Game Protagonists at War (Accepting Applications)

Started by BruceTheCat, August 11, 2014, 10:40:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BruceTheCat

I have decided to let people start rolling characters that share a Home World with other current players. So the Arbiter would be a option.

One note Divine, Chris Redfield is in our game. If you run with Jill, take a look at his sheet for some additional info. That way we don't overlap.
“Also I've seen that movie, if they're any similar to it, then those guns do not fuck around, please take cover“
- scribus1000

Mr L

Okay, good to know, glad i didn't completely shut them down :P
O/Os | A/As | | My Ideas I have taken the Oath of the Drake

Rel Mayer

Quote from: Divine Tenacity on October 08, 2014, 12:21:23 PM
Funny, I was leaning toward those two as well! When I return home I'll pick one and write up a character sheet.

* Rel Mayer whistles and leaves these here for you.

Vaulera

Well, I dearly love mr. Arbiter, and in a scenario with a little less opportunity for sexiness, I would play him in a second, but at a glance, there are no characters from the Street Fighter canon. Being such a huge fan of Juri in particular, I feel it would be a wasted opportunity in so many ways if I didn't play her.

Outlaw Fallen

Quote from: Divine Tenacity on October 08, 2014, 12:11:38 PM
So I'm thinking of a few ladies...

-Claire 'Lightning' Farron from LR:FF
-Quistis Trepe from FF 8
-Tifa Lockheart from FF 7
-Jill Valentine from Resident Evil

Any suggestions?

Ah, Quistis Trepe... One of the most underwrote hotties in the FF series, who was also apparently an accomplished 18 year old instructor... but, hey, I won't poke holes in a beloved past time. Rinoa could have just rot...
"I fought the decisions that called and lost
My mark has the relevant piece in this
I will come reformed
In short, for the murder of those I court
I bless the hour that holds your fall
I will kill you all" - Coheed & Cambria
A/A's UPDATED! (6/6/19) | Desires | Outlaw-bait

"Doesn't love always begin that way; with the illusion more real than the woman?" - Jean-Luc Picard

EdwardShane

Quote from: Divine Tenacity on October 08, 2014, 12:11:38 PM
So I'm thinking of a few ladies...

-Claire 'Lightning' Farron from LR:FF
-Quistis Trepe from FF 8
-Tifa Lockheart from FF 7
-Jill Valentine from Resident Evil

Any suggestions?

Any of them but Lightning would be awesome in my honest opinion.  ^^ 
Granted I may be a bit biased against the 13 games and their entire cast of characters, so take what I say with a grain of salt lol.

Rel Mayer

Quote from: EdwardShane on October 08, 2014, 04:37:29 PM
Any of them but Lightning would be awesome in my honest opinion.  ^^ 
Granted I may be a bit biased against the 13 games and their entire cast of characters, so take what I say with a grain of salt lol.

Hmmm...

I do agree with that.

;) But really it just depends on who your muse calls to.

Divine Tenacity

I-I think I'm getting a clue!

I think its pointing me over there...

Character sheet (or at least bare bones W.I.P.) Coming soon!

EDIT:

Psst, No Peeking Yet!
Claire 'Lightning' Farron

Current Occupation: Guardian Corps soldier (former), The Savior (current)

Home World Information: Cocoon, which no longer exists having fallen to Gran Pulse during Light's slumber. Five hundred years is a long time to sleep.

Appearance/Style Description: Lightning has many outfits that she wears, which augment her abilities accordingly. She can usually be seen wearing Equilibrium (pictured right) most of the time, though she would don her old Guardian Corp. uniform every so often.

Personality: Lightning is determined, concentrated and independent. At first, she is cold and standoffish, distancing herself from her companions. She only looks out for herself and doesn't care if anyone else is left behind. Much of her motivation is fueled from what she perceives as failing to protect Serah and wanting to make things right, which leads her to lash out at those she believes are responsible for that and her l'Cie fate. During her first fateful journey, she learns what it really means to become a leader and protector through her friend, Hope Esthiem, and the rest of her companions.

