In the Blink of an Eye [Closed]

Started by CrimsonxKisses, May 09, 2009, 02:55:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrimsonxKisses

This is a private roleplay between Silverroses2009 and I, CrimsonxKisses, so I do ask ahead of time that you that you do not post in this thread. Thank you for having the courtesy to abide by my wishes.

Auden placed slender, lightly tanned fingers on the edge of the car door handle, pausing noticeably before opening it. Was he really going to go through with this foolish thing (at least as he considered it)? Knowing him, probably yes. When a life changing opportunity makes its mark on you, you rarely ever turn it down. Ever since his father had told him he'd had a sister, things changed; knowing that atop all of that, he was deceived, was a truly horrible feeling. It hurt to know his father would keep something that serious from him, and it hurt to know his mother didn't tell him first, or at least leave a letter of some sort. It was cancer that killed her; cancer that ripped her from him so cruelly. The way he thought about his father had changed drastically, he was being in disguise -- and intent on staying that way. He was a horrible, awful...

Auden was abruptly cut off from his thoughts as his car skidded to a halt, seeing as he felt himself bump into another person's automobile. Had he so quickly started the engine, and put it into reverse, while his mind was wandering so? Apparently! Thankfully, no damage had been made to the shiny, black BMW ahead of him. "Thank God for that..." Auden sighs, voice almost a whisper as he put the car in drive and headed to his destination. The thought was so odd in his mind: his sister, Rebecca. His half-sister, to be exact, seeing as his father had impregnated some 'other' woman while he was with his mother. He'd said they were broken up at the time, but Auden himself knew that was a complete, utter bullshit. His thoughts were clouded with all these different things, but somehow, he seemed to make his way to her house through the distraction of it all. Seventy-nine Paul's street. 'That's an odd name for a street...' he thought...

The car was now parked. He removed the keys from the ignition, slowly, carefully. "There's no turning back." His voice was raspy, cold sounding, almost harsh, but this was how Auden was sometimes, for he had to be if he wanted to push himself forward. And those knocks, the "tap, tap, tap" of his knuckle hitting the cool wood of her door scared the life out of him.

darkvamplips

(my character)

Rebecca heard the car door come to a halt outside her house and she knew it was her new brother. Even though it was her step brother it was still a brother to her in her mind. She thought that she was also the one and only in the family but now things took a turn for the good. Or so she thought. Little did she know that this was going to be turned into something else and he would not like her. When she heard the knocks on the wood door she jumped because she had been nervous for a while now. She walked gracefully to the door and opened it. "You must be Auden. Hey." She said smiling hoping this was going to be a good thing. It was surprisingly that they looked something alike even though they had different mothers but the same father.
He once said "If he ever hurt you I will walk again to hurt him." Well he did hurt me and where is my friend? RIP Coby you are still on mind even after 10 years.

My request thread:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=29818

CrimsonxKisses

Auden let a sigh pass his somewhat thin, pale lips. Questions pooled about his head in unison by merely standing there and waiting for her. Would she even answer the door? Did she know about him? Was she expecting him? Had his father even told her in the first place? How could Auden possibly... like her? She was the product of an affair, for God's sake! He almost gasped as he heard the creak of a door and noticing it was opening... and there stood she, causing his mouth to part a little ways. Rebecca, his sister, was beautiful. Standing upright with a medium-sized frame facing towards him -- as if she'd been expecting to see the exact face that stood directly in front of her --  he was at a loss for words. His sibling, his family... the only thing he had left was what he was right here. But something changed when he saw her face... the familiar color of her eyes, specifically. That blue-green was too familiar, it was same color his were, the same color as his father's. It was really her, wasn't it? "Sister." It was all he could manage to say before he reached a slender hand to touch the soft flesh of her cheek. It was all a blur to him, and he was partially dazed as his thumb brushed past her cheekbone, but it soon fell limply to his side. "..." He could mutter no more before his eyes snapped shut.

darkvamplips

Something was definitely weird how he reacted and he could see something on his face. When he gently brushed her cheek bone she did not pull away but stared at him to. This was so different to her and also him. "Well come in." She smiled a perfect smile and then turned around to walk in so he could follow. The blond hair swayed slightly as she walked and went into the kitchen. "Do you want something to eat?" She asked knowing it was probably a long day for him.
He once said "If he ever hurt you I will walk again to hurt him." Well he did hurt me and where is my friend? RIP Coby you are still on mind even after 10 years.

My request thread:

CrimsonxKisses

The way she seemed to react to him was odd, or at least not how he expected it to be. To be truthful, up until this point, Auden had hated even the thought of her. What more can a son feel more his father when he jeopardizes his family? What kind of man would look elsewhere for sexual pleasure when his wife was lying in bed, sick from cancer? Auden knew the answer to that, although he'd never want to speak of it. But, what also puzzled him, was this... When it really comes down to it, can you hate family? Can you hate what you are, what you come from, and what shapes you? He'd yet to find an answer. Auden found it awkward that he was following her into her house shortly after he'd just arrived, but he had only because he was invited inside -- he hadn't planned on staying. Did he really plan on going in so soon, to say in the least? Surely, he couldn't hurt the girl's his sister's feelings by denying her invitation... Eventually, Auden sat. "No. Nothing to eat." His voice is cruel in comparison to hers, a bolt of lightning on a warm, summer day. The shock of her was beginning to dissipate, and all he felt was regret. To be truthful, Auden felt blind in his surroundings, blind in everything that puzzled him now, because it was all truth that had never been revealed. You can't fight what life had planned out for you... you can kick, you can scream, but when it comes to the end, it's all revealed. The only way to be sure of oneself is to act as if one is sure of themselves. Doesn't the mind believe what the body does?

