Warhammer 40k: Dark Imperium Rogue Trader

Started by Conundrum, January 02, 2019, 01:07:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drowdeviant

My F-list: https://www.f-list.net/c/wolf%20king%20ii
My A/As: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=223237.0 -My RPs and how many I can do at one time

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: HairyHeretic on January 05, 2019, 02:05:20 PM
That's probably not helping ;)

So are you going to do the RT then? by the sounds of it Conundrum wants that locked down first.

HairyHeretic

Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Drowdeviant

Quote from: HairyHeretic on January 05, 2019, 02:31:49 PM
Yeah, I'm happy to PC the Rogue Trader

Will they need a consort/wife/fiance/mistress by chance? ;)
My A/As: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=223237.0 -My RPs and how many I can do at one time

TheGlyphstone

Of course they do. The first duty of any noble is to ensure continuity by providing an heir for his lineage.

I'm currently finding character creation a bit frustrating because there is no Career option for a Psyker who isn't an Astropath...

Drowdeviant

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on January 05, 2019, 02:35:44 PM
Of course they do. The first duty of any noble is to ensure continuity by providing an heir for his lineage.

...Well unfortunately pregnancy is kind of out of the question for me. xD

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: Drowdeviant on January 05, 2019, 02:36:53 PM
...Well unfortunately pregnancy is kind of out of the question for me. xD

As a kink, or a physical possibility for the character? Cause the latter would be far more of an issue than the former when it comes to a wife/consort - no noble is going to keep a barren wife. The former is easy to solve by just never having it happen.

Drowdeviant

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on January 05, 2019, 02:38:38 PM
As a kink, or a physical possibility for the character? Cause the latter would be far more of an issue than the former when it comes to a wife/consort. The former is easy to solve by just never having it happen.

As a kink. One of my very few offs xD

TheGlyphstone

Then yeah, easy fix. ;D Either your kid was already born and is safely stored away on some planet in the care of dynasty minions, or it's a brand-new marriage that has yet to bear fruit.

Drowdeviant

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on January 05, 2019, 02:40:31 PM
Then yeah, easy fix. ;D Either your kid was already born and is safely stored away on some planet in the care of dynasty minions, or it's a brand-new marriage that has yet to bear fruit.

...Also we're fucking nobles. What says we're just following the tradition of having our kids raised by nannies and tutors since we're busy people? xD

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: Drowdeviant on January 05, 2019, 02:42:20 PM
...Also we're fucking nobles. What says we're just following the tradition of having our kids raised by nannies and tutors since we're busy people? xD

Yeah, that was option 1. If the succession is secured, the kids are off being handled by the peons while the parents are busy having ADVENTURES.

Conundrum

Quote from: HairyHeretic on January 05, 2019, 02:31:49 PM
Yeah, I'm happy to PC the Rogue Trader

What are your thoughts on your rogue trader?
If I have not responded to a post in 4 days, send me a PM as I may have missed it.

TheGlyphstone

Highly tolerant of xenoheresy, regular heresy, and other kinds of heresy might be important...

HairyHeretic

I had an old Dark Heresy character who had the Blighted Scholam background, and had been placed with a Rogue Trader to help investigate the Cold Trade in the Calixis sector. I would always have him adopted by the Rogue Trader and become his heir when the RT passed on. He'd still be an Inqusitorial agent of some kind, which would work well with the Radical Inquisitor you mentioned earlier.

Is that suitable?

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Conundrum

Quote from: HairyHeretic on January 05, 2019, 03:42:41 PM
I had an old Dark Heresy character who had the Blighted Scholam background, and had been placed with a Rogue Trader to help investigate the Cold Trade in the Calixis sector. I would always have him adopted by the Rogue Trader and become his heir when the RT passed on. He'd still be an Inqusitorial agent of some kind, which would work well with the Radical Inquisitor you mentioned earlier.

Is that suitable?

That can work, an inquisitorial agent inheriting into a dynasty.  Do they have any relevant likes, dislikes, or personality elements like a hatred for certain groups?
If I have not responded to a post in 4 days, send me a PM as I may have missed it.

HairyHeretic

Quote from: Conundrum on January 05, 2019, 04:02:29 PM
Do they have any relevant likes, dislikes, or personality elements like a hatred for certain groups?

