Virtually Irresistible Real Life Lounge (OOC)

Started by Autumn Sativus, September 27, 2012, 10:04:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Remiel

Quote from: Sex Bobomb on December 01, 2012, 06:22:35 PM
*Sighs and scribbles down that he was officially right about Trie from the beginning* At least I know you can't keep a poker face around me.  ;D

I am absolutely amazed that Trieste made it to the end.  I think a lot of people suspected she was up to no good, but they just couldn't coordinate themselves enough to do anything about it.

Trieste

You win some, you lose some.

This one was a win.

Sex Bobomb

Quote from: Remiel on December 01, 2012, 06:23:54 PM
I am absolutely amazed that Trieste made it to the end.  I think a lot of people suspected she was up to no good, but they just couldn't coordinate themselves enough to do anything about it.

Oh believe me, I tried. I repeatedly targeted her, and no one listened or changed their votes. Those damn disney eyes Trie has.  ::)

Kythia

Quote from: Valerian on December 01, 2012, 06:22:47 PM
See, here's the thing.  I don't actively do anything to make myself seem trustworthy.  Apparently, whatever role I end up with, I just seem to strike people as innocent, and I have no idea why.  Of course, now Kythia will suspect me instantly in any future games, apparently, so I guess I'm out of luck at least as far as she's concerned.   ::)

But the challenges were so fun!   :D  Though of course, I knew perfectly well just how trustworthy James was...

Nah, you're safe.  Frankly I'll have forgotten all about this conversation in about fifteen minutes, let alone next time we're in a game together.

Kythia

Quote from: Sex Bobomb on December 01, 2012, 06:26:54 PM
Oh believe me, I tried. I repeatedly targeted her, and no one listened or changed their votes. Those damn disney eyes Trie has.  ::)

I think the problem, at least my problem, was this:

Quote from: SaffronThe Girl zOMG A GIRL!!! There’s no way she can be one of the bad guys. Look at her! She’s SOO HOT! *Nerdy heavy breathing* Nobody suspects her, not even the IP tracer. If Traced or removed, she shows up as a regular engineer. But only if she’ll be my girlfriend. (Could be played by any gender.)

There was enough suspicion on me that I couldn't go around getting votes together against someone who would be "revealed" to be an Engineer.  Of course, that was all based on Sarena's 'scan' which it turned out didn't even happen. 

Trieste

Sex Bobomb

Quote from: Trieste on December 01, 2012, 06:29:48 PM
What does that mean, disney eyes? :P

Those big ... doughy ... dreamy ... *Sighs*

What was I saying?

Trieste

Remiel

For some reason, I also suspected that there were a lot more hackers than there actually turned out to be.    I think this bolsters my theory that you don't need a large group of bad guys in order to win.

Anyway, congratulations on the victory, hackers, and thanks to Saffron and RPGuy for running what turned out to be a very fun Mafia game. :)

Mr Bigglesworth

I actually think that a smaller group of bad guys gives them more of an advantage in some ways.

Kythia

Whoops

*belatedly remembers her manners*

Excellent point.  Thanks very much Saffron and ThatRPGuy.  First one of those games I've played and enjoyed it immensely.  Thanks for overseeing the experience.

Sarena

I had fun and am amazingly surprised that I lasted as long as I did, considering the HUGE blunder I made at the very start of things.  ::)
I can go from southern belle to ghetto thug faster than you can say "Bless your heart".

Ryven

Remember when I accused Trieste of being The Girl and she got all defensive about it?  Yeah, me too.  ::)

Starlequin

You live for the fight when it's all that you've got.

James Moriarty

Quote from: Remiel on December 01, 2012, 06:17:20 PM
What the?!?  James, I trusted you! TRUSTED YOU!

Someone is definitely sleeping on the couch tonight.  >:(

also, I'm starting to think the "challenges" were really just a ruse to get us all to trust him.  In which case I fell for it, hook, line, and sinker.

