IC: Risus Dungeoneers

Started by Cirus, June 25, 2019, 03:06:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cirus

Here I go again down this lonely subterranean world where my imagination takes over and leaves my dishes dirty in the sink, my lawn growing outside and bills piled up in the mail slot.

Here I go again craving a good old fashioned dungeon crawl. But these days I am such a tired daddy that I've decided to use the rpg system that is not only closest to my heart and experience but the simplest- Risus, the Anything RPG.

Now don't think I'm going to spend nights designing a twenty level dungeon with minions, traps, bosses and a lore that would make MAR Baker cry (cudos to those who know who that is without google). Oh no, I am thinking of a five room dungeon, which may be just right by play by post and nothing more.

Yep, here it comes again, some romping adventure that starts either at a campfire or at a tavern. Camp fire! Hell you're already there! Yes sireee, something that we played when the teacher wasn't looking at back of chemistry lab.

Is that dead frog looking at me?

And without further ado, here is the link for the system, no doubt many of you know about it already.

https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/170294/Risus-The-Anything-RPG

Ill see if there is an interest check then move on to bigger and better (and trapped) rooms.
Are we living in a land, where Sex and Horror are the new Gods? -Frankie Goes to Hollywood

IC: New Orleans: House of the Rising Sun
O & O's
Needs & Fantasies

Mantis Shrimp Prime

I always wanted to do something in Risus but just never found the feet to properly try.

Cirus

I have lots of rpg feet. Though sometimes all left.

Any ideas for character or world Building?

Are we living in a land, where Sex and Horror are the new Gods? -Frankie Goes to Hollywood

O & O's
Needs & Fantasies

Cirus

How about something like...

Long ago, during the reign of the First N'tari emperor, the name Ywaz was
spoken throughout the land. Some spoke of him reverently, others as if he were a sick joke played
upon them by the emperor and his minions. But all agreed that he was one of their ruler’s favorites. And perhaps
even more so, they spoke of the Coat of Diamonds, an impenetrable suit of armour granted him
as a gift from the emperor.

When he died, he was buried in a small tomb in the Plains of Fergusia, just away from Rivermoon, where he could watch
over his wandering kin for eternity.
[/i]

O & O's
Needs & Fantasies