News:

"The Most Precious Jewel [One Shot: NC-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

A way to place multiple spoilers horizontally?

Started by kylie, February 11, 2014, 08:28:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kylie

Is there some code that will let you place multiple spoilers spaced horizontally across the same line? 

I found that making a table squeezes all the spoilers inside down to the width of just the title of the spoiler, which is a nice start...  Now I'd like to put a few of those on one line. 

I tried grouping them all under TR and making each spoiler and its contents fall under one TD, but they are still all displaying vertically.

So...  Is there some way to do it?

jouzinka

Depending on what you really want to do - putting them in a table actually makes them stretch to the contents of each cell, so if you can put, say, a text or a picture above or below, there may be your solution.

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Pellentesque vitae consectetur velit. Donec congue turpis eu elit blandit adipiscing. Sed molestie tempus sapien eget fermentum. In a purus lorem. Donec ut porttitor risus. Morbi ligula tellus, dignissim vestibulum laoreet nec, blandit in turpis. Nunc dolor purus, commodo sit amet libero quis, sollicitudin semper quam. Praesent ac tristique ante, in tristique libero. Proin urna neque, ullamcorper ac hendrerit nec, bibendum in magna. Suspendisse vitae velit turpis. Nam egestas turpis quis nibh ultricies, quis euismod sapien tempor. Duis quis magna pellentesque, congue mi vel, interdum arcu. Vestibulum eleifend lorem nisi, id porta eros sagittis vel. Cras eu tincidunt tellus. Aliquam ligula ligula, auctor id nisi ut, viverra posuere nulla. Duis felis nibh, dapibus at iaculis vitae, mollis vitae lorem. Suspendisse pellentesque, nibh vitae iaculis adipiscing, lectus nunc ultricies tellus, dictum faucibus ipsum erat id nisi. Vivamus a felis eu tortor cursus vulputate. In sed orci vestibulum, ultricies tortor vitae, ornare libero. Etiam eu justo sed leo aliquam faucibus. Etiam ac tortor nec arcu molestie tincidunt. Etiam dapibus vulputate gravida. Nam lacus leo, tincidunt id pretium eget, facilisis eget sem. Nam dictum, neque ut faucibus dignissim, dui odio sodales felis, non placerat massa dolor et enim. Fusce feugiat ullamcorper commodo. Cum sociis natoque penatibus et magnis dis parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus. Ut quis vehicula nisl. Cras viverra augue id nulla mattis luctus. Etiam at elit ut arcu ornare pellentesque sit amet a orci. Nullam eu risus velit.
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Story status: Not Available
Life Status: Just keep swimming...
Working on: N/A

kylie

Ooh, I'd be happy putting a picture with most of them anyway so that sounds great.   :-)

Trying to reorganize my Ons so it's a little easier to get at all the sections without scrolling so far.

kylie

Just to be clear, you did actually make a table right? 

I'm struggling a little to find it in all the source code...  And while it's cool someone knows it, I don't read Latin.   :P

jouzinka

LOL, Kylie. :D Yes, it is a table. ;)

[table]
[tr]
[td]Put your text/image here [/td]
[/tr]

[tr]
[td][spoiler][/spoiler][/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Put your text/image here Put your text/image here Put your text/image here

kylie

Sorry it just boggled my mind a little that it would work when you have pictures inside, but it wouldn't when you don't.  And I tried to do it as a table without pictures, but nothing worked.  So it was a little hard to believe.  I'm working on it, but it's less clean a picture when all the text is actually sitting inside the little window with everything too.  Maybe if you program all the time, it's much easier.

kylie

Anyway, thanks for the code!

I wonder if there's something that could be put in rather than an image that would work just as well to force open those spaces.  An "empty" image?  I have about twenty slots, and on second thought I'm not sure I have a good image for all of them.  Hmm.

jouzinka

I used to write web code straight from my head, so yes, the logic of it is easier for me.

Basically, you will be best served by images of the same size.

You can also do three columns and three rows - for image, text and spoiler.