* The Professor grins

To be perfectly honest, I'd just sacrificed myself in two games in a row.  My only desire was to be in a game to the end, and so I invented the Challenges as a way to give both Engineers and Hackers a reason to keep me around.  I actually did do as I said in my initial post -- I lobbied, sometimes very annoyingly as Trieste will attest, to keep someone in the game if they had a high status in the Game I ran, even if logic dictated that it would be wise to oust that person.  It was actually remarkably difficult to balance "not working against my affiliation (the hackers)" with that -- at least, not until very near the end when very few high level people remained who were not hackers.  Congratulations in that regard to many stand-outs who did wonderful work in those Challenges -- bravo, really!

And Remiel, I begged to have you converted instead of killed, but apparently you saved yourself, and then our poor Nifer got removed.  Sigh.

The other thing about the Challenges, something that Vekseid IM'ed me about right away as he saw what I was up to, was that I wanted to give people a little taste of the tech world and What I Do For A Living (tm).  Again, I'm so happy that many of you decided to join me as we took a little tour of a region of the tech space.  May you all crack ciphers and write code.

Quote from: Trieste on December 01, 2012, 06:19:14 PM
* Trieste puts a sign on herself that reads "Remiel's Couch".  O:)

::)

Sasha

Oh my ....I had the end list completely right except I still believed Val was the Nostalgic and asked her to turn Starlequin . So I didn't have to vote him out to go back on my word .  Grumbles .... then I protected her by going silent .  Too funny.

I knew Trieste was bad but could not figure out how to go about getting enough votes to do anything about it .  Valerian ...you played me so well my friend .

Priceless ..... blaming poor King Bear and it was you ...you ...Starlequin all along .  Should of taken out James Moriarty like I had orginally planned . Shame on me .

*puts on my ....you been played shirt * with a smirk .

Great game ....loved it even after I was trapped in my pod . Thanks so much to everyone ....grins .

Valerian

Quote from: Sasha on December 01, 2012, 07:42:36 PM
Oh my ....I had the end list completely right except I still believed Val was the Nostalgic and asked her to turn Starlequin . So I didn't have to vote him out to go back on my word .  Grumbles .... then I protected her by going silent .  Too funny.

I knew Trieste was bad but could not figure out how to go about getting enough votes to do anything about it .  Valerian ...you played me so well my friend .
And I felt really, really guilty about it... even though it wasn't totally a lie, since I was the Nostalgic for about two minutes.  And of course "Lie" is now part of the name of this entire section, so what else could I do?   ::)  But I'm glad you had fun, just the same.  *hugs*
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Sasha

yugi006

Congratulations to the hackers. Boy were my picks totally off. Thanks for the fun game Saffron and Guy. Looking forward to the next game.

Niferbelle

Very fun game! Even though I was knocked out pretty early I enjoyed following it.

Autumn Sativus

The next game in this forum won't start until after the holidays, as I usually put them on break over the end of December to early January anyway. So I'll see you guys then. ;D
Us against the world
Just a couple sinners making fun of hell

~~A&A(updated March 2021)~~Tales~~Wants~~O&O~~Wiki~~

yugi006

Breathless Intent

Gah! Only started to figure things out toward the end. For SO much of this game I was flying blind and just kind of throwing out guesses in the dark, unless someone came to me with a little more useful information than "ehh...that person seems shifty."

I think I was probably a little too paranoid to really dig in and talk to more people or follow up directly with others. Anyway...I had LOTS of fun and I'll probably be jumping in another game sometime soon! This time I'll offer cupcakes right up front. Though, come to think of it, the only people to take me up on offers of cupcakes were hackers!!! Hmm....okay, next round will be hacker bait ;)

yugi006

If I was already voted off early in the game I would have totally talked to you with or without the cupcakes.

Breathless Intent

Aww *hugs Yugi and shares some of her leftover cupcakes*