A Samurai Revenge Story (Interest Check)

Started by Primarch, Yesterday at 04:07:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Primarch

'Aoki Masanori was honourable,
Aoki Masanori was respectabele,
Aoki Masanori was beloved by his people,
and Aoki Masanori was slain.
'

Though the Daimyō Inoue Ryuichi justice for the murder of Aoki Masanori, for his is savvy in the way of politics and favoured by the Shogun, while Aoki Masanori had no mind for games of politics and had dedicated his life to improving the lives of those around him.

There are some however who knew Aoki Masanori well and loved him. If the Shogun will not grant justice, they shall take matters into their own hands. For the Daimyō is a powerful man and has surrounded himself with skilled assassins and dangerous criminals. They may march to death, but shall march in honour.

The above is a very brief pitch for a game I would like to start set during the early Edo period of Japan. The game is inspired by a bunch of really great recent media including Blue Eye Samurai, Shogun & Ghost of Tsushima. The idea is that a very kind, well intended man has been murdered and his killer, cunning & ambitious that he is, is unlikely to see justice and so our characters will go about trying to see it done, though we certainly may have some characters who are joining the group for other reasons (they might have a separate personal beef with our villain or perhaps someone else in his court) but ultimately this RP is about a band of Samurai-esque misfits trying to avenge a murder.

While I list this is as 'Samurai' revenge story I'm very open to other characters that we often see in similar media, such as the Archer,the Onna-musha, the Monk, the Shinobi, the Geisha (I think I'll play a Ronin) etc, etc.

Before launching into the game I'm hoping to check interest. Ideally I'm looking for players who are willing to contribute to the overall game beyond just tagging along for the ride. I understand with games here it is ultimately better to have someone in a lead position to help give things a general direction so I will still be the admin, but I also plan on playing in the game and it would be absolutely smashing if those involved were willing to shoulder some of the burden in making a game happen.

What to expect in this RP
    • Sword fights, probably with backflips & shit
    • Sake
    • Cozy scenes at camp under the starlight
    • Maybe the real Samurai are the friends we made along the way
    • A discord server, to help plotting & world building (joining is optional but encouraged)