[Interest Check] Kingdom Hearts: Advent of the Crystal Blade [NC-E]

Started by Zadaris, January 23, 2011, 01:35:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pendarious

well we've mostly kept the basic Final Fantasy/ Kingdom Hearts magics but some of us have characters with unique magical traits that we describe when the spell is in effect.
Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?
Revolver Ocelot: *shrug* Practice.
—The Last Days Of FOXHOUND

Vergil1989

Yeah I saw that so far and I can't say I blame ya on that point.  Could turn those spells into FF based versions easily enough I'm sure, but when they are on Toril I'd keep them the way they are if that works for you Zadaris of course.
Taker of the Oath of the Drake
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=85486.0  Absence and Apology...countdown to doom....so to speak.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=123720.msg5435844#msg5435844  Storyteller Cafe thread.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=186829.0  Solo thread request thread
IMPORTANT UPDATE as of October 6th 2016 in A/A page

Vergil1989

I think I got all the edits in that I needed/wanted to do but if not let me know Zadaris.  I hope she meets your approval and I hope to see where things go from here.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=85486.0  Absence and Apology...countdown to doom....so to speak.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=123720.msg5435844#msg5435844  Storyteller Cafe thread.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=186829.0  Solo thread request thread

Zadaris

Quote from: Vergil1989 on May 20, 2011, 09:26:30 PM
Yeah I saw that so far and I can't say I blame ya on that point.  Could turn those spells into FF based versions easily enough I'm sure, but when they are on Toril I'd keep them the way they are if that works for you Zadaris of course.

They'll work perfectly that way Virgil. And, following a detailed look at your sheet, I think Giselle is ready for her KH debut.  ;D
"The only way to discover the limits of the possible is to go beyond them, into the impossible."

Vergil1989

HELL YEAH BABY!  Lol, thank you my good sir.  Now, to cause some trouble in Radiant Gardens lol.

Katra Alexion

Dorian Grandale

Hello again.

Just letting ya know, I'm still here, still interested. The dual PC question by Katra, was actually mine. I was just overly busy at that time. Thanks for your answer. :)

So indeed, Fallon will be my primary, still working on the secondaries.
"There ain't no sunshine when I'm low, how I'm low.
People tell me life's a game, I'm not playing.
Bitches don't mean shit to me, anymore.
I have taken my blows, I'm still standing.."

OHWceta

Can't get enough of RPing? Check out my site, it needs members, all are welcome.
http://roleplayparadiseii.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Pretty in Pink

It already has, OHW.  There are several world threads open and running.  On the first post in this thread, there's a character sheet that you need to fill out and post before you can play, though.
[FLOATLEFT][/FLOATLEFT]O.O ~{=}~ Ideas ~{=}~ A&A[FLOATRIGHT][/FLOATRIGHT]

I've taken the Oath of the Drake for Group RP

OHWceta

Can't get enough of RPing? Check out my site, it needs members, all are welcome.
http://roleplayparadiseii.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Dorian Grandale

Me, I gotta wait until Mr. Z comes back. I have much to discuss with him.

Dorian Grandale

Alright! My first(main) PC is ready and approved. Here he is:

Name: Fallierontheross (Commonly known as Fallon)
Appearance:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Personality: Before the terrible events that destroyed Celestia, Fallon was an optimistic, caring Angel Trainer, tough but fair to his trainees. Always ready with firm, but helpful advice to them. Apart from his work, he was known for being always at the vanguard of diplomacy with the Netherworld. While relatively quiet outside of his duties, he becomes very talkative around those he trusts and values. All that, however, is now a dim memory, as the dull, nearly single-minded existence of a Nobody has all but locked his spirit away..

Home World: Originally, Celestia. Now, Radiant Garden(Airship crash sire near Hollow Bastion).

Theme:

Class: Nobody

Weapons: Damnation and Salvation (pistols)
These are his normal weapons, and also the weapons he bears as a Nobody..

Heart System: 45/55
Background:
Fallon's life was never an easy one, even from birth. When taken in for his Exaltation shortly after he was born, the head Priest was shocked to find, he had the Mark of Chaos upon him. This had not happened in many eons, which made many of the Seraphs instantly nervous. While not exactly a damning mark, by many, he was considered to be destined to become a Fallen One. However, what really made the Seraphs wary of him, was what was found next: He was also marked as a Keybearer, destined to wield one of Celestia's most powerful artifacts: the Keyblade known, ironically enough, as The Fallen.

