What has Elliquiy meant to me?

Started by Trieste, May 20, 2009, 05:12:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trieste

This post marks my 10,000th post on Elliquiy, and I've been thinking a bit on how I wanted to spend my 10,000th post. I didn't want it to be just another giggle in someone's A&A thread, or bantering. When I thought about it, I didn't even want it to be a story post. I wouldn't be able to decide which thread to give that honor to. I wouldn't even know how to start narrowing them down.

When I first volunteered to help out Lilac on Maidens and Monsters, it wasn't a really calculated decision. It was something I did often, in several games. Most of my experiences as a GM are not planned; they are the result of the current GM getting too busy and needing someone to take over. I offer to help, and end up running things. It's never planned, but it's not really unexpected anymore when it happens. At the time, however, I wasn't really to that point. I just threw out my offer of help, like I always do, and suddenly I had my own game on RPoL. Now, I've done that in countless other games, but none of them have really ended up having such a profound effect on who I am, how I write, how I feel about myself, and how I view other people.

I'm really regretful that I was forced to take a hiatus from Elliquiy. For about 20ish months, Elliquiy was completely not a part of my life. At first, I'd log back in and check in, let people know I was alive, and then I would vanish again. I was way too busy with all sorts of other things during that time. Given the support and friendships I have found on Elliquiy, I can't help but wish I had paid more attention to it, and had made time to check in more. To be honest, I had almost completely forgotten about Elliquiy. What drew me back was one of Vekseid's mass mailings; I saw the "Ladies of Elliquiy!" in my inbox and decided to swing back in and check things out. I'm so glad I did. You will never see me protest those mass mailings from Vekseid. Not ever.

As of right now, I have my academic career to finish, and then I have my professional career to take care of. My chosen profession doesn't involve writing, but I love to write so much. I actually feel a little annoyed, crabby, and sad when I'm not able to write something creative. At the same time, I love to socialize. I'm a social person online and off, and Elliquiy gives me an outlet for that, too. The Ladies Only section has been a source of both amusement and gravitas for me. The storywriting section is wonderful. The On and Off Topic sections are a great way to while away some time, and the blogs are wonderful. Elliquiy U is fascinating and irreplacable. And I cannot count the times that I've nearly fallen out of my chair laughing at the staff boards (or some of the Apologies and Absences!)... they're just that great.

Elliquiy is my haven, a place that I care about, and watch over as much as I can. I can't make all the hurt and strife that comes to Elliquiy better, and I really wish I could, but the good times and the laughing and the poignancy are all pretty much worth whatever strife this site (Or certain members who shall remain nameless... :P) may have caused me. I really love Elliquiy (boom de ah dah) and I can't really imagine living without the warm community that has developed here.

Caeli

Congratulations, Trieste. :-)
We're happy to have you here too. <3
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Greenthorn

Quote from: Trieste on May 20, 2009, 05:12:43 PM

Elliquiy is my haven, a place that I care about, and watch over as much as I can. I can't make all the hurt and strife that comes to Elliquiy better, and I really wish I could, but the good times and the laughing and the poignancy are all pretty much worth whatever strife this site (Or certain members who shall remain nameless... :P) may have caused me. I really love Elliquiy (boom de ah dah) and I can't really imagine living without the warm community that has developed here.

How many times do I have to tell you I am sorry!!!   :-(

*goes to figure out another way to annoy Trieste*

Trieste

ShrowdedPoet

*bows to the almighty goddess offering purple stuffs and yummy chocolate*  Congrats!!!
Kiss the hand that beats you.
Sexuality isn't a curse, it's a gift to embrace and explore!
Ons and Offs