Caravanserai [Out of Character; Open to New/Old Members and Applicants]

Started by Flower, July 05, 2018, 08:15:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaclyn

Quote from: Flower on July 19, 2018, 07:42:03 PM
Whoah there. xD Let's keep it friendly.

There is nothing wrong with people discussing writing. From the looks of it, most folks are excited and making plans for the upcoming party. I enjoy active OOCs. It helps people feel more comfortable writing with each other.

I was trying to be friendly. My post is 2 days ago and still counting. Am I missing something here? I know I'm new but  ...

HockeyGod

Quote from: Jaclyn on July 19, 2018, 08:27:36 PM
I was trying to be friendly. My post is 2 days ago and still counting. Am I missing something here? I know I'm new but  ...

Likely people just got busy and it's fallen off the radar - no worries, it can happen in group games. Posting in the OOC can help.

Flower

I recommend exercising patience. I have sometimes waited even longer for a response in group games.

Perhaps your character might have better luck in a public area rather than her room.

Peripherie

Quote from: HockeyGod on July 19, 2018, 07:47:35 PM
I'm still trying to find my way in the game - it moved REALLY fast and was hard to keep up ;)

Has anyone tagged Brandon-bar that I missed?

I was going to in my next Breezy post if that is okay, have her sit at the bar to order another drink.
"Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry rain or usher
storm, but to add color to my sunset sky." - Rabindranath Tagore

Jaclyn

Quote from: Peripherie on July 19, 2018, 08:38:15 PM
I was going to in my next Breezy post if that is okay, have her sit at the bar to order another drink.
Quote from: HockeyGod on July 19, 2018, 08:28:52 PM
Posting in the OOC can help.

As I have.

Quote from: Flower on July 19, 2018, 08:30:25 PM
I recommend exercising patience. I have sometimes waited even longer for a response in group games.

Thank you!

So should I expand my post in my room or wait for someone else to post? Trying to learn the culture here ...

Flower

Giantmutantcrab

Quote from: HockeyGod on July 19, 2018, 08:21:15 PM
Sadly living out in the woods I've got everything, but they are all managed.

For mice I have the inside traps with powder in them. I haven't had a mouse for over 2 years. I also have traps all along the perimeter of the house.

For spiders and other bugs the windows get sprayed twice a year.

I have tons of other wildlife around me - including deer, turkeys, and a bear - but none of the "pest" critters have bothered me - bats, bees, wasps...the carpenter ants can be annoying but I dispatch them quickly.

Ah, carpenter ants!

Inside the house or just outside? This is actually a very serious question.

RedPhoenix

Quote from: Jaclyn on July 19, 2018, 08:39:02 PM
As I have.

Thank you!

So should I expand my post in my room or wait for someone else to post? Trying to learn the culture here ...

Well your last post has your character going into her room all by herself. I'm not sure what anyone could possibly to do interact with you from there!

If you want to write a scene with someone asking in the OOC is the way to go. That's what this talk here is about!

I'm not sure what the mentors are available for in this mentor project I'll leave that to them to explain. It sounds like HockeyGod is available at the bar?
Apologies & Absences | Ons & Offs | Canon in Red
I move the stars for no one.

HockeyGod

Quote from: Peripherie on July 19, 2018, 08:38:15 PM

Absolutely!

Quote from: Giantmutantcrab on July 19, 2018, 08:40:13 PM
Ah, carpenter ants!

Inside the house or just outside? This is actually a very serious question.

Yeah, just outside on the deck. They are gone now - darn critters!

Quote from: RedPhoenix on July 19, 2018, 08:45:03 PM
I'm not sure what the mentors are available for in this mentor project I'll leave that to them to explain. It sounds like HockeyGod is available at the bar?

Brandon the barkeep is available for chatting as is the wonderful game room attendant  ;D

Giantmutantcrab

Quote from: HockeyGod on July 19, 2018, 08:46:36 PM
Yeah, just outside on the deck. They are gone now - darn critters!

I would recommend checking the deck for any signs of water infiltration, past or present. Carpenter ants will burrow inside wood that has been affected by water infiltration. That wood will soften and swell when it dries, making it soft and malleable. They will burrow little tunnels inside and go get eggs from the main nest to make their own little side nest.

-----

I have a general question, because I am an internet dinosaur.

Would anyone know to make those lovely little boxes that you click and it shows either text or a picture?

Jaclyn

Quote from: RedPhoenix on July 19, 2018, 08:45:03 PM
Well your last post has your character going into her room all by herself. I'm not sure what anyone could possibly to do interact with you from there!

If you want to write a scene with someone asking in the OOC is the way to go. That's what this talk here is about!

Okay, please E'splain "mentor project."

My problem feels simpler. I wrote my way from the reception desk to my room 2 days ago elapsed E time.

Quote from: HockeyGod on July 19, 2018, 08:46:36 PM
Brandon the barkeep is available for chatting as is the wonderful game room attendant  ;D

No other player here has anything? Any thing? In two whole RealLife™ days? Okay, heading for the bar to tease Brandon with cuteness.

Flower

Mentors are writers too. Many of whom are quite awesome. I'm sure you'll have tons of fun with HG. Perhaps other writers will drop into your scene with his guy. :)

RedPhoenix

I actually don't know what mentor project means, I was just using the old words in the title of the recruiting thread. :)

Flower

It really just means a group game shepherded by mentors. A place for all to write and experiment with their writing in a light hearted atmosphere. The promised land. :P

RedPhoenix

Also if there is one thing I have learned from playing group games on E it's that waiting for someone else to do something is never the way to get your character involved.

If you were looking for something to do, asking here in the ooc thread for a partner looking to write a post works a lot better, or putting them somewhere public, or having them interact with someone who is waiting for something to happen. =)

Personally I have one scene where it's the other person's turn to post, and other than that will probably join the party scene when it starts.

Peripherie

Quote from: Flower on July 19, 2018, 09:13:41 PM
It really just means a group game shepherded by mentors. A place for all to write and experiment with their writing in a light hearted atmosphere. The promised land. :P

It really is a great idea!!

Quote from: Jaclyn on July 19, 2018, 09:02:07 PM

No other player here has anything? Any thing? In two whole RealLife™ days? Okay, heading for the bar to tease Brandon with cuteness.

Yay bar! I just posted my gal there again. You can chat with her too. :)

Giantmutantcrab

Quote from: Flower on July 19, 2018, 09:13:41 PM

https://media.giphy.com/media/z2ximIXM4LEsg/giphy.gif

Jaclyn

Kit Cat

Kinsey will come out of hiding soon and head to the bar, once the one writing on her behalf gets her head sewn back on right!

Peripherie

Flower

I know. Looks so adorable and it's a goldie. How goes your morning, Peri? :)

Peripherie

I'm wonderful. About to go get some breakfast. How are you Flower?

Flower

Oooh breakfast. I'm contemplating that as well. Perhaps some oatmeal. I'm good. Just a quiet morning.

HockeyGod

Quote from: Giantmutantcrab on July 19, 2018, 09:00:40 PM

I have a general question, because I am an internet dinosaur.

Would anyone know to make those lovely little boxes that you click and it shows either text or a picture?

clickhere

You mean like this?

This is the spoiler tag.

[spoiler=write text here]insert anything you want in the button here[/spoiler]