"Vegeta, what does the Scouter say about his Power Level?"

Started by Sabby, September 04, 2008, 05:21:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sabby

Inkidu

Yeah I saw that on Newgrounds when it was submitted. Never gets old. ;D
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Mathim

LOL, there's a whole fan club devoted to that on this anime forum I used to go to before it died. There was a youtube video with all sorts of variations of that, like with it super-sped up or super slowed-down and things like that. Hilarious! I actually liked that old voice actor better than the new one, but Vegeta's body keeps changing throughout the anime, he gets taller even though he's already a full-grown adult and his hair gets shorter, so I guess his new voice fits his new body better.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

Zoe Twinscythe

I remember the days when they actually kept track of power levels in that show. It kinda stopped after the Freza Saga though.

Goku: The scouters just don't go high enough to track Buu

9000 never gets old though

Inerrant Lust

QuoteApologies and Absences (9003 Posts in 1000 Topics)
Last post on Today at 10:42:56 am (New)
in Re: School BLEH (Shrowde..., by ShrowdedPoet

...  ::)

Zoe Twinscythe

Quote from: Inerrant Lust on September 04, 2008, 11:36:26 AM
...  ::)

...Someone has to take this bullet.

Some guy: ZEON!! WHAT DOES THE COMPUTER SAY ABOUT HIS POST COUNT?!

Zeon: It's OVER NINE THOOOOUUUUUSSSSSAAAAAAAANNNNNDDDDDDDDDDD!!!

Inkidu

I remember an old cartoon where it went.

Nappa: Vegeta, what's it say about his power level?
Vegeta: It's over five thousand!
[Crushes scouter]
Nappa: Uh, Vegeta, that's not that high.
Vegeta: Oh, yeah, right.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Inkidu

Mathim

Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

MusicNeverDies

Mathim; Doubtful, there are a TON of DBZ jokes that make fun of the 9000 line. I used to be a huge fan of DBZ, I will admit to that. I never really understood how 'It's over 9000!" got such a fanbase- but I laugh right along with them. Anyone know how all the stigma about the line started?

Inkidu

Quote from: MusicNeverDies on September 04, 2008, 05:11:47 PM
Mathim; Doubtful, there are a TON of DBZ jokes that make fun of the 9000 line. I used to be a huge fan of DBZ, I will admit to that. I never really understood how 'It's over 9000!" got such a fanbase- but I laugh right along with them. Anyone know how all the stigma about the line started?
Maybe because it was totally overreacted to. Who knows.

Sabby

Melodramatic characters standing out in DeeBeeZee? Pull the other one :P

Inkidu

MusicNeverDies

Quote from: Sabbat on September 04, 2008, 09:22:54 PM
Melodramatic characters standing out in DeeBeeZee? Pull the other one :P
Maybe because it didn't take 3 episodes for him to smash it. ::)

Sabby

Inkidu

How many DBZ characters does it take to screw in a light bulb?

It doesn't matter it will take five episodes to do it.