Star Wars: Edge of Empire now Recruitment thread [System game]

Started by Chris Brady, August 08, 2013, 04:30:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShadowFox89

https://elliquiy.com/wiki/File:Twi%27Lek_Character.pdf

Let me know what you think, I had to drop Presence to 3 to get her just where I wanted at chargen >.>
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Kunoichi

Presence 3 should still be fairly serviceable, especially since you want to be more than just a face. ^^

Looking over your skills, I should note that Brawl is no longer a career skill for smugglers.  Which ones did you select for your free skill ranks, and which ones did you spend experience to purchase?

Your Wound Threshold should be 12, not 11, and for your equipment, I'm assuming you took the extra obligation to get extra starting credits, rather than XP?  If so, you should have 300 credits leftover, not 200.

It looks pretty good aside from those issues, though. ^^ Are there prices for any other tools in the beta rules, or is it all just weapons and armor?

Edit: Ah, and I might as well post up my own character sheet. ^^; I got permission to play a non-standard race, but it's one that's fairly iconic, so...

ShadowFox89

There's prices for other stuff, yeah. I just wanted to get the basics down though. I figure her for being fairly self reliable and not exactly trained into the Rangers in a normal way- most likely a veteran Ranger took her in as a mentor or something and taught her the code.

Experience breakdown goes: Specialization (pilot) (20xp), Quick Draw (5xp), Galaxy Mapper (5xp), Brawn 2 (20xp), Agility 3 (30xp), Cunning 3 (30xp)

Which, looking at it now, means I spent 10xp over and will probably have to drop my talents. Easier to drop than the Cunning 3, but still annoying :/
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Kunoichi

I think I'd probably save the specialization as something to spend exp on in-play, if it were me. ^^; You would have 15 experience freed up right away for other talents and skills.

Though, speaking of skills, the free skill ranks that you get have a bit of a limit on how they can be spent.  For the Smuggler career skills, you can select any four and have each of those four at rank 1, and then for the bonus career skills added on by the Scoundrel specialization, you can select two and put a rank in each of those, as well.  Where career skills and bonus career skills overlap, this does mean that you can get up to rank 2 in that skill, but skills aren't allowed to go any higher than that during character creation.

Spending some of your starting experience on picking up extra skills or reinforcing the ones you've already got is a perfectly valid option, though.

ShadowFox89

Well, Smuggler gives me trained in: Coordination, Deceit, Perception, Pilot (Space), Skuldaggery, Streetwise, Vigilance, and Knowledge (underworld). I put 1 rank into Deceit, Perception, Pilot (Space), and Streetwise.

Scoundrel gives me Charm, Cool, and Ranged (light), and I put 1 rank into Charm and Ranged (light).

Pilot gives me Astrogation, Pilot (planet), and Gunnery.

This should be updated with all the changes: https://elliquiy.com/elluiki/images/f/ff/Twi%27Lek_Character.pdf
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Kunoichi

Alright, that allocation works. ^^ I think your character is ready to go.

ShadowFox89

Though, I wonder if Chris would let me get Force Sensitivity 1.... Anyway, bed for me. Hope this game launches off, I've been dying to try this system out since it was announced.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Kunoichi

Well, you could ditch the Pilot specialization and pick up the Force Sensitive Exile specialization for the same cost.  That would get you a Force Rating of 1, though you wouldn't actually be able to do anything with it until you got some more experience and could use it to buy Force Powers.  It is a specialization that would make sense for someone with ties to the Antarian Rangers, though. ^^

ShadowFox89

I'll wait to see what everyone else is making... If someone else can pick up astrogation, then I can drop Pilot for now ^^'
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Kunoichi

Well, I should note that you don't have to be a Pilot in order to pick up the Astrogation skill.  Each rank will just cost an extra 5 XP, since it won't be a career skill.

Baalborn87

Well without the rulebook I may cause more trouble than not. So I shall bow out respectfully.

Enjoy your adventure. And remember "The Force will be with you...always"

Kunoichi

Alright.  I hope you'll at least follow along with the game and check out the gameplay, to see if it looks like a game you might want to pick up for yourself, one day. ^^;

Chris Brady

Quote from: Baalborn87 on August 12, 2013, 04:56:04 PM
Well without the rulebook I may cause more trouble than not. So I shall bow out respectfully.

Enjoy your adventure. And remember "The Force will be with you...always"
Bummer.  You'll be missed.

Actually, Kuni, you have the character creation aspect under control, I'll let you keep at it.  You have the more recent news and links.  :)  Thank you.

I'm going to look into seeing where we can post it.

Also, what would people like to see in this game.
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

ShadowFox89

I'd be interested in a Roam the Galaxy and Alternate Universe style game. What if Luke and Leia didn't survive when Anakin threw Padme around? What if Obi-Wan took a more active role in leading the Rebellion?

And where to put it... System Non-Con Exotic maybe?
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Kunoichi

Quote from: Chris Brady on August 12, 2013, 06:17:22 PM
Actually, Kuni, you have the character creation aspect under control, I'll let you keep at it.  You have the more recent news and links.  :)  Thank you.

I'm going to look into seeing where we can post it.

Also, what would people like to see in this game.

Yeah, I'm more than happy to help people create their characters. ^^ As for what I'd like to see in the game, Roaming the Galaxy sounds pretty good to me, but I'd prefer not to go AU unless we're going to be strongly involved with the Rebellion.  If we're not, then there wouldn't be much point since we wouldn't really be close to the action anyway.

ShadowFox89

Well, it's just a personal preference of mine ^^'

I'd love to be involved in the heavy stuff in the Rebellion, going through the original trilogy with our own twist. But that's me, and I'd be fine with anything.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Kunoichi

Interestingly enough, Fantasy Flight Games recently announced an open beta for Age of Rebellion, another Star Wars rpg that's going to specifically be about getting involved with the Rebel Alliance. ^^ It's going to use the same system, and Age of Rebellion and Edge of the Empire are going to be fully cross-compatible, so maybe it could be fun to start a more Rebellion-focused game when the beta testing gets started?

ShadowFox89

Maybe, but I'm trying not to get too many games.... Need to look for a job T_T

I hope we'll get others posting too....
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Kunoichi

Don't worry, I'm sure most of the people who expressed interest have just been a little busy. ^^

Though, I would like to once again poke our GM to edit the opening post to have more about the plot and game system put into it...

ShadowFox89

Heh, it's just that it's been an eternity since I last played a Star Wars game >.>

And yeah, I'm hoping Chris can put up some info on the plot and such.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Chris Brady

For the record ALL my games are Alternate Universe.  Mainly because the moment I let PC's play in them, the game tends to be break from any sort of canon that the original creator may have had in mind.  :P

;D

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Kunoichi

To be fair, I think the Special Edition made it pretty clear that the original Star Wars was already different from what Lucas had in mind for it. :P

Chris Brady

Roaming the Galaxy

Anything else people want?  Sex, violence?  Adventure is a given, It's Star Wars after all.

ShadowFox89

I think sex and violence is a given too, someone is always getting some in Star Wars :P
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Kunoichi

True, though I probably won't be getting much of the former and will be trying to avoid the latter, since I'm playing a Jawa. :P