Mobile Suit Gundam: The One Year War (Everyone welcome, Female MS pilots needed)

Started by Mac84, June 19, 2014, 02:44:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mac84

Quote from: Deathnote on June 21, 2014, 07:18:36 PM
Ah... right... I forgot to ask, sorry.

@Juggtacular & Warlock - You don't mind if I used your characters' personal histories to create mine, do you?  Read my character's personal history and you'll understand what I mean.

Btw, how many squads are we going for for each side?

The number of squads wholly depends on the number of interested people. If we have enough for two, or more squads a piece, Sweet.

Here is a good Gundam Series to watch to get a "Feel" of the inspiration of this Story. It is only 12 episodes long with a couple of short OVAs

http://kissanime.com/Anime/Mobile-Suit-Gundam-The-08th-MS-Team

ArtemisHighmore

Good afternoon everyone. Apologies for the slow going on the character sheet. Was a very busy weekend. Will be working on one shortly.

MiraMirror

Potentially interested? I've only watched some Gundam, and none of the original, so I'd like to ask just how much prior knowledge of the series is necessary.  Depending onthat, I'd probably play for whoever needs players.
On's and Offs -  Please read before asking for a story <3

Mac84

Hello Shrroth,

Some prior knowledge would be beneficial, but I believe there are enough fans here that are more than willing to help you should you have any questions.

Also, a good reference OVA for this Group would be Mobile Suit Gundam: 08th MS Team. It is a 12 Episode series with A couple of OVAs. So you don't need to marathon 50+ episodes on the others. :-)

As for Sides, I believe the Federation is needing more pilots.

MiraMirror

Mmmmkay. I'd watch the series now, but I'm having a few connection issues at the moment.  I'll go ahead and give it a watch once I can, and I'll probably browse the wiki until then.

So Federation needs more people? I'll go ahead and read the whole thread to see which roles need to be filled.

Edit: Merkay, finished the profile for the most part.  I'm not very good with making names, if that wasn't immediately obvious. XP

Mac84

Quote from: ThatOneShrroth on June 24, 2014, 12:40:53 PM
Mmmmkay. I'd watch the series now, but I'm having a few connection issues at the moment.  I'll go ahead and give it a watch once I can, and I'll probably browse the wiki until then.

So Federation needs more people? I'll go ahead and read the whole thread to see which roles need to be filled.

Edit: Merkay, finished the profile for the most part.  I'm not very good with making names, if that wasn't immediately obvious. XP

Here is a good site to watch the series: http://kissanime.com/Anime/Mobile-Suit-Gundam-The-08th-MS-Team

Madame Professor

I am working on my character's background then I'll be done. Sorry for the wait!
The Professor's Research Notes (O/O)  Locked away in the Laboratory (A/A) 
Not currently available for new roleplays
Procaffeinating: (verb) The tendency to not start anything until you've had a cup of coffee.
Perkatory: (noun) The anguished, prolonged period spent waiting for a fresh pot of coffee to be ready.

Mac84

MiraMirror

I feel so...outnumbered as a Federation pilot. I scared. ;-;

pendarious

pilot wise there is only one more zeon and the support truck can't really do much to you in a mobile suit anyway.
Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?
Revolver Ocelot: *shrug* Practice.
—The Last Days Of FOXHOUND

MiraMirror

Swordsman18

I could join the Federation as a GM pilot or a Support Truck driver. What is the current female to male ratio?

YOOOO UC Gundam is my main jam,  my truest love. I've got characters and setting knowledge coming out of my ears. If you need info or scenarios I'm here for ya. I want in!

Madame Professor

The Professor's Research Notes (O/O)  Locked away in the Laboratory (A/A) 
Not currently available for new roleplays
Procaffeinating: (verb) The tendency to not start anything until you've had a cup of coffee.
Perkatory: (noun) The anguished, prolonged period spent waiting for a fresh pot of coffee to be ready.

Mac84

Zeth

Mac84

we're just waiting for Warlock to post before the second scenerio for the Zekes.

akirakaneda

May I still take part in this mecha war in the Zeon side?

(I'm not familiar with the Universal century saga, but I am with wing, seed, 00 and build strike; so please be indulgent)

Mac84

Hello Akira,

Sure, you can join. If you have any questions, I'm sure our panel of experts will be more than happy to fill you in. :D

To reiterate.

There will be no gundams, nor Newtypes in this game. All "Regular" Soldiers, and suits. :-)

For a crash course on the game style, watch 08th MS Team! It's really good. :)

Mac84

Mac84

akirakaneda

Quote from: Zeth on June 21, 2014, 01:53:34 PM
We are still a few players less then the Feds. Principality of Zeon Propaganda machine go!

We recruited members once, we can do it again

Mac84

Quote from: akirakaneda on July 10, 2014, 12:51:59 PM
We recruited members once, we can do it again

Suddenly I feel very drawn to the Zeonic side.