Now that her l'Cie mark has been removed, many had found out just how compassionate and trusting she really is.  Lightning has learned to trust others and ask them for help. She expresses her emotions more rather than keeping them bottled up inside her, although her time in Valhalla and recognition of her past "sins" has made her more somber.

History: Claire Farron's father died when she was young, and her mother died from an unknown illness when she was fifteen. With no other family to turn to, Claire raised her younger sister, Serah. To overcome the pain of her parents' deaths and to become an adult as quickly as possible, she changed her name from Claire Farron to "Lightning". Despite the delusion of not needing her past, Lightning was still a normal child without her parents who wanted to be loved.

After graduating from high school, Lightning joined the Guardian Corps Bodhum Security Regiment under Lieutenant Amodar, where she attained the rank of sergeant and was scheduled for officer training. However, she began to lose sight of her goals, and worked many hours while spending little time with Serah.

As Lightning learned of the events of the Purge and PSICOM officers taking people from their homes on Cocoon to Gran Pulse, she goes off to find her sister Serah. She later learns she is being held captive within the Pulse Vestige. Upon fighting her way through hordes of PSICOM warriors with her new companions, Serah is turned to crystal upon completing her task and Lightning and her companions receive their l'Cie marks and a blurred Focus.

After learning the true nature of their Focus, Lightning and the others combat the threads of Fate, challenging and defeating the first Fal'Cie, Orphan. It did not prevent Cocoon from falling towards Gran Pulse. Her companions, Fang and Vanille make the ultimate sacrifice by turning their bodies to crystal and becoming the pillar that would hold Cocoon in place for the next few centuries. Upon the departing of her l'Cie mark, Lighting is pulled into a paradox and disappears from the world for the next eon.

When she comes to, she  learns she was awakened by a god of old who has set her on a new task. Once again equipped with limited memories, Lightning sets out to find out what her task is and how she can help to save the world, all worlds, before they fall to Chaos.

Current Situation: Currently wandering Pandora without a clue.

Weapon: Lightning's weapons vary just as her outfits do, being tailored to work alongside the outfit that she changes into. Her standard weapon is the  Zantetsuken gunblade, having been forged from the remains of her fallen Eidolon's sword. The blade is equipped to her default Schema, Equilibrium.

Special Powers: -Schema: Named after the assigned Garb, each individual Schema is composed of a garb, weapon, shield, two accessories, one adornment which can be shared among Schemata, and up to four abilities with minimum one which is exclusive to the garb, although some garbs come with four empty ability slots; it is up to Light to adjust Schema to suit her needs.
Equilibrium (default)
Weapon: Zantetsuken (gunblade)
Shield: None
Accessory:Serah's Tear
Abilities: -Blitz, Ravage, Powerchain, Smite
Hunter of The Wild
Weapon: Blazefire Saber (gunblade)
Accessory: None
Abilities:Heavy Slash, Joust, Power Throw, Night Slash
Dragon's Blood
Weapon: Hauteclaire (mage polearm)
Accessory: Dragon Wings
Abilities:Thundara, Blizzaga, Firaga, Ruin
SOLDIER 1st Class
Weapon: Buster Sword
Shield: SOLDIER's Bangle equipped with [Thunder], [Restore], and [Contain] materia
Accessory: Fenrir Earring
Abilities: Bolt 1,2, 3 (granted with [Thunder] materia); Cure 1,2,3 (granted with [Restore] materia); Freeze,Break,Tornado, Flare (granted with [Contain] materia)

-Army of One ('Limit Break') The attack manifests as several fast strikes from Lightning's gunblade, as well as heavy kicks. Interestingly, if this move is performed midair, it has the same appearance as a ground attack, meaning Lightning lands midair during the attack, and also pushes off the air for her back-flip kick.

Strengths: This can be anything, related or not related to your character's fighting abilities. My recommendation would be to pick 2 things that make you a badass Protagonist, and 2 things that are not related to combat.

Weaknesses: Lightning is only able to perform a Schema change in battle twice before the energy drain starts to take its toll.
Group Games: 0 (pending) | Solo Games: 2  | Post(s) Owed: 2

Check out my Request Thread!

