Call of Cthulhu: Delta Green Scenario! (Seeking 2 Additional Players)

Started by Writersblockade, July 20, 2019, 11:48:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Writersblockade

Delta Green: Shadows of Philadelphia (Inspired by Lustful Bride's original post here)

http://www.delta-green.com - Apologies, meant to add this earlier!

Needed: 2 players to play FBI agents chasing down a lead to a remote location in Washington State.

Premise: It began with The Philadelphia Experiment. Movies have been made about it, and history has been rewritten regarding it, until it exists as no more than a 'It was that thing with the scientists in WW2', and that's EXACTLY what they wanted to do with it. Once the truth is stirred up with enough bullshit, the two become indistinguishable. But there's a problem. A woman survived the catastrophic failure (or success, depending on who you talk to) of the P-Experiment, and was held for years...decades, before an unknown man released her from a facility that didn't exist and gave her the means to live a solitary, peaceful life.

But all that ended one faithful day. Security cameras caught the woman in the midst of battling two assailants in a grocery store. The two armed men were later shot and killed while resisting arrest once officers arrived on the scene. The police took the woman's statement, the newspapers had a bizarre story to feed on, but as there were no other links or ties to a larger terrorist plot, the story was slowly buried under cat videos and weather reports peppered with the latest animal attack. The report tripped an alert with the Social Security Administration, as the person was already listed as deceased, which is how it was dumped on you to figure out the situation.

Things to note: While this is a Delta Green, Call of Cthulhu scenario, you will not be playing Delta Green agents. This is a 'mundane until everything hits the fan' scenario. And it will hit the fan...and splatter. True believers be warned, your character may not make it through this alive. If that doesn't seem like your cup of tea, I understand and wish you well, but for anyone else? Let's roll!

***Small Note*** I'm looking to make this more a campaign than one-shot, so even if your character dies, and you want to get in on the next story after, then we'd just go with a new character!

This is going to be a story run by someone new to the DG setting (myself) and a new player (Lustful Bride). That said, if you are also new, or even a DG vet wanting to get down, you are very much invited. I can promise you that the system isn't overly complex, but I do expect rolls to occur. Rolls are the Great Redeemer. They are the fiery crucible in which true heroes are forged. Points to whoever knows where I stole most of that from!

Now, if you aren't exactly looking to go through the whole Character Creation bit, that's no problem. I'll cook you up someone myself and chat about the specifics that you might want to make  it more personal. Bottom Line is I know how much of a headache learning a new system can be, so I'm stripping this down to its most basic elements. if you want something with the feel of the X-files and a dash of Michael Bay seasoning, then hit me up! I'd love to hear from you.

Story Lottery Profile
Here’s my O/Os!

I don't know who this Muse person is, but if it explains away the voices in my head, then I'm all for it!

AndyZ

What exactly is the Delta Green setting?  Is this freeform or system?
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Lustful Bride

Delta Green is a more modern setting for Call of Cthulhu and other Lovecraftian works. With Delta Green being a secret conspiracy within the US government that does battle with various beings and factions to maintain the secrecy of their existence and to prevent or limit the damage they do.

Think X-Files combined with True Detective.

Writersblockade

Quote from: PerpetuallyAnnoyedCleric on July 21, 2019, 03:35:32 AM
So it is using this system? https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/181674/Delta-Green-Agents-Handbook?affiliate_rem=48458

I might be interested if so.

Why yes, yes it is!

Quote from: AndyZ on July 20, 2019, 11:51:06 PM
What exactly is the Delta Green setting?  Is this freeform or system?

Because of the flexibility of E, I'd like to say it'll be a bit of both. If you perform a particular action, leave it open ended. I'll let you know if you need to roll. I honestly don't think I'm going to be heavy on the rolls outside of truly stressful moments and times when utilizing a skill is super important.

If I may give an example:

Player: Clarence enters the suspect's room, looking for the medallion he'd seen on the picture he'd received earlier.

Keeper (me): The room is a bit of a mess. It's obvious he's been gone for a while, but wasn't exactly caring of the place. Roll your spot hidden as you comb through the place.

Player: rolls and makes under their skill

Keeper: He's careful about his approach and spends quite some time looking section by section. He unearths a forgotten half of a burger that has helped to add a certain funk to the place, as well as multiple issues of guns & ammo. Just when things were looking bleak, he sees the glint of something under some unopened mail on the coffee table. The medallion is there... but half of it has what he's sure is dried blood splattered on it.
Story Lottery Profile
Here’s my O/Os!

I don't know who this Muse person is, but if it explains away the voices in my head, then I'm all for it!

KingKang

This sounds pretty fun, I love me some CoC modern.

I'd be interested in playing a very Twin Peaks inspired role.

Writersblockade

Quote from: KingKang on July 23, 2019, 05:41:48 PM
This sounds pretty fun, I love me some CoC modern.

I'd be interested in playing a very Twin Peaks inspired role.

This story isn't so much Twin Peaks as maybe true detective with a pinch of 24 lol. Shoot me a pm if you want to talk more about it
Story Lottery Profile
Here’s my O/Os!