Question about the Ignore/Buddy lists?

Started by Inkidu, March 05, 2014, 07:54:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inkidu

Specifically, what happens when you add someone to either, and are there any notifications or the like extended to the person buddied/ignored? I've seen the options around, but E is such a tight-knit community that I'm not exactly clear on what they do.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Blythe

If a person is not in invisible/hidden mode and they are on your Buddy list, you will be able to see their name in bold in the list of those online at the bottom of the screen. If you have set profile settings (like IM info) to Buddies only, only those you add to your list will be able to see IM contact info you input.

As for the Ignore option, it is possible to disable receiving PMs from those on your Ignore list.  In addition, adding someone to your Ignore list will "hide" their posts on the forum so you don't have to read them, but you maintain the option to choose to look at individual posts they make.

Either way, no one is notified if added to either list to my knowledge. The only way those on your Ignore List might know if you've added them to it will be if they try to send you a PM. I believe they will receive a message about how they can't do that.

Nadir

If you add someone to your buddies, the "online" graphic beside their name changes - you will see a small circle included with it. If you look at the "Who's Online" list on the main page, their name will be bolded (if they are online and visable) and you will be told how many buddies are currently online (in the same place that says how many users/guests/spiders are on)

If you add someone to your ignore list, they cannot send you PMs, their posts will be hidden (like how a spoiler tag looks, but including the signature and avatar. You are able to open it with a click)

Ninja Blythe!

Inkidu

Quote from: Blythe on March 05, 2014, 07:58:36 PM
If a person is not in invisible/hidden mode and they are on your Buddy list, you will be able to see their name in bold in the list of those online at the bottom of the screen. If you have set profile settings (like IM info) to Buddies only, only those you add to your list will be able to see IM contact info you input.

As for the Ignore option, it is possible to disable receiving PMs from those on your Ignore list.  In addition, adding someone to your Ignore list will "hide" their posts on the forum so you don't have to read them, but you maintain the option to choose to look at individual posts they make.

Either way, no one is notified if added to either list to my knowledge. The only way those on your Ignore List might know if you've added them to it will be if they try to send you a PM. I believe they will receive a message about how they can't do that.
Ah, because I've used the ignore list as an out-of-sight-out-of-mind cooldown list, but no one's stayed there, but I wondered if there was actually any other effect, I don't want to give people the wrong idea and never have them contact me again. XD

I aways wondered what the buddy list did special, thanks Blythe.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.