Rel Mayer

Quote from: Divine Tenacity on October 08, 2014, 08:54:53 PM
I-I think I'm getting a clue!

I think its pointing me over there...

Character sheet (or at least bare bones W.I.P.) Coming soon!

* Rel Mayer watches.

Lustful Bride

*LB grabs a towel and leaves it there* I'm just gonna leave the room before it gets weird. >_>.......*walks off*

(X D )

Divine Tenacity

Quote from: Rel Mayer on October 08, 2014, 09:13:48 PM
* Rel Mayer watches.

* Divine Tenacity snickers

Rel... check it out.... -throws on some shades-

Quote from: Lustful Bride on October 08, 2014, 09:16:31 PM
*LB grabs a towel and leaves it there* I'm just gonna leave the room before it gets weird. >_>.......*walks off*

(X D )

* Divine Tenacity  is now laughing her ass off

Rel Mayer

Quote from: Divine Tenacity on October 08, 2014, 09:19:56 PM
* Divine Tenacity snickers

Rel... check it out.... -throws on some shades-

* Divine Tenacity  is now laughing her ass off

I'll believe it when I see it.

Divine Tenacity

Claire 'Lightning' Farron

Current Occupation: Guardian Corps soldier (former), The Savior (current)

Home World Information: Cocoon, which no longer exists having fallen to Gran Pulse during Light's slumber. Five hundred years is a long time to sleep.

Appearance/Style Description: Lightning has many outfits that she wears, which augment her abilities accordingly. She can usually be seen wearing Equilibrium (pictured right) most of the time, though she would don her old Guardian Corp. uniform every so often.

Personality: Lightning is determined, concentrated and independent. At first, she is cold and standoffish, distancing herself from her companions. She only looks out for herself and doesn't care if anyone else is left behind. Much of her motivation is fueled from what she perceives as failing to protect Serah and wanting to make things right, which leads her to lash out at those she believes are responsible for that and her l'Cie fate. During her first fateful journey, she learns what it really means to become a leader and protector through her friend, Hope Esthiem, and the rest of her companions.

Now that her l'Cie mark has been removed, many had found out just how compassionate and trusting she really is.  Lightning has learned to trust others and ask them for help. She expresses her emotions more rather than keeping them bottled up inside her, although her time in Valhalla and recognition of her past "sins" has made her more somber.

History: Claire Farron's father died when she was young, and her mother died from an unknown illness when she was fifteen. With no other family to turn to, Claire raised her younger sister, Serah. To overcome the pain of her parents' deaths and to become an adult as quickly as possible, she changed her name from Claire Farron to "Lightning". Despite the delusion of not needing her past, Lightning was still a normal child without her parents who wanted to be loved.

After graduating from high school, Lightning joined the Guardian Corps Bodhum Security Regiment under Lieutenant Amodar, where she attained the rank of sergeant and was scheduled for officer training. However, she began to lose sight of her goals, and worked many hours while spending little time with Serah.

As Lightning learned of the events of the Purge and PSICOM officers taking people from their homes on Cocoon to Gran Pulse, she goes off to find her sister Serah. She later learns she is being held captive within the Pulse Vestige. Upon fighting her way through hordes of PSICOM warriors with her new companions, Serah is turned to crystal upon completing her task and Lightning and her companions receive their l'Cie marks and a blurred Focus.

After learning the true nature of their Focus, Lightning and the others combat the threads of Fate, challenging and defeating the first Fal'Cie, Orphan. It did not prevent Cocoon from falling towards Gran Pulse. Her companions, Fang and Vanille make the ultimate sacrifice by turning their bodies to crystal and becoming the pillar that would hold Cocoon in place for the next few centuries. Upon the departing of her l'Cie mark, Lighting is pulled into a paradox and disappears from the world for the next eon.

When she comes to, she  learns she was awakened by a god of old who has set her on a new task. Once again equipped with limited memories, Lightning sets out to find out what her task is and how she can help to save the world, all worlds, before they fall to Chaos.

Current Situation: Currently wandering Pandora without a clue.

