Interest Check: In Nomine System Game

Started by Lord Mayerling, June 30, 2019, 11:58:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Mayerling

This interest check is inspired by the new System Gaming and Roleplaying Board.

I'd like to run an In Nomine game here on E focused around a specific geographic area, probably New York City. It would be like an open-world game. It would be a system game and use Elliquiy's dice roller, but it would be far more based on narrative and writing than on game mechanics. While character creation is a bit complex, it's also very rewarding and will immediately put your mindset into character. It's a very easy system to learn, thus no previous knowledge of the game or system will be required to play. I will help with character generation and rules as requested; I will even pre-gen a character based around your preferences if you like. I plan on running the open world, with the players interacting with the world and other characters within the narrative. Multiple characters will be possible, but by no means required.

Is this something you would like to participate in?

I'll post more about what I'm thinking if this thread generates some interest.

Voidknight

YES! A THOUSAND TIMES YES! Always wanted to play in an In Nomine game!

Athem

Always liked In Nomine, especially the way it derived insanely complex politics out of an alignment system simpler than D&D  ;D

clonkertink

Gaaaah. Yeeeees. Celestial politics is my jam. Interested.

Amarissa

My interest is peeked I'm definitely curious to know more at the very least.

tangerine

I just watched Good Omens.  Is it anything like that?

Voidknight

In Nomine can be run with a few different tones. It's been ages since I read Good Omens and I haven't got around to seeing the series yet. It often is a slightly comedic setting (But again, can be played entirely straight.) Celestials can be somewhat alien in mindset and most of them are extremely odd in appearance, ranging from flaming wheels to clouds of eyes and mouths in their true forms.

clonkertink

@tangerine

There are probably some Good Omens parallels (though I admittedly haven’t read it personally). The gist of the game revolves around angels and demons waging a cold war against each other in secret, while living amog himanity.

Which can lead to strange bedfellows at times. In fact, the game has baked-in mechanics to discourage open warfare between Angels and Devils, so you can have angels and demons in the same “group”, possibly working each other for information, or negotiating compromises.

Which can lead to strange bedfellows. There’s infighting in heaven and hell, and slinging too much miraculous mojo draws the attention of every andel and demon for miles around. So you can end up with Angels going into seedy dive bars and working fiends over for information, even making compromises, in order to fulfill their goals.

Lord Mayerling

Due to an unforeseen development away from E I will need to postpone this interest check for now, but will likely revive it at the end of the summer or thereabouts. 

clonkertink

That's too bad. But... also... I probably don't need to be taking on more RPs at this point. I'll keep my eyes peeled!