Game Protagonists at War (Accepting Applications)

Started by BruceTheCat, August 11, 2014, 10:40:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BruceTheCat

I am going to actually change our thread to Accepting Applications now. I think we have enough players for the time being. Approved Letrixia! I will PM you.
“Also I've seen that movie, if they're any similar to it, then those guns do not fuck around, please take cover“
- scribus1000

CyrusTheRed

The Dovahkiin (Skyrim)

Current Occupation: Adventurer / Prisoner

Home World Information: Nirn is referred to by otherworldly beings as the mortal plane. The exact reasons and specifics behind Nirn's creation are largely not known for certain. However, all agree that the deity Lorkhan and the Eight Divines played pivotal roles in the creation of the waterlogged planet. Two moons, Secunda and Masser, orbit Nirn. They are Lorkhan's sundered corpus. Nirn is the center of Mundus, which itself is the "hub" of The Elder Scrolls universe's "wheel." The heavens beyond Nirn are star-filled. These stars are holes or portals through Oblivion to Aetherius, and carry magical significance due to the beings which tore them open, the Magna Ge.

Appearance/Style Description: The Dovahkiin is a striking blonde haired blue eyed woman of Nord stock. Her skin is the color of pale milk and remains silky, though several jagged scars from past battles can be found across her petite frame. The armor she bears seems to be weaved of leather, bone, and steel though magical enchantments extend their function to awesome effect.

Personality:  To some she may seem a bit simple at first, meeting questions and declarations with little more than a blank stare and simple response, though her wide assortment and mastery of combat skills more than make up for her unassuming personality.

History: Through her formative years the Dovahkiin was much like any other Nord child. She played with other children in the foothills of Skyrim's many mountains, and aspired one day become a renown baker in her village. Fate had other plans however, as only a few days after her 19th birthday a simple misunderstanding found her a prisoner of the Imperial Legion and on her way to an executioners block. The commander on the scene showed little sympathy, directing their soldiers to force her head down before the blunt and bloody axe. It was only thanks to the sudden reappearance of the dragon Alduin that her neck was spared, setting her forth on her path. In her travels across the land, the young woman soon discovered she held a latent talent for combat, and the extremely unique ability to absorb the souls of dragons she felled. Thanks to a deafening summons and the urging of the people she'd helped, she ventured to the Throat of the World- the tallest mountain in the land to speak with the mysterious grey beards. The ancient monk order educated her to her lineage, the nature of her power, and her true name... 'Dovahkiin' or Dragonborn, a warrior born not with a mortal soul but with the soul of a dragon and destined to hunt their spiritual kin. Through much strife and struggle she eventually went on to slay the dragon Alduin and bring peace to much of Skyrim through her martial skills, but at a consuming cost. In her travels she was required to make sacrificial pacts with many Daedra beings of immense power, each one wanting her very soul. As time passed forward, death did eventually find the Dovahkiin and her spirit slipped away into Oblivion where each of the Daedra vied to collect their prize. They argued and fought for ages, but once no clear owner could be decided the malevolent princes decided to take the most strange path imaginable- they gave the option to the Dovahkiin herself. Much to their dismay though, she held that no being would claim dominion over her soul. Displeased by her answer the Daedra once again gave her soul a living body so that she could again know the pain of the flesh and all the horrors they could conjure. However the Dovahkiin's will never wavered once even after years of physical and mental abuse, never surrendering with an answer to end the torment. After a time the eternal beings grew bored and deposited her in the deepest darkest hell they could find, as far away from Mundus as possible to rot for the remainder of time.

Current Situation: To be determined

Weapons: Two Handed Long Sword, Axe & Shield, Bow & Arrow.

Special Powers: She is trained in several schools of magic including Alteration/Conjuration/Destruction/Illusion/and Restoration, as well as the Dragonborn's unique ability to speak the dragon language and the powerful shouts created by it.

Strengths:
Martial Combat - The Dragonborn is a warrior at heart and can hold her own in a fight. With her sword and shield in hand there is almost no challenge she can't engage.

Wide Skill Set - In her lifetime the Dovah was trained by many great masters in all manner of skills from Magics, Martial Combat, and labors. From wielding a sword, throwing a fireball, or crafting and enchanting weapons and armor- the Dovahkiin  knows a thing or two.

Thu'um (Shouts) - Shouts use the vocalization of specific draconic words of power to create magical effects. Each should is made up of three words, however one or two words of a given shout may be used but the effect is correspondingly less powerful.

Bag of Holding - A little present she won from a visiting god. The unassuming leather pouch tied to her hip can hold a virtually unlimited amount of weight or goods.

Weaknesses:
Thu'um Cooldown - While her shouts are all powerful and posses the ability to shape reality to her whim, each shout takes a small toll on her mortal body and depending on the power of the shout it can take her a while to recover before being able to use her Thu'um again.

Weak Magics - While she is able to cast different spells, the Dovahkiin never specialized as a mage and as such her magic's potency can be a little lacking.

Slow Gear Swap - While her Bag of Holding allows her to carry all manner of supplies, in the heat of combat it can be extremely difficult to locate, extract and equip the item.

Marked Soul - While her body exist as a free woman, her soul has been marked by the unfortunate pacts she made a lifetime ago. As such every Daedric prince of her homeworld is able to sense her no matter what plane of existence she flees too. Though what they may do with this knowledge is anyone's guess as the Daedra are often known to be fickle at best.
The blues is losing someone you love and not having enough money to immerse yourself in drink.

