A dead group and a character

Started by Missy, December 14, 2012, 01:03:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Missy

So I had a character on a group game which never made it off the ground. I put time into the character and even made an IC post (which no one ever responded too).

Is there any reason I can't take my character and set her up in another game elsewhere? I'm clearly not going to have any opportunity to play with her where I had originally intended.

Sarena

I don't see any reason why you could not take that character to another game or story.  I've done that with characters before, especially when the original story they were intended for died out too soon or never got off the ground at all. 

It would be a shame for a character you've put so much time and energy into go to waste!
I can go from southern belle to ghetto thug faster than you can say "Bless your heart".

Avis habilis

No reason at all. She's your character after all. If you're not swiping any other elements from the story whole cloth, you ought to be able to do what you like with her.

OK, that came out wrong, but you know what I mean.

NileGoddess

If I may add my two cents, just be wary of the type of game you want to put your character in. Just because you really like your character doesn't mean they will be suited for every game. Nothing can be more frustrating to a GM to have a player just copy/paste a character from another game and have it be completely inappropriate.