Dreaming. Was he dreaming? Whether he believed the answer to be yes or no, it didn't matter, because Auden was fully conscious for this twisted, horrid secret that had been revealed to him such a short time ago. Somewhat distracted in his bitter thoughts, the young man curls his thin digits around the smooth granite of her kitchen counter, trying to steady himself. "I don't have long to stay." It was simple, in his mind, for this was all he'd come for. To see her, and be gone... what more did she expect?

darkvamplips

This was not her fault that her mother had an affair with their dad but they were siblings right? When he said he did not want food something made her think he did. But she handed him a bottle of water. "You must be thirsty." She asked getting one for herself and putting it to her lips. Slowly she took a long sip and swallowed the fresh water. When he said  those words she felt sad since he had just came and now was leaving again. "Your leaving?" She asked sitting down at the table on the opposite side of him not wanting to get to close. Why would he come and be gone again after they had just started to know about each other. She would say get to know each other but then that would mean he would be here for a while.

(Maybe he gets afraid that the same thing will happen to her and she will die. So he calls her every hour and if she doesn't answer he thinks something bad happened.)

My request thread:

CrimsonxKisses

"Look," was all he could manage to say for the moment in time. Auden parted his lips slightly, just to allow a slight 'grumble' noise to pass through as if he was clearing his throat. "You know what I came here for, so don't act the opposite." He just wanted to see her; he wanted to know that porcelain, milky face was merely not a figment of imagination... and that was all. When he'd arrived, he didn't expect to feel so many emotions surging through his body, which was weak at the moment from all that had happened previously. Auden's lips pursed as he eyed the water that was placed in front of him as if it was some foreign object, while only reaching forward to wipe a bead of condensation off of the edge. "And of course I'm leaving," he started, "why else would I stay here -- with you?" Each word that poured from his mouth was fueled by the hate for his father, and the hate for the whore that was probably Rebecca's mother. His usually placid face had twisted into a cruel sneer as he stood near she. As if his emotions had a mind of their own, he muttered a weak sounding "You'd truly disgust me if you weren't the only thing that I'd known of besides family..." He he gripped her by the underside of her cheek, barely letting the edges trace past her skin lazily.

(Possibly, that could make sense. But I'm not so sure if the obsessive calling will make the point we're trying to achieve... I'm sure I'll find a way quick enough! :D)

darkvamplips

She wanted the chance to have a brother. Someone she never had growing up and now he was leaving her? All this time he just came to see her and that was it? The words stung as he said them and she had to look away not wanting to hear this. Then just leave. Why would you come anyway just to leave She said in her mind. When he gripped her chin she winced wondering if he was going to hurt her. "Then just leave if you wanted to just leave you shouldn't have come here."

My request thread:

CrimsonxKisses

His fingers trailed upward with mock gentleness, tickling the flesh of her cheek. In a few moments, the softness of his hand was gone, and he was burying his fingers deep into her flesh. "Leave?" The reality of that one word struck him as if it were a bolt of lightning, and his hand dropped. Bony digits found his bronze hair, rumpling the damp strands visibly. What was he doing to his own flesh and blood? "I-- I'm sorry," he whispers, and mostly to himself. It was as if his voice was as weak and trembling as his fingers after he'd realized he hurt one of the last things he'd have left: his sibling. Auden's palm brushed against the bruises starting to form on her face, which he seemed to be regretful of now. Slow, cool strokes against that lightly tanned skin, and it seemed as if it would all disappear, but stroke after stroke, the faded purple lines just darkened. Thin lips pursed, pulling into a taut line as his mind wandered to and fro. As if agreeing on something unknown, Auden nodded to himself before placing a soft kiss on her cheek, as if a silent command. He had kissed the cheek he had wounded with his own fingers, and despite his cool aura, his body shook. It was as if he was the little boy once again, the one he wanted to forget...

Auden had left that dreaded house as if his life depended on it. No more would he suffer, no more would he want to know... He knew now, and as his car shifted into gear, he was home free.

darkvamplips

She flinched as he touched her cheek again but did not move otherwise. "Ow your hurting me." Was all he said as her hand flew to her cheek where his nails dug into her. When he touched her cheek again to smooth out the bruises she moved her head away not wanting him to touch her again. Even though if he wanted to hurt her he could because he was much stronger then her. When he walked out of the house she followed to the doorway and stopped watching his car. Would he actually leave her standing there? Silently she turned away and walked back into the house locking the door behind her.

My request thread: