who can hear, her voice shaking but determined.

"It is fairly obvious from the way the voting has occurred today that both Xandi and I are innocent. Wei spies have successfully ripped attention away from themselves and directed it toward us. If you are an innocent I ask you to change your vote once again, let us vote for neither Xandi nor myself but another who may very well have spent this day praying for our demise. I change my vote to Kyrsa. I may be wrong about Xandi's innocence it is true, however I would rather die with a clear conscious than not."

After the scribe had once again changed her choice LadySky marched back to her spot by the rippling waters, hope flashing in her dark eyes even as she prepared for death.
I dreamed a dreamed, life has killed the dream I dreamed. So....I dream a NEW DREAM!!! never let them see you cry.

Autumn52

With the events of the day I will not put a woman I believe to be innocent to death not even to save myself. Please change my Vote to Kyrsa She seems to have raised the supicious of so many of the other loyalist, loyalist,  I am sure I can trust. I must go with them on this vote.

Stattick

I'm so confused. I don't know what to think at this point. But LadySky and Xandi both putting aside their feud to vote for Kyrsa? I'm thinking that someone figured something out... Well, hoping for it really. I'm not sure that I'm doing the right thing here, maybe I'm just getting wrapped up in the sway of the crowd. But I think I'll switch to Kyrsa as well, and pray that I'm not making a terrible mistake.
O/O   A/A

Autumn52

As all have their own opinion as to how guilty or not guilty the three of us who have votes now are. I wish for any loyalist to know something, in case of my death.

When I die either today or later on, as a victim of the Wolves or the Wind or the Wei Spies, please remember what I have said here today. There have been three people who have been adamant about my guilt, some of whom I have tried to reason with.  I do not know if Kyrsa is a spy but I know I am not. I believe LadySky is not. So do with us what you feel is right. Now those who have voted against me may not be spies but we will find out one day. The spies are not above sacrificing one of their own to keep their guilty hidden so please vote with you conscience and the knowledge of what I have said here.

Kye

Kyrsa hangs her head for a moment and gathers her thoughts.  "Please, I beg you all. I am a loyal member of this court.  I can speak for no one besides myself, and you must judge my words and honesty as you see fit.  I still feel that Xandi is innocent, but that is neither here nor there.  Do what you must, but please do not condemn me to this fate and weaken our cause."

Autumn52

Xandi feeling a strong tug in her stomach that Kyrsa is telling the truth can't in all good concience condemn her to death. I believe you Kyrsa I think perhaps the spies have us all so confused we are seeing spies everywhere. I am going to vote now for one who I believe to be guilty. Iejir

Please any loyalist let us not fall into the trap the spies have laid for us. They are sitting back laughing at the way we have turned on each other. We must come together and begin to eliminate the spies with due speed. I am sure some of us will die in the meantime but there is no need to help them, by calling down the Wolves of the Wind upon our own loyalist.

Caeli

When the Wolves of the Wind reported to Minister Hong after the morning meal, they were divided on the two who had had fingers pointed at them in the greatest numbers - Minister LadySky, who had served the Emperor as long and as faithfully as her parents, and their parents before them; or Minister Kyrsa, a scholar whose high performance in the jinshi examination at her then-young age had earned her notice, and increasingly important positions within the Court as the years passed.

Of the other officials, Xandi had been implicated again, though it was clear that her words had obviously swayed some within the court to keep herself alive for one more day. Hearing the confusing and convoluted events of the morning, Minister Hong finally made the difficult choice between the two esteemed women and sent out one of the best to eliminate the next target.

When the courtiers gathered for the afternoon bureaucratic meetings, another was missing. Dreading what they would find, a servant and guards were sent to the missing scholar-official's room.

Minister LadySky was slumped over her desk, a brush still in her hand from the note she had been in the process of writing. Another pendant of green jade signalled that the Court had, unfortunately, selected another innocent courtier as a target of the Wolves of the Wind.

