Blue Moon VS Elliquiy

Started by Guyver0335, July 01, 2013, 12:27:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guyver0335

I recently saw a post that mentions a website called Blue Moon Roleplaying which from what the post I saw it's run by the same people(person) that runs Elliquiy. My question is what's the difference between the two?

Aadreal

From what I undersrand Blue Moon was at risk of dying and Veks took it over.  Something technical like losing servers or something.  They do not have an application process.  Once you confirm you are 18 you are in.  I looked through it once before finding E and it scared me to be honest.  But that was just ke.  From what I've been told it just has a very different vibe."Smut is more important than the writing" is what I was told. That person could be wrong. *shrugs*

Nico

From my understanding, Blue Moon isn't as well moderated as Elliquiy. I could be wrong, mind you, because I am not on there.

AlphaWolfQuin

Personally I use both sites and I found Blue Moon first. As for the smut being more important then writing just like every site it depends on the writer themselves not the site as a whole. There are differences yes but I find I enjoy both sites equally and I enjoy my writing partners on each site equally I just enjoy writing and making friends and in my opinion both sites have been able to give me that and that's what matters to me most.
All you have is your fire
And the place you need to reach
Don't you ever tame your demons
But always keep 'em on a leash

Guyver0335

Alright cool, I've always liked E over other Roleplay sites. I just wasn't sure if this sister site was just as good as this one or what the deal was.

Batman4560

I am a member of both and to be honest, I have found much more success here than on Blue Moon. Blue Moon has a few really great writers on it and they are willing to help you get better but because there is no app process, I have found there are alot more...umm...jerks on that site as well. I suppose that you can have that on any site but I only stay on that site for two players.

Peripherie

I have been a member of both. Like some before, I first joined Blue Moon and then came over to Elliquiy. I stopped using Blue Moon for a few reasons, one of them being that I have a hard time splitting my attention between two communities. :P

From what I remember, privacy is also different on the two sites. (Though true privacy online is getting pretty hard to come by these days.) On Blue Moon all but one forum for roleplaying is open to guests/the general public. And then, anyone can sign up to look at the private forum. On Elliquiy most of the roleplaying forums (except the Non Adult Sandbox and most, if not all, things in that left column) is blocked for viewing from the general googling public.
"Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry rain or usher
storm, but to add color to my sunset sky." - Rabindranath Tagore

Guyver0335

Good point Peripherie, who wants the general public reading our Roleplay's.

Thanks for the info all.

Miss Lilly

I'm registered over at Blue Moon, but I've never really been active there.  I went because a friend asked me to join a game he runs there, but then he dropped out of circulation, so I never bothered to go any further.

I prefer E for a whole load of reasons, most of which have already been mentioned.  But a big one is aesthetics.  E has clean lines and is organised.  Blue Moon...well, there are no limits on the size of avatars and the like, so it always looks jumbled and messy to me.  It used to give me a headache just browsing a thread!

Want to get wild in the west?
Visit Lola's!

Cold Heritage

I dimly recall mention that playing by Private Messages is hugely popular on Blue Moon.
Thank you, fellow Elliquiyan, and have a wonderful day.

Batman4560

It is but there is a limit to how much you can have in your box and things get lost real fast there.

Vekseid

Quote from: Aadreal on July 01, 2013, 01:02:24 PM
From what I undersrand Blue Moon was at risk of dying and Veks took it over.  Something technical like losing servers or something.  They do not have an application process.  Once you confirm you are 18 you are in.  I looked through it once before finding E and it scared me to be honest.  But that was just ke.  From what I've been told it just has a very different vibe."Smut is more important than the writing" is what I was told. That person could be wrong. *shrugs*

What happened was, Elliquiy had a major competitor known as darker roleplay, the technical admin of which wasn't capable of handling a large site. So it crashed and burned. Multiple times. Since it had major cultural differences in comparison to E, having them banging on the gates here was not going to end well.

After another major crash, I offered to host Blue Moon as a de facto replacement for DRP. Eventually the founder lost interest, I let Darkangel76 and Hahvoc Requim run the place now.

kckolbe

Quote from: Vekseid on July 02, 2013, 08:24:33 AM
Since it had major cultural differences in comparison to E, having them banging on the gates here was not going to end well.

This would be the international equivalent of creating a country to keep refugees away.  I love it. 
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

Formless

Quote from: kckolbe on July 02, 2013, 09:52:55 AM
This would be the international equivalent of creating a country to keep refugees away.  I love it.

I think it's a good idea for a group game. ::)

kckolbe

Wow.  I think you're right.
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

Formless

I might join if it ever made it past the planning phase. xD

Oniya

Quote from: kckolbe on July 02, 2013, 09:52:55 AM

Works better in cyberspace - no actual land for people to get moved into or out of, and then get cranky about who belongs where.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17