Mr L

I read through through the thread and am seriously interested in this. :P

If we were to use a Nintendo (or select third party character) who appeared in Super Smash Bros, could we make references to it? Like the character of our choice picked something up from one of the other characters?

Was thinking of taking Peach and keeping a lot of her spells from SM: RPG and giving her some magic that Zelda could've taught her as well as somehow coming across the Master Sword or something. This would take the Mushroom kingdom and LoZ series out for others.
O/Os | A/As | | My Ideas I have taken the Oath of the Drake

BruceTheCat

That is fine Mr. L! A lot of people have been doing the same thing with their characters.
“Also I've seen that movie, if they're any similar to it, then those guns do not fuck around, please take cover“
- scribus1000

Mr L

Well I've got plans for today, or I'd sit and work on the CS for her. Would that be a bit much if she somehow joined the group with the Master Sword in her hands, saying Hyrule has fallen as well?

BruceTheCat

In the fantasy of this game, Hyrule was actually the first world to fall. It is sort of considered the beginning of the end. The character idea and mixing powers are fine, but you would not be able to have the Master Sword.

There are plot elements wrapped around that currently.
- scribus1000

Juggtacular

Just a suggestion, but using all of Peach's appearances and making her something of an amalgam would be pretty cool and she wouldn't even really need the Master Sword. Powers from Smash Bros, Mario Strikers, magic from Zelda/Shiek, her powers from the Super Mario games, etc...

Mr L

I was under the impression that the MK was the first to fall, my bad. I was thinking of having her have her magic from SMRPG at least, so she'd have the healing/debuff thing going on, and her Smash Bros powers, and maybe picking up the Goddess spells from Zelda and some ninja-y stuff from Shiek from their time after Smash Bros and before now. Would she need a specifically mentioned bag to hold her stuff in, or can it just be assumed hammerspace (like what she has in Smash Bros)?

Edit: I should note that this would be the first group game I'll be a part of if accepted. :P So there might be a looooooooooooooooot of questions lol

Mr L

So now I gotta think about how to introduce her to the group. Was initially planning on her (maybe with M&L) travelling to Hyrule to escape and they try to help the hylians with the onslaught only to lose just as horribly, then she'd somehow get tossed amongst the group with pretty nasty PTSD and paranoia from not knowing ANYONE in the group until she sees Samus (who could be patrolling or something for a plot device) and she wouldn't let anyone get close, especially with the Master Sword in hand.

But now I get to think of a new thing. Hopefully my creativity won't fail me lol ^.^

BruceTheCat

Go ahead and put a sheet together Mr L. I will handle the introduction portion with you via PM.
- scribus1000

Juggtacular

Ooooooo. I just had a good idea for a character!

apygoos

as a note, only the chosen hero of courage can wield the master sword. A new incarnation of Link will need to go into the bowls of Hyrule to be able to claim the blade of evils bane.

BruceTheCat

Not necessarily correct Apy. Obviously I'm taking a lot of creative liberties with the various games. Since the game creators when writing these histories did not account for a cross over plot line like this.

Jim Raynor or Gordan Freeman could be considered the chosen of courage for their respective video game universe.

EDIT: I say this so nobody thinks that a particular character is unable to use a certain weapon. You could potentially have the Soul Reaver! As long as I don't have a plot setup for it already.
- scribus1000

Juggtacular

Rel Mayer

I also may have a second character in the midst.

Can I reserve Harley Quinn?

BruceTheCat

@Rel - Sure Rel! Since she's normally a villain, go ahead and just create a backstory for her that would explain why she is involved with this group. I would be willing to accept "It kills time till Mr. J comes a'callin!" Though the other characters might find that a little suspicious.

@Jugg - Is Danny Phantom in a game Jugg? If so, knock yourself out!
- scribus1000

Juggtacular

He's been in several. And cool. I'll get to work on the CS. I already have some cool pics from a site I played him on a while back.

Mr L

One last question before I post the CS for Peach, is there anything planned for the Mario Bros? I wanna know so I'm not trying to create another plot idea for the princess to have it shot down. ^.^;

apygoos

Juggtacular

Luigi wishes he could please her like Mario does.

Mr L

Was kinda hoping for a serious answer <.<; Guess I'll have to wait until the GM(s) can get back to me on that one...

Rel Mayer

Quote from: Mr L on September 25, 2014, 01:31:48 AM
Was kinda hoping for a serious answer <.<; Guess I'll have to wait until the GM(s) can get back to me on that one...
Right now we're ending one of our current archs. I'm unsure what land the protagonists are going into yet - but I know that Mario hasn't been mentioned.

Mr L

Quote from: Rel Mayer on September 25, 2014, 02:00:24 AM
Right now we're ending one of our current archs. I'm unsure what land the protagonists are going into yet - but I know that Mario hasn't been mentioned.

Thank you ^_^ Sorry for the kinda snippy reply a few minutes ago, just kinda disappointed by the lack of effective response.

Might get the Princess's CS put up soonish :)

Rel Mayer

Quote from: Mr L on September 25, 2014, 02:30:09 AM
Thank you ^_^ Sorry for the kinda snippy reply a few minutes ago, just kinda disappointed by the lack of effective response.

Would still make sure with either Red Lobster or Presta.

Mr L

Quote from: Rel Mayer on September 25, 2014, 02:31:36 AM
Would still make sure with either Red Lobster or Presta.

Thankfully I left her involvement with them kinda vague, so it should be easy to incorporate.