Weapon: Lightning's weapons vary just as her outfits do, being tailored to work alongside the outfit that she changes into. Her standard weapon is the  Zantetsuken gunblade, having been forged from the remains of her fallen Eidolon's sword. The blade is equipped to her default Schema, Equilibrium.

Special Powers: -Schema: Named after the assigned Garb, each individual Schema is composed of a garb, weapon, shield, two accessories, one adornment which can be shared among Schemata, and up to four abilities with minimum one which is exclusive to the garb, although some garbs come with four empty ability slots; it is up to Light to adjust Schema to suit her needs.
Equilibrium (default)
Weapon: Zantetsuken (gunblade)
Accessory:Serah's Tear
Abilities: -Blitz, Ravage, Powerchain, Smite
Hunter of The Wild
Weapon: Blazefire Saber (gunblade)
Accessory: None
Abilities:Heavy Slash, Joust, Power Throw, Night Slash
Dragon's Blood
Weapon: Hauteclaire (mage polearm)
Accessory: Dragon Wings
Abilities:Thundara, Blizzaga, Firaga, Ruin
SOLDIER 1st Class
Weapon: Buster Sword
Shield: SOLDIER's Bangle equipped with [Thunder], [Restore], and [Contain] materia
Accessory: Fenrir Earring
Abilities: Bolt 1,2, 3 (granted with [Thunder] materia); Cure 1,2,3 (granted with [Restore] materia); Freeze,Break,Tornado, Flare (granted with [Contain] materia)

-Army of One ('Limit Break') The attack manifests as several fast strikes from Lightning's gunblade, as well as heavy kicks. Interestingly, if this move is performed midair, it has the same appearance as a ground attack, meaning Lightning lands midair during the attack, and also pushes off the air for her back-flip kick.

Strengths: Lightning has learned that through compassion, and the support of her companions is where she finds her true source of strength. Lightning can be a great leader at times, knowing just the right thing to say to bolster her companion's morale during a critical moment.

Weaknesses: Lightning is only able to perform a Schema change in battle twice before the energy drain starts to take its toll. Lightning also as a hard time trying to keep her emotions in check during battle, finding herself easily lost in the dance of death.

BruceTheCat

Tentatively your character looks great Divine! Just throw in some Strengths and Weaknesses and you should be good for approval. They don't need to be complicated or numerous. Two or three of each would be fine with me.
“Also I've seen that movie, if they're any similar to it, then those guns do not fuck around, please take cover“
- scribus1000

Divine Tenacity

Quote from: Red Lobster on October 08, 2014, 10:43:23 PM
Tentatively your character looks great Divine! Just throw in some Strengths and Weaknesses and you should be good for approval. They don't need to be complicated or numerous. Two or three of each would be fine with me.

Alright, awesome! I should have this sheet finished quite soon then!

Vaulera

I've decided to go with making Juri Han as a character, but I've hit sort of a hump on the whole "Current Occupation" thing. I was wondering exactly how this one worked, because although I have a few ideas, I'm not sure what the range is. Just looking at Divine's WIP character, she has "Savior" as her day job, so it looks like it's not just jobs in that little "Fabletown" section of the Video Game world?

BruceTheCat

That is correct Vaulera. Divine's works because she has just "woken up" after being asleep for a very long time. So she would have no knowledge of the Fabletown.

If you wanted though to be a famous, or long standing member of the Protagonist group, you would have lived in the New York community for at least a bit of time.
- scribus1000

Vaulera

Okay, thanks a bunch, that's the only part of Juri's character that I was really having trouble with. I don't want her to have many long standing ties with anyone in the group as it is, because developing those connections with her erratic personality seems like it would be most of the fun. I'll have her doing some work that relates somewhat to her skillset.

Divine Tenacity

Gosh I totally blanked for Strength/Weakenesses but I managed to throw up a few. Let me know if I need to edit!

Lustful Bride

Quote from: Vaulera on October 08, 2014, 10:54:21 PM
Okay, thanks a bunch, that's the only part of Juri's character that I was really having trouble with. I don't want her to have many long standing ties with anyone in the group as it is, because developing those connections with her erratic personality seems like it would be most of the fun. I'll have her doing some work that relates somewhat to her skillset.

She would probably make a great bouncer at a club. But that's just me throwing out suggestions.  :P

Vaulera

Juri Han

Current Occupation: In her own world, Juri was a hired killer, and an agent for SIN, leaving her marketable skills greatly in question outside of wartime. Relatively new to the workings of everyday life, Juri is working as a bouncer in a club. She was chosen for this position for both her lethality, and the fact that she is willing to wear club gear at any time of day, and fit the look of the club. In the future, she hopes to open a Tai-Kwon-Do Dojo, but the funds for that will take quite a while to amass.

Home World Information: The world of street fighter is much like ordinary life, save for the incredible powers gifted to the devout martial artists. Juri was actually working for SIN until they proposed a fusion with Shadaloo. When faced with joining M. Bison, she betrayed SIN, unable to reconcile working with the man who killed her parents and took her left eye. Since that time, she's had to make major adjustments to try and fit in with the other "good guys".

Appearance/Style Description: Juri wears many different kinds of outfits depending on her moods, but her low paying, unskilled job does not support the kind of shopping sprees that SIN could, and so she is left with her ordinary attire. The only commonality amongst all of Juri's outfits is that she likes to show a lot of skin, and likes to wear them tight.

Personality: Up until very recently, Juri was still working for the side of evil, a hired killer of SIN, utterly crushing the Shadaloo dolls or the investigators sent to stop SIN, leaving her in a strange predicament. She has absolutely no idea how to get along well with anyone else. She and Seth had a working relationship, in that he gave her the Feng Shui engine and all the power she would need to crush M. Bison, but their strange relationship never became more than just that. Though Juri enjoys fighting just for the thrill of it, she detests the Satsui-no-hadou out of a strange sense of honour, believing it to be a much more abhorrent form of ruthlessness. One of her most defining traits is her strange reverence of children. In a profession where killing is her mantra, she refuses to fight or harm children. Juri's personality is fragmented at best, split between the girl that longs for the normal life she once had, or the scarred, angry woman who relishes the thrill of crushing an enemy under her heel.

History: For the first fifteen years of Juri's life, she was an exceptional young girl. At 15 years old, Juri was already a respected practitioner of Tai-Kwon-Do, winning tournaments and events whenever she attended them. She deeply loved her parents, who were successful individuals respectively. Her father, however, was the lawyer in charge of prosecuting the organized crime in the region. In a world where mobsters and crime bosses can shoot energy from their fingers, and deflect bullets with their hands, the worst happened. Both she and her parents were kidnapped by Shadaloo, the crime empire run by M. Bison. Her mother and father were murdered before her eyes, and M. Bison took her left eye, and left her for dead for an unknown reason, perhaps due to some sadistic whim, or twisted sense of honour.

Having already become a martial arts practitioner of repute, the broken and beaten Juri was picked up by SIN, the rival crime organization to shadaloo. There, Seth promised her power and revenge, catering to the desires of her vengeful heart perfectly. There in SINs labs, Juri was trained, and equipped with one of the most deadly tools in the world, the Feng Shui engine. During her time at SIN, the achieving young woman's desires for revenge changed her, that lust for power and revenge fostered by both Seth and everyone in the labs. The training lasted for a very long time, years in fact, but Juri never lost sight of her overarching goal.

After all of that training, she became the most dangerous agent in SIN, stronger even than Seth himself with her Feng Shui engine activated. She went on many missions, killing many targets, but the clever Seth always kept her moving towards Shadaloo, despite how distant the organization might have seemed. A landmark occasion was when she met Chun-Li, her long standing rival. Juri had just assassinated the target (leaving their child alive and unharmed,) when Chun-Li stopped her. Banter ensued, but in the end, Juri beat Chun-Li, and broke her arm, just to remember her by, the beginning of a long and fruitful relationship.