• aymelekT
  • Beguile's Mistress - Courtier, killed by the Wei spies
  • FallenAngelNajdan
  • Iejir
  • Imogen
  • Kurzyk - Courtier, eliminated by the Wolves of the Wind
  • Kyrsa
  • LadySky - Courtier, eliminated by the Wolves of the Wind
  • Mithlomwen
  • Remiel
  • Ryven
  • Saffron
  • Stattick
  • Valerian
  • Xandi

There are 4 Courtiers, 1 Dragon General, 1 Minister of the Royal Archives, 1 Minister of the Treasury, 3 Wei Spies, and 2 Royal Twins remaining.

Unfortunately, it seems that the Wei spies and the royal traitor are doing a good job keeping themselves from suspicion thus far. If you are innocent, think carefully about who you can trust - you'll need to start working together to make headway. ;)

Remember, all PMs sent to other players in this game must also be sent to me!

To clarify, you are welcome to lie as much as you want in this game, about whatever information you receive or find out. You CANNOT directly quote PMs (either mine or anybody else's) when messaging others or posting in this game, but you are welcome to express the sentiments in your own words.

Again, if you have a role that needs to be made during the 'night' segment, please send me a PM with your respective names soon.
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Caeli

The court slept even more uneasily than the night last, especially as suspicion and finger-pointing had elevated during the evening meal. Snapped retorts and snipped comments that were barely civil were pointedly said around bites of roasted duck and steamed vegetables; even wine lost its rich taste when you were accused of murder.

Like the previous two nights, the Wei spies made their way to their intended victim's rooms, this time without the benefit of a clouded sky. It was to their misfortune that they met the Dragon General waiting for them! Having taken the arguments of the day into consideration, the Dragon General had decided to melt into the shadows around the targeted official's rooms and see if the spies would really come.

Valerian's skill in close-combat and sword-dueling were unmatched, but she was fighting a losing battle against a disadvantage in numbers. After some difficulty, General Valerian was killed in a desperate move by the three Wei spies.

But they, too, did not escape unscathed. Valerian's last wound to aymelekT, one of the Wei spies, had left the minister with a gaping wound that wouldn't stop bleeding. So while the loyal officials had lost a valuable ally, they were one step closer to eliminating the danger within their midst.

• aymelekT - Wei spy, killed by the Dragon General
  • Beguile's Mistress - Courtier, killed by Wei spies
  • FallenAngelNajdan
  • Iejir
  • Imogen
  • Kurzyk - Courtier, eliminated by the Wolves of the Wind
  • Kyrsa
  • LadySky - Courtier, eliminated by the Wolves of the Wind
  • Mithlomwen
  • Remiel
  • Ryven
  • Saffron
  • Stattick
  • Valerian - Dragon General, died in a fight against the Wei spies
  • Xandi

There are 5 Courtiers, 1 Minister of the Royal Archives, 1 Minister of the Treasury, 2 Wei Spies, and 2 Royal Twins remaining.

The third day has begun. Good luck, everyone. :-)
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Imogen

First LadySky who, Imogen felt, should never have been thrown to the wolves, and then Valerian who had given her life in such a heroic manner that Imogen felt a pang of admiration as she lit the small candle and pushed it afloat. Gently it drifted towards the other lights floating upon the still surface of the Lotus Pond. There was a candle for each of the fallen, even the traitor Aymelek had received a light to guide her way.

In the quiet of morning, she meditated at the edge of the pool and thought of the night's events. Aymelek had proven to be traitor, and she had voted the poor LadySky to her death. Then again, so had Valerian and she had been been proven valorous beyond measure. Quietly, she turned her thoughts to the other two responsible for LadySky's demise, Kyrsa and Saffron. Remembering the words of a friend, Imogen nodded to herself. "I think that Saffron 's actions have given cause for concern."
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Remiel

QuoteIf asked how to cope with a great host of the enemy in orderly array and on the point of marching to the attack, I should say: "Begin by seizing something which your opponent holds dear; then he will be amenable to your will." Rapidity is the essence of war: take advantage of the enemy's unreadiness, make your way by unexpected routes, and attack unguarded spots.
- Sun Tzu

Minister Remiel folded his hands together, the sleeves of his hanfu meeting in perfect form, while he observed the sombre ceremony honoring the brave death of the Dragon General Valerian.  Truly, her loss was a great blow to the court; however, in her last valiant act, she had given them all a vital clue as to the identities of the spies.