In order to prepare him for this responsibility, he was sent forth, to various Keybearers, so he would learn the art, and return to claim the Keyblade, which for the moment, slumbered within one of Celestia's heavily guarded vaults. As part of his studies, he became a student of the great magician, Yen Sid. On his time with the grand magician, he met a rather peculiar fellow student. While their first meeting was not the best played out moment, they quickly became closer, albeit in the form of a semi-friendly rivalry. This strange friendship continued, even after both of them had returned to their respective worlds. He became an outspoken advocate for full diplomacy between Celestia and the Netherworld, partly to be able to continue seeing her. Since the Seraphs expected him to become a fallen eventually, he was given this 'fool's errand' of trying to heal millenniums of distrust and strife between Celestia and the Netherworld.

Some say he would have eventually succeeded, but the fates played their dark hand, as these strange creatures of shadow began invading Celestia. By all accounts, the Netherworld, as well as the human world were under attack. Following the subtle hints given to him by the keyblade, he fought his way to the center of the realm, already swarming with Heartless, and found Celestia's World keyhole. While in the process of sealing the keyhole, an unknown force surged through it, assaulting him and nearly overloading his keyblade. To all who saw him at that moment, Shada included, he appeared to be destroyed by the surge. Only his keyblade, scorched and rendered inert by the blast, remained behind..

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Tarkan Meinos Serevi
Appearance:
Personality: Ever the working man, he tends to speak to the machines he services more than to people. When he does deign to speak to a living being, he does so in gruff, dry tones. This is no cover, no shield. The horrors committed by both Heartless and Nobodies on his Home World of Ivalice weigh heavily on his soul. But it was the atrocities done by those with evil in their hearts in the wake of the destruction, that truly turned him away from those who call themselves 'civilized' and 'righteous', or indeed, 'people'. The few friends he had, were his clients, and material suppliers. Those brave enough to come to the crumbling airship wreck that is his home, will be greeted by one of countless robot sentries, and a warning shot..

Home World: Ivalice (FF XII)

Theme: <Will add later>
Class: Warrior(Engineer)

Weapon:
Name - Bolt Driver (Cannon Spear)
Ability: Spearhead Cannon/Drill Shot
By using the powerful magnetic engine within Bolt Driver, the spearhead can be shot out at the enemy. This can be very damaging from impact alone, but leaves him with a metal staff, until he can replace the spearhead. Becuse of this, he usually carries three loaded Bolt Drivers, one of them fitted with a hardened drill bit.
By fitting a hardened drill bit to the end of Bolt Driver instead of a spearhead, he can achieve much greater damage, though the resulting missile is slower.

The halls of the crashed airship are littered with the results of such attacks.

Name - AC-22X Wyvern (Automatic mini-crossbow)
Shooting 3-inch darts at a frightening rate, it can shoot 18 such darts before needing to reload. It is gas operated, so it needs to be refueled every 120 shots.
Heart System: 50/50

Background Story:
A prodigy child from a young age, he had much more understanding of the with the mechanics, with an emphasis on the technology of the great flying machines, they called Airships. Their ability to float for what seemed to be forever, fascinated him. But that same trait, made them painfully slow, in his opinion. The more advanced prototypes aside, they took days, sometimes weeks, to get anywhere within the Realm. This was rather annoying to him, and early on, began to study alternate ways of powering and propelling these ponderous machines. Some of his work was based on a strange device he had found some time ago, as he had witnessed it falling from the sky. He had studied this device in detail, and had discovered it was a 'motion drive' of previously unknown kind. He discovered, after a few experiments, that it could be used to propel an airship to wondrous speeds, as well as seemingly teleport said ship, given enough energy.

About this time, the war between Dalmasca and Archadia began to heat up, forcing him to deviate from his personal quest, to assist in the militarization of just about every flying vehicle in Dalmasca. Secretly, he continued his work on the 'Aero Drive' as he had decided to name it. He outfitted a small, scout-type airship with the largest form of the drive he could adequately power, as well as tons of supplies and fuel, for he did not know where this drive would send them to, once activated.

The day of the test flight was marred by horrible news: Nalbina Fortress had fallen! It would be a matter of time before Archadian forces made their way to the capital, Rabanastre. Proceeding hastily with final preparations, he and the 'Swiftwing' as he had called the test ship, launched into a sky already blazing with battle. But he would not be deterred by this. However, he did not count on, was the infiltration of these strange, shadowy creatures. They killed his crew, and sabotaged the ship's main drives. His first thought was that these creatures were Archadian creations, sent in to try and force him to land, so the ship could be captured by the Archadians for study.