These missions continued on for a short amount of time, culminating in the tournament that Seth was going to hold. Juri's original plan was to pit Seth against M. Bison, and succeed Seth as the head of SIN, but the Legion put a stop to her plans. Seth and M. Bison were going to work together, and the invitation was extended to Juri, to be a part of the world-conquering force, but Juri could never work with M. Bison. He was the sole reason that she continued to work for SIN, and to abandon that goal would mean that she had become pure evil. Juri embraced that withered bit of honour still left inside her and fought against the tide, but like all others, lost her home world to the Legion.

Current Situation: Currently looking for work in assisting against the threat on Pandora in direct combat with the enemy.

Weapon: The Feng Shui engine: A device originally designed by SIN, its sole purpose is to enhance already existing lethality in martial artists. Juri always had the ability to project her Ki in blasts, or augment her strikes with it, but the Feng Shui engine ramps up the production of Ki exponentially. This heightens her power, speed and the distance and power that she can project her Ki.

Special Powers: In the unique vein with other members of the Street Fighter world, her only special abilities are masteries of martial arts. But in her world, a mastery over martial arts allows you to do amazing things. Pictured above, Juri actually kicking a rocket shot from a rocket launcher out of mid air. The reflexes and power that she has are more a result of her incredible mastery of Ki, than the ordinary human body. Like other masters, Juri can project fire from her limbs and perform incredible feats of acrobatics, endurance and strength, capable of lifting even the massive Hugo off of his feet, and propelling him through the air with a single kick.

Strengths: Ruthlessness: Juri was never one for mercy, but making an enemy of her has more sinister implications than some other protagonists. Given the opportunity to kill her sworn enemy, Juri will always execute, unless heavily dissuaded, or outright forbidden from doing so. Fortunately, the Legion's all consuming nature leaves little room for mercy.

Guerrilla Tactics: Though Juri has an extreme lust for vengeance, it is tempered by her SIN training and enhanced by her sadistic nature. She won't always commit to a single assault, or one big plan. She is willing to spend literally years orchestrating the downfall of her enemies, whittling away at them, and tearing at the edges of their forces, fear tactics one of her most favoured tools in a wartime scenario.

Weaknesses: Trust Problems: Given her history as one of the villains in her own world, and the harsh environment at SIN, Juri has never had someone to trust or rely on. This creates numerous issues when she is working with other protagonists. Implicit trust is something so foreign and alien to Juri that she is a bad team player in the event that she is put in a group. She will disagree with others habitually, and question the roles given in a mission.

Particular Combatant: Despite being a hired killer in the past, Juri is actually reticent when fighting some opponents, repeatedly stating her distaste for fighting women and especially younger opponents. With her shattered family history, she flat out refuses to fight children and some younger opponents, and greatly objects to fighting women, going so far as to avoid any sort of killing blow, no matter how dire the circumstances.

Vaulera

Also, thank you so much for all the help and suggestions, everyone. That Club Bouncer suggestion was pure gold, Lustful!

Angaroo

I, too, am thinking of a few ladies to play, and have narrowed it down to three.  .3.

-Shanoa from Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia
-Rubi Malone from Wet
-Lenneth from the Valkyrie Profile

Any thoughts/suggestions are appreciated. c:

Rel Mayer

Quote from: Angaroo on October 09, 2014, 07:14:33 AM
I, too, am thinking of a few ladies to play, and have narrowed it down to three.  .3.

-Shanoa from Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia
-Rubi Malone from Wet
-Lenneth from the Valkyrie Profile

Any thoughts/suggestions are appreciated. c:

This isn't tactical suggestions - but I absolutely loved that game. I loved it when she did her little cat move. >:) But I think it would be very interesting to see her combat style written.

Outlaw Fallen

Gasp* Excellent choices! My vote goes to Lenneth... smexy smexy Valkyrie <3... but Shanoa also gets a vote.

Also, I'm really looking forward to seeing Juri in action.
"I fought the decisions that called and lost
My mark has the relevant piece in this
I will come reformed
In short, for the murder of those I court
I bless the hour that holds your fall
I will kill you all" - Coheed & Cambria
A/A's UPDATED! (6/6/19) | Desires | Outlaw-bait

"Doesn't love always begin that way; with the illusion more real than the woman?" - Jean-Luc Picard