Xandi may have been innocent, but aymelekT had never voted for her; instead, she had voted for Kurzyk on night 1 and Ladysky on night 2. He mused aloud:

"A coincidence?
aymelekT guarded Xandi.
Stattick did as well."

Autumn Sativus

LadySky had presented herself in a manner that made her seem that she had something to hide. There were four so far that Saffron had felt this way about, and they had all been wrong about LadySky, leaving her with three to be suspicious of. "I only have a hunch, but I believe that one of those we may place the blame on is Kyrsa."

She then turned to Imogen. "You can vote for me. You can feel free to kill me for a death I had nothing to do with. I am simply a Courtier, and at least in my death I would know that you didn't manage to take one of our more important Ministers from us."
Us against the world
Just a couple sinners making fun of hell

~~A&A(updated March 2021)~~Tales~~Wants~~O&O~~Wiki~~

Mithlomwen

Mith felt a surge of pride that the Valerian had manage to take down one of the Wei spies despite being killed in the process.  But unfortunately two innocents had died at the hands of the traitors.  Glancing around it was hard to imagine who the culprits might be.  She listened carefully to the arguments of the others and tried to discern who the traitors in their midst might be. 

When all was said and done, all of the change in votes,  Lady Sky had still ended up dead.  She was as confused as ever, still not knowing who to vote for.   She still had a hunch that Kyrsa might be to blame for these as she had only managed to escape death by chance.  "I shall cast my vote for Kyrsa and pray that I am not voting wrongly." 
Baby, it's all I know,
that your half of the flesh and blood that makes me whole...

Autumn52

Xandi growing tired of Remiel's constant attacks finally rose and spoke.

It is odd to me Remiel that since the beginning, since the very beginning you have chosen to implicate me and any who did not side with you. I spoke in the beginning of a role I have to fulfill, I will now expose that role and how I have used it. I am the Minister of the Treasury and the first day I found out that Beguile was a loyalist. I made my position know to her and she was murdered. She was against me and I thought if I could convince her to support me that perhaps it would sway some of the others to help in the fight against the spies. The vote changed in my favor and she did not have to expose her loyalty to me at that time which was to bad because she was murdered that night.

It seems odd that you Remiel keep on this trail like a dog on a bone. Even after I said I had a roll, even after I exposed myself to the court you did not falter. I wonder if that is because you know I speak the truth and know with me out of the way you will have one less loyalist to contend with.

Yes I believe that you Remiel, are a spy, but as I have no proof, I will not vote to have you killed. I will instead use my vote this time to try a have someone I think I do have a little more evidence against. Iejir seems to have made a few mistakes in dealing with me.

As far as anyone supporting me, well I think it is strange that you would suggest that anyone is supporting me. A lot of people changed their votes, why would you single out one? Unless it is because you know he is innocent.

Valerian's sacrifice was one of valor and honor. I refuse to mar her memory with another loyalist death. I have completely exposed myself in this court today, now let us see where the chips may fall shall we.

Remiel

Remiel listened to Xandi's protestations.  If her words were true, then it would mean that his instincts were completely mistaken.  Furthermore, if she was, in fact, telling the truth, she almost certainly would now become a target for the spies of Wei.  And if she were lying, she would be found out soon enough.  Either way, by making the admission, she had almost certainly sounded her own death knell.

Head bowing in shame, he said:

"I do believe you--
Has my logic now failed me?
Iejir it is, then."

Kye

With her head bowed she listened to Xandi, listened to her speak her own doom, which was now the next thing to inevitable.  "We have lost many of our own, and I hope that yours will not be the next Xandi, I pray that others will listen to you and vote to kill one of the Wei Spies this night."

With a low bow towards Xandi she said, "So be it, my vote stands with you against Iejir."

Ryven