The elaborate effort of her mother to make Elanor’s appearance look as effortless as possible and Sarah’s frantic repetition of the facts of the Earl’s life spoke about her parents’ desire to marry her off more than their previous offer to accompany her hand in marriage with half of their family’s wealth. So did the seriousness in Sarah’s voice as she informed Elanor that if the Lord failed to find interest in her, she was to compromise him! To her objection that if she compromised the Earl, Elanor herself would be equally compromised and therefore unfit for marriage altogether, Sarah replied that the nunnery would always remain an option. Tears well in Elanor’s eyes even now at the thought. For all her love for God, she does not want to go to a convent and lead a constrained and joyless life of a nun, nor does she want to deceive a Lord - or anyone else, for that matter - into a marriage. In her heart she desperately hopes that he would turn her down and send her home without seeing her, even though it’s not a very close possibility.The liquid is not hot anymore and it is actually very rich in scent and taste. Quite spicy, but muted by the general sweetness of the beverage, and it immediately spreads warmth throughout her, quite strong a drink for daily consumption… yet all Elanor can do is look over the rim of the cup at her host. Oh, how she’d like to know his thoughts! At the moment she cannot decipher what it is that he is thinking; maybe in time she may learn to read him better, but for the time being, she must rely on his words only and her eyes drop to the cup. Straightening in her chair, Elanor lets the Earl finish, using the time to gauge what it might be to secure her welcome for another visit. The Chase? The Victory? Would he even extend the invitation if she dealt him a defeat? So far he has graciously met her challenges with eagerness of someone who has been long deprived of any. Perhaps such was the key to the Lord’s attention – giving a good chase, but yielding the victory to him.

What would he ask?
DON'T CLICK. SERIOUSLY. DO. NOT. CLICK.
Ha! Made you look!

[table]
[tr]
[td]The elaborate effort of her mother to make Elanor’s appearance look as effortless as possible and Sarah’s frantic repetition of the facts of the Earl’s life spoke about her parents’ desire to marry her off more than their previous offer to accompany her hand in marriage with half of their family’s wealth. So did the seriousness in Sarah’s voice as she informed Elanor that if the Lord failed to find interest in her, she was to compromise him! To her objection that if she compromised the Earl, Elanor herself would be equally compromised and therefore unfit for marriage altogether, Sarah replied that the nunnery would always remain an option. Tears well in Elanor’s eyes even now at the thought. For all her love for God, she does not want to go to a convent and lead a constrained and joyless life of a nun, nor does she want to deceive a Lord - or anyone else, for that matter - into a marriage. In her heart she desperately hopes that he would turn her down and send her home without seeing her, even though it’s not a very close possibility.[/td]
[td]The liquid is not hot anymore and it is actually very rich in scent and taste. Quite spicy, but muted by the general sweetness of the beverage, and it immediately spreads warmth throughout her, quite strong a drink for daily consumption… yet all Elanor can do is look over the rim of the cup at her host. Oh, how she’d like to know his thoughts! At the moment she cannot decipher what it is that he is thinking; maybe in time she may learn to read him better, but for the time being, she must rely on his words only and her eyes drop to the cup. [/td]
[td]Straightening in her chair, Elanor lets the Earl finish, using the time to gauge what it might be to secure her welcome for another visit. The Chase? The Victory? Would he even extend the invitation if she dealt him a defeat? So far he has graciously met her challenges with eagerness of someone who has been long deprived of any. Perhaps such was the key to the Lord’s attention – giving a good chase, but yielding the victory to him.

What would he ask?
[/td]
[/tr]

[tr]
[td][IMG]http://i57.tinypic.com/21m535s.jpg[/IMG][/td]
[td][IMG]http://i57.tinypic.com/2vlmuyp.jpg[/IMG][/td]
[td][IMG]http://i60.tinypic.com/t5g17b.jpg[/IMG][/td]
[/tr]

[tr]
[td][spoiler=DON'T CLICK. SERIOUSLY. DO. NOT. CLICK.]Ha! Made you look![/spoiler][/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

The problem is that the cells shrink according to the content and there's no way to force a fix width on the cell. :-\ Yes, you can put in a blank image.

kylie

Wish they'd just made spoilers fit into a table like text.  They save space -- but there is so much you can't easily do with them, it's a huge trade-off...  It'll take me a while to rearrange everything. 

I used to do programming and HTML when I was much younger and the Internet was a baby...  But it's been a long time, I've been doing other things for years since, and I think I'm just getting tired today.

But thank you for the help!

jouzinka