Not strongly. He was pretty amoral. He'd happily kill people if the mission required it, but it would be just business, so to speak.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Red Leaf

Any particular organisation affiliations - ties with any particular Adepta, etc (either with your character, or the RT he was seconded to? I have a rough outline of a Tech Priest background, which could probably fit into a range of stuff, but if there are any particular bits of background I can tie into, that'd be great! Like, are we going with a rough Calixis-y Koronus-y place of origin, d'you think?

TheGlyphstone

New thought. Since I just can't seem to make the dino wizard work without significant homebrewing (and if I'm going to do that work, it'll be inside my own ruleset thankyaverramuch). Since everyone else has expressed primarily human characters, how do people feel about a Tau crew member (both the RT-player and others)? A lone Tau, cut off from the Empire by the Rifts, might take up service on a Trader ship mainly as a way to avoid getting murdered until he can get home.

HairyHeretic

The background is pretty open. He was initially assigned as part of the Adeptus Administratum, and fulfilled a sort of Senechal role, as well as handling whatever 'errands' the RT needed run.

Where we are located would be up to the GM, but there are traders in xenotech across plenty of sectors

Cattle die, kinsmen die

HairyHeretic

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on January 05, 2019, 04:30:46 PM
New thought. Since I just can't seem to make the dino wizard work without significant homebrewing (and if I'm going to do that work, it'll be inside my own ruleset thankyaverramuch). Since everyone else has expressed primarily human characters, how do people feel about a Tau crew member (both the RT-player and others)? A lone Tau, cut off from the Empire by the Rifts, might take up service on a Trader ship mainly as a way to avoid getting murdered until he can get home.

I wouldn't have a problem with it

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Red Leaf

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on January 05, 2019, 04:30:46 PM

I am super into having many, uh, interesting conversations with a Tau in that situation! I think that there's a lot of potentially quite fascinating interactions between the (somewhat radical) fringe of the Mechanicum and Tau tech and mindsets - since it's something that won't corrupt by itself, it serves as a cool gateway into all kinds of exciting radicalism.

Quote from: HairyHeretic on January 05, 2019, 04:32:03 PM
The background is pretty open. He was initially assigned as part of the Adeptus Administratum, and fulfilled a sort of Senechal role, as well as handling whatever 'errands' the RT needed run.

Where we are located would be up to the GM, but there are traders in xenotech across plenty of sectors

Cool - I'll write something up when Conundrum is soliciting other characters, and put it past you!

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: Red Leaf on January 05, 2019, 04:38:57 PM
I am super into having many, uh, interesting conversations with a Tau in that situation! I think that there's a lot of potentially quite fascinating interactions between the (somewhat radical) fringe of the Mechanicum and Tau tech and mindsets - since it's something that won't corrupt by itself, it serves as a cool gateway into all kinds of exciting radicalism.

Cool - I'll write something up when Conundrum is soliciting other characters, and put it past you!

I was wavering between an Earth Caste engineer and a Fire Caste gunner, I figured the former would be stepping a little too hard on your toes as the resident Tech-Priest.

Red Leaf

Like - if Earth Caste is grabbing you, then go right ahead! Tech-use is a ludicrously versatile skill in WH40kRPG, and there's a lot of tech in a ship to deal with. If you're not fussed about there being someone in a similar niche, I'm not.

But then again - Fire Caste soldier. With a worn out old battlesuit in the hold. Repairing it over time. Constant, constant Heaven Will Be Mine vibes.

Aaah both options are so good! I think go with whatever you feel like!

TheGlyphstone

I have no idea what Heaven Will Be Mine is, but throw in a loyal 'pet' drone and you've sold me on the Fire Caste warrior. ;D

mechanical mumblings

Frontier World has +Ballistics and +Perception; that suits a Tau, and the bonus to self-repairing and self-modifying gear also makes sense.

Probably need to make a custom Background for Fire Caste, patterned off the stuff in the Tau Player's Guide. Likely a modified Militarum Tempestus.

Role....I like Operative; the Aptitude spread is excellent and suits me well, and it has a very nifty Role bonus ability.

Career is obviously Arch-Militant.

Roleplay Frog

Quote from: Drowdeviant on January 05, 2019, 02:42:20 PM
...Also we're fucking nobles.

Kinky.

Quotehow do people feel about a Tau crew member

You missspelled filthy Xenos. I mean.. great idea!