However, as he scramble to keep control he could see huge clouds of similar creatures attacking not only the Dalmascan ships, but also the Archadian ones. Whoever was controlling these monsters, wanted everyone dead..

In a rare display of rage, he vented the engine room with hyper-heated steam from the core, then activated the experimental 'Aero drive', hoping it would get him away from the battle, form these horrible creatures. The ship appeared to be enveloped in a blinding light. When he came to, he was floating inside the cockpit. He could feel no gravity, and could not see the sky, or the ground. He also discovered, to his horror, that the rest of the ship was now deserted. The bodies of his crew, and the creatures, were nowhere to be found. But worst of all, is that he and the ship, were now stuck in this strange realm, with no ground, and no sky. He discovered the Aero drive was still working, but with such few points of reference, in the form of scattered pieces of.. earth? he had no idea where he was going. Sure, he had supplies to last him many months, but those would eventually run out, unless he did something, soon.

After nearly a month of wandering, he found what appeared to be a portal, but nothing could be seen on the other side of such. Rather than chance getting lost in this strange realm again, he steered the ship into it. After the disorientation faded, he realized he had gravity again, and that meant one thing: without main drives to keep her afloat, the ship was losing altitude! He sighted the ground a few moments later, and did about all he could not to crush the ship trying to crash land. A few hours later, he awoke in the middle of the now trashed ship, the safety devices having thrown him from the cockpit, which was now buried into the side of a hill.

Slowly, he reconditioned the ship's cargo bay as a shelter, most of the supplies having survived the crash. While he still fumed about Archadia's treachery, the thought of those creatures ripping his crew apart was still fresh in his memory. But was little he could do about it for now, except survive in this strange realm..

Oreida Wesker

Hmm. Death, blood and sex.. Intriguing..

Nice. I look forward to playing this. Could offer loads of entertainment..
Hots and Nots

All my devotion betrayed, I'm no longer afriad.

Thorn14

Can I still say I'm showing interest? I admit I'm not the biggest KH fan (never finished 2 and only 2/3 of BBS) but if this can be made mature, I might be very interested, I like the alignment system.

Katra Alexion

*gasps* My Oni!!!! *hugs Oreida* I missed you !!!! *hugshugshugshugshugs*

Oreida Wesker

-Is horribly mutilated with loving snuggles by her favorite waffle-  ;D A good way to die. heh, yes. I'm gunna play and see how this goes.  Hopefully they get a subforum with their popularity. -hope hope hope-
Hots and Nots

Oreida Wesker

Aneira's full bio moved to 'Aka Faces'.
Hots and Nots

Zadaris

Oreida dear, you are approved. That PM should be waiting in your inbox.  ;D

Quote from: Thorn14 on June 14, 2011, 12:27:14 AM
Can I still say I'm showing interest? I admit I'm not the biggest KH fan (never finished 2 and only 2/3 of BBS) but if this can be made mature, I might be very interested, I like the alignment system.

Yes you can say you're showing interest and don't worry if you're not a big KH fan; as long as you know the general conventions of the series it'll be fine, plus we have many wonderful members that would happily answer any of your questions. Truth be told my first big KH RP on another site had me knowing nothing about KH, but now I adore it for some many of its amazing concepts. In terms of maturity it still retains many of its exaggerated elements (the odd heroic speech or valiant stances for justice) but includes what alot of people naturally dedicate themselves to E for.
"The only way to discover the limits of the possible is to go beyond them, into the impossible."

Thorn14

I admit, my biggest concern about KH is often the fanbase, but since I know E is a mature community, it doesn't bug me that much.

Is there anything I should know before thinking up a character?

Zadaris

Quote from: Thorn14 on June 16, 2011, 10:54:44 PM
I admit, my biggest concern about KH is often the fanbase, but since I know E is a mature community, it doesn't bug me that much.

Is there anything I should know before thinking up a character?

Well the group is very easy-going so there should be no problems on that scale. The closest might be a debate with DemonWing. xD

I think most of what you need to know is set up in the first post. If you want to have your character tied to a certain world or have some sort of relation to canon characters drop me a PM to discuss how they'd fit in (so nothing conflicts in the future). But if its all original just whip up a character sheet and I'll scrutinize it for approval.  ;D

Ironwolf85

I sent you an application Zadaris for an actual heartless character I know their not usually allowed but I thought someone has to play a bad guy, there ared a shortage of them in most games and many players tend to create a "badass but will stick up for friends" characters
I wanted to create a somewhat complex and intersting villian.
Prudence, justice, temperance, courage, faith, hope, love...
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.
Civilization: the ability to put that psycho in prision for killing people.

Thorn14

Thanks.

Brainstorming now, although I'm trying to find a good image of a anime girl with short green hair with a flower in her hair. I'm thinking of using plant powers.

pendarious

Quote from: Zadaris on June 16, 2011, 11:29:30 PM
Well the group is very easy-going so there should be no problems on that scale. The closest might be a debate with DemonWing. xD

I think most of what you need to know is set up in the first post. If you want to have your character tied to a certain world or have some sort of relation to canon characters drop me a PM to discuss how they'd fit in (so nothing conflicts in the future). But if its all original just whip up a character sheet and I'll scrutinize it for approval.  ;D

*laughs* oh man that's pretty funny.....Demon might love the honorable mention here
Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?
Revolver Ocelot: *shrug* Practice.
—The Last Days Of FOXHOUND

Ironwolf85

here's what I've got, let me know what you think

Name: Nym, or Blackheart
Appearance: a former Neoshadow, like all heartless his skin is ebony black with a slightly blue tint he has pulled his dark tendrels that have replaced the antennia back into a ponytail, his face is featureless save for his glowing eyes. His clothes, a white vest left open with straps leading down to his armored gauntlets, cross belted pants and boots, all done in a white and blue color scheme. on his belts are a number of small tools and tricks. his clothes were stolen and retalored.
He is now the full height of a normal human, carrying himself with the air of intelligence placing him far above his shadow minions.

previous form:

Personality: cold and detached, prone to emotial outbursts, he has watched the "Children of Light" from afar and envies their ability to dwell in such beauty, his hunger for light takes a form of an obsessive desire to advance himself and all the mindless heartless below him. He can be quite polite and kind in the right situation, but is prone to what he calls "emotional flares" especally surrounding his fellow heartless.

Home World: End of The World

Theme: Finding yourself using all the wrong methods
Class:  Warrior

Weapon: Hammer
Name - Void Mauler
[-] Ability Name & Effect - Impact: the Void mauler is heavy enough and swung with such speed that it either sends targets flying if blocked or gets stuck in their flesh if it hits. it can crush smaller foes flat.
Dark Teleport: the corridors of darkness present wonderful instant movement to heartless, even in battle, explaining why they ambush quickly and without warning where darkness is high.
Dark Regen: Pureblood heartless are notoriously difficult to destroy, dismiss back to the dark realm, easy, but to truely kill one takes a keyblade.
Quick Summon: Powerful heartless can summon and command lessers, this is common knowlage.

Heart System: 1/99
Background Story: while many shadows fled, cowered before the power of the light, the heart, so intense as to burn them away. Some did not cower, and drew closer, closer, many out of hate or hunger, but one, curious, it hurt, it burned, it was warmth like it'd never felt.
Then it was gone, closed off, that was the Nym's first memory, the door to kingdom hearts slamming shut on his face.
Since the sealing of kingdom hearts and his entrapment in the dark world he grew, growing in power and force of will, untill finally he escaped into the ruins of the hollow bastion, now Radiant Gardens. He has been studying the "children of light" from afar since the death of maleficent, and finally understands some on Ansom The Seeker of Darkness's awful machinery, using it to prodouce emblem heartless.
Unlike Ansom or Xanihort, both the same person respectively, his goal is not domination, distruction, or to consume as many hearts as possable. It is instead to find a way to co-exist, though not always peacefully.
Heartless with a strange new emblem are appearing in the dark places around Radiant Gardens and Traverse Town in small numbers, attacking their ansom counterparts on sight, this is not a civil war between heartless, as some rumors claim. This is a new generation sweeping aside the old.
Prudence, justice, temperance, courage, faith, hope, love...
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.
Civilization: the ability to put that psycho in prision for killing people.

Oreida Wesker

Well, Z man mentioned that Heartless could be played when the big game opens and for now you can make cameos and junk with it..  But it's limited stuffies.. -nods- What page was that on.. I think on.. Page 3... Can't remember.. Mew..
Hots and Nots