The Queens of Red and White: Closed

Started by Ember Star, August 20, 2013, 12:59:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

persephone325

This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Love And Submission

Would a Rogue Psychic work? Someone who went to live in the Forrest to try to hide from  their visions only for them to return  with the red queen? I'd like to join. I'm just unsure of what race I want to be.

Discord: SouthOfHeaven#3454

HDWalker

Goodday you all,

I was wondering if and what kind of characters would be preferred at this point and to which side. This game seems very well put together I would like it to become my first group game on Elliquiy. That is, if you'd have me.

Walker

Chrystal

I think mostly we're after White and Dark Forest, although Red is always looking for more evil minions!

I'm not a GM, but I am the ruler of the Red Queendom - I guess that sort-of gives me a pseudo-GM status, but I wouldn't want to presume anything... so I can certainly speak for Red, when I say that we can always use more spell-fodder useful members of the evil society on this side.

But we already have more red players than white or neutral, so you might want to consider being a good guy...

Please check out my latest A/A post.
I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

BeckyAnnn

Quote from: HDWalker on September 22, 2013, 06:28:48 AM
Goodday you all,

I was wondering if and what kind of characters would be preferred at this point and to which side. This game seems very well put together I would like it to become my first group game on Elliquiy. That is, if you'd have me.

Walker

I am a group game virgin too.   ;D

Chrystal

I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

HDWalker

Quote from: Chrystal on September 22, 2013, 09:02:34 AM
I think mostly we're after White and Dark Forest, although Red is always looking for more evil minions!

I'm not a GM, but I am the ruler of the Red Queendom - I guess that sort-of gives me a pseudo-GM status, but I wouldn't want to presume anything... so I can certainly speak for Red, when I say that we can always use more spell-fodder useful members of the evil society on this side.

But we already have more red players than white or neutral, so you might want to consider being a good guy...

Okay that sounds good. I will bend my brain around a character then.

Ember Star

Quote from: DTW on September 21, 2013, 06:45:38 PM
Would a Rogue Psychic work? Someone who went to live in the Forrest to try to hide from  their visions only for them to return  with the red queen? I'd like to join. I'm just unsure of what race I want to be.
I think Ghetto wanted to keep Psychic stuff to the royals. I'll ask him.
Quote from: HDWalker on September 22, 2013, 06:28:48 AM
Goodday you all,

Walker
Pretty much what Chrystal said.
"One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony

Fenrir

Character's Name: Daya
Race: Shapeshifter

Kingdom: Apathetic (rogue by definition)

Sexual Orientation: Straight
O&O: Please refer to my O&O's

Powers/Abilities:
Strengths:
~Ability to take any 'common' animal form
     ~ Preference, practice, and ease with flying creatures- particularly with birds of prey.
~Ability to alter vocal chords to imitate bird calls, without having to be in bird form
~High endurance

Weaknesses:
~Limited offensive ability: prefers avoiding combat all together
~Severe claustrophobia
~Inability to adapt to social situations and difficulty shifting into social animals (such as wolves, elephants, or dolphins)
~Inability to shift into 'magical' or 'mythical' categorized creatures (such as griffons, unicorns, or harpies)

Preferred Weapons:
Saber Tooth Claws

Daya carries two of these claws with the handles commonly tucked into her waistband.  She leaves them unsheathed and has two matching scars on the outer sides of her thighs from an mishap with them but she now finds them as easy to use in human form as real claws tend to be in animal form.

Chakram

This is a weapon that stays on Daya's back, for the most part, because she's completely unskilled with it.  In fact, she's not entirely sure what it is: she came across stuck in a tree one day and mainly uses it as a distraction technique when fleeing from people.  She's had it for years and always makes sure to circle back around to retrieve the precious trophy after she has lost those she has fled from.

Barbed Porcupine Quills

These she keeps in assorted places about her body, in easy to reach places, having about ten or fifteen on her at any given time.  She uses them in much the way other people would use throwing knives or shurikens- but due to their limited range and variance in size and shape it is difficult to be precisely accurate with them.   They cannot penetrate armor, nor most clothing but due to the efficiency of nature they can very easily pierce skin and are very difficult to remove.  She commonly aims for people's hands with them, finding this to be the best way to make people drop their weapons.  Daya retrieves these from her own porcupine form when she starts to run low.

Skills:
~No formal education
~Affinity with animals
~Superior hunting and tracking skills
~Extreme observation and analytic skills giving her a talent for seeing 'connections' whether it be between people or events

Written Appearance:
Angled features give her a very much bird like appearance and her short, blonde hair, almost always in disarray, seems to give people the idea of windblown feathers.  Slate colored eyes are piercing and have an predator quality that put most on edge during first impressions.  Her strong face has a tendency to clash with the slim, softness of her body and voice.  Daya is 5'9'' with long limbs that could never be described as athletic but would surprised anyone if put to an endurance test.  She has two, four-inch scars each outer side of her thighs that match the blades of her saber claws and were crudely stitched by Daya herself.  The only other skin 'mar,' if it could be called that, is a rather rough tattoo of a feather disintegrating into different type of birds located on her right collar bone, with the birds flying up towards her neck.

Common Animal Forms

In no particular order.
Golden Eagle

American Kestrel Hawk

Owl

Blue Jay

Swallow Tail Butterfly

Personality:
Daya cannot remember the last time she had a meaningful conversation with anyone- or the last time she had answered any question with anything other than a yes or a no.  She prefers to be alone whether in animal or human form and no longer has any family or friends of which to speak.  She has a very sarcastic, cutting sense of humor but keeps most of those comments and thoughts to herself, coming off as a mere quiet, shy girl until someone starts to really tries to get to know her- then her demeanor changes completely and she resorts to out right rudeness by simply ignoring the individual, until they go away or give up.  If they continue despite her best efforts to shun them, Daya has a tendency to get nasty with sarcasm and insults.  She has no desire for friends but she's found a fondness for watching those around her interact with each other, on the rare occasions she finds herself with people at all.

Animals see a different side of her if they are curious, or persistent enough because they have a tendency to bring out her softer side that is rarely present with a others in the vicinity but she is not above ignoring them, as well, if Daya believes them to be becoming too attached to her... though she has always refrained from insulting them unlike everyone else.

History:
Connections have always been easy to spot for Daya and she's spent too long alone thinking about her past not to be able to pinpoint the exact moments in her life that caused such key elements in her personality.  Those things that were not what others would call 'normal' and those things were mostly a direct cause of her childhood.  Her claustrophobia could be traced all the way back to the age of five when her parents started punishing her by forcing her into small spaces as punishment.  A wooden chest, a wardrobe, or small closet- anything that was handy and relatively close.  The littlest slight could cause her to be disciplined by either parent and though her mother would resort to enclosing her daughter in confined places her father soon began beating her when he discovered she was shifting into smaller animals to help her relax. 

It was a tough childhood: a tense situation that only grew worse as she grow older and her distrust of everyone grew.  Her parents built a barrier between her and anyone that might have shown her kindness and it became second nature for her to ward off contact with others, avoid talking or touch to anyone in efforts to avoid punishment.  It was something she had never grown out of, though she had taken a chance and ran away at the age of fifteen.  It had been storming that night, when she shifted into a doe and took off into the pour rain- running at full speed until her endurance ran out.  She somewhere in the dark forest a day later with no real memory of how she had gotten there and never knowing if her parents had bothered to look for her.  The forest was different than the anything she knew or understood but she adapted quickly, shifting into animals when most dangers, whether thieves or beasts, presented themselves and learning to live off the forest, animals, and very rare occasions the kindness of others.

She soon learned that families were not meant to be as she was raised and that people tended to be social with one another.  Daya discovered that her aversion to others was extremely abnormal and she spent quiet a bit of time as a bird watching those she came across interact.  It was easy, the way people connected and she spent enough time observing to learn the proper etiquette of it all but it never came naturally to her.  The distrust was too ingrained and there was a disconnect between understanding the principle and executing it on command; the barrier her mother and father had so excellently created was still there and as strong as ever despite her understanding and growing longing for something more.  But Daya was convinced if she ever let someone get truly close to her they would do nothing but cause her more pain.  So she kept to herself, venturing into small villages or cottages on the outskirts of the forest to offer rare gathered materials and finely skinned furs for certain supplies the forest could not provide.

Wants and Won'ts --  (updated 02/20)  |  Ideas and Inventions (open!)
Current CreationsApologies and Absences  -- (updated 04/26)

Ember Star

ooooh, I like her. Quite interesting. You have approval from me. Need to drag Ghetto on here to look at stuff if I can
"One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony

Fenrir

*fist pump*  One outta two is like... halfway there!

I'm glad you like her, I think she'll be fun to play ;D

Ember Star

Ghetto told me to just go ahead and approve without him.

So, you're approve! Go on and move her to the character thread :)

Fenrir

GhettoMagick

I wanna be loved by you. Just you. And everyone else too. I wanna be loved by everyone. ;o)

persephone325

Sorry it's taken me so long. I'm stuck on my character's history! lol Usually, I'm pretty good about coming up with at least SOME history right off the bat. Don't know what's wrong with me lately... *sigh*
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Chrystal

GhettoMagick

I wanna be loved by you. Just you. And everyone else too. I wanna be loved by everyone. ;o)

persephone325

I don't know.

GhettoMagick

Rukio

Don't even worry about it. I'm still actually really blocked with some of my other games right now. I just can't seem to keep writing.

Brazen Endeavors

..I want you.  I have seen you and I already love you.  My muse begs to lie in your arms; just for a moment.  I need you..
...come play with me?...
.:.o/o.:.intro.:.a/a.:.
(updated o/o - 7.16.12)

Ember Star

Brazen Endeavors

..I want you.  I have seen you and I already love you.  My muse begs to lie in your arms; just for a moment.  I need you..
...come play with me?...
.:.o/o.:.intro.:.a/a.:.
(updated o/o - 7.16.12)

Ember Star

Quote from: Brazen Endeavors on September 26, 2013, 12:34:40 AM
Lmao considering it.   What do you need?
At the moment, nothing specific that I can think of as far as certain ranks/roles go. Those are currently open to what people want/come up with. But I think the character count is currently tipped slightly towards red. So somebody for white would be good. *she says as she plans a nasty little shifter for red*

I actually need to compile a list of who/what/where.

But yeah, right now it's pretty much whatever you're feeling.